Vimeo

4.6 (1,029)
Write a Review!
One video platform. All your video needs.

(1,029)
4.2/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

François
François
  • Industry: Human Resources

AN essential tool for storage and distribution

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

I have been using Vimeo for a decade now. Flawless . never got me down . The web site is never down.Minor issues with the privacy settings but overall a very reliable storage solutions fo small businesses.

Pros

The annual package is what I need!easy to upload videosEasy to sort and classify contentEasy to searchPassword protected files and contentEasy to embed to my web sites

Cons

Sometimes a public video cannot be seen on my web site.The privacy parameters can be a bit confusingThe interface to set up parameters is a bit awkward

Amazon S3 and YouTube

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

More difficult to manage my library in Youtube.The way the content is protected in View suited more my needs.

Priceease of use
Benny
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Simply Vimeo Review

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

In some cases, we've observed Audio/video is not synchronized in other platforms (specially YT). Not sure how Vimeo solves this, but we have never seen this trouble in videos, even with special settings in nonstandard frame rate or something like that...

Pros

I like the availability of adding photos from Flickr in my videos, the privacy options for your footage (protected by a password or hidden from crawlers), the option to share with other people your masterpiece without complicated Python-Downloaders methods, the option to add tags. Finally, Vimeo has a strong community with a gazillion of videos, tutorials, etc. If you want to see kitties vids, perhaps this is not your platform. If you want to share any professional video work, then you're in the right platform!

Cons

Upload a video is not made at the Speed of light (compared with DailyMotion, PeerTube or YT), but is acceptable.The only report you can get is the number of views. Glad if Vimeo offer a visual line in order to understand what is more seeing moments in a video...

Dailymotion and YouTube

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

Vimeo have a Gazillion of options. Even is not perfect, is very close (at least for us)...

Dailymotion

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

We are very happy with basic/free options.
Farid
Farid

They provide false information and hope you don't churn

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

Easy to use and reliable. We haven't had any technical issues in years

Cons

It is really annoying that they refuse to send receipts via email, even though they say they will. This is a cheeky way to reduce their churn.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

Honesty is important for us

Sonia

Great tool for Video

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

Ease of use and management of internal content.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I do not like about Vimeo.

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Cons

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Wistia and YouTube

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.
Yelle
Yelle
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Here for the Customized Branding

Reviewed on 01/10/2023

I don't use Vimeo to its full potential. I just needed it for one reason, video hosting with custom branding and controls. I'm sure there's a lot more great about Vimeo, but I just haven't found a need for them.

Pros

I chose Vimeo after I realized that YouTube did not allow me to have custom colors and turn off certain controls. I wanted the video to look good on my well-designed website and to fit in seamlessly. Vimeo allowed me to customize like this whereas YouTube did not. I do have a graphic design background so I felt this customization to be pretty easy. So was uploading the video and generating the url or embed code.

Cons

I wish there was even more customizations on the branding and controls on Vimeo. Also, I don't know anyone who spends time going down Vimeo rabbit holes like they do on YouTube. I'm sure they're missing out on viewership like this.

Christine
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to use product for Video needs

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Their customer service is helpful and overall I find it to be a fairly easy product to use.

Pros

I like the Live Streaming the best. I feel like I am with a group in this environment

Cons

The video editing is always challenging for me. Partly because I am not a professional videographer, so I don't blame Vimeo entirely

Mike
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Powerful video storage at high quality

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Pros

Our videos look great on our embedded websites, ability to control where you can embed and player functionality like full screen, hide playbar for a webinar etc.

Videos load quick, which is crucial nowadays. And the analytics helps us understand the audience, where do hey drop of, how is this video performing etc.

Cons

The interface was a bit different than what we were used too: YouTube. But still, we managed very quickly to understand how to use it.

Timothy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great video host without all the clutter.

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

It's quicker to work with and less of a hassle to host and provides a cleaner link on external sites than Youtube.

Pros

Everything just feels less convoluted and cluttered than Youtube. My preferred host for commercial videos.

Cons

As with most things some of the best options are locked away from free users. Uploads can take some time.

Haley
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Surprisingly satisfied

Reviewed on 20/01/2024

My overall experience has been great so far

My overall experience has been great so far

Pros

I like how easy the software is to understand

Cons

I don’t like the fact it seems sluggish at times

Amy

Easy way to create social media videos

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Pros

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

Cons

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Raghav

Reviews on Vimeo

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

Overall experience with Vimeo is good. It is meant for content creators who are serious about their work. And it a good place for educational institutions to archive their videos. One can program an API to use it for online classroom services.

Pros

Uploading of the files and organisation of the data.

Cons

Getting the links of a video is complicated. One needs to go to the advance settings, the distribution and then finally click on video links. Then you get playable links or downloadable links. If you don’t have the API it is a lot of work if you have a large video library.

Microsoft Azure and SproutVideo

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

It wasn’t cheaper than other services. But one major advantage is it doesn’t charge for usage of bandwidth. All other services charge for bandwidth usage.
Yashovardhan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing video sharing platform

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Vimeo is a great site for hosting and sharing videos. The site is easy to use and has a lot of great features, like the ability to create and share channels, create and manage playlists, and embed videos on other sites. The video quality is very good, and the site is ad-free. Overall, I have had a great experience with Vimeo.I have found Vimeo to be a very reliable and user-friendly video hosting platform. The quality of the videos is excellent, and the site is easy to navigate. I would definitely recommend Vimeo to anyone looking for a high-quality video hosting solution.

Pros

There are many things to like about Vimeo, but one of the things that stands out the most is its high-quality video content. Vimeo has some of the best video content available, and it's all filmed and edited by professionals. This makes for a much better viewing experience than other video sharing sites.Another thing to like about Vimeo is its clean and simple interface. The site is easy to navigate and use, and there are no ads or other clutter to get in the way. This makes it a great option for those who want to watch videos without any distractions.Finally, Vimeo also has a great community of users who are passionate about video. This can be seen in the comments and forums, which are typically filled with helpful and constructive discussion.

Cons

There are a few things we would improve:-The search function could be more robust-The ability to share albums or groups of videos would be helpful-The organization of videos could be improved- it is difficult to find old videos-The quality of videos uploaded via the mobile app could be improved

Excellent Video Hosting

Reviewed on 14/06/2020

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Wistia
Matthew

Use more for storage and review that sharing

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

The main reason we chose vimeo over youtube is the clean look for hosting videos, no ads on our video and minimising the risk to our organisation and internal reviewing. I would love to have better support from vimeo in promoting our videos.

Pros

For the price Vimeo gives small busniness will a few people working on video content a good platform to upload, store and review footage. We use vimeo review daily to mark up and give feedback on edits - and I really love the clean look of vimeo when sharing and embedding videos. Ad free experience is also a bonsu

Cons

It seems very hard to get people to view your videos from within vimeo. The community is lacking and the internal sharing of content on vimeo is poor. I'd love to be able to get more eyes on our content and I think vimeo should be doing some of the lifting here.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

Pros

The organized and user-friendly interface of Vimeo was particularly appealing to me. Its simple design and intuitive user interface made navigation a breeze. I also appreciated the platform's extensive collection of videos from various channels, including educational and entertainment content. A standout feature for me was the capability to watch videos on different devices, allowing me to enjoy my favorite content even while on the move. Additionally, the high-quality videos provided a smooth and enjoyable viewing experience, which was another feature I particularly enjoyed.

Cons

I did not find anything that I disliked about Vimeo. It is an intuitive and user-friendly platform with plenty of features for users to take advantage of such as the ability to customize privacy settings, organize videos into collections, and create high-quality videos. Additionally, the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

Tibor
Tibor
  • Industry: Entertainment

Vimeo for professionals

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

The reason we love Vimeo is because of its flexibility over many of the other popular video sharing online programs such as YouTube who is very restrictive in content. Vimeo is recommended but it's best for professionals.

Pros

Vimeo is less restricted in what kind of videos are posted on your account than some of the other popular sites such as YouTube. Vimeo is more specialized for professionals therefore you can share videos among other professionals as well as you can get in tough with other professionals. It has a free version but with limited storage and a paid service with unlimited.

Cons

It is kind of expensive to use if you have higher volume content, free service only allows certain total size storage per month

Jenny

I've used Vimeo Pro as a video reviewing program while working in advertising and tech.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Pros

What I like best about Vimeo Pro are the strong control / privacy features and the video review features. Being able to control password protection, link expirations and video downloadability add so much relief when sharing and reviewing sensitive video content. The content is so secure and early versions of videos that aren't final yet don't have to be downloaded by people that shouldn't be given access to download them. I've worked in advertising and tech and I'd much rather share early rounds of video content via Vimeo Pro vs. WeTransfer or another video sending / sharing program since I can protect against their ability to download the file and accidentally use it later or confuse it for a final. So, quality control and version control are made easier simply by having the program be protected, filterable and secured. Version control is made even clearer via video review pages where you can compare video versions and detail differences among videos and even add timestamped notes right within these videos to detail these said differences. For working in video production, Vimeo Pro is top notch and really helps streamline, clarify and consolidate videos in development.

Cons

This isn't necessarily something I dislike but just a truth to share after videos are final my teams and I have always moved our videos to YouTube and social media vs. hosting them on Vimeo since YouTube is more universally used. My teams have known you can link Vimeo videos to YouTube, etc. and even initiate paid advertising through the Vimeo portal but for videos on YouTube and other channels but that always seemed like too much work / not worth it when you can go handle business with YouTube directly.

marta
  • Industry: Automotive

powerful and versatile tool for video

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

the platform is intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to upload, organize, and share videos with customers.

Pros

I have found Vimeo to be a valuable tool for creating and sharing engaging video content that showcases our products and services.One of the key advantages is its ability to host high-quality videos without compromising on resolution or playback speed. This is especially important for us, where high-quality visuals can be crucial for showcasing product features, designs, and performance.

Cons

I have found Vimeo to be an excellent video hosting platform without any significant downsides.

Israel

Making Presentation videos

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

I also use to edit my presentations

I also use to edit my presentations

Pros

I use vimeo to make and edit videos which explains about our foundation activities and vimeo has many effect and also easy to make animated videos.

Cons

Vimeo needs to purchase premium to access other tools.

Waldo
Waldo
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Brilliant Functionality

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

From initial contact, to the fine-tuning of the contract, through the implementation and the subsequent support our experience has only been positive.

Pros

The features that come with Vimeo Pro make it a super product to stay abreast of developments and customer interaction. Vimeo regularly introduce upgrades in line with the latest technology and market trends, and offers a seamless integration. Since the start there has been no downtime at all, and the support staff were always on call to answer the smallest query.

Cons

Some features on the "wish list" of our company usage is not available, such as audio-only streaming. There are workarounds albeit expensive, but that said, the developers at Vimeo are always working on improving their service. It is on their development roll-out plan, and based on their track record we are willing to wait it out.

Jayla
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 2+ years

This Is Like YouTubes Twin Sister!

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Love it! Privacy and storage isn't a big issue for me, but it can for others. When you go on YouTube you can encounter really mean people, here in Vimeo, its so great and positive, very rarely you encounter bullies or fresh people! Supportive community and great place if you don't like being judged because its lower population than YouTube! People think of it as a bad thing but, I personality think its AMAZING! Yeah you may not get a lot of views but you get more supporters than haters! You can make the most simplest video and you will get supporters no matter what! At lest for me! You may have limited storage but at least you get really nice people!

Pros

I love this app! I love how you can download videos and save them encase you loose your video or want it back later. Great sores like YouTube, Little safer community than YouTube, Small population but friendly kind people and supporters. Very updated and you can tell it is! Less rude people and more professional people who support you and help you. Bully free and little more flexible with using music.

Cons

Unlike YouTube, you have limited space and you have to pay monthly to get a bigger GB in your profile space. Its playing too many of the same 4 ads. More cons is that you need to pay for privacy, people can just download your video unless you play the program not to allow it. So anyone can just download your video and use it.

Curry
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The cheapest and most efficient way to manage long-form video and more

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

In all my years creating video content, I've never experienced an easier way to upload, view, download, or watch all of my content in one place. We uploaded all of our sermons, creative videos, promotions and more weekly without much of a problem. While it's not cheap, it's very affordable in the grand scheme of comparative software for what it does, exudes professionalism and allows for some truly breathtaking options in customizing your content. Those upload quotas can create quite the headache, though.

Pros

The seamless integration allows for quick uploads, very strong communication on the process it takes to compress, convert, and post. There are numerous privacy options, from private links to password protected videos that give the user control over their projects unlike a lot of other platforms. There's also streaming features now that open up even more doors.

Cons

The upload quotas. Unless you have at minimum this Pro plan, you're going to run into trouble from time to time. We uploaded probably 18 GB's a week and cut it close several times, and sometimes had to wait until the following week to be able to post our content. That may not be the norm, but it keeps smaller churches and companies from utilizing it due to this not being an issue on YouTube.

Pearl

Vimeo may be for you

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

Overall my experience with Vimeo was positive. I would have loved to stay if it wasn't a financial choice at the time, but I've gone a different route with my business and no longer need this service, however, I think for those who are focusing on exclusive type videos, this may work for you.

Pros

One of the things I did like about the platform was I was able to integrate it into my website. It makes it very easy to do so. I found that it was able to be customized as well so that your videos look professional and really make your brand stand out.

Cons

The reason I decided to leave Vimeo was due to the fact that I didn't have enough space unless I paid for more space. At the time, I had just started my company and I did not want to have such a high overhead especially because I was also paying for the website and all other things that come with starting a business. I wanted to keep my costs down. But don't let that deter you, I just was not experienced on how to best utilize the system. If you are more established this may be a good platform if you want to make your videos more exclusive.

Benjamin
Benjamin

A linchpin for my business

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

So many pros to list here. My favorite features are the reviews page. Giving a private link and allowing clients to make notes at specific times in the video has been hugely helpful. The ability to replace the video while maintaining the same URL is also amazing, and very helpful when managing videos linked to all kinds of sites. All the privacy options makes it easy to manage a huge portfolio. The albums feature makes it easy to organize large video lists into sections. Being able to allow downloads makes this the best platform for working with clients from start to finish. Can't praise Vimeo enough. Vimeo > Youtube

Cons

Occasionally, the upload will fail and replacing the video will not work, making it necessary to start over with a fresh link.