Adobe Acrobat Reviews

Adobe Acrobat

4.7 (2,394)
Write a Review!
PDF editing with e-signatures and document review tools

(2,394)

crystal
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Adobe Acrobat Review

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Adobe Acrobat is surprisingly smooth, reliable, and a joy to work with for all your form editing, converting, sharing, signing needs.

Pros

I liked most that when its needed the most..its easy to access and simple to conduct the tasks needed. No other software out there for this purpose, works as well as this. This is my number one, go to software for these tasks. I have tried many.

Cons

Not a thing I could possibly say bad about this software. Number one choice!

pdfFiller

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat

The other ones failed to finish the tasks needed and were difficult to access and unreliable

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

I chose this because i exhausted all other options with bad results. So when i used Adobe Acrobat I was pleasantly surprised
Sean
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Still the best, at a high price

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

I would expect the pioneers of PDF format to always be the benchmark -and i'm happy to say they are!You can expect frequent updates form Adobe and always easier ways to handle PDFs... it's the most feature rich handler i've used (And i've used many). HOWEVER - there are alot of very good competitors out there for a fraction of the cost of Adobe Acrobat with most of the features you find here. If you run a business or you're a professional where PDFs are a considerably important part of your workflow go for it. For everyone else, there are great free or cheaper options out there with all the functionality you want.

Pros

Frequent updates.All the features you can think of in terms of PDF workloads.Amazing file format conversion options.

Cons

Expensive.Editing text is a toss up for me - more times than not it feels like its a sib sluggish and accurate formatting to the original format isn't guaranteed.

Foxit PDF Reader, Nitro and PDFelement

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

Frequent Updates, Granular features and document signing and authentication options.
Frank
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

As default software it could be better

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

You get what you pay for, and what you get works fine. But most of the software's capability is only available if you pay for premium access.

Pros

Adobe Reader DC is ubiquitous, so it is always a program I use by default, even though I have PDF software I like better and use just as often. I keep it as default PDF software because there are certain websites I use often with interactive forms that do not support BlueBeam. Adobe is generic and for general access to PDFs it works well with little problem. If I want to manipulate the PDFs I flip to another software

Cons

Adobe DC is free, so of course the value for the money is commensurate with what I pay for it. But most of the features I want to use are only available in the cloud or behind the premum package paywall. The interface is set up to push you to use these added features, but without buying the professional package, they are useless to me, and I switch over to Bluebeam to do any serious manipulation of PDF material.

elizabeth

Amazing Adobe

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Adobe Acrobat is extremely easy to use. It is extremely necessary in the world of Mortgage and Real Estate. Organization , Editing, Exporting, Creating, Combining, and signing documents with ease is paramount in our business. I LOVE Adobe Acrobat!

Pros

All the features including, edit, signature authentication, organizing etc.

Cons

I can't think of any cons with using Adobe.

Wes
Wes
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

PDF files are Ubiquitous , so it pays to be adept with Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Since PDF files are supported everywhere it's essential to dealing with documents. Once when I bought a condo I had to send the Master Deed to my insurance agent but I only had a paper copy of the deed. Luckily our printer/scanner has a scan to PDF doc feature where it sends the produced doc to my e-mail address; a life saver. My day to day experience is typically just using Acrobat for reading documents, occasionally I'll encounter a document which is setup such that I can fill-in prepared form entries with just Acrobat Reader, PRO not required.

Pros

Standards are a good thing and PDF is the de facto standard for regular documents and Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and the pre-eminent PDF reader, it's use is a no brainer.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat Pro is needed for PDF creation or adhoc free editing. Acrobat Pro is too expensive for a casual user. Therefore typically only a few workers for whom document creating/editing is an essential part of their job have a Acrobat Pro license.

Nicole
Nicole
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Might be the best PDF Editor

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

Adobe Acrobat is a great document management tool. It has a lot of features and integration to help handle all kinds of documents.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat is an awesome tool that can convert almost any file into a PDF, like documents and images. It also works the other way around—it can turn PDFs into Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents. I appreciate that I can use it to convert static images with text to editable text and easily build signable forms and invoices.

Cons

This program can be a resource hog and the price is too high if you buy it as a stand-alone program and not with the Adobe CC subscription.

Foxit PDF Editor

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat is bundled in the Creative Cloud subscription which makes it affordable and the program itself comes with an impressive range of editing tools.
Manabetane
Manabetane
  • Industry: Wholesale

The best PDF reader

Reviewed on 13/01/2024

Pros

The feature that allows you to edit the document is the best thing ever and the signature feature makes life pretty easy.

Cons

The dark mode shows horrible pictures. That could be improved.

thuthukani
thuthukani
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Adobe Acrobat Review

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

It is the only application you can think of when you thinking of a pdf

It is the only application you can think of when you thinking of a pdf

Pros

I love this application simply is the best in its niche plus no one compares to it and very beautifully made and you can use a Google account to sign in so yeah it the best app ever

Cons

That some time you have to pay a fee for some features which can get a little bit expensive so other than that

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

It is the best in the tech space plus sort of special and Google can work with it to sign in
Rex

Effective and Efficient

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Pros

The ease of use and the low-cost options available.

Cons

Requires an Adobe account to edit PDF documents.

Jane Marris
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Good for Document and Editing

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

My oveall experience is excellent.i would recommend this to my co worker and friends to use.

Pros

Most likely i like the adobe cos its correcting and propely emphasised my document for view and editing some words that should be needed or not.Very Usefull in all the documents that you want to edit or check.

Cons

Only for opening the the documents its a quite loading sometimes..but its still good for me this apps for my Daily use in Document.

Ronnie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Creating and Collecting Gone Wild

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

We don’t have staff dedicated to using Acrobat DC on a daily basis. This is because the benefits of the software allow us to spend minimal time creating documents and forms, which can then be easily distributed to the proper recipients. We may not use it every day, but that is only because it works so well. The creation of forms that previously took hours of tweaking and changing only to come out less than perfect is now a simple procedure that our staff can complete without spending inordinate amounts of time trying to “figure out” what to do.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC has been a vital addition to our office. It integrates seamlessly into our current work environment to the point that many staff members do not even realize that we are using it. For the staff members who do use it, their unanimous response is that there will be an uprising if we cancel the subscription to the software. The ability to edit PDFs, create dynamic forms for client questionnaires, collect esignatures, and utilize OCR makes it a necessity for many departments. The staff that create the forms love the ability to easily create forms quickly that can then be distributed amongst the staff. The staff that send out the applications rave on the features that allow them to collect signatures and collate data in a fraction of the time it previously took. We don’t look at Adobe as a software program but as an employee—and one that works more efficiently at a lower cost.

Cons

Our clients who are not computer savvy seem to be averse to using Adobe Reader DC to fill out documentation. Having an interface option that resembles other popular word processors would ease that burden, but it is by no means a deal-breaker when it comes to evaluating whether to retain our license.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Online Media

Powerful PDF management features save time and frustration

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

We've solved multiple issues with Acrobat DC that were not solvable with other PDF management software. The efficiency with which DC performs basic and advanced PDF manipulation is unmatched. We've realized numerous benefits across features such as OCR, page extraction, document combining, and much more.

Pros

I like the ability to edit PDF documents. This proves to be an indispensable feature when preflighting print projects, fixing typos in Print ready files received from customers, etc. I also like the highly efficient PDF file size that Acrobat DC provides. It's pure wizardry.

Cons

I don't like the way the document cropping and resizing works. I feel that this feature could be simplified and drastically improved.

Andrew
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Ubiquitous to this day

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Overall it's what you'd expect, gripes aside this is the standard for a reason. There are other options out there, but given the feature set and how the .PDF is basically Adobe's file format, you aren't really conceding to anything but perhaps the cost when you hop into this. If you can get educational or non-profit pricing on this, it is much better than an outright retail license. Would like to see an enterprise or non-profit professional version that was optional to make deployment on a large scale a bit more flexible.

Pros

Being the program natively associated with .PDF (though others TRY and take control of them in the OS), I like that core features and anything new associated with the format will be available in Acrobat. Document consolidation is fantastic, and then the OCR function is actually pretty robust, coming in very handy for less tech-savvy users. While you do want people to grasp some of the fundamentals for PC use, it's nice to have an advanced feature like that to assist in a pinch, instead of having to explain why that's an odd thing to ask a PC.

The security features are also excellent, assisting a lot with users handling sensitive legal documents.

Cons

Deployment is my biggest gripe, as doing large-scale installation is fine...as long as you have a volume license key under single key. My organization uses multiple keys depending on the department and/or center they operate out of. This is very difficult as installation during our WDS imaging would be quite helpful, but we can't if the license key differs. This was our decision, but the price we receive as a non-profit has to be structured this way to receive the best value. It is both our fault and not our fault.

One trend that I would love to see completely cease is the incessant "Please sign in" or "You need to sign in" garbage after a license key has been applied. I've shown that the software has been paid for and this is a professional environment. We have plenty of features for document and key backup in place, we do not need for our users to get confused thinking they have to create an account simply trying to launch the software. Having to intervene during an installation only takes time out of my day that could be spent helping other users. I realize this is a nitpicky gripe, but this is such a common trend with software and I feel it needs to stop unilaterally. If it's ACTIVATED and doesn't require internet connection to run, please STOP trying to get usage information from our users.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Why I like Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 28/01/2023

It offers a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to format and edit text, images, and other elements in a PDF document. The interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate even for those who are not tech-savvy. It is also compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and can be used on a variety of devices. However, it is important to keep in mind that the software can be costly, and it may require some time and effort to learn and master all of its features.

Pros

It allows users to create and edit PDF documents, which is a widely used and accepted file format for electronic documents.It has a wide range of tools and features that make it easy to edit and format text, images, and other elements in a PDF document.It allows users to add comments, annotations, and signatures to PDF documents, making it a useful tool for collaboration and review.It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and understand, even for those who are not tech-savvy.It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems, and can be used on a variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.It also allows user to convert PDF files to other formats like word, excel, powerpoint and others.It also allows user to Secure the PDF files with password protection and digital signature.

Cons

dobe Acrobat is a paid software and can be costly for some users, especially for those who only need to use it occasionally.It can be difficult for some users to learn and master all of the advanced features and tools that it offers.The software can be quite resource-intensive, which can slow down older computers or devices.It does not include all the features of other Adobe products like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop etc.It has a steep learning curve for some users, especially those who are not familiar with PDF editing and formatting tools.It requires an internet connection to validate the license and can sometimes be a problem while working offline.There are some alternatives available like Foxit PhantomPDF, Nitro Pro etc which may be less expensive and offer similar functionality.

Ahmed Farrag Gamal
Ahmed Farrag Gamal
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A solid pdf editor but not up to date!

Reviewed on 04/04/2023

Adobe Acrobat is a very solid product. The overall experience and the community (in their official community forum) make it one of the best out there. But as I mentioned, some features (especially attaching media files and creating 3D pdf files) need to be improved and worked on.

Pros

We all know Adobe Acrobat! One of the first powerful pdf editors out there. The Editor is capable of doing everything! For basic editing and even for OCR there are better alternatives! for OCR and convert a normal pdf to a searchable pdf file, Abby Finereader is a better alternative in my opinion. But why Adobe Acrobat is above all? it is because Adobe decided to allow us to integrate our Plugins (written in JavaScript language). So basically if I need to execute automatic editing in a document, add a personalized Stamp and many other things, I can do them with Plugins. And there are third-party plugins to purchase available online.

Cons

The file formats required to be able to attach them to the pdf and the preview functions to add 3D models and media files are still limited and not up to date. (it is still not possible to add .STL files directly!). Also, when I add 3D Models in Microsoft Word and convert the word document to pdf, Adobe Acrobat doesn't recognize the 3D Model and substitutes it with a fixed image. this is so annoying since I then have to manually crop the image and replace it with the same 3D file!

pasan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Why should we choose Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and widely used software tool for creating, editing and managing PDF files. It provides advanced features such as adding and removing text, images, and multimedia content, creating fillable forms, and securing documents with passwords and digital signatures.One of the benefits of Adobe Acrobat is its integration with other Adobe products, making it a valuable tool for users who work with multiple Adobe applications. It also has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, and its collaboration features enable multiple people to review and edit documents simultaneously.However, Adobe Acrobat can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses or individuals who don't need all the advanced features. Additionally, some users may find the software resource-intensive or complex, and the mobile app has limited features compared to the desktop version.Overall, Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and useful tool that is well-regarded by many professionals and businesses. While it may not be the best fit for everyone, its advanced features and integration with other Adobe products make it a valuable asset for those who work with PDF files regularly.

Pros

Advanced PDF creation and editing features: Adobe Acrobat provides advanced features for creating and editing PDF files, such as adding and removing text, images, and multimedia content, creating fillable forms, and securing documents with passwords and digital signatures.Integration with other Adobe products: Adobe Acrobat integrates seamlessly with other Adobe products, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, allowing users to create and edit PDF files using other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and InDesign.Cross-platform compatibility: Adobe Acrobat creates PDF files that are universally accessible and can be opened on any platform, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.User-friendly interface: Adobe Acrobat has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for users to navigate and find the features they need.Collaboration features: Adobe Acrobat allows users to collaborate on PDF files, enabling multiple people to review and edit documents simultaneously, and providing tools for tracking changes and adding comments.Access to cloud-based storage: Adobe Acrobat allows users to access cloud-based storage services, such as Adobe Document Cloud and Dropbox, to store and share PDF files securely.

Cons

Cost: Adobe Acrobat is a paid software, and the cost can be relatively high, especially for small businesses or individuals who don't need all the advanced features.Resource-intensive: Adobe Acrobat can be resource-intensive, particularly when working with large PDF files, which can slow down the user's computer.Complexity: Adobe Acrobat has many advanced features and settings, which can be overwhelming for new users or those who are not familiar with the software.Security concerns: While Adobe Acrobat provides security features such as password protection and digital signatures, PDF files can still be vulnerable to cyber attacks, such as malware or phishing.Limited mobile app features: While Adobe Acrobat is available for mobile devices, the mobile app has limited features compared to the desktop version, which can be frustrating for users who need to work on PDF files while on the go.

tshegofatso
tshegofatso
  • Industry: Entertainment

Adobe: The best PDF editor and creator especially for business use.

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

Despite being expensive and complicated, once you learn to use it effectively it saves you time and improves your work productivity. There's nothing better than knowing that your work is safely stored and that you can access it at any time, anywhere, using any device. It's actually a great value for money.

Pros

Security features - documents are kept safe and unauthorized persons can access them. Easy to make changes to a PDF document like editing and sharing files using links that can be sent via email.Their customizable form fields are flexible allowing users to create text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, etc, while designing forms tailored to their specific needs.It saves time by providing pre-existing forms, templates, or invoices to enable us to only edit according to our specifications without having to start from scratch.

Cons

The Adobe full-featured version is expensive.It has a lot of features that can be complex for new users, so people need to take time to learn to use it effectively.

Abhijeet
Abhijeet
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Everyone's PDF editor

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

In summary, Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and versatile tool for working with PDFs. Its pros include its ability to create and edit PDFs, compatibility with a wide range of devices and platforms, and the inclusion of useful features like form creation and digital signature. The cons include its cost and complex interface.

Pros

One of the major pros of Adobe Acrobat is its ability to create and edit PDFs, which makes it a versatile tool for both personal and professional use. Additionally, it allows you to create fillable forms, add digital signatures, and protect your PDFs with a password. It also includes OCR features to make scanned documents more readable.Another pro of Adobe Acrobat is its compatibility with a wide range of devices and platforms, which makes it easy to access and work with PDFs on different devices.

Cons

One of the cons of Adobe Acrobat is its cost. The software is relatively expensive, which may be prohibitive for some users. Additionally, its interface can be quite complex, which may make it difficult for some users to navigate and find the features they need.

Foxit PDF Editor
Donald
Donald
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The Essential Tool for Professional Document Management: My Experience with Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Pros

Adobe Acrobat has been an invaluable asset for me in my role as a Sales Manager, as I have been able to use it for a variety of tasks. The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, offering comprehensive features and tools to create, edit, and share documents. It also provides robust security measures to protect sensitive information and allows for tracking documents to make sure the intended recipients only access them.

Cons

The process of learning Adobe Acrobat was not a pleasant one for me. It took me a significant amount of effort to get the hang of creating and amending PDFs and the user interface was not easy to follow. Furthermore, the cost of the program was quite high in comparison with how challenging it was to use.

Grace
  • Industry: Public Policy

Very useful for document management and team collaboration

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Prior to discovering these very unique features (merging, splitting, rearranging, etc.) in Adobe Acrobat, sharing source research material with team members meant attaching 15 separate files with 5 more written pages on which pages were useful or relevant. Now, I can directly split them and combine only the relevant pages into much lighter documents. Plus annotation feature allows me to add notes directly into sections -- which have combined to reduce our time on task for reports almost by 25%.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat has very advanced features to make every aspect of working on PDF files and other formats as effective as possible. My favorite features will have to be my most commonly used ones -- the document merge and rearrange functions. They allow me to compile research referencing materials quite easily into single documents for easier usage.

Cons

Pricing for product suites is quite high, with too many routine product updates. Also product licensing for team can be a bit complicated to get around.

Vikram
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Systematized PDF software with top notch features

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

The Adobe Acrobat DC is quick and compatible with a wide range of file types, allowing you to edit PDF files quickly and save them in a variety of forms. Aside from that, it allows you to simply convert a document from Microsoft Office, such as word or power point, and at the same time, it allows you to join several PDF files, as well as re-arrange pages to correctly organize the file before saving and printing.
You may read, amend, and fill out forms, as well as use your e-signature to sign them. Even when using other online systems like Panda Doc and Docu sign, the compatibility aspect and signature validation helps a lot, especially when working with several corporations.

Pros

1. Responsive Interface
2. Advanced encryption mechanism
9. Auto Complete Feature
10. Secure and optimize PDF's
11. Auto Signature feature
12. PDF Merge facility
13.Interactivity of designs with texts and graphics.
14. Pre-flighting files
15. Version control
16. Batch Processing
17. Pro factor in third party integrations
18. Auto Save feature

Cons

1. Lacks some high OCR proofreading tools
2. Cumbersome Program
3. No ePub format
4. UI needs to be customized.
5. Difficult to know the Rich feature set for beginners.
6. Bit Expensive.
7. Performance issues when handling the batch processing request
8. IPhone support is limited
9. File type conversion is bit clunky

Bill
Bill

I want my old Adobe Acrobat back!

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

We used adobe to create FDA drug applications. It was pretty quirky and did not always work well as the versions kept coming out faster than fecund bunnies. I have used Adobe since it first came out and the PDF format has proven to be the most reliable in terms of digital archive longevity. But although Adobe may have invented the format, there are many other options today that are far less expensive and good enough for everyday business use.

Pros

I do like the strength of the features in Adobe DC. It is extremely powerful and let’s you do almost anything you would ever need to do. The feature I use the most is the ability to move pages around, eliminate them altogether, or even combine with another document.

Cons

One has to launch no less than 10 apps to do what should be available from the main app. I was also never certain if I had launched the right app (the read only version does nothing but the launch icon is almost identical to the DC version). I also hated having to always switch from their “creative cloud” storage. AND Adobe subscriptions have become very pricey

Gregory
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Worth paying for, though you may not realise it

Reviewed on 04/03/2022

Though I used the free 'Reader' version for many years, I find myself using the full features of the paid version far more often than I would have expected, that is, on a semi-daily basis. It is the kind of tool that you never expect you need, until you do. For someone in my business (translation) who has to work with a wide range of documents of various types and qualities, it is more than worth the modest price tag.

Pros

Acrobat DC makes it quite easy to create, edit, and manage PDF files. I particularly appreciate the 'fill in and sign' feature, which has certainly saved me from having to print and scan several hundred pages of documents. The edit and rearrange features are invaluable in preparing documents for efficient translation or further processing. The OCR feature, while not as powerful as those provided by competitors such as Abby and Omnipage, is quite good for the price.

Cons

The interface seems a bit messy, with icons across top and side bars. It almost seems as if they took the Reader version and then added all the additional features to the side bar, cluttering up the interface. I find it quite annoying that the bar cannot be moved or hidden, especially when I am trying to work with several documents on one screen.

Kimara
Kimara

Outstanding functionality with a hefty price tag

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

My office efficiency benefits enormously by the speed in which I'm able to modify, re-purpose and share documents. I can't imagine doing everything I do without Acrobat DC. The ability to work seamlessly with InDesign and Photoshop make the Suite worth the cost for me.

Pros

I can do so much with so many types of files using Acrobat, so functionality gets the blue ribbon. Make a static text doc editable, turn a doc into a graphic, easily turn an existing form into an online fillable one, manage document color, resize large pdfs for web use...the list goes on and on. The toolbox is easily accessible and fairly well-organized, so the functionality is also fairly straightforward as well (unlike some other Adobe products).

Cons

Honestly, what I like least is that Adobe decided to use the same name (Acrobat) for Reader software. I understand why they'd connect the two, but for the vast majority of casual users, I think "Acrobat" means Reader. I work with many users who would like to do what I do with documents, and ask "How did you do that so quickly?" When I answer, there's all kinds of confusion. More of an irritation that I need to differentiate between the two than an actual dislike. I do wish the price tag was in reach for more, but the robustness of Adobe products in general can't be expected to be cheap.

Anita
Anita

Stand out and finish quickly

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

I have used Adobe Acrobat DC for several years now and it is my go-to software for everything from scanning, pdf converting, digital signatures, and email collaboration.

Pros

The best features for me in the software are the electronic and digital signatures. I used to get so frustrated waiting for a customer's signature on a document. I would either have to drive to their location or send it to them via mail or email. With just about everyone having an email address these days. A signature is just a click away with this program.
And if you are completing documents that require your signature. You have the option of creating your signature in digital format or using a system-generated signature. Either signature is far more convenient and time-consuming than printing, signing, and scanning.

Cons

There is nothing I can say I like least about the software. I have had no issues and it was easy to use and set up. The only feature, I might say was a little confusing was the deleting items from the preview pane. If you have scanned items you want to delete you have the option to delete them to a separate file. This just may be me but I find it using additional space when it deletes a page and each page creates a separate file.