Notion

4.7 (2,214)
Write a Review!
Project and task management tool

(2,214)

Cagri
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Managed the Transitioning to Notion and It Improved Our Productivity

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Notion helped us centralize project management, documentation, and knowledge base into a single place. Now we have a strong way of doing things and documenting the knowledge across teams.

Pros

Customizable databases and different views make it pretty easy to manage resources and documents. The new "projects" feature was something I had been looking forward to for months, and finally, we have it.

Cons

Some team members find it a bit difficult to start with. Getting the whole team to adapt using Notion took a while.

Confluence and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion already had project management features. We moved all the projects from Asana to Notion and ended our Asana subscription.

Asana

Intuitive User Interface and customizable features
Ian
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Major Flexibility

Reviewed on 10/07/2024

Pros

Notion offers the simplest tool possible for taking notes and documenting discussions, plans, etc. On top of this, you can essentially use Notion for anything you want if you're willing to spend the time to configure it appropriately. This flexibility comes with a degree of difficulty.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features seem not quite optimized and come with minor annoyances. For example, database views are not fully customizable and sometimes are difficult to use.

• Industry: Entertainment

Nobody does data and documents like Notion does.

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Notion is by far and away the best way I've found so far to work with data in documents. It starts from the concept of linked databases, and extends it from there to include structured documents. This has been very well implemented, allowing users to generate incredibly useful documents, by querying sets of data.

The Notion support team is engaged, informed and very helpful. I have had several insightful discusssions with them during feature requests.

Both the desktop and offline applications are smooth and usable, and have been improving continually.

Pros

- beautiful design
- databases inside documents
- Several useful templates for generating documents and databases
- well-considered layout constraints allowing you to focus on content
- easy to share content
- powerful and ergonomic syntax

Cons

- lack of option for visualising data
- no real offline mode

Coda , Basecamp and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Databases in documents. Only Coda seems to be able to do this, but Notion does it better.

Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The databases. We've long been searching for a way to keep data and documents in the same place, without plugins or extra costs. Notion does this extremely well and was an obvious choice, even to the point that we could ignore the current negative points. With time, we are confident that these features will be enabled, and at the moment, we are comfortable keeping our operational and business data in Notion.
Niccolo
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

A great tool with endless possibilities, but beware of integrations

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Great platform for startups. It does everything you need. Get ready to set it up properly, and you'll fly. Bad integration with Google Suite limits its potential.

Pros

Notion is an amazing product. It has endless possibilities and features that improve your efficiency and productivity. For you and all your team.
Although initially it's quite overwhelming, after a quick setup of pages it's very easy to use.
It can be your CRM, your Task Manager, your drive.. basically anything you want, you just have to get your hands on it and setup the pages. Great for everyday tasks too.

Cons

There's no big negative on Notion. The two main issues would be:
It does everything. LITERALLY Everything a team needs, so be prepared to "learn" how to use it. It's a lot, and initially it's quite daunting.
No integration with google docs, calendar etc. and in general Gsuite. This, for me, is the biggest drawback. an example: Task management, is only on notion, but if you want to assign a task to a specific slot on your Google calendar, you cant. This is a huge miss, which reduces the efficiency of the platform.

Jira and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Notion

the alternatives were too expensive. We had a Startup notion discount which was amazing.
Justin
  • Industry: Automotive

A Great Productivity Aid Tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

I utilize Notion for managing work projects and to-do lists, recording meeting notes, and maintaining a work journal. Notion has proven to be a significant aid in my work.

Pros

Notion is an extremely versatile tool. I'm always finding new ways to use it.

Cons

Notion can be a little confusing to use at first.

Alec
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great tool if all team members buy in

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Great. Once we were all using it on our team it replaced many modes of note taking, project managment and redundant processes.

Pros

Really great once configured for your teams use. A lot of customization options makes it a great tool if time investment for set up and planning is there.

Cons

Tough to get team to buy in to changing process.

Giacomo
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Notion, The Best way of personal and business Management

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

Pros

First of all, Notion provides a variety and elite quality of documents forms and additional features to apply. Moreover the app can help you track your personal goals and personal business. In addition, I really like that each document can incorporate multiple documents of different characteristics and get creative aspects too, like emojis and pictures to assign to a certain file, as it will be easy to recognise each file once they are all down the list

Cons

The only aspect that I find in Notion a disadvantage is that the complexity of the platform may be hard for some people that are not familiar with high-standard data processes.

Sasha
  • Industry: Hospitality

Notion Review

Reviewed on 25/05/2024

Pros

I like how everything was in one place and easily accessible. Also customisation is really easy within the project too, you basically start off with a blank canvas and can use only the parts that are useful for your project. I have even started to use it out of work as well for planning my holidays!

Cons

Initially, when I first started using it I found it quite tricky to use as I was not used to the nterface.

Savannah

DIY Task Management

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Pros

I love how customizable the platform is, and that users can onboard at no cost.

Cons

The platform is not intuitive - it requires several hours of learning to fully understand what this platform is capable of.

Liam
Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for storing any kind of intormation

Reviewed on 26/05/2024

Pros

Managing all my information in one tool has never been easier

Cons

There is probably too much you can do on this tool.

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Media Production

Project Manager for Life

Reviewed on 18/08/2021

I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

Pros

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

Cons

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Airtable and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Notion

From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.
Anastasia
Anastasia

A great platform with amazing features

Reviewed on 10/01/2022

I really enjoy working with notion. I think you can easily replace many different tools with just one product and have a better overview of all your projects within one platform. We use it mainly with G-Suite and Slack. It is one of our main tools and I would't want to miss it in my daily routine. I think it is an amazing tool for collaborating but also gathering and elaborating ideas.

Pros

I am a huge fan of notion. We use it company-wide as our intranet but also internally for project management, private and business notes as well as a collaboration tool in our marketing department.
It is really dynamic and flexible and allows you to integrate many other products like, Google Docs/ Drive, Slack etc. You can configure each page in various ways and adjust the format to your needs.
We also share it with our external coworkers and limit the sharing settings to singular pages or whole workspaces.
We use it cross-departmental and plan our Marketing sprints with it.

Cons

It has a lot of features which can very easily overwhelm you, when you start working with it. I recommend to have a handbook on how to use it and also setup some guidelines on the most important features to your company. There are still so many things, I do not know!

Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Industry: Insurance

I Run My Life with Notion

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

I absolutely love Notion. Since the first day I discovered it, it has been in integral part of my business and personal functions. There isn't anything I haven't been able to use Notion for, so far.

Pros

I use Notion as my Life Dashboard. It is the first thing I open in the morning, and it is open for the rest of the day. I use it for everything from trip planning to client records. I track my budget, my health, my tasks...everything.

Cons

It took me a while to get a grasp on linking databases and I do wish it was a little more "user friendly" and intuitive...but there are tutorials and plenty of templates and examples.

Trello

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I still like Trello but Notion has so many more functions and options for integrations.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Again, Notion just offers so much, I have yet to find anything that compares.
Dennis

A vital tool

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

The initial learning curve* is sooooooo worth it; I now manage just about everything through Notion. For me, it's the '2nd brain' that the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
bang on about (and with good reason) - I'm more organised, more productive and less stressed.

*Only to use it more extensively; if you just want an Evernote or OneNote alternative, it's as easy as they are)

Pros

Enables me to record, note and plan things in whatever way works best at the time, and then find it again, instantly!

Cons

As a new user, it takes a little planning to maximise some of its benefits; I needed to rethink the structure behind many things that had previously existed purely as notes.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

The database structure of Notion meant I could stop having to record the same things in multiple places.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Switching to Notion

More comprehensive and more flexible in other products we could link it to.
Jenny
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Pros

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

Cons

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

All in one Editor

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Pros

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

Cons

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Sublime Text , Confluence and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.

Notion, the digital brain tool that you need for your business !!

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

We had a very positive and joyful experience with Notion. I think when we started using Notion, it came out a little earlier than our small family company. We feel that we have grown with them, and I think that is a very amazing feeling. It's like they have followed very nearly their community and tried to listen as mush as possible and give them all the tools they need to grow. It means a lot. We know that financial gain is important but being capable of that but still being very present to the community is much harder, and they have succeeded that!Now, students, anyone has accessibility to use a powerful tool like this one. It's so cool ! I still use Notion for myself and my personal life. It makes everything easy-peasy !

Pros

I still like this kind of architect approach from Notion. They are the pioneers of this approach, and for that they have a very special place in our note-taking approach. I think it's because we feel understood as Business entrepreneurs that we need a white canvas to start, but with tools that will help us to build an organized library of knowledge and interactive libraries of knowledge and information.You can start very simple, but you can also make it more robust and complex and also, decide to reduce the complexity and go back to a simple structure.

Cons

I started to use Notion in 2018, and I saw the changes they made. I think in 2020, I tried to use other software, but I was still observing it from far. Furthermore, I was still using it for inventory, articles gathering, but that's it because I felt overwhelmed by the tools and feature they were adding.I think we got lost a little by the intensity of the features, but now, they went back to simplicity, and we can see it in the way they have presented their new recent features.

Whimsical

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It was only 2 of my team who made that change because we were doing try-outs, but it did not work at the end because it was missing a lot of features !

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion

We did not choose over Notion, but we did decide to use both of them at the same time, and that made a huge impact. It made us realize that we need a software for knowledge, data interaction and another one for graphs flow chart and visuals boards.So, combining these two, it made a big difference in our productivity and management !

Daily Use - Extremely Great For Documentation/Knowledge Base

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

It is a great product. We use it daily and it's our go-to tool for everyday use of reference or information storage.

Pros

Being able to centrally store, categorize, navigate, search and share knowledge base. It is extremely important to store documentation for both internal use and the client in my current working model.

Cons

The app is getting heavier and slower. What I like least about the product is that it is slows down considerably as more and more data or information are stored within. This is the main reason why I only store/share files with embedded links to my other cloud storage. This because even with just text, the user experience due to slowness is sometimes quite frustrating.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Lost of data on Evernote and was not able to bring them back. This was a long time ago, and I never turn back. As for MS OneNote, I still like it but Notion simply has a lot more user friendly functionality. But if Notion continue to be slow, I might just switch back to MS Note.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The many functionalities available on Notion compared to OneNote.
Sherryl

Notion just keeps getting better

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

Microsoft is trying to copy Notion via Loop, but I am a fierce loyalist and will not give up Notion for any competitor.

Pros

Notion product development is top notch. New highly usable features keep getting rolled out.

Cons

Although there’s a Notero work-around, I’d still like a Zotero seamless integration, please. Also, although embedded PDFs are very satisfactory, it will be amazing if users can annotate PDFs within Notion.

Olivia

My company's one stop resource

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Notion was very easy to set up and my team found the content and functionality very easy to adopt. It's the one place my team an find everything they need related to our business.

Pros

Notion is my company's internal source for everything, such as co-worker profiles, most used documents, task management, company handbook, work events, and payroll information.

Cons

As a non-tech, non-design person, I found it challenging to choose the right templates and set up the most user-friendly design for my team. There are pages I have built that do not get used because of how I have designed them.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

My company was growing and we needed something more robust than google sheets.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion had the ability to be customized better to our needs. The layout and functionality of Notion was more liked by my team.
Elliott
  • Industry: Music

The everything app

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my...

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.

I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page.

It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible.

You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page.

This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added!

In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Ziad
  • Industry: Design

"Notion makes the transition from unpolished notes to polished documents quick and efficient!"

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Overall and crucially, Notion makes it simple for team members who identify as "non-technical" to participate from various departments. It hasn't caused a stir way other "unintuitive" gadgets with a steep learning curve have.The backup option is comforting; it's not something you consider before you sign up, but you'll need it later if your data is even tangentially important to you.Support has typically been quite beneficial to me and my numerous questions throughout the years. Sometimes they'll confuse things by requesting extra information on a simple, obvious issue, but I know they're only doing it to find out more. Right, it's better to err on the side of overcommunication:

Pros

I was introduced to Notion by a coworker, and ever since I edited that tiny seedling of a first page, I've used it frequently, grown, and even produced the literary equivalent of several novels in it. It has combined aspects I've used in other programmes and improved on them greatly.In the past, I used to become annoyed at how badly my formatting was messed up by Google Docs, Zendesk, and other services. I could essentially clear up the debris by copying and pasting it into Notion. Additionally, a page supports live editing, thus there is no separate "publish" phase! (If necessary, you can always perform a "staging/test" on a different page.) Additionally, it's very simple to target shares or make pages public.Project management for task tracking (through card columns), thorough user documentation (and the process of translating it from internal external consumption), and concept presentation are some of the business uses of Notion that I have. At home, my wife and I also used it to draught and revise our wedding vows, document items in need of repair, and other things. In other words, there were moments when I was interacting with another tool before going — "Why, Notion is capable of that already! Use Notion only!" Keeping track of my musical productions with Notion is one of my favourite uses. I serialize them with annotations so I can see what's almost finished, what has to be delivered, and what I might just be messing about with.

Cons

I wish we could add more bespoke styling. I'm not talking insane custom colours, but solid background colours and text with precise RGB values would make a huge impact with matching branding. Though having everything integrated seems really basic, I am aware that there are third-party applications that seek to cover these demands and things like custom domain names.Additionally, as of my most recent check, there was no way to view the original IFRAMES code, which seems incredibly cumbersome because it requires me to store that code elsewhere (perhaps in a separate Notion page) or risk it being obscured. Anyone using widgets with special embed parameters, such as those from Bandcamp and SoundCloud, should be aware of this.But overall, Notion has been fantastic!

The All-in-One Tool for Organizing and Managing Your Work and Life

Reviewed on 11/01/2023

Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and versatile tool that can help users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. Its flexibility, collaboration features, and wide range of integrations make it a great choice for anyone looking to increase productivity and get a better handle on their information.

Pros

Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool that allows users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. It offers a wide range of features, including notes, tasks, wikis, and databases, that can be combined and customized to suit each user's specific needs.One of the key benefits of using Notion is its flexibility. It allows users to create custom pages, databases, and templates that can be used to organize and manage various types of information, such as notes, tasks, projects, and even personal information like finances. The wide range of features and ability to customize the layout to your needs make it a great tool for both personal and professional use.Another benefit of Notion is its collaboration features. It allows multiple users to access and edit the same page and database, making it easy for teams to work together on projects and shared information. Additionally, it has a feature called "Share" which lets user share a read-only version of pages or databases with people outside of your organization.Notion also integrates with a wide range of other apps and services, such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, and Evernote, that allows to import and export data seamlessly. It also has a feature called "Integration" which can connect to other apps to bring data into Notion, such as fetching data from a website, or a RSS feed, or even taking screenshots.

Cons

Nothing as of now as it has helped with so many easy features to use.

Carol
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The ultimate all-in-one tool for projects

Reviewed on 19/11/2023

Notion is a robust tool that's transformed how I handle my ideas and projects. The level of customization is unlike any other, and having an AI assistant at my fingertips is like a dream. Despite the initial learning hurdle and the consideration of cost for the full suite of features, I find Notion to be a like a swiss army knife and an indispensable asset in my work life.

Pros

- Flexibility: Customizing pages in Notion is a breeze, allowing me to organize everything just the way I like using different content blocks. I can just write plain text, attach images and files, and set up interlinked databases that I can view in multiple formats such as table, list, calendar, gallery, etc.

- Notion AI Assistant: A real time-saver that helps keep my productivity levels high since I can draft up proposals, project updates, and emails that would otherwise take me much longer writing from scratch.

- Template Gallery: Offers a good starting point for various projects and use cases.

- Seamless Integrations: Connects with other tools I use, simplifying my workflow.

Cons

- Steep Learning Curve: Initially, it can be daunting, and you really have to make sure that you don't fall into the trap of overly complicating your set up. You may end up trying to utilize too many of Notion's features that it becomes overwhelming to use.

- Cost Considerations: The free version is great for small personal use, but if you're using this for your business, you'll probably want to choose the paid plans, which is where the cost starts adding up with the per member pricing. The AI Assistant is an additional cost as well.