Houzz Pro

Write a Review!
Business management software for contractors and architects

4.1/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.4/5

Jo
Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Alireza
  • Industry: Machinery

Houzz review

Reviewed on 22/06/2024

Pros

Project management and advertising and making invoices

Cons

The price and customer service that’s only things

Kevin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

BUYER BEWARE

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Pros

3D renderings were not bad
Had some options for furniture templates

Cons

I highly recommend against this app. Sure, there are a lot of “free trials” out there that make you put in a credit card number, and then you forget to cancel in time, and then they charge you. Be warned, this app will charge you $199 per month, and if you cancel even a minute after your renewal, they will stick to their terms and screw you out of your money even though you don’t want to use their service. I was unfortunately on vacation in Mexico at the time my trial was expiring so I missed it when it came through. I cancelled probably 7 or 8 hours after the renewal deadline when I finally saw it. Like I said, I would avoid this app like the plague. Also, besides the money scam, this app is so-so in terms of features. They are trying to create a “do everything” app, and the end result comes out weak.

Response from Houzz

Hi Kevin, please contact me so that we can make this right. We have a grace period that should have easily covered this.

Courtney

Way to Grow... with Houzz Pro!

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Genuinely no real complaints! I started with Houzz pro even before I had a formally established business and it allowed me to scale my operations with the vast resources it provides. I will always recommend it to others

Pros

The versatility of it is one that I often share with my colleagues. From the Room Scanner to the Scheduling. It really aims to be an end-to-end user product for managing a project full cycle.

Cons

That I have to purchase multiple seats for each user in my organization. I would like if it had the option to link items in my estimate to industry pricing or to connect with certain vendors or a pricing matrix such a Home Depot etc. Also there are times when I outsource my takeoff and estimating and i get my data back in excel - It would be great if Houzz was setup to parse the data from some columns so I can send the estimate from the Houzz platform.

Procore and Bolster

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I was already enrolled and satisfied with the service I was getting.
Marci

Reviewed on 05/06/2024

Pros

App capabilities are pretty consistent with the browser. The 3D models/phone measurement function is nice.

Cons

Setting up templates for estimates is difficult and the lack of contract options is frustrating. Admin capabilities to change/omit/include certain sections of the templates are too restrictive. Leads are mostly dead ends as we aren’t able to actually get in touch with them.

Sean

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Pros

Ease of use with the technology in the clip tool, pdf, and sending quotes.

Cons

It's glitchy sometimes, has some tools I'd like to be able to eliminate, no way to fully delete projects created on accident.

Tara

Interior design review

Reviewed on 21/06/2024

Easy to use when in and out of office I use the 3 D floor plan most

Easy to use when in and out of office I use the 3 D floor plan most

Pros

The 3d floor plan is easy to side to create floor plans and renderings

Cons

Have to call to get assistance if have issue And eveything links to website when sending to client Lots of advertisement

Response from Houzz

Hi Tara, thanks for your feedback. I'd love to see what you are seeing - nothing you send to a client links back to houzz.com, and we don't put any advertising in any documents. The entire experience is kept within your brand. Please do reach out so I can understand your experience, thanks! Liza - providing my email

Thomas
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

New user to the program

Reviewed on 27/06/2024

Pros

I like that the software has a digital take offs spot for when using a print when bidding a job.

Cons

I'm brand new too it so haven't really had a chance to use and figure out what I may least like about it.

Criss

Review as required

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Pros

Client sharing. Having them reference character pictures aids design

Cons

All these questions. I don’t like filling out forms.

Christina

Great Platform to display projects

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

This is my second experience with Houzz Pro. First with my own business and now with a new company that I am working for.

Pros

I like the ability for clients to see examples of our work and projects.
I also like that clients can direct connect

Cons

The price investment is a consideration

David

Houzz Pro fits the bill for this small homebuilding company

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

My overall experience with Houzz Pro is quite good. It is robust enough yet simple enough to work for this small contractor.

Pros

I like the timeline, the tasks section, the daily logs (super easy to use, including pictures - my clients are loving this). I am starting to use the budgeting and estimating side and I like it so far.

Cons

There are a few small hiccups with how information is communicated with subs and vendors, but I fully expect this to get better in the near future. Houzz is constantly adding new features. I don't like not being able to view the timelines on mobile devices. Add this functionality please!

BuildBook

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Buildertrend is a bloated product in my opinion with too many options and features and actually made my workflow more complicated, whereas Houzz Pro has simplified things for me. And also, Houzz Pro is much cheaper.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I chose Houzz Pro because I was already using their advertising and lead platform.
Justin

Houzz Pro To the Rescue

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Site Mangement. Since hiring a project manger I can see the pictures taken on site and it provides one place for communication between subs, team members, and clients.

Pros

The product is easy to use and for clients to maneuver. I get far less pushback from sub contractors with this software than with others I've used in the past.

Cons

At first I thought there was, but after some interaction with the Houzz Pro team, we were off to the races. As we get bigger, we may need to upgrade to program better suited for larger companies

CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Everyone hated using builder trend, cumbersome.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Initially price and after a product demos, it was pretty clear that Houzz Pro was going to work best for us.

Response from Houzz

Justin - thank you for the feedback. We continue to build out new features and functionality to serve larger firms, so please reach out to me as I'd love to hear what you would need to growth with us.

Molly

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

I am at a 50% right now. There are features that I love, and again, features that surprisingly are absent.

Pros

I've found the online chat feature on Houzz to be incredibly helpful. It's become my go-to whenever I have questions while browsing the platform.

Cons

Several features that I believe should be standard offerings are either absent or require cumbersome workarounds within the Houzz platform. Despite being assured that user feedback is integral to driving improvements, none of the suggestions I've provided have been implemented to date.

Response from Houzz

Hi Molly - we are constantly gathering input for new features and we add them based on the number of designers asking for them. I'd love to hear your list and share with you what on your list is coming soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out - Chloe

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

I am a fan of Houzz Pro Review! It has been very helpful to me and my business. The features, the functionality, and the ease of use. I've used several project management software programs and I cannot recommend Houzz Pro Review enough.

Pros

Houzz Pro Review has helped me streamline my small business, making proposals and invoicing simple.

Cons

Not a lot of help in the beginning. I asked for a walkthrough in setting up my account and was basically told to go look at training videos. I felt like they were all over me, hounding me when they thought I might use the software for website and marketing but when it turned out I only wanted the project management software the customer service fell off real quickly.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Hated the platform. Not user friendly. I didn't think the accounting was worth it.

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Other than studio designer, I looked at Monday again but I wasn't really all that impressed.

Response from Houzz

Hi Elizabeth - that's definitely not the onboarding experience we are looking to provide - please reach out to me so we can get you a training session ASAP. Chloe

Nicole
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for a small business.

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Notes from "Billing and Invoice" section on previous page: (I needed to delete these comments in order to continue to this page).

I like the option to create and use templates to customize my invoices. It's nice to add a logo, but once you add it, you have to replace it with another image. I wish there was an option to set the invoice due date to always be on the 1st of each month or 4 weeks from the day of the invoice being sent. I also feel it is redundant to have two due dates listed on the invoice. Currently, I have to toggle back to edit the invoice because the date didn't update. Once an invoice is sent, it would be nice to automatically return to the all invoices page.

Pros

Fantastic new layout!! I can see improvements have been made since I started with Houzz Pro.

Cons

The time keeping and invoicing needs to improve.

Anne Marie

Overall happy

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

Pros

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

Cons

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons?

-The Houzz Pro Team

Daniel

Landscape Designer & Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 03/10/2021

My overall satisfaction would be a 9 out of 10 rating. As I mentioned in my previous message about the "cons," with Houzz Pro unable to provide a client app is why I am only rating this a 9 out of 10. Other than this I am extremely satisfied for now with Houzz Pro. I am really curious to find out if there is anything on the IT side in hopes of a new app development coming out any time soon.

Pros

I love that everything you need from start to finish for my projects are all stored through the Houzz Pro dashboard. It doesn't matter how large or small the scale of my projects, Houzz Pro seems to have everything I need in order to properly manage projects.

Cons

I do wish there was an app feature for my clients to use. The homeowners that trust me to take on their large projects are extremely busy people as well, as some are CEOs and CFOs to large companies. The larger projects require way more management which requires way more communication between myself and my client. These extremely busy homeowners would benefit from an app for them to log in and see their dashboard, messages, documents directly from their phone or tablet with just a hit of their finger. This is the largest request I am receiving from my clients and I agree with them, that a homeowner app for houzz pro would be crucial in leveling up my customer satisfaction which ultimately will increase my overall satisfaction with Houzz Pro.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Daniel, thank you for your review and recommendation! We actually do have a dashboard that your clients can access on mobile! As they use it, we would love to hear your and their feedback on how we can improve it.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Marie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this.

It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better prospects and am wondering if I need to update my website, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thinks it's great. Should I not mention working within their budget? I am getting all the cheapskates it seems! i understand people are worried; so am I!!

I also just the other day, tried to make some verbal improvements but it didn't tell me I had run over the 2500 word limit until I finished it, and so it didn't save any of it. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and he told me to send what I wanted to write to him. Please look this over for me if you really want to help.I know Houzz keeps him pretty busy!

Could someone else look my website over and make some suggestions. ? I think a longer video with music would be better..the one you have put on there is too short. Please advise me on that.. But I can honestly say that I have investigated other companies and nothing compares to your Professional program!! Thanks so much for your dedication to be a truly professional place for us designers and decorators to have our websites! Marie Given

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!!

Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review.
Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Still space to improve

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

In my opinion, Houzz Pro software has been a mixed bag. While it offers valuable features for project management and the support is commendable, there are notable drawbacks. The software has encountered bugs and lacks essential design elements, causing frustration and a loss of trust. Lead generation has been subpar, with low-quality leads and unresponsiveness. The program's extensive capabilities are impressive, but the learning curve is steep. Overall, while there are positives, there is room for improvement in various areas to enhance the user experience.

Pros

Houzz Pro is an indispensable tool for our business, providing a comprehensive project-based software solution. Its wide range of features caters to our needs, including project selection, proposals, and seamless invoicing with clients. Moreover, the platform offers remarkable cost savings, as it delivers all these capabilities at a fraction of the cost, eliminating the hassle of converting funds to Canadian currency. One of the highlights is the Houzz Pro dashboard, which conveniently stores everything required for my projects, regardless of their scale. Additionally, the insightful analytics prove invaluable in tracking progress and identifying successful endeavors.

Cons

The learning curve may seem daunting, but the exceptional support provided makes it worthwhile. Don't let that discourage you from exploring the platform's immense value once everything is up and running smoothly. However, there are a few areas that could be improved. It would be beneficial to have the ability to edit or cancel items after issuing an invoice, and generating credit memos can be challenging. Additionally, it would be convenient if bank transfer payments were free of charge. The Houzz Pro software design program has some bugs and lacks key elements like stairs and fireplaces, which need fixing to regain trust. Customizing specific furniture pieces within the program would be a great addition.

Michael

Beware of predatory business practices

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone and would warn anyone interested in evaluating the trial to be very wary of the predatory business policies. They have no interest in providing any leniency to errors and will continue to bill you for up to 12 months after requesting a cancellation.

Pros

From a software perspective the platform seems fine. We evaluated it for use but decided not to proceed with a purchase. Unfortunately, due to an administrative oversight, we failed to cancel the free trial and have been being billed for the past 12 months for a product that we neither used, needed nor wanted. After attempting to contact the company - they refused to process any refund or cancel the subscription. So they continue to bill us. As a small business this is a non-trivial expense. Very unethical business practice.

Cons

Houzz pro has demonstrated deplorable & predatory business practices. While we respect their prerogative to adhere to every letter of their trial policy - we find their practice to be extremely unethical. After contacting them to inform them that there was an oversight in the cancellation of the subscription - they refused to stop billing us for the product, even though we never used it beyond the trial date. We are a small business and this is not a trivial expense. As a business, they certainly have the ability to practice ethically and cancel subscriptions in the cases of administrative oversight, given evidence that the product was never used beyond the trial date. Throwing their hands in the air and pointing to the policy as though they are powerless to do anything is extremely disappointing. Even if they kept the payments for the first few months of the oversight and then canceled the subscription, that would have been acceptable.

Response from Houzz

Michael - this is absolutely not the experience we want you to have - we are happy to make this right - please contact me - sending you my info - Chloe Siegmann

Kevin

All-In-One Sales Tool

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Houzz Pro is not BuilderTrend or it's competitors, it's not meant to be. What it is, is a great tool for the boutique, niche or small custom contractors who work in intimate teams and/or one-on-one with their clients to deliver value on high quality projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], NOT a project manager for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

I've used EVERY big name software you can think of and although they were very detailed and very useful for the purpose they were designed for none of them were a simple and effective all-in-one tool.

That's where Houzz Pro steps in!

The Houzz Pro package consists of: a website that's set-up for you, initially, but super easy to modify yourself or by reaching out to your dedicated support staff, a very simple CAD design tool to help bring vision to any project quickly, a mood board, a take-off tool that appears to be a light version of PlanSwift, an estimation tool and CRM. I have used ALL of these tools individually in the past, utilizing different companies for each, so to have them in one simple package is great! The strength of Houzz Pro is in it's simplicity and focus. It is not super detailed in any one of the features so it's best utilized, at this point in it's infancy, to engage clients and help the construction professional get a project's vision presented quickly. In a nutshell, it is a GREAT consultative sales tool. The CAD and mood board features also allow us to share the vision with our team of subcontractors very early on in the process. All of the Pro tools work seamlessly with the Houzz web profile and you can't beat the pricing for all of these features, especially considering that Houzz pretty much owns the higher-end client base on the web.

Cons

If you keep in context what the tool (is) and what it (isn't) then, I don't think there are any cons.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Kevin! We're glad to hear Houzz Pro has become the one-stop for all your needs!

-The Houzz Pro Team

Jennifer

Project Management for Ordering Items

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

Overall it was easy to impliment and easy to use. We don't use all the functionality it has but some things don't fit exactly what we need anyways.

Pros

I like having a visual image attached to each item going onto our invoices and proposals. They are easy to create, easy to apply payments and convert proposals to invoices.

Cons

Creating room boards so they are more like visual mood boards. We use a totally different software for this feature since this one isn't as user friendly. I dislike that you can't move items around within the proposals. If you forget something and you want to group it on a room with other things, you have to delete everything til you get where you want it to go and then add it all back in again.

Response from Houzz

Hi Jennifer, thanks very much for the feedback. We've just launched our new Room Planner feature that has everything you're looking for. You can learn more about it in our help center or feel free to email me.

Nic
  • Industry: Design

A do all, umbrella for Interior Projects I couldn't be without.

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

It's really helped me with my business. I couldn't be without it.
I love how helpful the staff...

It's really helped me with my business. I couldn't be without it.
I love how helpful the staff have been with my feedback too, everytime I have suggested what they could do better they have acted straight away and in a short time frame, the feature arrives making the software better and better for Designers. I love it.

Pros

I like the functionality and the features being all in once place. I like the sync to quickbooks, the project planning tool and the proposal and selections board tool. I love that I can show Client's how we are on or over the planned budget, and they can clearly see why. We can work collaboratively more effectively. The Client Dashboard is incredibly useful too.

Cons

It can be sluggish sometimes, and sometimes freezes for a bit which is frustrating when you are trying to work quickly. I would love more integrations as I don't expect the software to be brilliant at everything. It can be difficult for Client's to access their Dashboard without regularly sending them the link.

Mary Anne
  • Industry: Design

Not the same Houzz it use to be

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

we do not have a need for all the additional services as we already have an established business with a website and email already set up, as well as an invoicing system, calendar, etc. especially since not a lot of our clients are from houzz. When this was strictly a platform to showcase your work for potential projects, we received many projects from direct messages. But since everything changed years ago, we continue to struggle to actually get any response from anyone.

Pros

This was a great place to showcase projects to gain potential clients

Cons

Ever since the first changes were made, when they started to prompt potential clients with a survey asking them about their project, we quite receiving direct messages. We stopped getting people seeking us out because they saw our profile and wanted us specifically. Instead, they are now inundated with multiple calls from all the designers who received the potential project, which I'm sure is frustrating on their part. Many times (most) when we call those potential clients, we never even get an answer. We leave a message, we follow up with an email through Houzz, and almost never hear from any of them. The ones we do actually get to speak with again, usually don't go anywhere, and those few that actually meet with us, end because they do not have a realistic budget (or not the budget they suggested they have on their survey). We use to receive multiple high end whole home projects, but recently the only projects we get are single room, or just accessories.

Sarah

Doesn't fit our current business model

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Our purpose in using Houzz Pro was to bring in quality leads. That was the only function we desired to use it for, bringing us leads that fit our business model. Our hope was that Houzz Pro would filter out leads that weren't a good fit, and connect us with people who were a good fit. That's two separate objectives, and Houzz Pro isn't meeting either of those. Most of the leads we get are not looking to hire at all, or they aren't looking to hire a company like ours. They're looking to hire directly, not work with a general contractor.

Pros

Houzz Pro has a good look and is constantly updating it's capabilities.

Cons

Some of the newer features are more about Houzz doing something, than creating a product that connects quality leads with professionals. They make a lot of noise and do a lot of things, but no one really benefits. Concierge services, especially has been very unhelpful. Also, they way Houzz Pro redesigned it's format is not as user friendly for our objectives.

Response from Houzz

Hi Sarah-

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can improve your experience.

The Houzz Team