ScreenPal

Write a Review!
Capture, create and share with ScreenPal!

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.2/5

Benn
Benn
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Capture and record your screen in a fast way

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

This app is useful for people who study or who work constantly on a PC, with screencast I can sort all the screenshots and save it in the cloud, this way it is not saved on my hard drive, and it is more orderly to find them, it also has the option to share them on the main social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Screen o matic is a lightweight software and its interface is intuitive, it has a basic menu and is not loaded with many options that can confuse you.

Pros

it is excellent for making videos tutorial, I like that I can capture images of my screen and record everything I am doing, this is useful when you want to show someone on your team a procedure, it saves you time explaining over and over again, with screencast o matic you record them and share them with a link. I like how easy is to edit the videos created with its desktop version, in addition to video I use it to make screenshots, it is one of the few apps that I have tried that works for both PC, Android and iPhone, it is quite practical since in addition to doing screenshots I can edit the images, crop, or add text to them.

Cons

So far it has worked fine, and I have nothing against it.

Andre
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Explosive Video creation

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

I am quite satisfied

I am quite satisfied

Pros

ease of usage was extremely pleasant and I could do it over and over

Cons

editing is somewhat difficult sometimes particularly to gaue the cut off points

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to ScreenPal

easy to use and work with. plus storage is good along with pricing
Patricia
  • Industry: Online Media

Often doesn't work right

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

I didn't use to have problems, but lately it is hit or missive it will work.

I didn't use to have problems, but lately it is hit or missive it will work.

Pros

I did love the ease of ScreenPal to do recordings, but it so often freezes and I can't even exit it from my computer. Several times I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it is just a pain to have to continue to deal with this issue.

Cons

Doesn't want to function on a regular basis.

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Screen Pal is my best tool

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Great as I have been trying to learn some of the high dollar apps for editing and creating videos they are just so deep for a new user this is the very best ..

Pros

Just plain easy to use even and old fart like myself can figure it out

Cons

Have not found anything bad and there are still tools I have not yet tested

Kris

Highly intuitive and easy to use screen recording platform.

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

The platform is incredibly easy to use, very intuitive, and ideal for novices as well as those who are more familiar with screen recorders.

Pros

The price to upgrade and use the system's full array of features is quite modest and definitely worth it as the platform is incredibly easy to use.

Cons

The platform does not offer an option for a one-off payment for lifetime use of the product. Instead, if a user wants to benefit from the more advanced features that go beyond the free package, they will need to be an annual subscription.

Bandicam Screen Recorder

Reasons for Switching to ScreenPal

Screencast-O-Matic seemed to be a more versatile and reliable product.
Raymond
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

I prepare Power point slides and use the product to make videos of the slides, and add voice overs, and music to produce a range of advertisements.I also use the product to produce backing tracks for musicians, by utilizing the "Big Lyrics" feature in Band in a Box, and turn the tracks into videos showing the chord progressions and lyrics. At rge same time the program audio captures the backing music I have produced making a perfect backing track complete with audio, lyrics and chords that display at the correct time and right sequence

Pros

Its easy to use, and the resulting quality is of a good standard.

Cons

I can not think of any extras that I would want to utilize at this time

Nancy

Favourite Screenrecoder

Reviewed on 26/12/2021

Overall a robust value for money tool I use for video recording and screenwalkthroughs

Pros

I'v tried a few options, like Loom, Camtasia, SnagIt but eventuially settled for Screencastomatic because of the ease of use and short learning curve

Cons

It would be perfect if it had an optimised Greenscreen option. The current one doesn't work.

Felipe
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Really good video recording and editor

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

I have the app in my toolbars desktop and it doesn't take me more than one clic and adjusting the window to have my recordings ready to go

Pros

I use to record a lot of videos from the web to keep useful lessons and technical tutorials. This is the easiest way to do it, easy to install, easy to record and save and easy to edit it, make screenshots if needed

Cons

It{s sometimes difficult to avoid editing and trimming videos afterwards because is the recording screen is on the video you want to record and you can't clic easily to start the original video at the same time

Alyssa
  • Industry: Design

CHANGED MY LIFE

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Pros

ScreenPal offers a variety of tools that simplify my tasks. Without ScreenPal, I'd have to download numerous tools on my computer and struggle to find what I need. It's fast, easy to use, and I highly recommend it!

Cons

There are honestly no cons in my personal opinion.

MARCUS
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Rapid video generation for classroom support

Reviewed on 02/05/2021

I have used it for a few years to support my classrooms. I love the publish to youtube feature. But by far, the most useful tool to me is the narration option of cut or speed up silence. This feature allows me to complete lectures and software tutorials in a single take, click cut or speed up silence, and post a video very quickly.

Pros

The very simple interface. Extremely short learning curve.

Cons

Lacks chromebook support. The website says it supports Chromebooks, but the link to the app is dead. Have to suggest competitor WeVideo for Chromebook video content editing

Steven
  • Industry: Investment Management

Afford Fortune

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

I love Screen Pal, since the day I started using its services as from 2012. Video editing made easy with Screen Pals great product, helped me add daily video to my You Tube channel. Screen Pal is one awesome Video Editing platform.

Pros

Easy to use, with plenty of tools for making creative videos

Cons

And option to rotate the whole screen and perhaps a tool to be able to download existing videos from You Tube.

Screencast-O-Matic review by amateur QA

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Very satisfied, hope to see more from Screencast-O-Matic in the future and that it will get more tools for editing, so I can further enhance my recordings.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic is good Software, with whose use I was able to quickly record and edit some ( mainly ) short videos of encountered issues on Web Sites for one QA platform. Editing was very fair, nice, easy and fast as well and I was able to provide videos of high quality for my employer, who was very satisfied with the end result. I do hope that makers of this Software will continue their good work and even further upgrade it with some new options ( for further editing for instance ).

Cons

At the moment i do not have any negative thoughts about this product, as it was very good for my daily use and has provided me with the best result imaginable in that area of work.

Eduardo

My review of ScreenPal

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

It is very good. I started using the product many years ago (when it was Screencastomatic and have not left since.

Pros

E-learning: The ease with which I can create videos to train colleagues, present e-learning courses, provide useful guidance, introduce material, and the like.
Personal: The ease with which I can create family videos uploading video files and / or photos.
Adding music: I like the music offered by Screenpal.

Cons

I have not come across something I do not like.

Stephen

Disappointing

Reviewed on 03/04/2023

Terrible.

Terrible.

Pros

The application is very buggy and crashes all my pcs.

Cons

I was a user of Screencastomatic (the previous Brand) for 6 years. see below what they wrote next to my profile "You have been a member for 2244 days and have 810 videos and 0 images! Whoa!"In 6 years, Screencastomatic was very reliable. It never caused any issue on any of my computer.Recently they changed the name to Screenpal.Since then, the app keeps crashing my PCs. The app is unusable. It says that I failed to download the latest version but Nothing on my end seems to indicate that.Whomever bought the company screwed it up very fast.All they needed to do was to leave it alone. This is really a case of: If it ain't broke don't fix it.I am curretly looking for another solution.

Eric
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used for 2+ years

Lots of features for a low price

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

Overall, I've had nothing but positive experiences with this software. The price is affordable if you need the added premium features, but the quality is the same even on the free version!

Pros

You can go from download to recording in only a few minutes--there isn't a complex setup. Recording is quick and easy to do and the ability to store videos locally or online is great. The paid version is very affordable for anyone who needs the added features.

Cons

Some people would say that the lack of built-in editing features is a negative but that's not what you're paying for. Honestly, there really isn't much that I don't like about the program.

Antonio

A great tool

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

I have tried several tools and this is the best considering price, features and ease of use.

Pros

The learning curve is short, intuitive product with many features.

Cons

Sometimes when I upload content to YouTube, the video recording is not of good quality.

Suzanne

Video Editing made Easy!

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Excellent customer service and helped me so efficiently with a pricing query.

Excellent customer service and helped me so efficiently with a pricing query.

Pros

They’ve thought about all the features you might require to create great videos. Having the ability to add in music background and high quality photos is great for my content as a yoga teacher.

Cons

I’ve created my own in PowerPoint but I’d love to see Cue Card availability. When I first started using this I got very confused about the uploading video facility so I’d recommend you watch the very helpful tutorials or you record directly into the system.

Purvi

One of the best apps for screen recording and capturing the screenshots

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Pros

Very easy to install the app and capture videos and screenshots. It allows to edit the videos and provide shareable link. As a QA engineer, I can easily record the videos of the bugs and issues and share it with developers and team members.

Cons

Can be improved further for storing the recordings.

marcos
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good tool to record your screen

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

It's a tool I've been using for years to share videos of my screen at work. It's easy to use and fast. Since I bought it the first time it has almost doubled in price, but for now I'm still here.

Pros

Easy to use and very stable. With the subscription you get a repository where you can host your videos and share them easily and quickly.

Cons

Even if you choose the highest quality, the videos you upload to the repository have some loss of quality.

Lindsey

Overall, Good Product

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Pros

I can easily create videos for my students and staff. I like that I can edit and upload directly to YouTube.

Cons

Too often, I need to reinstall the plugin, which is time consuming.

Penelope

Best teaching tool I have

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

Pros

Easy to use, choice of outputs - youtube, MP4 etc

Cons

n/a

Millicent

My experience

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

I'm happy with the product and shared my experience withy colleagues who will also be using it

Pros

The product is easy to use, I like the fact that I can demonstrate functionalities of the system to the users

Cons

I can't seem to get the responders out of my SharePoint to comment and give feedback

Sedalia
Sedalia

Very User Friendly Video Recording Solution

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

If we include retakes, I've recorded hundreds of videos using Screencast-O-Matic. If you're considering it, just give it a try!

Pros

Ease of use and convenience are the first things that come to mind with Screencast-O-Matic. New users don't require any training - it's intuitive.

Cons

The video editing options could be improved.

Jorge

User Friendly and Quality Video

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

I would still recommend this software to anyone because it is a lifesaver for those who have not much experience editing videos

Pros

I loved how easy was to get the most out of this program without spending too much time trying to figure it out. The quality of the screencast is amazing and allows you to play with different tools to improve the design.

Cons

I wish the audio recording had more tools to make recording easier. I had to start over many times just because I could not insert some audio in the middle of a piece of recording

Royce
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It’s so simple

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Pros

It’s very easy to understand and use. I also like being able to trim before I save and upload

Cons

Sometimes the audio sounds kinda garbled like I was recording underwater, sadly I’ve lost so many videos due to this issue I stopped using my screen cast for a while.