Trellix Endpoint Security

4.2 (1,770)
Computer security and endpoint protection platform

(1,770)

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Robust real-time threat protection

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Provides robust protection, acting quickly in the face of potential attacks. Enables a perfect combination of deep expertise in critical infrastructure and excellent technology that provides a level of service and protection that adapts to the needs of the business.

Pros

It is easy to implement and uses very few resources. It has interactive dashboards that provide real-time information on possible attacks. It is able to detect and quarantine malware before they act to cause damage to end computers, due to continuous system updates. Protects the organization against threats, including memory-based attacks, malicious documents, zero-day malware and potentially unwanted programs.

Cons

Occasionally can stop some development tools from working, although this can be corrected.

Fırat

Overall great but has a minor problem

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

I thought for a while to explain my general experience and I would like to express my opinions, you think that it is useless because it runs in the background, but it is quite successful in preventing pop-up windows and malware, it feels safe to use my computer without losing any efficiency.

Pros

I must say that I was skeptical that a simple, affordable, and easy to use computer security product would be any good. But I have been very impressed with this product. I have used it as a trial for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. It is easy to use and very easy to install. I have a desktop and laptop connected and it has worked flawlessly. The only issue I've had is the software has been way too complicated for me.

Cons

Since I have never used antivirus software before, I did not understand some user terms and this made it difficult for me to use, I would have preferred it to be written in a simpler and more original language.

Edgar

A classic antivirus backed by his brand

Reviewed on 06/02/2022

Admittedly, McAfee is an industry leader with solutions that are always up-to-date in their protection features, giving you peace of mind that you have a good protection software tool. Whenever possible, McAfee will be one of the best alternatives that exist in the market for this type of software.

Pros

I have known about the McAfee solution for decades; I remember that in the first computers that I acquired they were always given to me with McAfee installed or, failing that, the only known brand of antivirus to buy and install was McAfee. You felt protected because you had that tool on your computer, which is why today it is for me a classic in this industry, a classic that is backed by its name, because we know that McAfee is synonymous with a good product, with quality and guarantee to fulfill its job.

It is known and I must admit it, McAfee is one of the manufacturers of protection software that guides this industry and the market, for this reason the solutions they offer are always at the forefront, their solutions are robust and complete to really offer total protection. , which I no longer consider an advantage in McAfee, it is already part of its added value.

Cons

From my point of view, I like simplicity, I consider that excess is harmful because when you have such a complete solution and that allows you such a detailed configuration of what you want, it forces it to have a certain behavior in its performance. , and honestly, for me, this is reflected in the total performance of the computer: it becomes slower, which is not to the liking of many people. It may be that my computer is more protected by using a McAfee solution, but I don't want it to be slower than it was before installing that tool.

I know that my computer tends to get slow when using McAfee, the most unpleasant thing is that an OS update forces or suggests you to use it. It is very common in Windows updates that, among one of many, you install a McAfee client without realizing it, and I say without realizing it because when you put automatic updates (for the convenience of the user) you suddenly realize that your computer is already slower and self-installed (you didn't see the update details to say no) that tool, and when you already have antivirus software installed previously, McAfee detects it as malware or something that needs to be removed from your computer.

Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production

Awesome security and device control

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

I started using it on my personal laptop and then I asked for it at my 9-5pm job. Is very easy to use, I don't fear any viruses or threats to come into my devices and we can set policies for external devices to use.

Pros

Is easy and convenient to use. The real-time monitoring with reports helps to do fewer efforts when it comes to verifying work. The device control is very handy so you can decide what kind of devices are allowed and which ones to block.

Cons

Sometimes the time's policy can fail on the endpoint due to communications failure but is not so often. Furthermore, that is very easy to use, it does the job it is made for.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

I find McAfee better at cost and product expectations.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

The price is very affordable, I have settings that I can personalize and the configuration of device control is pretty easy.
Hideki
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A system that keeps endpoints secure

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

It detects in less time powerful and possible threats present on the web that could damage or have access to business data. The program itself is easy to implement and is quite safe, being able to adapt well to any company.

Pros

This tool allows you to constantly monitor any threat that could affect your system in any way, this is the type of tool that any company could need, covering sensitive areas with high adaptability capabilities, and it is quite adaptable for professionals who work from remotely in general, and with a centralized system for greater control

Cons

It is not a type of tool that can be considered negative, it has worked well and is quite functional professionally

Ayseli Bozkır
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ensures the security of our internal communcation

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Pros

We have a private communication network inside our company and Trellix Endpoint Security ensures its security.

Cons

We would be quite pleased if the technical support could solve the problems in shorter time periods.

Daniel
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reliable computer security tool

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

very positive

Pros

There is a lot on the plate of a company manager. One of the most important aspects of a computer-based business is to protect the enterprise endpoints. Trellix Endpoint Security is a tool capable of taking caring of those issues on its own while you can devote your time and energy to other aspects of your company's growth. You can become wealthy while having a thief in your house. Trellix Endpoint Security catch them all for you!

Cons

I believe Trellix Endpoint Security is a very powerful tool. I really like it, however, if I could say anything, it could be even more user-friendly.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

McAfee antivirus program for the total protection of our computing devices

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Protection provides the fastest protection against malicious threats to the computer, as it has a large database that online fights viruses and malware that constantly attack our different computers, which makes our work environment safer. and reliable against access to our privileged information.

Pros

Something that I like about this antivirus, besides being one of the fastest and most recognized in the market, is the analysis it performs on our equipment is that there are no interruptions with Scheduler & Idle Timer, generating a defensive shield on our computer devices, for another part smart alerts allows us to more efficiently manage our security states. Another interesting thing is that the Mcafee allows us to delete doubtful files from the security of the program.

Cons

In my experience the QuickClean program did not completely eliminate the junk programs of my computer equipment and at certain times it overstretched the processor of my PC causing it to lose performance in RAM memory. In addition, the protection against dangerous websites with the software in some cases limits the access to some pages that by the design of their security and their respective certificates prevents entry to these pages by default, which generates an additional workload at certain times .

Zaza
  • Industry: Telecommunications

McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Neutral. Sometimes can't find some viruses and spyware.

Pros

Easy deployment. Intuitive user interface.

Cons

Sometimes slow performance. Can't stop some kind viruses.

Elif şevval
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

need something, like a speed

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Pros

The detection power is high, but not as fast as I expected.

Cons

Scanning took slower than expected. need faster.

Chanaka
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Good endpoint security option with room to improve

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

McAfee's endpoint security is a useful and vital tool for users who seek enhanced security for their devices. With device encryption and an enhanced detection engine, higher security than a typical security system is provided. With frequent updates, McAfee secures users from the latest threats. And the user interface is okay too. But McAfee tends to overload the resources therefore a device with a higher-level performance is needed. Also sometimes false detection occurs which is alarming for users with less knowledge about computers.

Pros

Endpoint security by McAfee has a good detection system compared to windows defender and several other security tools. And with regular updates, McAfee ensures higher protection from the latest threats. And the user interface seems quite easy and comfortable for users. Considering the detection engine and security, McAfee was able to protect the device from many threats during usage, and I have never encountered any malware that could bypass McAfee security. Additionally, users can secure their data using the encryption methods available.

Cons

Sometimes McAfee identifies even normal files as threats and removes the files so that's an issue I have faced with McAfee. And McAfee tends to overload the device making overall performance slower. I felt significant lagging after the integration of the McAfee security system. And I would like it if McAfee is able to increase its scanning functionality.

Alhassan

nothing gets past McAfee without getting thoroughly checked

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

My devices never suffered from malware infiltration or crashes while I used McAfee because it was designed to effectively pre-empt and remove threats before they cause irredeemable damage to devices or cause damage and loss of files. Also, protection extended to both online and offline activity. Ignoring the pricing lapses and stubborn notifications, it has been a really great product to use.

Pros

Malware detection was very potent, often catching viruses and other threat forms on thumb drives cleared by other devices operating different anti-virus software. The added password management feature certainly adds a secondary level of security and device access management. Finally, I admire how it conducts real time threat assessments in the background without interfering with your ongoing tasks, and only calls for action only when certain kinds of threats are detected. The automation of many of the key processes is really great for undisrupted workflow.

Cons

The constant notifications on product upgrades was very annoying, and somehow could never be disabled because it kept popping up regardless. Secondly, the pricing packages are a bit murky and unclear.

Amirshahab

Peace of mind for small network

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

During several years, I used different version of MacAfee and find it a better solution for small size network or even home laptops. With MAcafee Endpoint application, there is no single point of fail. I would recommend constant backup and plenty of Ram for the main server.

Pros

It has great protection for my small network and all systems are under protection umbrellas by this software. Scheduling regular scan is easy and manual scan is easier.
The detection level and its guard is higher than free app(Like windows defender). Updating the app is so easy and reporting is available.
the interface and the main menu is also easy to work and very user friendly.

Cons

It controls the search engine and sometime changes it to standard useless Yahoo search.
it makes the boot or first startup a bit slower and one may feel total computer speed is slower. However it becomes good after some seconds

Avast Small Office Protection

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

faster and better performance.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It supported by my ISP and also had better pricing.(Free for some of the units)
Sandesh
  • Industry: Entertainment

Girded Web Soldier

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

I am using it for about 5 years with yearly subscription and It has been so overwhelming that my laptop has not been attacked or affected due to this software. The antivirus is highly secured that it blocks or deletes files in an instant and that is the best thing I have experienced with McAfee Endpoint Security.

Due to these reason, I had suggested this antivirus software to many of my friends!

Pros

I am a blogger and I like the way McAfee Endpoint Security helps me to visit secure & safe website while I surf for relevant data for my blog. It helps me even to download files or images which are safe and free from malware. It even checks my laptop for unwanted apps or trojan files which may have creeped while I spend my whole day on the Internet.

I love the way it protects my laptop, keeping me confident all day long!

Cons

I do not like the way it blocks out the website completely without saying why that page is harmful or what was the route of trojan files which managed to creep into my laptop.

Michael
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Secure AntiVirus Software

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

My experience with McAfee is primarily with cellular phones and laptops, as well as home personal computers. McAfee is great to run when you find that your computer running slower than expected, and typically it will send a warning that the users needs to run a Security Check. That process is simple, just the touch of a button and answering yes or no to a few easy questions about varied findings. It has also been beneficial in assisting to locate a stolen Apple IPhone with local police, as well as locking my stolen phones to protect my family and personal information.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is an easy to use antivirus/anti malware/computer locator/cell phone locator program and service which one may choose to purchase yearly subscriptions or month to month from online directly from McAfee or stores such as Best Buy. Installing a Security and Antivirus Software on ones expensive private phone, computer or tablet is very important because a computer virus can ruin a $1000 or more dollars and without running a software the consumer would neither be aware of the cause nor be able to perform the simple automated repairs, which are included in the software. It’s especially useful if your phone is lost or stolen as you can have phone locator activated and it can assist police in resolving your lost personal information and financial investment. Buying the software is much wiser than risking the common occurrence of computer malware or computer viruses, which can waste hundreds to thousands of dollars and potentially lose priceless photos, and necessary business information, as well as leave ones family and home to the potential access of vandals or criminal acts. McAfee is a sure way to Secure your online world, with passcodes and strong customer service support.

Cons

McAfee is not free. They offer a partial McAfee software program which covers basics, and most new devices offer a seven to thirty day free trial period, however once that trial period is over you must choose to pay McAfee or another Endpoint Software company else you are putting your online valuables, privacy, and workload at risk as well as the device itself potentially being ruined. It’s a shame that with cell phone companies and internet providers charging such enormous amounts that such a software is not included. The cost of another necessity in the evolutionary stage of internet and technology usage is somewhat frustrating, however relevant and necessary for optimal use of your tech products.

Sebnem

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

Cons

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning.
Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Our license was over. We have researched new products and decided to use McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We did some POC on a few products and we chose the McAfee Enpoint Security because of the good overall functionality.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

Reviewed on 09/11/2019

At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking.
It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Pros

We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime.
The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Cons

There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task.
The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks.
Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Due to better pricing, good centralized management features and good feed back from I.T community we selected this product.
Amanda Josalene
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Use on my main PC & Laptop for security

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

McAfee helped me choose their software easily by providing me with a lot of detailed information and the pros to using their service. Their free trial helped me get a feel for the software & application, and I ended up purchasing their package so I could have security I needed for my computers.

Pros

McAfee has been my main security & virus screening application on my main computer (Windows) and laptop (Apple) since I first purchased both of them. I used McAfee due to the simple user interface and the accuracy. McAfee also does rather quick screenings in the background as well, so I don’t always have to go in and manually warrant a full computer scan. I find this conviennent because it usually slips my mind to do a computer scan, especially while I am busy doing work. Having a reliable virus/security screening software like this has been incredibly important for me since I am an online worker and own an online apparel business as well, meaning I absolutely need that extra layer of security on my computers to prevent me from getting hacked, spied on, losing my information, etc. I spend a lot of time using my computers and process sales online, so I cannot afford the risk of getting a virus or having anything hacked on my computer. McAfee also has regular needed updates, so it is never outdated and never working improperly.

Cons

I don’t have cons; I haven’t had to use their customer service yet, but I have heard mainly good things from others who had to use contact their customer service for any help.

In a world with a lot of security options, it's hard to pick just one

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

We used McAfee for two years when we decided to cancel our license. This decision was 100% because another company offered us a deal we couldn't refuse.

I don't want to name the other company because I know the deal is no longer offered.

Long story short, this new tools seems to make my computer run a little faster, and they claim to be just as secure. I have never suffered a major security breach at any company I have worked with, and I am glad I haven't. Who is to say whether that is coincidence or whether these tools are doing their job.

At the end of the day, buying any security tool is a bit like buying a body guard. There's always going to be someone that could take that guard down with the right amount of force. You have to find the guard that makes you feel safe and helps you sleep at night.

I never lost a single night's sleep with McAfee, and I have maybe lost one or two with this new company. You have to find the guard that is right for you.

Pros

Great interface. Everything about McAfee's brand and tools feels and looks professional. I can tell that they take security very seriously.

I have had minimal interaction with their Support Team, and my issues were quickly resolved. Set up is extremely quick and self explanatory. Getting my team set up was done in less than a week after purchase, and McAfee has been doing it's job quietly in the background ever since.

Because it's such a widely used tool, most problems can be solved with a quick Google search. Which is a huge plus for a guy like me.

Cons

I am not tech savvy enough to understand why, but I feel that McAfee slows my system down more than some of the alternatives I have used. And I am fairly tech savvy. It's really frustrating to adopt tools that are supposed to improve your safety, but it's hard to love them when they are reducing your productivity. That being said, if you are vetting these tools for a large company, I would imagine this slowdown is well worth the peace of mind McAfee can otherwise bring.

I feel like scans can take longer than expected sometimes, making it difficult to find the right time of day to perform them (in the morning it can halt a teammate's productivity, but at the end of the day it could extend past closing time).

I always hate to mention price as a con, especially for things that can save your millions of dollars, but McAfee is not cheap. I'll let you work out whether or not that matters for you and your business.

Joshua

Best in the industry

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

Pros

McAfee is a trusted and well-known brand. Their speciality has always been computer security; this makes me feel a bit more at ease when it comes to protecting my business devices. It integrates well with MacOS and iOS, so setting it up was very easy. The best thing perhaps is that it does the job very well without needing to bog down CPU/memory usage.

Cons

There isn't really anything in particular that I don't like about this software.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton AntiVirus made my MacBook run very, very slow.

Julianna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Dragging and Lagging

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Overall I have felt as if all my assets have been protected by McAfee. However, I often debate whether or not it is worth it to keep McAfee due to the slowing of the system as a by product of using the software.

Pros

What I liked the most about McAfee was that the program provided many facets needed to protect the computer against threats, potential and current. McAfee does just about anything that any company would need to secure their IT portion of the company.

Cons

While McAfee has many positive components, there are several pitfalls. One of the most annoying pieces of this software is the constant notifying of updates, changes, and reactivations. Because they are so frequent, the computers slow down and lag. Other programs are slower to open than others. This alone makes me want to get rid of McAfee right away.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

McAfee was a name that I trusted and have had extensive experience with McAfee in the past. Despite having some qualms about the quirks of the software, it was worth keeping it for the protection.
David
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent Security Software For Businesses

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Overall McAfee is very easy to use, simple to maintain and operate, and well equipped to respond very well to a wide variety of outside threats to any business.

Pros

McAfee is an excellent security solution for companies who need Firewall, Email and Internet protection for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. It's very easy to manage and add or remove devices as needed through a central dashboard. Some of its best features are excellent protection against security breaches that include viruses, data loss, malware, ransonware, spyware, and phishing threats. McAfee also comes with a file shredder. It’s an excellent tool to permanently delete files that you don’t want anyone else to see. McAfee does a very good job of blocking spam and unsafe Emails from reaching employees' devices. You can also use McAfee to block unsafe sites from employees ability to access them on your company's network. In the event of a virus, the McAfee software can easily completely remove it. The software has very reliable features such as continual security updates that will constantly scan users devices and search for new threats. Deployment and Administration was very fast and easy. McAfee support is solid and always available to help with any issues that may arise.

Cons

McAfee does have a negative downside. It can affect the speed performance of other applications and cause lags even when it's operating in the background.

Waldemar
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

McAfee - affordable, simple and effective antivirus software

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

I found McAfee to be a versatile security suite offering not only standard antivirus endpoint protection but also a wide-selection of useful tools and features, I am extremely fond of the product and I've been ultilizing it on both my company and personal PC's for years at this point.
It is definatelly my go-to antivirus software and I can recommend it to anyone.

Pros

McAfee is an affordable all-purpose security suite. In my view the product offers an unmatched price-to-quality ratio. McAfee provides an effective threat-fightning toolkit including covering not only the basic end-point protection but also quick clean for cache management, ransom-guard, web booster and many more. .

Cons

The database updates although not as straining on the system as what I have experienced using other products are still legthy and I see there is a space for improvement.

Binujaya

Feel protected at any time

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

All in all, this software provides a great safe for your computer from viruses and some unwanted errors that may occur but it’s not too great. It needs some improvement and they need to reconsider the price. There are other much cheaper and better software that you can find and use plus they will offer you better protection.

Pros

McAfee is a great anti-virus tool. They have a great supporting team and are very helpful when you need help from them. If some problem occurs they are solving it very fast, which is something that I like most. This software has helped me and protected my computer from viruses for a long time. It recognizes almost all of the viruses plus the new ones that come up every day. Also, McAfee does a pc scan on its own which is something very nice because sometimes you can forget about scanning your pc and to find out that you have some errors or viruses on your computer.

Cons

What I don’t like is that it slows my computer a lot. I don’t know why is that happening, maybe because they added something that it’s not needed in the program or some software error however they need to fix that. Another thing that I dislike is that sometimes the scan for errors and viruses take too long. Plus it takes a lot of your memory when you do a scan. If you don’t have enough memory then this is not the right product for you. In the end, the price is not cheap. For anti-virus program that has a lot of things to fix the price is way too high.

McAfee is tough customer

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Overall I am more than satisfied with McAfee, I do believe that this is one of the best Security Softwares that there is out there at the moment and I strongly recommend it, especially after trying many ways to "destroy" it's Security, which were all proven impossible and made me use it myself eventually.

Pros

It basically looks impenetrable, as I came across McAfee for the first time while resolving a connection issue for one Customer. I got more and more interested in it, especially because I had to find and exploit it's weak points, but at the time I wasn't able to find any, which made me try it out ( and eventually use it daily ) on my personal laptop too.

Cons

I didn't like impossibility to find and exploit a weak point, thru which I could gain more access than I should, while solving some issues ( as Support Technician).