LearnDash

4.3/5
4.7/5

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Pros

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features
1. Drag and drop course builder
7. Discussion forums
8. Course points
9. Leaderboard
10. Assignments
We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Cons

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

Lynn
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good Online Course Plugin for WordPress

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

Pros

This plugin was relatively easy to use and setup and works well with WPML.

Cons

It requires an additional plugin to be able to copy or clone courses, lessons, and topics.

Aimee
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

User Experience is Dated, Not worth time investment

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

I spent about 20 hours installing this plug-in and trying to set it up in WordPress before I stopped and decided to go with Teachable, which is another LMS platform. I was paying $30 a month for LearnDash but it’s not at all worth $30 a month. The support was poor and the user experience felt like the plug-in itself hadn’t been updated in a very long time. If I was using it for free I would’ve thought it would’ve been worth it, but to pay monthly for it is not worth the amount of time and energy that it took me to set up basic functions .

Pros

The reason I purchased the software was because it integrated with WordPress. I had already built my courses on WordPress and I wanted to add additional features like tracking my students and providing a central hub where all my students courses would be available and providing them with a progress bar to help them have a more visual way to progress through their courses.

Cons

This is really not a software it’s a WordPress plug-in. I use multiple word plus plug-ins that are excellent. This WordPress plug-in is not worth the money. The amount of work that requires you to do just to get your course set up is enormous. I already had my courses fully developed and it was not easy to install the plug-in and have the features that they promised.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

I originally chose LearnDash because it was a plug-in for WordPress. I thought that would allow me to do less work and keep the word press courses that are already set up. I ended up choosing teachable in the end because my experience trying to set up LearnDash showed me that it was nowhere comparable to the functionality of Teachable which was the same exact price .
christina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love the support

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Untill now I am satisfied

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference.

I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Gitte
  • Industry: Hospitality

Top 3 Learning Management Systems

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

This is perfect for small businesses that offer specialized training for purchase.

Pros

I like that I can clone my courses and integrate them with many different apps. The participants of my course have found the interface easy to navigate.

Cons

Being a senior, the learning curve took some time to overcome and was frustrating at times but it has a lot of possibilities if you have technical knowledge.

Teachable, Moodle, Tutor LMS, Masterstudy LMS and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

After a lot of research, it seemed to be the most reputable LMS app on the market, compared to using an LMS platform like thinkific.
Andrea

A great tool!

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

Pros

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

Cons

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

Moodle and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

General reviews, the Black Friday offer and a friend who already used it who talked to me about it
Breda

Very good LMS software

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Corporate elearning, seems good for online courses, easy to integrate video, quizzes etc.

Pros

The Learndash is user friendly once you get to grips with the structure of courses, lessons and topics. If you are familiar with wordpress you'll find adding content easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you start out, I would like if there was a membership built in rather than having to get a separate plugin.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Seemed to have a nicer interface for setting it up.
Frederique
  • Industry: Design

An excellent platform to add your own courses into your own website

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

Design and communication courses, helping entrepreneurs to learn how to grow your business (through a better communication approach)

Pros

Simple, easy to use, very well documentated

Cons

none, really don't know, found every thing I need

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Want to host my own courses

Podia

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Hosting, dealing all as I want, owing my courses
Vaughan

Clean install and easy to use

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Had a problem with my license install and they fixed in within a couple hours. I was impressed with the speed of response.

Pros

It has lots of features/add-ons available, there was a live demo that you could test and view before purchase, no issues with conflicting plug-ins on the demo, lots of video documentation to show you how to use the software.

Cons

I'm still just learning how to use it but it could have nicer templates maybe out of the gate for a quicker course start.

Elliott

This is my recommended LMS for my customers

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

The fact I recommend this LMS says it all—a great product and add-ons. Don't hesitate if you are researching/deciding on an LMS for WordPress.

Pros

LearnDash is my go-to choice of LMS for my WordPress customers. One customer in particular had a complex set of requirements, of which LearnDash was able to deliver. With some customisation and add-ons, we have a fantastic LMS solution. Even out of the box, for simpler solutions this product rocks.

The LearnDash support team are amazing, especially Shalom, who has been incredible support. Support teams make or break a product after sales.

Cons

Once you understand the Groups/Users assignment hierarchy ( especially for UI shortcodes ) you are rolling. That element took some head-scratching, but, with great support ( see above ) it's all clear.

Jay

Learndash is a great LMS

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

I use Learndash for all my LMS websites. Learndash offers a great amount of features that allow me to customize the website to my clients and my needs.

Pros

The features and functionality of the Learndash is outstanding.

Cons

The learning curve is a little steep but once you start to figure things out it becomes easier.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Ease of use and functionality.

The cost and features
Ederson
  • Industry: Design

Excellent platform for online course

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

Overall, LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms I've seen.

It has all the options...

Overall, LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms I've seen.

It has all the options that an academy, university, institute, school may need to give their Online courses.

I don't think there is another more complete option to give online courses.

Pros

If you need to create a website that allow you to teach people, then LearnDash is the best solution. I found LearnDash and liked how it had all the features that I needed in order to make this happen. The support team was always there to help me figure out anything I didn't understand, which is why they are so valuable.

It's one of the best and most affordable online learning platforms I have ever come across. I am able to create courses, upload videos, assign quizzes, and keep track of the progress in a single dashboard.

Something very important about this platform is that it allows students to learn at their own pace.

Cons

What LearnDash needs to improve is its design of the courses, the part that the student sees, in my case I have to use other templates to improve the visualization.

Something that I don't know because they haven't implemented is an APP to be able to take the courses from the cell phone.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

LearnDash is more complete than LearnPress.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Because LearnDash is more complete.
Surya
Surya

Best LMS for WordPress!

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

My favorite feature is that I can self-host LearnDash on my website, which allows me to use my own URL and save money. It also allows me to select whatever theme builder to use with it, giving me complete control over how my landing and other associated pages appear with no scripting.

Pros

Lessons and courses can be easily created and managed using LearnDash. The best aspect is that it can be completely integrated with the current WordPress site. They also have nice documentation to help you through it. You may even customize them with your preferred page builder, such as Elementor.

Cons

Enrolling several students in a course is difficult, and I have yet to discover a LearnDash plugin that does it properly. Some areas might be difficult to customize the way you desire.

Tutor LMS

WP Courseware and Masterstudy LMS
Mike

Membership and Course Management

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

Generally speaking, the documentation is excellent, the customer support has been very positive and helpful, and it's been a good experience.

Pros

Honestly, after banging my head against a wall trying desperately to Frankenstein other options together, I finally broke down and bought LearnDash and wish I had done so sooner. It solved a LOT of stressful issues oof how to create courses online, membership management, and the whole process of putting a system in place that works and doing so in a fairly straightforward way.

Cons

I absolutely hate WordPress. Every time I fix one issue, the solution causes two more. I spend more time building my site and working on it than I do actually creating content. So my only complaint about this software is that I have to use it on Wordpress.

Roisin Anne
Roisin Anne

Great LMS tool with even better support!

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

LearnDash LMS plug-in was a no-brainer for us. I had actually used it as an end user personally and when my company were looking at investing in an LMS tool, I inspected the code of the tool I had used previously and found out that it was LearnDash. It was an easy sell to decision makers as I had such a great experience from an end user point of view. Since using LearnDash as an admin it has been pretty plain sailing.

Pros

It's easy for non-web dev users to be able to create content and for some of the more tricky parts of the implementation, the LearnDash support team have been excellent. So responsive and always willing to help out. If I could give the support team 20 out 10 I would!

Cons

I think when I began using LearnDash, it wasn't too feature-heavy and there were definitely some things missing that would have been nice. However, 1.5 years down the line the team are rolling out features regularly and making their product more feature-rich.

LearnDash has nearly made my career

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

LearnDash has been so useful in my "day job" that I've leveraged my course design into a "side hustle". I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

I looked at other options, explored Moodle extensively. All our sites are built in WordPress, so I had a fair bit of familiarity - so when I discovered LearnDash, I was excited to try it. This is the exact plugin I needed to solve my compliance and training problems. They keep upgrading its core functionality, I've found other plugins to extend its features, and their support team is very helpful when I make stupid mistakes.

Cons

One would really benefit from a solid understanding of WordPress to make the best use of LearnDash.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

WordPress integration and ease of use.
Rick
Rick

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Pros

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research.

For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously.

But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however.

The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy.

But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support.

Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

Cons

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

LocallyHost.com LearnDash Review

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Relatively easy integration and administration especially being used with Buddyboss.

Pros

Gamification to quizzes and progress tracking - This addresses the main motivation and needs for us to consider an LMS

Cons

The limited licences pricing structure - Learndash LMS licences structure does not include an option for unlimited website licenses. This would have been a wonderful value for us.

David

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Pros

What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Cons

No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Design

A premier option for LMS development. Has all of the features you would expect.

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Pros

What is not to like about this? Multi-tier courses, classes, teacher interaction, and a handful of gateways to round out this system. There are really too many features to list, and most of them are rounded really nicely. Customer support is quick and easy to work with, the cost isn't prohibitive as this LMS supports creating large projects, and the features feel like fully-realized and integrated aspects of a complete software, not just bolted on options on a lesser-thought-out plugin.

Cons

We ran into a compatibility issue with our event software. It ended up breaking the software, and we had to axe the event system we had put in place because we wanted to use this LMS over others. We also ran into a problem where we couldn't create a class online to register with, and then host the classes offline, manually entering a grade and pass/fail for in-person testing very well. Our specific use-case ended up being the one that this software couldn't handle.

Mohan Lal
Mohan Lal

My favorite plugin for Creating Courses on a Wordpress Site

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

We used learned with Memberium+Keap, and overall things turned out pretty easy to manage. So if we talk about my opinion, as long as you are sure about hosting courses on a Wordpress Install, go for LearnDash.

Pros

like how easy it is to create & manage courses with LearnDash. Apart from this, I like various features Learndash provides, including:
1. Course Certificates (this helps in automatic Certification creation, so you don't have to do it manually for each user)
2. Quizzes (this helps in making sure that users are actually learning things, and this also helps in making things a bit interactive).
3. Drip Lessons (this helps in making lessons available on certain timeframes)

We started using LearnDash with Memberium+IFS, which still works best for us (If we talk about creating & managing courses on a Wordpress Install)

Cons

1. Initial Setup requires you to hire a Developer, as showing courses as you want would require coding & stuff

2. Software Pricing

Pierre

Excellent LMS with excellent support

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

After losing my time with a LMS theme for wordpress, cheap but full of bugs (and still not working properly to this day), I decided to give a chance to LearnDash. In three months, I set up my elearning platform without problem and sell my first course.
I had no problems with LearnDash, and the support even helped me with compatibility with other plugins. The support is always quick and very serious in the investigation of a problem. The documentation is very complete and the Facebook group is very helpful.

Pros

I'm using Learndash with WooCommerce and Cartflows. Perfect integration. Seamless integration also with Elementor, I customized my entire site easily. LearnDash plays very well with other major plugins. That's perfect.
The support is very good and quick to answer to any questions. Nevertheless, I didn't have much problems with LearnDash. And when I had, it was because of other plugins. But the support even helped me to find a solution.
In term of learning, it's very easy to construct courses and to sell them. I love the focus mode and the ProPanel. I can't wait to see what will be next !

Cons

There are not a lot of things I don't like about LearnDash. Maybe I would like to have more native functions of customization. But that's not much. The entire experience as a creator and as a user is very good.

Natalya

Learndash is exceptional for our online school

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Learndash brought an incredible experience to our school, with the freedom to have our own online school and be able to customize it the way we wanted.
The support is really good, super fast and they guide very well about anything.
We've taken our courses a step further with a platform within our website. Everything was much more integrated and the way we wanted.

Pros

I really liked how it works to upload classes and the platform in general. Everything worked very well easy to post and is separated by course, insert users to assemble the course.

Cons

I was a little more confused when it came to customizing some internal parts, but the support was exceptional helping me with everything I needed.

Bruno

We run all our courses on Learndash

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Positive. We run all our Elearning courses on Learndash.

Positive. We run all our Elearning courses on Learndash.

Pros

The reason for our choice of Learndash software was to build our own LMS platform, without any coding and now we run on it all our courses, short and long. Easily and without great problems.

Cons

- Reporting could be improved a lot. In France, we need a lot of it for legal reasons. At the end of a course, we need to export a complete and individual report for each student.
Pdf export of such a document would be a great improvement for all French training organizations .
- Impossible to send easily an email to all or a group of students ... Or didn't I find the way to do it ?

Amira

LearnDash is an obligation in E-learning

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

My experience with LearnDash is one of a kind. As a tutor, this software has been of great help to me. It lets me control how I want my course to look, share my lessons with multiple classes, integrate with almost all systems, and make the learning process fun. Although LearnDash needs development in some areas, it is still the best software I used throughout my teaching journey. Nowadays, such softwares are very necessary in E-learning field; for that, I highly recommend LearnDash.

Pros

* LearnDash allows me to style my course the way I want it. * It integrates well with WordPress. * It provides the opportunity to sell courses online. * There are great sharing options. * LearnDash is easy to install and use

Cons

* The need for installing some plugins is a bit annoying. * Customization is a bit hard in some areas.* The need for add-ons to better the software functionality.