TaxDome

4.7 (2,425)
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(2,425)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5

Jennifer

Worth the learning curve

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

TaxDome is worth the learning curve. It is going to be very powerful in my business. Even if I don't use every feature they offer, the ones I'm already using have already made the switch worth it.

Pros

Having a very secure signature feature was the biggest thing. I also like the chat function that includes giving the clients tasks and a to-do list.

Cons

There is absolutely a learning curve. I have not done the white glove onboarding yet, so they may help with that, but I am a tech savvy person who loves to learn new software, and I have not found the layout intuitive.

I also wish there was a way to do more scheduled sends/uploads. But my clients will just learn that I sometimes work very odd hours (even if I won't respond to their emails at those times)

Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Dubsado does not have a secure signature feature and no audit trail. I am not convinced that a contract signed there would hold up in a court if something went wrong.

Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I wanted to have a secure way to receive signatures and the other products I looked at did not have secure signatures

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jennifer, your feedback is valuable to us.

Our suggestion is to definitely book onboarding sessions with our specialists as they could certainly help speed up the learning process.

Our support is completely free and unlimited, and you can book a training session whenever you want simply by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Accounting

Tax Dome helped us handle enough business to get our own office

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Our overall experience with TD has been fantastic. We were able to triple our business within the first year of us using it.

Pros

There were three accountants (partners) when we first started this business and we were working out of bedrooms and coffee shops. The only reason that was happening was because we spent 70% of our time just tracking our servicing progress for each client under each different partner. Once we found Tax Dome and moved our client success processes from Trello, Clickup, excel, and other management softwares, we were able to handle significantly more clients with this time. Our absolute favorite feature is pipeline's and being able to automate engagement letters, send invoices, and organizers to collect data.

Cons

Features I least like that are within TaxDome is the inbox+ and template (& tag) management. Inbox+ won't show the correct preview text for a notification- meaning a notification would pop up saying a client messaged us, however, the notification was triggered because I myself sent a response message. And for notifications that are actually from clients messaging us will never be properly previewed in inbox+.

Template (& tag) management can be greatly improved. When I first started using TD, I created templates for EVERYTHING. Now I use perhaps half of them yet I have not deleted the ones that are not in use simply because I do not know what templates are actually being used in a pipeline.

Externally from TaxDome, my least favorite part of it is its inability to integrate with other software such as Zapier, google sheets, and more.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jeffrey. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy that TaxDome made the whole process easier for you and your partners. The pipelines save a lot of time and effort so that you can focus on new clients.
As for the notifications, you should receive notifications only for new messages and replies from clients, and the team members will get notifications for replies from the firm owner, but there should be no notifications for your own replies.
Please reach out to our support team so that they can check on this.
For the other parts you dislike, I would like to refer you to the Feature Request Board that we have for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. We would appreciate if you could share your ideas on how to improve.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to do so.

Dennis

Accountant

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

The overall experience is good so far

Pros

Document management was excellent I really like how easy it is.

Cons

Software needs to integrate with calendars such as outlook

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Dennis. We appreciate your feedback.

We have an integration where you can actually embed your Calendly, Bookmeknow, Schedulista, or Acuity calendar. At the moment we do not integrate with Outlook.
However, we would like to inform you that we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted.

Please have a look here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/sync-to-personal-calendars-google-outlook-yahoo-etc and feel free to upvote.

Since your rating was not that well, we would appreciate if you could share with us what we can improve on, so that you would be happier with the software.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know.

Brandon
  • Industry: Accounting

Automation, Billing, Communications, Invoicing and Docs under one roof!

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Pros

Working with automations has relieved a lot of work in our practice.

Cons

When we review docs to work, we rename them. We previously used the browser but it was taking too long to rename, click save and move forward to the next.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

It was a new product and my business partner chose it.

Canopy and Liscio

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I switched with TD because of the onboarding feature to pull clients off my website.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
You have the ability to preview docs and by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner to access the pop-up menu that allows you to edit them. To learn more about managing your documents, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/233-how-to-edit-download-print-filter-documents#2

Ryan

The Solution for our Firm

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

This is very much what I expected. Offering all pieces of a tax practice management software and the custom-nature creates a steep learning curve for effective usage of this tool. That being said, the other options for practice management solutions were not all-inclusive and more expensive! If you are running a small accounting or tax practice and feel like you are always being reactive to projects and deadlines this can be your solution. Be prepared to spend multiple weeks on the setup but its worth it!

Pros

The inclusion of many different pieces of our practice is an excellent feature of Taxdome. Managing all aspects of our operation from onboarding new clients all the way to the recurring monthly projects and everything in-between has been a nightmare before Taxdome. We are excited about this upcoming tax season and how efficient this software will make everything!

Cons

The setup process is time consuming. Learning the terminology and how all of the pieces fit together eats up all of the free trial. It is very customizable which means there isn't much in the way of a standard setup.

Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The user interface of OfficeTools was clunky and outdated. We were looking for a solution to automate our repetitive tasks and processes and handle everything on one platform. OfficeTools did not do that very well

OfficeTools

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Additional features for less cost. A very similar look and user interface as well

Response from TaxDome

Hello Ryan
Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!
Since TaxDome is an all-in-one software that has hundreds of features, it may take some time to learn about all of them, but we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible. We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session, so our representatives can walk you through and assist with the setup. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.
Please let us know whenever you have questions or need assistance.

Anthony
  • Industry: Accounting

It was a good move from the alternative

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Overall, lots of offers of help, seems much more comprehensive compared to the last document software we were using.

Pros

Process management, documents bulk processing. Communications and alerts.

Cons

None customizable filter columns for accounts. No integration with tax software. Contacts from accounts are a little buggy creating duplicate contacts every time we add a customized field and fill in the data. It allows you to merge them, but still a little annoying. Bulk uploading is a long process and the software can be a little slow.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Anthony. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As for the integration with tax software, once you have downloaded the TaxDome desktop app, you can print and scan documents directly from your tax software to TaxDome. Please have a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/164-taxdome-windows-application

There is a reported issue of duplicating contacts after editing any account segment. This bug will be resolved soon.
The slow upload depends on the size of the documents/folders you are trying to upload. Using the desktop app will be more convenient and much faster.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to help.

Brian

Great Tax Firm CRM

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

Pros

I love that you can automate emails and customer invoicing. I also love that you can find help videos for nearly any topic.

Cons

My existing client list import wasn't quite as clean as I had hoped, but nearly all the data was retained. It might be a user error.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
Our import tool allows you to transfer client accounts and contact data to TaxDome at the same time, so you can quickly start working from your portal. Although you can create new contacts and accounts manually, uploading a CSV file is a much faster way to transfer your data to TaxDome.
To learn more, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/122-import
If you need help with re-importing your client list, please reach out via chat, email, or book a screen share session by clicking the ''Blue Help Icon (?) > 1:1 Training'' on the upper right corner of your TaxDome Portal. Support is free and unlimited.

Tamela
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sold after the free trial

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

I have solved my business' problem of sending sensitive information securely.

Pros

I was looking for a secure way to send documents back and forth with my clients and TaxDome was the solution.

Cons

I felt like figuring out how to load documents that required signatures was not clear so I did not take advantage of that feature during the trial.

DocuSign and Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was recommended by my tax preparation software. I'd like to streamline this process as much as possible.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Tamela. We appreciate your feedback.

During the trial period, you can schedule sessions so that we can assist you, and explain the features. Since TaxDome has many different features that may be difficult to understand we offer free and unlimited support, and screen-sharing sessions so that our representatives can walk you through the software and answer all your questions.

If there is anything we can assist you with please let us know.

Joe

TaxDome

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Been great so far and support is amazing. Thy honestly to love to hear from you and are always willing to go beyond just solving the problem you called about. This was lacking with my old provider.

Pros

I love client portal and reminders that come with it. Tasks that you can give your client with reminders are greate

Cons

Messaging doesn't have an off button. I see this to be a problem during tax season and question our ability to be able to handle answering silly questions that client would not bother to sit down and type an email to us or call us.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Service was horrible and the client portal and the website is an old and out of date.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Ease of use. Watched Youtube vedio and Taxdome seem better.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Joe. Your feedback is valuable to us.

At the moment, we don't have such a possibility. But we would like to inform you that we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. Please feel free to submit a request for disabling the chat feature.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

• Industry: Accounting

An excellent and easy to use tool with step-by-step transitions to simplify everything

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

I am able to combine my CRM and my customer portal into one single useful and easy to use tool.

Pros

I always worry that changing from one set of software to another is going to be a stressful and painful experience. That wasn't the case with TaxDome. The guided tours through the videos made everything simple.

Cons

I wish PayPal payments could be accepted.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Chris. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly. Our dedicated team works on updating the tutorials and videos every day. We are glad that it was helpful.

As for the PayPal request, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where new requests can be submitted and existing requests upvoted. Please have a look here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/integrate-with-other-payment-processor-paypal-and-square

If there is anything you need assistance with, or have questions, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Jacob
  • Industry: Accounting

Better than I thought it would be

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Having an almost all-in-one platform to manage the firm (clients, tasks, and team) has made running a firm easier and less stressful. The automated workflows ensure tasks and clients do not slip through the cracks. Having a client chat/message feature allows everyone working on the account to be on the same page- no more searching through different team member emails- it's all in there, in the Dome.

Pros

We like the organizer customization and the almost all-in-one platform.

Cons

Recurring autopay is not yet available but is promised to come in Q4 2022 and the name. We do a lot more than income taxes.

SmartVault, 17hats, ClickUp, Karbon, Asana and Pixie

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We needed a better client collection method, and the organizer feature won us over (and the promise of recurring autoplay).

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome had the most features we needed in one platform: from client communications to info and document collection, to workflow management, to KBA signatures, to the client portal, and the versatility/customization of the platform in general.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jacob. We appreciate your kind feedback.
We are more than glad to hear that you like our software. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Austin

Great features, great price

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

The interface is a little confusing for me, but I think that will not be the case when I have everything up and running the way I want.

I also think if you get permissions set up right for your staff, their interface would be simpler

Pros

Before I got licensed, I was using Canopy. When I rebranded my business, I decided to rebuild my tech stack from the ground up.

TaxDome comes in at about 1/3 of the price of Canopy for me (I didn't even have all their features), and it has more functionality. The workflow interface is a Kanban-style board that lets you visualize where products are, and I find it much easier to review that Canopy, where they are just all lumped together as "tasks".

Cons

TaxDome takes a LONG time to get setup . . . but that's because there are so many great features, and it is to your advantage to use them all together. Be prepared to invest significant time crafting your templates, building your organizers, and planning your workflows ("pipelines" in TaxDome).

However, if you do take the time to set these up (there is an online course that walks you through it, and they offer a video-conference onboarding session) I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Austin, your feedback is valuable to us. Feel free to reach out to us through chat, email or book a screen share session by clicking the ''Blue Help Icon (?) > 1:1 Training'' on the upper right corner of your TaxDome Portal. Support is free and unlimited.

Lloyd

Reasonably Priced and Tremendous Power

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Pros

The workflow management tools are far superior to other software we used and the customer support team is excellent.

Cons

I consider myself well-versed in software and found that TaxDome was a bit overwhelming at first due to some nomenclature barriers: e.g. contacts vs. accounts; pipelines vs. jobs vs. tasks and the related templates. The UI is also a bit clunky and a bit dated.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lloyd. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that, due to the numerous features we have, our software can be overwhelming at the beginning. To make it as easy as possible for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support.

If you need assistance with anything, you can reach us via chat and email or schedule screen-sharing sessions so that we can walk you through the setup and features. We also have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Youtube channel with tutorials, and TaxDome Academy with different courses.

As for the document loss in Canopy, we have no such issues in TaxDome. The TaxDome drive is virtual, and you can access all the documents as long as you are logged to the desktop app and have a connection. You also can access the documents directly from the drive and edit them, without going through the download-edit-upload process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Tyler

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Catherine

This Is A Game Changer Software For Accountants and Tax Preparers

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

It is a wonderful software. But it was a challenge learning the software. Not that it was difficult, but that there are so many options and things to learn in order to use the software to its full potential. I honestly don't think, in our office, we are utilizing it fully yet.

Pros

The most impactful part of this software is hard to say. There are so many parts of this software that makes it truly stand out from other software.

1. They are up to making ONGOING improvements to the software. They have an area called "Feature Requests" and everyone who uses their software can document a request they would like to have. Then everyone can review those feature requests and vote up the request if they think it is valuable. The more up-votes the more likely we will see that feature be incorporated into the software. Oh, and we get emails on the new features. We have gotten numerous changes and improvements because of those feature requests. The Tax Dome team really is outstanding for listening and implementing what their customers want. In May alone there were over 25+ new features!

2. I have to absolutely mention that this software allows for seasonal employees. That was HUGE for us! We have an additional 7 individual tax preparers during tax season that in only for tax season.

3. The automatic message reminders to clients, that will remind them again and again until they get you the information you request.

4. You can create your own custom templates to exactly fit your business needs.
I could list more, but you would be reading all day.

Cons

Yes, it is a Pro and a Con. We found there were changes being made to the software during tax season that made it very hard to deal with.
They should only fix the bugs during tax season unless it was something that makes the change an immediate necessity.

I personally don't like the kanban setup. I would like to see the option of an asana or jetpack setup instead. To have that option would be huge. Now that I think of it, I'm going to add that as a feature request. Lol.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Catherine. Your detailed feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy that you like our Feature Request Board. Our subscribers' satisfaction is crucial to us, and we love when we get requests first-hand from our customers. There are always great ideas, and we can see which features are the most requested ones, and take a step toward development and implementation.

Since we are very excited about every update, we can't wait to share it with our subscribers. Thank you for letting us know that the timing is not always perfect. We will take this into consideration.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anythng, please let us know.

Miata

Best Practice Management for Accountants

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Pros

The in-app document management, file storage, and client portal features make client collaboration simple.

Cons

I'd like to be able to start a new timer from the task itself or the app header menu. Syncing stripe invoices and subscriptions with contacts based on their email address. Adding an email address to an account record.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We needed a solution that provided a client portal, had excellent project and task management for internal users, and allowed us to add custom fields for contact and account records unique to our business.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We have tested a few other platforms but each lacked a key feature we were seeking. We also were not interested in running two platforms at the same time.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the review, Miata. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Our team is constantly working on new features, and updates. We also have a Feature Request Board for our paid subscribers where feature requests can be made, and requests other firms made can be upvoted. The requests with the most upvotes get prioritized.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Have a great day.

Christina
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Pros

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Cons

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Dale

Great for small practices

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Pros

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Cons

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook and SuiteDash

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Shabbir
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

Pros

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

Cons

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Canopy Software, Liscio and Karbon

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

oralia

excellence

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pros

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Cons

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Canopy Software

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Lynn

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Pros

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Cons

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Lynnorra

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Braddock

Great Value for all the Features

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

Pros

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

Cons

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Melissa
  • Industry: Accounting

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

Pros

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

Cons

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Melissa. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The setup can take some time, but to cut the time you would have to spend, you can always book an onboarding session, so that our team can assist you, and provide further explanations if needed.

For the to-do list and calendar, there already are feature requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote the ones you would like to have. Naturally, we can not develop all requested features, only the feature requests with the most votes get on our roadmap.

Taylor

The Software We Knew, Gone

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Pros

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Cons

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.