Nanonets OCR

OCR and deep learning platform for digitizing documents

4.8/5

Muhammad

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

we can start create a custom model by uploading 10 samples, nanonet can read whatever the position of the document and whatever the kind of document type

Pros

This software is really impactful, easy to adopt, easy to make a custom model, flexible to deploy

Cons

limited output when implemented on-premise

ABBYY FineReader PDF, Kofax Power PDF and UiPath

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

because it was really painful to create a model, and the extraction result was very bad

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

because Nanonets is very easy to use and has competitive price
Vijay

Great IDP tool with neat integrations

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Nanonets helped us save almost 300 man hours a month right off the bat.

We set up an almost touchless autoamted process to handle the entire worklfow of receiving document, extracting data and ingesting it into an appropriate database in the format of our choice.

Pros

The ability to create custom data extraction models for specific document types. Our use case was limited to a set of internal documents that Nanonets learnt to identify and pull key data from. Nanonets was also instrumental in setting up an automated worklfow to pull the raw data, extract relevant data and ingest the same into our DB of coice.

Cons

The trial period could have been a bit longer by default IMO. There was just quite a lot to test wrt our workflow.

But the team at Nanonets did extend it on our request- so that's alright.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Too expensive. Results were subpar.

Rossum

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

Pricing, accuracy and ease of setting up the workflow.
Subhasish
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Simple review

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

My overall experience of using nanonets was good but some improvements needs to be implemented to get the best experience.

Pros

The most I like about this software was document entry automation and use of AI is implemented in the backend to smoothen the process.

Cons

I think all the features implemented in nanonets are perfectly fine but some features needs some improvement which will enhance the usability of nanonets.

Johan

Great Customer Service & Software

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Just like any other product in the world, customer service/support must be of outmost importance. In Nanonets, fortunately, this was not the exception. We received great attention from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who provided support 24/7 and was always willing to assist.

Pros

Probably one of the easiest softwares to use in the industry. Anyone without prior experience can upload data and extract it with their solution.

Cons

There should be better documentation on the Cancellation Policy, but besides this none.

Google Cloud Vision API

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

Nanonets has probably the best turnkey solution in the industry for the extraction of data off documents such as Government issued IDs. This allows any company to automate profile verification with ease.
Neha

Wonderful software

Reviewed on 02/07/2022

Overall, I had a great experience with Nanonets. I used it just for trials as I was curious but then I was amazed to see the results. I'm going to continue using this product for all my further projects and I recommend anyone to go for it whoever needs it.

Pros

Features like text extraction and document conversion helped me immensely in my project. It is super easy to use and helped me leverage deep learning capabilities to digitize documents for my project.

Cons

Tagging of invoices and mapping of the details is a bit tedious

Sabyasachi
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

" Nanonets - The Future of Data entry "

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

We extract data from the hard copies of receipts to the digital mode for market analysis and generate insights. The manual process was very inefficient and error-prone, but with "Nanonets," the speed has skyrocketed.

Pros

The convenience of using "Nanonets" is just incredible. Data entry is tiring and a tedious job. But with "Nanonets," it becomes smooth as butter. The accuracy is just unparalleled in the industry. Enjoy using it for daily operations and recommend anyone searching for viable value service.

Cons

The services that "Nanonets" provides at such a cheap cost are exceptional. I believe, like any other software, "Nanonets" will bring in more features and better usability.

Neel
  • Industry: Banking

Worth It!

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

It helps solve and automates my business processes. Also, increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the business process.

Pros

• Easy to train the models
• Helps in automating the business process
• Inexpensive to use
• Helps built a better accuracy in processes

Cons

Haven't found a CON till now. Will surely update if I am able to find it. The software is extremely well made

Automai Robotic Process Automation

Inexpensive Easy to use
Trishna

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

I used nanonets with the aim to automate the manual entry of invoice data. The software was suggested to me by our professor. I scanned various fields of invoices to store the data categorically. This would help me to draw insights on sale and other details like high demanded products in a season etc. The tool is very quick, easy to use, the UI is almost intuitive and it becomes extremely easy to scan the documents. I also liked the feature where I could go and manually enter the dates or other category data of nanonets in case the scan fails or not available.

Pros

The feature of extracting the texts from invoices and categorising them so accurately really impressed me. I was amazed by the wonderful way of scanning and storing invoice data so easily and automatically without writing any codes for it.

Cons

Well nothing specific. The software served my purpose well. I am quite happy with it hence my answer would be all is good.

Mohit

Great software with aesthetic UI

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Overall, I had a wonderful experience using Nanonets OCR. The ease with which I could complete my project made the entire experience all the more rewarding. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who is apprehensive. You will be pleasantly surprised with how well-made the product is.

Pros

The entire setup process was seamless. I used Nanonets as part of my MBA project, wherein I had to extract details from restaurant invoices, like address, total price and so on. What I liked the most was the high level of accuracy with which the tool could extract those information. I also loved the overall UI of the website, which makes it all the more easy to navigate through various options.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to not like like about Nanonets. If I were to nitpick, the one thing that strikes me is the difference in training time. One of my colleagues who has a Macbook, was able to train his model in half the time that my Laptop took. I think this could be taken care of in the future.

Ashray

Nanonets is the way

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Pros

The most enjoyable part was that it provides such accurate text extraction compared to other OCR's out there like Tesseract that the work no longer feels tedious and the platform is so user friendly that you are always at ease using it

Cons

There are no real flaws with this software, you will not have any real complaints

Adrian
  • Used for Free Trial

Quickest and most accurate OCR annotation I've used to date, bonus points for their customer...

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

I needed to perform OCR annotation and extraction (image to text), with the base images being close to a tabulated format.

The immediate benefit was to have the data exported (CSV) in a clean table layout that perfectly coordinated with the layout in its image form.

The data was [*]100% accurate for all data rows which were human-legible.

*They offered hands-on help with annotation to ensure that my training models resulted in an accurate
production result – take advantage of this extra help! It'll save you time and the outcome (data) will be precise.

Pros

The OCR annotation was accessible, quick and accurate 👌

Their customer service was also proactive in assisting me with the initial annotation for the training models, with a speedy turnaround that enabled me to extract and export my data within 24 hours of registering my account.

Cons

I didn't like that the table annotation (list items) has opaque column headers, which means that you have to
zoom in and readjust the table size when the column headers happen to be floating over a valid (legible) data row.

Nevertheless, I pinged the team about this and they were aware of the issue - they have it on their roadmap
for UX improvements.

Dmitry
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful and simple OCR service for data preprocessing

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

I'm writing master thesis and working with data analysis technics. In my case Nanonets OCR goes to process with handwritten text with the best accuracy. It gave well-build structured data that can be taken for further modeling. Also I must admin the fact, that with API it gives many opputunities in different ML spheres, not only text analysis

Pros

High accuracy without standard limits, that allowed to process almost any image or document
User-friendly output formats directly or via modern API
Possibility to train own model or use pretrained one

Cons

Just one tip to add some SQL extension as output formats

Ralph
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

First stage of data input to collect data room data in a DD process using MarkLogic Data Hub

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Contract onboarding, Due Diligence - very good product and a perfect service by the pre-sales consultant!

Pros

The system can be calibrated to recognise information from any document type! It takes about 60 minutes to calibrate and you can start reading these documents automatically!

Cons

I was not sure, whether Nanonets provides cloud services in european data centres?

Rossum

Better Features and Services
Jon
  • Industry: Automotive

Custom PDF conversion

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Nanonets team (Sales and Engineering) quickly understood the need and implemented what was needed. They also responded very quickly to the contract terms our legal team requested with no friction.

Pros

We have many different data feeds we intake and perform ELT processes, but could only get PDF files for a new custom program. Nanonets software approach made it easy for me to fully automate the conversion from PDF to normalized data we can quickly ingest.

Cons

Integration was very easy. Once we customized the export with Nanonets it only takes a few short minutes daily to process. Once this is out of pilot, we will fully automate with no human touch needed.

Alessandro

Food label OCR Recognition

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

I'm a AI italian student and I'm writing on my degree thesis. I'm working on a regional project. I developed a mobile application that use a Amazon OCR, that recognize the animal batch on a label food.
My target is to elaborate the dataset with some processing and segmentation techniques and process them on a simple OCR; then I compare my results with a pre-trained OCR. In my thesis I'll quote also Nanonets that it was the most powerful pre-trained system for text recognition.

Pros

Nanonets it's the most powerful OCR software.

Cons

Probably nothing. I think it is also useful and smarty.

Gagandeep Singh
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Extract details from contracts & invoices

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

My overall experience with Nanonets has been delightful to say the least. The ease of implementation, administration, and use makes our jobs easier when it comes to digitizing large volumes of agreements, invoices, and other partnerships related documents.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to intake large volumes of documents, reasonable price point

Cons

No issues faced so far, the experience has been excellent.

Aman

Best Place to find OCR Software with high accuracy

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

We are using it for automating the KYC Onboarding process for our customers, and filling in address details and other information is a time-consuming process. But this platform has improved our users' onboarding experience, and we are happy to integrate it into our system.

Pros

Nanonets is one of the best OCR software I have ever used. I like this platform the most because of its high accuracy models. I am very happy for using this platform into our product.

Cons

I didn't find any reason to dislike the platform. The features this platform provides are excellent, and I would recommend this platform to everyone who needs to automate the data extraction process from various documents.

Majesta
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Nanonets is a game changer

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

We are using Nanonets (free) to process handwritten forms. In order to automatically import them into our CRM. It has already saved us a lot of time.

Pros

What stood out most to me was how user friendly it is. It's an excellent user experience from start to finish. If you have a game plan for what and how you want to process something it is as easy as 1 2 3. It is very easy to customize to our own forms and it gets better at it every time we use the software. Editing mistakes within the software is also very easy and way faster than when we would normally process the forms by hand.

Cons

Nanonets is based on AI that needs you to select the text to extract as closely as possible, whereas I feel for our handwritten forms it would be great to set markers for fields and after that, have the AI read all the text within that field. Just to avoid it mixing things up.
What would also be good is to be able to set field properties e.g.: numbers only, text, yes or no, like you would when using tables.

Chidambaram

Useful for extracting info

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Pros

Had the setup in place for collecting info from financial docs.

Cons

Not much to dislike works pretty well from the beginning

Yoga

really good OCR software i ever seen

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

it's flexible to extract any type of document you need

Pros

easy to use, UI friendly, non-developer can use this apps, can integrate into many API

Cons

not compatible to mark sample when it's rotating 20º, and can't do flexible shape of marking

Ajit

Just go for it - Awesome

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

Overall, my experience was great because it solved my purpose. Even the trial version seamlessly worked! I am happy that I used this tool. And I am sure 54 students whom I trained might go for this if they needed it at their workplace.

Pros

Nononet is easy to use. I am in the teaching profession. I had to demonstrate how the procurement department can make use of Nanonet to MBA students. I provided them with some scanned bills to train the model and later another set to test. It worked like a magic. My 54 students were happy and satisfied.

Cons

Probably, Nononet can provide some sample datasets so that learners will feel comfortable. Also use-cases! They may consider providing more facilities to instructors so that they can teach this powerful tool even better.

Gabor

Great product!

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

I have very positive experience with Nanonets team. I think best in class in invoice data extraction.

Pros

High accuracy, easy to implement, excellent support team! Awesome annotation team!

Cons

We need post-processing the invoice data for creating structured data.

Ron

Excellent team driving the product forward

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

The team was very responsive and worked closely with us to perfect and tailor the product to our specific needs.

Pros

Agile ability to meet customers needs with speed.

Cons

None.

Vishrut
  • Industry: Accounting

Experiential Learning

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We were attempting to collect bill data from a variety of invoices received by the institution. Some of it was handwritten, while others appeared to be fairly old. Because manual segregation was impossible, Nanonets came to the rescue.

Pros

The entire setup procedure was really straightforward. We used it as part of a university project, and I was amazed at how easy it was to use. The user interface is really simple, and even someone without a technical experience might use it to complete the job.

Cons

The only issue was that you needed a machine with a lot of computing power. The processing on my old Asus notebook took a little longer than I had hoped. However, the end outcome was well worth the wait.

Pratyush
  • Industry: Higher Education

Nanonets - Best out there

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

I am a customer who had business use cases and this was really helpful to me.

Pros

The entire platform is very easy to use. The navigation and the UI is extremely smooth and does not cause any issues. Helped me despite being a novice.

Cons

There are no product defects or loopholes in the software. Definitely use it.