Cisco AnyConnect Reviews

Cisco AnyConnect

Write a Review!
Virtual private network (VPN) to secure remote access

4.6/5

Nachiket
Nachiket
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Cisco AnyConnect - Best Remote Connection software for Corporates

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

My overall experience with Cisco AnyConnect has been really good. I use it daily to connect with the company's private networks to access sensitive data which is not accessible through usual networks. As a part of the Product team at ZS, we deploy certain applications on production servers that cannot be accessed without connecting with the company VPN. Cisco AnyConnect has great auto-connection capabilities in case one of the available WiFI connections faces an issue.

Pros

The best thing I like about Cisco AnyConnect is that it can connect with all available company VPN networks in minimal time using available network connections. The icon is embedded in the taskbar and requires only the VPN network name, username, and password to connect with the VPN network. Also, Wifi for ZS is routed through Cisco AnyConnect. So in case there are two saved networks active at a time with the VPN on, and the network currently linked becomes inactive due to unforeseen circumstances, CIsco AnyConnect automatically connects with the other network and re-establishes the connection to the VPN. This is all without any manual interference, and is simple great!

Cons

There are minimal issues with Cisco AnyConnect. Sometimes, it does not recognize the presence of mobile networks and there is no way to establish a WiFi connection without restarting the system and hoping that it works fine. This becomes a major roadblock, especially in times of urgent client meetings where virtual presence is mandatory.

Burim
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The best VPN solution our Company ever had!

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

My experience with Cisco AnyConnect is absolutely positive. If you want a product that is extremely efficient, stable and does the job it's meant for perfectly but at the same time it is easy to deploy than Cisco AnyConnect is the product for you. I highly recommend it for any company regardless of size.

Pros

I am in charge of deploying Cisco AnyConnect to all workstations we manage including the deployment of updates for it. Current version we use is: 4.10.07061. AnyConnect is the most stable, functional and easy to manage VPN solution we ever had the pleasure of using. Mass-deployment is easy and straightforward, and responsiveness of the app is fast and efficient even on our low-end computers.

Cons

Cisco AnyConnect is an amazing product; it is hard to find something that I don't like about it. But if I had to nitpick, troubleshooting Cisco AnyConnect installation is not as easy as one may think. We had a case a while back when we upgraded from an older version of Cisco AnyConnect to a newer one which caused issues with authentication for some of our clients because the technology that the new version supported was not supported by our (outdated) Routers. It wasn't really Cisco's fault just thought to mention it so that others may take it into account if facing a similar situation.

Ok when it works

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Cisco AnyConnect does what it's supposed to do - gets you connected to your VPN so that you can work remotely. It's not a fancy software, but it's efficient as long as it's not dropping your connection.

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect has made it possible for my company to easily transition to WFH during this unprecedented pandemic. While we've used AnyConnect for a long time, it's being very widely and frequently used at this point. AnyConnect is relatively simple to use - connect to your local wifi and then connect to the VPN. It's pretty foolproof to actually getting logged in.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is unique to my company, but there's recently (within the last 6-8 months) been a change where AnyConnect needs to be reset/re-connected every 24 hours. While this is a small inconvenience, it's still annoying. I used to be able to stay connected to the VPN without limit. I've also experienced more frequent dropped connections as of late.

Maha
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnect: An Efficient and Secure VPN Client

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Very good experience from a performance and security perspective. Would recommend this VPN client for secure and efficient establishment of VPN tunnels.

Pros

We use Cisco AnyConnect to create secure encrypted tunnels to the Mason VPN server when off-campus. We benchmarked the security and performance of Cisco AnyConnect and it was really interesting its use of DTLS (Datagram Transport Layer Security) which relies on UDP to provide more efficient VPN tunneling by avoiding the complex TCP 3-way handshaking schemes. This is a great strategy in the cases when the underlying connections are already using TCP/TLS which avoids another expensive VPN TLS on top of the already existing TLS connection.

Cons

Adding exception routes to divert traffic from using the VPN is not flexible to configure in Cisco AnyConnect. You need to do it within the OS using the add route command.

Bruno
Bruno

Best and most stable VPN solution I've used so far

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

My experience with AnyConnect has been great and it really helped me a lot during this period when I'm working from home, but I need to be connected to the company's secure network to be able to access the internal tools.
I can work from anywhere, needing only an available wifi network and my laptop.
With just 1 click I am already in a secure connection and with access to all the internal tools I need.
Another extremely high quality software developed by Cisco.

Pros

AnyConnect is a very easy to use application.
Its configuration and usability are simple due to the clean and intuitive interface.
I can connect with the security of an encrypted connection from any internet network with just 1 click.
The application does not disconnect easily, which allows you to work smoothly and without connection problems.

Cons

I can't see any weaknesses from the user's point of view.
If I had to point out something, it would be about the very few times that the application disconnected during use and did not issue any alerts, however this has only happened to me 1 time so far.

Pippa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Protects our systems & your data!

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Pros

This became integral as we moved to work from home and I have been highly impressed by the speed at which it works and how it securely locks unauthorised users out of sensitive information/programs if they are not connected to the VPN.

Cons

Integrating this system was not the simplest process for everyone, as the authentication program/process did not work fully with all phones and if the authentication device is lost or broken, it can be difficult to transfer.

Masih

An Easy Use VPN

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

I am trutly satisfied because it is very stable.

I am trutly satisfied because it is very stable.

Pros

I used it because Internet is banned in Iran. I used it daily and i must confess it is very easy to use. All you need to do is setting up your username and server and then just one click you are ready to enjoy free internet.

Cons

Every time i had to enter my password in order to connect it on my iphone

Omkar
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Cisco any connect-best for remote employees

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Cisco any connect best used for secure connection to the office network remotely. People can easily access file and tools without being afraid of data stealing and it is also blocking unknown user traffic.

Pros

Cisco Anyconnect is tool used for remote connection of the office over the office network to access the office application securely and blocking unknown traffic and threats.

Cons

Iblike its brst secure connection to the office network, evry employee can connect to the office network remotely and use the office tools and application in a secure manner with the help of vpn connection .

It just works - intuitive, bulletproof & dependable

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

I use it daily and it simply works, as expected, all the time. Never a glitch or any issues.

Pros

Simple interface, intuitive to use and easy for first time users. It has enough functionality without being complex. Most of all it simply works day in day out.

Cons

Nothing. Everything works well and there is nothing I could fault. I wish all software worked this well.

Haythum

Cisco AnyConnect review

Reviewed on 30/07/2023

Great software and Cisco products are my preferred solutions in Networking

Great software and Cisco products are my preferred solutions in Networking

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect offers robust security measures to protect data and ensure secure connectionsCompatibility with various operating systems, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and AndroidThe software enables secure remote access to corporate networks

Cons

The software is providing slow performance on old devices that lead to upgrade customers devices and it's additional cost to deploy this software

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

A VPN Client That Just Works

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Cisco AnyConnect has provided our users with an easy solution for securely connecting to the corporate LAN. I've found that Cisco's TAC group has also done a good job of supporting the product on the rare occasion when an issue does pop up. Overall, this is the perfect solution for our company: you're hardly aware that the product is even running and the support of the application by Cisco has given us nothing but confidence with its use within an enterprise environment.

Pros

I've used the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client over the last 10 years while also managing AnyConnect client-to-site configurations on ASAs. Both as a user and administrator, the product is straight-forward: through a few easy and well-documented steps, the VPN configuration is created leaving the client to simply login via the GUI which will provide them with the appropriate release and version of AnyConnect for their OS. Whether they're on a Mac, PC, or their mobile device, the process and use of AnyConnect to access our corporate network is easy and transparent for the non-technical user which means less time spent teaching and troubleshooting.

Cons

Around a year ago, I worked with users and also personally experienced issues following a Windows update. Cisco TAC was able to work with us on changes to the .xml profile and get us up and running. 99% of the time, the product works fine. On the rare occasion that there are issues, more meaningful error messages would aid in determining root cause.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reliable service to connect remotely

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Great software, secure, and takes seconds to login and access your network.

Great software, secure, and takes seconds to login and access your network.

Pros

We use Cisco AnyConnect to connect securely to our server while working remotely from home. It is so easy to connect using their Duo Mobile app and software on your computer. Takes a matter of seconds with your log-in information and a generated confirmation code from your mobile app to type in on your computer cisco software log-in.

Cons

Honestly nothing bad to say about this software. Perhaps there are more features to Cisco AnyConnect, but in regard to security and connecting remotely, it is so simple and easy.

Miguel
Miguel

Easy software to download and install, extremely functional when securing private information

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

I work mostly from home and this software is very easy to use, to download and install. Also, it is secure and has a stable connection. It is suitable for all type of companies especially those that have remote workers. The software gives you a secure connection to work remotely and protect the privacy of the company which should be the main priority of organizations. I strongly recommend this software to companies that are starting out and want to maintain a a secure connection.

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis to protect my organization's private and sensitive information. I work in the healthcare industry and it is highly important to protect the patient's information. One of the features that I strongly believe helps protect the organization's sensitive information is the two factor authentication when connecting to the company's VPN, making it more secure and protecting the privacy of the company and the patients as well .

Cons

I strongly believe that the software does a fantastic job at protecting the security and privacy of organizations especially when working from home. However, I do feel that login in into the software and connecting to the company's VPN can be very tedious since it has crashed several times during my time frame using the software. Also, I do feel that the software makes my work computer work a little bit slower than usual, maybe this can be improve and optimize.

Richard
  • Industry: Government Administration

Using Cisco Any Connect

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

This application is used every day, with just a few clicks.

This application is used every day, with just a few clicks.

Pros

This software is very easy to use with only a few clicks. I log in to work using VPN on a daily basis. I usually work from home, but I have used Cisco Any Connect when having difficulty with our network at work. There is some setup involved to enter the VPN, but that is relatively easy the first time using the application. I have also added additional VPN addresses which is also very easy. The current setup at work has multiple VPNs to choose from on a dropdown list.
The application is also easy for support to check and is easy for the user to check as well

Cons

Not this software but having to sign in every day. The current "clock" is set for 15 hours so there is basically no interruption.
If I am unable to connect to the VPN, I do not know if it is a specific connection to that site, or a problem with my Internet connection

Brian
Brian

Easy to misconfigure

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

It has a ton of features to do whatever we need and is generally a very solid product

Cons

Make sure to test/verify your configurations as it is very easy to allow unintentional access when using the dynamic access policies. The client certificate requirement settings are a bit unintuitive as well.

It is also very frustrating the ASDM client is essentially required to make changes some of the settings such as the DAP policies. The umbrella DNS client built into the AnyConnect mobility client often causes issues requiring restarts of the local system's wifi or even a reboot.

Evan
Evan

A very nice and easy way to connect to my companies VPN

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

-I like Cisco AnyConnect's small footprint. it only uses the screen real estate that is needed.
-It provides multiple VPNs for me to connect to. If the east coast VPN is down, I can try the west cost VPN.
- it shows me the my ip address which is a nice feature
- it has a drop down of local wireless and wired networks that I can use to connect to the VPN, along with the signal strenght of each wireless network which is very handy.
- It just works, I never really have any problems getting onto my VPN which is the most important featur in my book

Cons

- it kicks me off after 24 hours, I'm not sure if this is cisco limitation, or a company restriction, but it would be nice if i could stay connected forever.
-rarely despite entering all the correct credentials i still can't access the VPN, but I think this is a company issue instead of a cisco issue

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Automatic setup makes for a smooth user experience

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Pros

On the user side, the user-experience is extremely simple: once the client is installed, just enter the VPN server's URL, a username, and a password. Details are saved so that subsequent connections are even simpler, only having to type the password.

This is in contrast with configuration steps for other VPN software that I had to deal with in the past: getting the right port, picking the security protocol, entering a "shared secret", etc. Several pages of instruction are replaced by just a few words.

Connection is fast, and I haven't noticed any effect on bandwidth.

Cons

The AnyConnect client must be installed on all devices that will connect, which could be an issue if some platforms are not supported. However, all mainstream devices have an easy-to-use client.

This ease of use comes at the price of a software license (paid by the service administrators, not the users). When Open Source solutions such as OpenVPN are available, this could be a major drawback.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Simple and powerful VPN tool

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

It's a great and powerful tool for VPN in a professional environment.

It's a great and powerful tool for VPN in a professional environment.

Pros

I have been using AnyConnect since I started working remotely due to the pandemic in March of 2020. I never have had any issues with it. It is fast, the UI is simple and straight-forward. It just works. It works with DUO 2-factor authentication which is great.

Cons

For my case specifically, I have to re-connect every 24 hours, which can be a little annoying because I tend to leave my work computer on during the work week so I don't have to re-open everything where I left off. If I get disconnected from the VPN, it will exit out of all of my windows explorer windows so I have to be aware of that before I stop working for the day that I don't forget any windows I left open.

• Industry: Hospitality

CISCO VPN Review

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

With CISCO VPN i am able to RDP into my workplace servers and start working on my daily tasks, there is no connection lag with CISCO VPN, i am able to get things done at my own pace, I highly recommend users to use CISCO vpn if they need a VPN for workplace environment

Pros

CISCO vpn Allows me to connect right away without any issues; i havent had any problems with CISCO VPN; the connection is great except for a few cases, But CISCO vpn features i like is the easy to use, enter in credentials and am into the network, CISCO vpn does not utilize much ram space when running, its free to use accross most platforms.

Cons

when i try to access CISCO VPN it does not connect right away that is because my PC is always on sleep mode i rarely every shut it down, but once in a while CISCO VPN force me to re-start me PC in order to use the VPN

Arunabho
  • Industry: Computer Networking

A much needed app for working from home

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

Great

Great

Pros

Once set up, it can connect to your office network at startup automatically and unlike vpn services, it doesnt toggle speeds.

Cons

Configuring the settings might be overwhelming with all the technicalities and no easy to use guide, but once its set up, its definitely well worth it.

Joshua

This product does an excellent job of connecting me to my work's WI-FI network.

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Pros

What I like about this product is that it is a very "hands-free" product. What I mean by this, is that AnyConnect once installed and set up on one's PC basically does not require much tweaking or adjusting or essentially much manipulation when it is being used. It stores networks in its memory along with security details and connects automatically and quickly to those networks and only prompts the use when there are no recognized network connections available.

Cons

What I like least is the way that it disables the default network connection software. Sometimes when there is a network issue or a network connection issue, the computers standard network software is the best tool to use to troubleshoot network errors. With AnyConnect, it essentially hi-jacks any capabilities the computer's native network software has which in turn does not allow for troubleshooting unless Anyconnect is explicitly disabled. I would like to see this product work a bit more smoothly with a computer's native software and network settings, or at least for more popular operating systems such as those by Apple and Microsoft.

Simple, Stable and Powerful VPN Software

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

The overall experience has been satisfactory for Cisco AnyConnect. There are not much issues apart from the internet speed drop. If your internet speed is good enough, the VPN software will work like a charm.

Pros

It is a very good VPN software. The connectivity speed is also good. You can securely connect to any of the VPN options available. It works very well when you have a closed organization network and want to connect to the company resources. AnyConnect provides various functionalities to connect to the internal network securely. The interface is also very simple and easy to use. It also does not take much resources of your system.

Cons

The most common issue about Anyconnect is the Network speed drop. The speed of your internet connection will drop significantly once you connect to the VPN. Apart from this there are not much issues. You need to have a good internet connection in order to use AnyConnect.

devaun

Defacto standard for VPN works nearly flawlessly

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

just works. always, anytime, every time.

just works. always, anytime, every time.

Pros

Compared to other Mac VPN packages I've used, AnyConnect is so easy. As a user, you can connect anywhere to get your work done. AnyConnect has never crashed, and is so reliable even if the internet connection is not. I rely on AnyConnect to get my work done and I truly appreciate not needing to drive into the office. I can leave work on time, and finish up in the evening after kids are in bed.

Cons

On VERY unreliable internet connections, AnyConnect will give the impression you are still connected when the connection has indeed gone done. It will sometimes be able to auto -reconnect your VPN, but not always. In those cases, you need to close and restart once you stabilize your wifi. (Move closer, etc.)

Rowena Joy
Rowena Joy
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Cisco Anyconnect - Highly secure and easy to use

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

With Cisco Anyconnect , we can work remotely. We don't need to go to the office to perform our duties. It is very easy to use and has excellent security. Wity cisco anyconnect it maintain the continuity of our work remotely.

Pros

Cisoc Anyconnect provides simple , secure and fast way to establish a VPN Connection to our company's private network while we are working from home. It offers stable and reliable VPN connection for us to access our company's resources in a secure connection.

Cons

Cisco Anyconnect really works well , I have not experience any kind of inconvenience. This means that I have a stable internet connection as it contributed the good performance of the software.

Jack

Secure VPN Software

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

It's a very secure solution if configured correctly. I would recommend it to high security businesses.

Pros

Being a financial institution, security is our number one concern. We implement 2 factor authentication with Cisco AnyConnect and it works very well. I have full control over the protocols and ciphers used. Typically once a user understands how to work the software, it works well.

Cons

Certificate based authentication can be tricky, it isn't as intuitive as a Microsoft RAS VPN or DirectAccess which are built into Windows. It does have a feature that allows you to log on to the VPN before logging into Windows, though if you use 2FA software on the PC you can't access it. And you'd have to type in your credentials twice to get into windows.