Adobe Audition Reviews

Adobe Audition

Write a Review!
Audio editing software for accelerating production workflows

4.3/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

Nuno
Nuno
  • Industry: Animation

It's the program I use for audio editing and recording.

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

It's a good program for complex and simple audio editing, being easily incorporated with other Adobe programs.

Pros

I use it mainly because of it's integration with the other Adobe apps, Premiere Pro and After Effects. It's easy to create tracks and record audio in a multi-track composition. It's good for complex and simple projects.

Cons

It's price is a Cons. Audacity it's also a great product and it's free. I don't use it in super complex project so I don't know which is beast, but I know both are good, while one it's paid and the other it's free.

Manase
  • Industry: Music

Adobe is king at muisc production... Trust me you don't want to miss

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

It's a great software for basic music production and for beginner level... You can still achieve pro work with adobe audition too.

Pros

Low latency in Live mode for podcast and the easy multitrack layout. The tools are just amazingly easy to understand. The mixer section has good send functionality.

Cons

Nothing except the display design. I feel more should be done on giving a pleasing design rather look.

Ali
  • Industry: Computer Networking

A light digital audio workstation - good for simple projects and lots of free sound effects.

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Adobe Audition is fine for simpler use cases - for adding sound effects to podcasts and vlogs or simple videos, it's a perfectly good choice. And it's huge library of sounds is very much appreciated.

However, for any in depth audio creation or sound composition, it is easily outclassed by most other audio workstations, including Logic Pro, FL and Cubase.

Pros

What I like most about Adobe Audition is its genuinely vast library of royalty-free sound effects, which can be easily acquired and dragged/dropped into an audio project. What also helps is that all of these sound effects that are freely available to use are high quality - something very rarely found in such a simple manner. Often free sound effects vary greatly in quality, so it is great to have so many good quality samples ready to go.

Cons

There are a couple of issues with Adobe Audition. Firstly, because of the sheer amount of good quality useable samples, it can actually be a problem taking the time to sift through them and find which one is most appropriate - merely a problem of having too many options, which isn't a bad problem to have, but it can slow down the process.

Secondly, Audition is fairly restricted in its usability. For simpler audio projects (such as adding in a few sound effects to a pre-recorded track - perhaps a podcast or vlog) it is perfectly acceptable, but for any kind of composition or detailed audio creation, it appears to be lacking in features that other audio workstations have as standard. Logic Pro would be a superior choice, but it comes with a bigger price tag.

Ryan
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

Not What it Used to Be

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

If I had one word to describe today's Adobe Audition, it would be "Disappointing." Thanks for stripping it down and increasing my workload and overhead.

Pros

The integration of Adobe products has improved workflow. I like moving seamlessly in and out of Premiere Pro.

Cons

Adobe's habit of dropping key features like dynamic EQ or pitch correction has left us with a bare bones UI that requires too many expensive plug-ins to make it useful.

Logic Pro

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

I use Audition because of the workflow integration with Premiere. But I am preparing to switch to Logic Pro and Final Cut. This means that I'll have to eat humble pie with all the friends whom I told to stick with Audition and Premiere two years ago.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

my experience in audition

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

My experience with the program initially helped me a lot in making a lot of soundtracks differently for a lot of different projects. There are many tools and effects that I can easily control and influence the audio clip and make it a professional audio clip.

Pros

From my point of view, this program is very useful because it has powerful tools that help create your audio clip in a very powerful way. It is capable of cutting and installing audio and removing noise from any audio clip, as well as adding many distinctive effects and manipulating them however you like, which makes the audio clip very professionally for any project Whether it is located in a movie, a game, or anything else.

Cons

From my point of view, the program interface seems difficult because it is designed in a confusing way for the user at the beginning of use. Secondly, the program is expensive for some people

Ghazal
Ghazal

Adobe Audition is Great for Audio Recording

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

It plays a major role in my earning. I live for doing voice-overs and Adobe Audition has been a great help. I'm a radio jockey and I often need to record my voice and send it to the production team. I have set up Adobe Audition with my Yeti microphone and I can easily record anytime. There are only a couple of times that I faced trouble but mostly it was my own fault...not a very tech-savvy person. lol.

Pros

It helps me record professional voiceovers for Tv and radio. I have done a lot of audio work in Audition. Be it a Vo for ads, documentaries, or other promotional campaigns, Adobe Audition provides excellent support. You can record the audio, do noise reduction and sometimes you also need to manipulate your voice for a given situation. I like the telephone effect on my voice that I have used many times. Other than that, I also use other effects to make my voice bassy and sound cooler.

Cons

The audio hardware controls are complicated. I had a hard time figuring out the line-in and setting up my microphone. There should be some automatic way to connect external devices to Adobe Audition.

Hothifa
Hothifa
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Me experience with Adobe Audition

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

I do not think that there are negative things in this program or missing something important because it is actually a professional program for everyone who wants to produce a wonderful work

Pros

What I liked and really impressed me the most is the artificial intelligence that distinguishes this program in many features such as mixing sounds, mastering and sound recording, which brings you the work in the way you want and that you wish without requiring a lot of training to use it

Craig
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Great audio editing software

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Pros

The ease of linking between the adobe software suite makes editing a breeze

Cons

The cost of the adobe all in package makes it costly for what we need

Ayoub

My best recording Instrument

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Easy prouduction makes work better

Easy prouduction makes work better

Pros

Ilike it because helps me to in proudction its basic and fast

Cons

Buggs i hate when its cruch sometimes waste my time

Kasun
Kasun
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best audio editing software

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

When it comes to the overall picture this is a nice and powerful audio editing software which is easy to use and worth.

Pros

Adobe audition is a nice software for audio editing and mixing works from basic to advanced range. It provides single channel editor for specific editing of the tracks and also the multitrack session for audio combining and mixing.

Cons

Vocal removal facility is not so powerful in adobe audition. It would be better if they can develop it to an advanced level.

John

Great software for a more experienced user

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

Adobe Audition is a great software for people who have prior experience with audio/video editing. it has all the features you could need! The price isn't the cheapest but you get what you pay for and in the end Adobe Audition is worth the price tag

Pros

Adobe audition has so many features others like audacity doesn't have. It allows you to do so much more with your audio files. There's almost an endless amount of edit tools and effects. I did enjoy how much freedom i had and how much detail could go into my voice-overs!

Cons

The price can be a bit much and I should also mention that this software is not for beginners you defiantly need to come in with some sort of base understanding of how to edit audio/video files. It can be very overwhelming for anyone just starting out plus I feel learning with a free program is better so you know what things you are looking for in a software that you pay for.

Sarah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My personal experience with Adobe audition.

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Overall, my experience with the software is very satisfying in handling my voiceover recordings and editing it . It is my first option in comparison to other software related to audio, though I believe I have-not used the software to its full potential. My use to its options is very limited in comparison to its potential.

Pros

For me, the strongest part about the software is it's easy to import several tracks, mix and match, add effects, background music,..etc. and at the end export one track. It is simply very easy to handle several tracks all at the same time.

Cons

There are no severe cons to the software. On the contrary, the software is full of options and very rich that makes it somehow complicated to use. I believe (me) having experience in other montaging software and a user other adobe software made it easy for me to use adobe audition, though I believe I still have not used the software to its full potential, there is yet a lot to discover ...What stops me, that I need some time and instructional videos to know more about sound engineering to use the software to its full potential.

Conclusion: The software can be a little bit difficult to people who are not familiar with other adobe- software as well as sound engineering details (as it is full of options and menus).

Room for improvement: Explain in detail how to use the software to full potential in sound engineering.

Matt
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Top Tier Asset for Audio Production

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Adobe Audition has taken me leaps and bounds beyond what I knew was possible to edit audio & video audio. What would have taken me hours to do manually with trial and error, under the proper settings reduces that time to minutes. The ability to remember and create presets for specific projects and workflows now saves me so much time as I support our areas with their audio needs as well as allows a one-person team to still offer creative elements within a possible timeframe.

Pros

In my context, I mainly use Adobe Audition to process audio from video for final projects. I would say one of the best tools I utilize has been the remix function for our context of needing to create a backing track to a specific file. Audition is incredible in that you can choose your needed length and it will remix the file to +/- 5 seconds - this has been huge in our production flow. Previously I would have to manually find cuts and paste and work for 15-20 minutes which now is handled in under 30 seconds!

Cons

There was a large learning curve, because the software is so robust. At first it was overwhelming - I knew it was capable of but often did not know the terms for specific settings. I would not fully say this is a negative, but rather an opportunity to be aware for those who do not have a background in audio. It can be challenging to find the setting buried in the list of options.

Forrest
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Do It!

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

If I have any issues I go to the Adobe website faqs or Youtube for advice.

If I have any issues I go to the Adobe website faqs or Youtube for advice.

Pros

Adobe Audition is the premiere audio editing software. From expert to the beginner it allows you to use it to do simple editing to complicated multi-layered tracks.

Cons

The cost can be a bit high when your first learning but it will pay off as you become more of an expert.

Audacity
Anjimari

Long Time Adobe User

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

Overall, my experience with Adobe Audition has been very pleasant, and I will continue to use this software going forward. I believe it helps with the quality, and quantity of the amount of projects I produce weekly.

Pros

I am a long-time Adobe user. However, I am new to using Adobe Audition. In the market for VoiceOver software, I was looking for software that mainly focuses on audio recording, editing, and mastering. I discovered Adobe Audition. I use this software frequently in my business. I have used Adobe Audition for VoiceOver narration, audiobooks, commercials, and podcasts. I am a huge fan of Adobe's product ecosystem, and how well they work together.

Cons

Converting files over from the previous software to Adobe Addition was a little bit of a challenge. However, the learning curve was not too difficult to overcome.

Zach
Zach
  • Industry: Media Production

Powerful Audio Editing for Pros!!

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Audition is powerful, versatile, and delivers professional grade quality. It has a variety of features that are native to the program, but also has a vast array of plugins available that only enhance the process. Plus, the ability to dynamically link edited audio assets directly into our video timelines in Premiere is invaluable to our workflow. Pair this with Adobe's world-class customer support, and this program is our company's no-brainer, go-to choice for Audio Editing software. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Cons

The only downside to Audition is the learning curve for interacting with its many many tools. However, if one is at least vaguely familiar with the Adobe family, this will lessen the learning curve some since it is a member of the Adobe Creative Suite Family.

Chineke

Best Audio Manipilator

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

I use Audition to edit audios I use in my project works, both for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. It works quite easy for me since I just click from inside any of the other adobe software to edit the audio in Audition, and once I save the changes in Audition, it reflects in the original location. I also use it to do some audio mix and add effects to the audio. More like an extended and more professional version of the audio editing panel inside Adobe Premiere Pro. Any sort of audio manipulation I intend to do, Adobe Audition is the perfect solution

Pros

As an Adobe fan, I love the fact that it integrates well with other Adobe software I use. The interface is beautiful, all effects are well segmented for easy navigation. The flexibility it gives is quite adorable, it means it's useful for both novices and professionals alike.

Cons

The major problem we have with Adobe is the expensiveness of its products. It would also seem a little too technical for newbies to the software, but like every other Adobe software, practice and more practice helps to get used to it.

cRISTINA
  • Industry: Media Production

Excellent audio recording and editing workhorse, from beginners to advanced users

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

I record the voice overs for my audio projects (audio books, narration, commercials etc) and easily mix them with music and sound effects. The plugins integration helps me finish all the editing work in one interface , rather than using multiple ones.

Pros

1. The punch in recording feature ( a huge time saver). 2. Seamless integration with Izotope RX plugins. 3. A very handy and huge time saving feature to clean/lower all breaths in one audio file with the push of a button. Careful not to overdo it, experiement and check your file, to make sure you do not lose audio data.

Cons

I am not fond of the monthly subscription. I prefer to have a lifetime license (like before). In terms of interface, in the beginning Audition looks quite intimidating; there are many little options and bits and pieces everywhere to discover and understand. But, with patience you can figure them out in a few projects.The more you practice, the better you get.

Abraham
Abraham
  • Industry: Photography

Adobe Audition: Great sound editing software

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

Pros

Adobe audition has a lot of features when it comes to audio editing and it is also a professional standard. it also has an amazing library for support, lots of tutorials online and its features can be extended through plugins

Cons

You need to go through lots of tutorials before you can start using it, so its not great for beginners and apart from that, it is a great audio editing software

• Industry: Online Media

Adobe Audition Is Audio Lifesaver

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Overwall I have LOVED Adobe Audition. I use it to sweeten/enhance my audio on nearly every project that I have. Perfect for removing annoying background noise and not to difficult for new users to understand.

Pros

Adobe Audition is a MUST have for anyone doing Audio Video editing. While you can use Adobe Audition with many various editing software, Audition works best when used with other Adobe programs. With Adobe Creative Cloud Audition easily transfers and connects with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro...etc to allow you to keep your work flow while also making changes to your audio.

The straight forward set up is easy to learn and perfect for beginners and expierenced audio users.

Cons

The only downside that I have expierenced in my workflow is that sometimes in order to utilize other plugins or advance systems, you may have to do extra steps to keep in line with te Adobe workflow.

Francisco

Great for audio/dialogue production

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

One of the best and complete audio production software of all times

One of the best and complete audio production software of all times

Pros

The learning curve it isn’t hard if you come from free software like audacity and y works amazing with premiere pro

Cons

The audio restoring tools are not the best but with some izotope plugins you’ll be fine

Adobe Audition Review

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

Pros

Adobe Audition is the strongest in terms of de-duplication, noise-canceling, and background blurring.

Adobe Audition has a clip spotting feature that makes it easy to display the correct frame for the user in order to make accurate audio edits.

The program contains a Tracks panel that displays every detail of your project, making you precisely familiar with each addition or effect to make the work more professional.

Combine multiple audio files into one file, and support advanced options for this process.

Record the sound through a microphone or record the sounds produced by the computer internally while ensuring high quality improvement.

Cons

The interface and all the features may be difficult for beginners to get used to, as the program is more intended for professionals

Narisse
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Used this software for years and I love it

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Pros

Love this software so much. Been using Adobe Audition for years and it hasn't failed me yet. I love it's versatility. I don't believe any other software will bring me this much satisfaction. It works even on slow computers and provides you quality sounds and edits.

Cons

I don't like that audio preferences doesn't switch automatically but other than that I have no issues with Adobe Audition.

A Great Podcast Editing Tool

Reviewed on 30/01/2022

Its been a great tool for our weekly podcasts. It delivers professional-quality podcasts. I highly recommend it.

Pros

It is a pretty stable software, good at eliminating distortions, adding sound effects, and producing high-quality podcasts with studio sound quality. It is easy to integrate with other tools and allows for fast export. It is rich in features and once you've mastered it, there's so much value that one can derive from it.

Cons

For new users, it may be difficult to navigate at the beginning due to its advanced functionality. The price is steep but the quality of the work is worth it.

Audacity and Logic Pro
Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Functional Podcast Editing and Mixing Software

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Adobe Audition is an easy and professional audio production application that I will continue to use for my student podcast assignments.

Pros

As someone who teaches writing and communication at the college-level, I use Adobe Audition as the my main software for student podcast assignments. My university provides students access to Adobe software, and it works well on both Mac and PC platforms. Students have been using Audition each semester to produce their own podcast episodes about their research topics, and many have praised the ease of the software even though they may have had no experience with audio recording or production before.

Cons

The input and output selections for separate tracks is not as intuitive as they could be. Each audio track has to be assigned a specific input and output when it could easily be defaulted to main input/output on the device running the software. Finally, the application saves metadata files separate from the actual media included in the project, which can make exporting or sharing a project before final mixdown slightly difficult.