eM Client

Write a Review!
Email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and chat in one app

4.1/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
3.7/5

Barry
Barry
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best alternative to Microsoft Outlook (for smaller organizations/Individuals) evaluated.

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Adopted emClient as my primary PIM application while associates reviewed alternative to Outlook email clients. Compared our experiences and agreement was reached to recommend emClient when appropriate to the client entity.

Pros

In role of a performance/financial improvement interim executive/advisor, I regularly evaluate critical products and services for my clients enterprises. For small to mid-market firms (and NFPs) the cost of Microsoft products can be very significant ongoing budgetary hit. Good alternatives office suites lack robust PIM capabilities and that is always a real consideration. The emClient PIM offers all of the capabilities needed for professional usage.

Cons

The emClient product's export capability is effectively non-existent. If a later decision is made to return-to/go-to Outlook... a major effort will be required.

Patrick

Nice Alternative email app

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Pros

Importing my data from MS Outlook was so easy I didn't actually realize that it happened except for the prompts to let me know that it was trying. I like the layout of the program as it just make sense to me to have the emails list on the side and the reading or preview pane beside it.

Cons

The only thing I would add would be a way to delete emails by single click instead of the Right Click option. Otherwise, there is not much to dislike about this app.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Price and it is not Microsoft.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Price, ease of use, ease of setup and importing.
Matthew

I was excited, but terrible reliability and horrible support changed that.

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

The reliability is awful, but the customer service... wow. If they were any quieter over there, we'd have to be in the vacuum of space.

If I could buy this company, fire every employee and finish their system I would. I suspect they have very little development capability, or they are outsourcing all of this and that explains why getting fixes done is impossible at best.

Pros

The interface looks great (but has issues), it's fast and has some good features, but mostly they don't work as expected.

Cons

The search function doesn't work.
That's right IMAP users... No searching for e-mails. No matter what.

If I am looking for an e-mail from my #1 client, I first have to look on my cell phone, find the date and time in eM client and then sort by the Received By name. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. 99% of the time I am stuck using my cell phone to reply to people because eM client search doesn't work.

If I have an upcoming meeting, occasionally (1 time out of 30) I can find the e-mail by typing in any ONE word that I can think MIGHT be in the e-mail message. You can't search by e-mail address, or name, subject nothing.

I dealt with it for 2 years. I submitted countless documents, proof and technical information to support, and all they do is ignore me. I now am forced to just send them an e-mail every two weeks saying "Hello? Any update?" .... Silence.

I'm a software engineer. I own a software company. I told them how to fix all of it. I offered for free, since it's been 2 years. They're not interested at all in fixing it.

Beyond that, e-mails in the inbox show that they are from different people, people that I haven't talked to since I created my e-mail account. Why you ask? They blame it on "incomplete headers". I submitted header comparisons between all sorts of mixed up messages showing no difference... What was their explanation? Nothing. Silence.

Great Alternative to Outlook

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

It has been a reliable and solid product that integrates flawlessly with Google services.

Pros

- Fantastic integration with Google calendar and contacts
- Flexible email configuration supporting most email services
- Great support
- Very stable and reliable

Cons

- Email editor is a little limited when compared to some other options

Ad

Very good email client being alternative for MS Outlook and others

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Pros

Very good email client with a full set of features which are not found in other email programs.
One time fee and do buy the lifetime upgrade option.

Cons

Pricing can get high if you have multiple devices and above 50 devices you need to contact the sales team.

Ben

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

Pros

The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders.

It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients.

Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Cons

Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again.

In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders.

As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

Danker
Danker

Best email management program

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Pros

Working with eM Client is easy, setting it up to my own preferences is good. If you have the pro version, you can have an unlimited number of email accoungts managed through eM Client. Synchronization with web mail works flawlessly. Having worked with Microsoft Outlook and long ago with outlook express, eM Client is currently the only email management program that exceeds all expectations. Unlike web mail programs like Chrome with eM Client it is possibke to save emails to your hard drive (I prefer saving each and every email to my device).

Cons

At times it is not easy to find out how to adjust or change features, layout, and more. It's often a trial and error exercise. But once you manage to find out how it works, it's fine.

Francesco

The most complete mail client

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Pros

Has every features that you need to manage all mail, task, contact, notes, calendar and it's perfect with icewarp server because it's very well integrated. You can use smart attach directly from emclient and use video conferencing.

Cons

I have not found anything to bad, Now thay are developing also android app.

Melissa
Melissa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Email alternative

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Pros

A simple an easy alternative to outlook. The interface and useability is good for someone that wants a more simple email client.

Cons

There are a few bugs with the calendar reminders and tasks. Even if you clear out a reminder you will get it everyday since you set it up.

Response from eM Client

Hi Melissa, thank you for your review.

If you encountered an issue with reminders, please do reac out to our support or [email protected] so we can help - if you dismiss the reminder it should definitely not show up again.

Alison
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Superb email and calendar software

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Software is easy to install and use and makes my job so much easier.

Software is easy to install and use and makes my job so much easier.

Pros

I like the instant notifications with multiple notifications. My contacts are easy to find and I can even schedule work on the calendar. There is also a great free option.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about emclient.

beta
  • Industry: Animation

The best outlook alternative

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Pros

I literary try dozen email clients, and em client is my favorit. It's have everything I need.Have modern and clean interface? yes | support ms exchange? yes | sync with google calender? yes | have a reminder tool? yes | one time payment? yes.Overall em client have a lot of features but yet still easy to use. I strongly you give em client a try, the have free version (with very limited features).

Cons

For their pro version, I have nothing to complain, but their free version basically unusable because only 2 email accounts allowed. Instead of offer free version with such limitation, I think they better offer a full free trial.

Response from eM Client

Hello beta, thank you for your review!
When you first install eM Client, it will run in a 30-day trial mode automatically, and during that time anyone can test all features for free :)
The 2-account limit is used only once a Free license is registered and activated - before any license is used, the trial will have all the features for any testing.

Jonathan

Good solution for managing complex, integrated email communications

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud. This is huge. Also I find the email interface to be much more user friendly than any of the cloud-based services. Finally, on the original setup, I migrated from Thunderbird and the entire experience was incredibly smooth and easy. This was a big plus as I was getting started.

Pros

This software allows me to manage 3 or more email identities from a single platform. It allows me to organize my saved messages for easy retrieval and long-term record-keeping. It allows me to search and quickly find past messages.

Cons

When Windows reboots the system automatically following an update, if emClient is running, the software has been vulnerable to corruption, and the process of checking and rebuilding the database can be cumbersome. This problem has improved over time, but the program remains vulnerable to sudden shut-downs.

Ade
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great software for email management

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

Pros

Simple to setup, intuitive and good feature set.

Cons

It doesn't appear to have a global search (all folders at once)

Response from eM Client

Hi Ade, thank you for your review!

Just to provide a tip - you can search in All folders, just click inside the Search tab in the top right corner, and next to the magnifying glass icon open the drop-down menu - here you can set which folders to search in (Current folder, Current with subfolders, All folders or custom folder selection) and other details, like which part of the message to search in (Senders, Subject, Body, Attachments...).

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support or [email protected]

Good software, strange licensing

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Poor. Software is decent, but slow support and difficult point of purchase licensing make it not worth the hassle. We have 50 potential users but won't be working with eMClient.

Pros

It is an email client, pretty straightforward. Good clean interface, good connectivity between o365 and Google apps accounts.

Cons

I demo'd the software personally to see how it worked for organizational consideration. So I bought a license for my computer. After a while I wanted to put it on my laptop too to stay consistent (majority of time is at desktop, some meetings and travel with laptop). However, I discovered the software is machine licensed, not user licensed, so need to buy separate licenses. No ideal but not a big deal, I went through their website and there was mention of volume discounts.

I reached out to support, which is very weak. Some language barriers which is okay, I can work with that. However, an attempt to purchase extra licenses took close to two weeks for a reply (weeks, not days).

The response was even more baffling. If you buy two licenses 'at the same time' there is a deep discount. But if you buy one, then another the next day (for the same user, or even group of users) there is no discount. We have no problem paying full price for user licensing (desktop and laptop), or no problem with a volume system for users adding multiple machines. Why would you offer deep discounts, and then take that away when an organization wants to buy your software? Either have discounts or don't, but that's a strange carrot to wave and then pull back. Then there is the issue of waiting weeks for confusing answers that need clarification.

Ted

Former Outlook User

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

It fulfills my daily email needs for my business and personal correspondence. I have 4 regularly used email addresses through which I correspond.

Pros

It was mostly familiar in design to what I previously used. I was used to a email client that allowed me to have a large, nested, easily accessible filing system for correspondence.

Cons

I get error messages at times regarding my movement of filed correspondence within the application. I don't know how to correct the problem. Thus, I receive repeated error messages.
Also, when replacing my old tablet computer with a new one, the process for getting the "PRO" version on my new machine was not as clearly defined as I would have liked. I succeeded with Stepan Busek's help.

Response from eM Client

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at [email protected] we can help you to resolve the problem.

Or you can contact me directly.
George

Ben

Easy-to-use alternative to Thunderbird with a much better user interface

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with eM Client much more than that with Outlook (obviously) and Thunderbird. I haven't had to recover an automatic backup but it's assuring to know I'll always have a backup ready when my computer inevitably dies.

Pros

The simple and clean UI helps me focus on priority emails while staying organized and efficient. The Conversations feature really helps to keep interactions simple and straightforward. The amount of options available is very refreshing, especially for someone as detail-oriented as I am.

Cons

When emails are displayed by conversation, any email with the same subject gets lumped in making it appear as if those emails are part of the same interaction. This can get complicated fast when a colleague includes you in multiple emails to different people with the same subject line. However, once you get used to it, it's easy to ignore.

Rebeca

Tried to get support and was ignored

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

Response from eM Client

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right.

Thank you, Peter.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Apart from support, good product

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

A bunch of stooges, in my opinion. Good product but silliness in the support.

A bunch of stooges, in my opinion. Good product but silliness in the support.

Pros

Great methods and ease of use in organizing emails in folders

Cons

Support is close to non-existent. Good luck trying to phone or chat with them directly. Everything has to be my email and takes days.

Response from eM Client

Thank you for your review, we're sorry that you were not satisfied with our support.
Telephone support is indeed not available, but our technicians can be reached via an online center so we can help even when you cannot use your email - https://support.emclient.com/
You can also request remote support via TeamViewer when needed.

Marco
  • Industry: Photography

Already proven

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Pros

emClient is fast and much more important robust. It's already proven over several years in daily business. R&D takes into account ideas of users for further development

Cons

I would like to have a chance to configure the design of the displayed address in card view.

• Industry: Design

Long Time User

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

It's been so many years of use that I can't remember when I first started using eM Client. The experience has consistently improved. Having a clean user interface is important.

Pros

Straight forward presentation of inboxes and emails. No fooling around. I particularly like the option of downloading pictures and control of email tracking.

Cons

Nothing, everything I use works. Perhaps if I was a power user I could add something to say.

Andy

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

eM Client has been a great help to our school. it is very economical and easy to use.

Pros

eM Client works great. The updates continue to make it better. It has an integrated email client and calendar that help keep me organized. It works great with gmail.

Cons

Emails off the server still show up as unread even if they have been read and deleted from another application.

Chris
  • Industry: Design

Great Outlook Alternative

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Cons

Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

Diane
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

I have really benefited from this software because I have to monitor several inboxes.

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

I feel at ease that emails are being monitored in a timely matter.

I feel at ease that emails are being monitored in a timely matter.

Pros

I love that I can monitor several email accounts without having to juggle multiple browser tabs. Using eM Client everything is in one central location. It's very easy to navigate and helps keep me very organized.

Cons

I don't have a major con but I do think there may be future updates to this software because I manage a lot of emails and it seems to work better when I keep the emails at a minimum.

Response from eM Client

Hello Diane, thank you for your positive review, we are glad that you like eM Client. Of course, we are constantly developing and updating it, for example now in version 7.1 we have added a simple way how to sign and encrypt your messages via PGP.

Anyway, if you have any troubles, please don't hesitate contact our online support.

Thanks, Peter from eM Client

Ankit
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Mail box

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Overall experience so far is good as i am using it on daily basis.

Overall experience so far is good as i am using it on daily basis.

Pros

1.It is easy to use interface.
2.It also offers calendar and contacts.
3.It also supports very easy way how to send encrypted mails using PGP,
4.It is very easy to import your data.

Cons

1.sometimes you are unable to get who is sending the mail , as it looks as a chain and you need to find out who is the actual sender.
2.we can add colums and rows easily.
3.It is unstable for business use.
4.it is for personal use only.
5.It takes so much of time to create a box or rectangle so that’s annoying.

Richard
  • Used for 1+ year

eM Client provides ease of use and multiple features.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

An easy to use email client for seniors.

An easy to use email client for seniors.

Pros

The biggest thing I liked is it easily migrated Windows Live Mail. I am an IT consultant that was looking for a replacement for Windows Live Mail. eM Client's interface is fairly simple but powerful. Couple that with most of my clients qualify to use it for free and you have a great Windows Live Mail replacement.

Cons

Sometimes the free license seems to "get lost" and has to be entered again. Without even the free license, the software will not communicate with email servers. Another glitch seems to be that recently one of the rep of eM Client sent out emails to many of my customers claiming they were not using the software for personal use. At first, I assumed it was a scam but it was legitimate. All of the customers that use this software are retired and are not using it for commercial purposes. I do not know if this is an attempt to have them pay for it even though they are abiding by the terms of the free use.