Mailbird

Write a Review!
Email management software to synchronize communications

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

Tomas
Tomas
  • Industry: Market Research

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Cameron
  • Industry: Design

Great for micro businesses

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

Love that it's simplified, love that I can customize and add other communication apps like Teams, Slack, etc. but it needs less 'all Google' and more options for MS365 users...give people actual options, unlike every other tool out there (all google focused) - not every micro business likes Google!!!!

Pros

Super easy to use, setup, and keep all communication tools in one place

Cons

HATE, HATE, HATE that its Google focused - not everyone likes Google - please make more features available for Microsoft 365 users!!! Like SharePoint, Word, Excel, etc. as an app option! Stop with Google crap!

Elias
Elias

Not a Mailbird Lifetime Deal - Be Aware!

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

In conclusion, although I appreciate the improvements in Mailbird 3, the unanticipated additional cost has left me feeling disappointed and disillusioned with the brand. I hope Mailbird addresses this issue and considers its loyal customers who invested in the previous lifetime deal.

Pros

As a user of Mailbird 2, I was genuinely excited when I purchased the lifetime deal. The promise of a one-time payment for continuous access to their excellent app was a deal I couldn't pass up. Mailbird 2 has been my reliable companion, streamlining my email management with its intuitive interface and robust features.

However, my enthusiasm has been dampened by the latest development. The introduction of Mailbird 3, undeniably a more advanced and promising version, has come with an unexpected twist. The lifetime deal that I had happily invested in for Mailbird 2 no longer applies to this new upgrade.

Cons

Having to pay again for Mailbird 3 feels like a betrayal of the trust I put in the "lifetime" deal for Mailbird 2. The term "lifetime" implies a long-term commitment, which I assumed would include subsequent versions of the software. However, it appears this is not the case.

While I understand that the development and maintenance of new software require resources and hence, costs, it's disappointing to face another payment request after purchasing what was marketed as a lifetime deal.

Deena
  • Industry: Accounting

Pay once and never have to pay for your desktop calendar, email, todolist again.

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Pros

Similar to Outlook but it can be purchased as a stand-alone, which Outlook can't. No need to worry about continually having to pay for another upgrade, pay once and forget about it. Lifetime free upgrades. Can sync to google calendar, Todoist, Facebook, LinkedIn, among other apps. Works well with digitally signed emails.

Cons

So far, there is nothing that I do not like about Mailbird.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Cost and efficiency.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Mailbird works with my digital signing certificates better than Thunderbird did.
Andrea
  • Used for Free Trial

Google users, beware...

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

Pros

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Cons

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

Christopher J
Christopher J
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Ridwan
Ridwan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

Pros

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

Cons

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Giacomo

Great app for managing email

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

Pros

With Mailbird I can manage both mail and other very useful apps for my work from a single program without having to always change the work window.

Cons

it might be easier to customize but that's not a big deal

Gary V
Gary V

Great Product

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

Pros

All my social media accounts, calendar and apps in the sidebar. Saves time because everything is there at a glance.

Cons

Nothing to not like. What more can I say!

Wayne
  • Industry: Accounting

Version 3.0 violates my original license agreement

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Good until v 3.0. The interface was very good for users with only one email address.

Pros

I used to like their purchase once, and get lifetime updates license.

Cons

I had a perpetual lifetime license but after the latest update, they are trying to force me to subscribe!! I think a class action lawsuit may be in order.

Gerald
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT...

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

Pros

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

Cons

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Natesh
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Natesh Feedback on mailbird

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Simply wonderful

Simply wonderful

Pros

Integration with other applications like WhatsApp, google docs and google sheets

Cons

You can have tables to compose emails and also you cannot select multiple emails to forward to people and export all emails to archive. They should have pst export or archive feature.

Postbox

brad
  • Industry: Photography

Support VERY BAD

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer.

I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.

Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Most reliable Gmail client

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Matthew

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Pros

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird.

Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

Cons

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations...

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

Cons

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

George

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily...

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Pros

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time
Very cheap for what it offers
Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup
Dark mode UI

Cons

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable.
There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast
Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients
No functional proprietary spam filter

Best email client I've found!

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

Pros

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

Cons

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Vipin

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Pros

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

Cons

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

eM Client

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Simplicity and fastet sync and response.

Best email management software you only need

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Pros

Filtering email is sooo easy with Mailbird. ♥ I have 10+ emails and managing them in one platform is such a huge deal for me. I also love their mail tracking, when someone has opened your email already. I know there's so much to explore though I've been using it for more than a year already.

Cons

Looking forward to create email filter at once.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Is it the best e-mail client ever? It comes pretty close.

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Pros

The software is very lightweight on system resources, is quick and easy to setup and offer a simple interface that is clean and easy to navigate. Supporting multiple e-mail accounts and types of account out of the box is excellent and it really allows you to have a single pane view of all your mailboxes in one place.

Cons

I least liked the fact that the Microsoft Exchange connection is only available in the Business/Pro edition, whilst it used to be that mailboxes running on Exchange were normally only ever a business option there are more and more hosting companies offering Office 365/Exchange mailboxes as part of their email solution.

Gary

Mailbird to the Rescue

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

As noted above, I was looking for a solution for an offline email client. I wanted to try out clients before settling on a particular client. Mailbird free version gave me the opportunity to test the software for my needs before making an investment. Mailbird was easy to set up.
i did have issues with syncing at times, but the help notes gave me a suggested solution and have not had a problem since.

Pros

I needed to find an offline mail client to access my AOL mail and be able to respond offline to send later.
I wanted to have access to my contacts and be able to send group emails, changing groups as needed easily and quickly.

Cons

Sometimes syncing is an issue, but that may be due to the different internet connections while traveling.

Jonathon
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Great software!

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

Pros

I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

Cons

No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Juan Franco

If there's one email client that made my life easier?

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

It made managing emails enjoyable and with the intuitive controls and UI/UX design, it's not that hard to notice. They also give bang for your buck when you subscribe to their premium package. I've been using it since 2017 and intend to use it longer.

Pros

This would be it. I've tried other email clients and this was by far the easiest to install and sync all my accounts. Working with different email addresses in work and personal with Mailbird made everything seamless. Their customer service is also top notch. The updates are delivered in a timely manner and they care about their clients so much. And the GoT themes? Just WOW!

Cons

To be honest, there wasn't. It was my fault on why I my personal website's email wouldn't sync. As far as cons go, there is none that I've encountered.

Mehmetali

Most Functional E-Mail Client

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

I have never used another e-mail client, since I met Mailbird. I hope thats enough.

Pros

I have been reaching my e-mail account by Web browser for along time. I discover Mailbird and everything changed. Most functional e-mail client I have use ever. User interface is so simplificative. It has not so many buttons on UI like others. Interface not exhausting for eyes. Especially Ideal for intensive works. You can focus directly e-mail contents. Dark Theme and many extensions makes it more cool.

Cons

Twitter extension does not work and internal İnternet browser should be more functional.