Adobe Acrobat

PDF editing with e-signatures and document review tools

4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

The Original PDF tool and still the best

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

I have used Adobe Acrobat for as long as I can remember, and I have always considered it to be the only tool worth using for PDF manipulation. I eventually broke down and paid for Acrobat Pro, and even though I hated having to pay for it, I love the features it provides and considered it well worth the purchase.

Pros

I think Adobe Acrobat is the most feature-packed and practical PDF tool available. Just about anything can be done to manipulate PDFs with this tool, and it does everything from document generation to conversion and editing. It is a multi-faceted and versatile application.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Acrobat is that many features are locked behind a pay wall, requiring the user to buy Acrobat Pro in order to utilize some of the most useful features.

Go to PDF reader

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

Overall, Adobe Acrobat is an excellent program for creating, editing, and managing PDF documents. It offers a wide range of features, from creating forms to securing files, and its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat is an incredibly powerful software that offers an efficient way to help you manage and manipulate PDF documents. It is packed with features that make it easy to create, edit, and share PDF files, as well as scanning and securing them. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, allowing even a novice user to easily perform actions such as compressing and merging files.

Cons

One potential pain point of Adobe Acrobat is the cost. Although it offers a wealth of features, it can be expensive for individuals, especially if they are not extensively utilizing the software.

Abderrahmane

Adobe software review

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Pros

The best think like in this software the easy ues even in my company we support them for any update included

Cons

Write now i dont find any big cons in this soft

Claire

The all-in-one PDF tool

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

When this product works well, it's amazing. The look and feel and GUI is really easy for end users. The addition on Acrobat Sign is fantastic and I can see this being a USP for Acrobat going forward.

Pros

Acrobat Pro DC has more features than I know what to do with! The news of the heightened features around Sign is a welcome one, but the massive price hike is not!

Cons

Deployment of Acrobat and of Sign can be a little cumbersome, especially with the introduction of Business ID instead of Adobe ID. Plus the price is getting to be quite high.

Larry
  • Industry: Accounting

Adobe Acrobat a very useful software for professionals

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

The overall experience is very good. Adobe Acrobat allows me to Edit, convert and use more productively than other services.

Pros

I like how the software is simple to use and edit. There are a lot of useful features like text box. And since it's simple it's very easy to use and edit pdfs. Printing is also simple and there are a lot of useful features that come with Adobe Acrobat that make this software worth using.

Cons

The software that i use only allows two users at once. Also opening an app sometimes isn't very necessary because it wastes a little bit of time.

Arturo
  • Industry: Events Services

The PDF Standard

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Edit PDF documents

Pros

It's the standard. Just open and with ease edit a document in PDF

Cons

It is expensive to me, compared with other similar softwares

Foxit PDF Reader

Beacuse of his reputation
Traci

Awesome software for reading documents!

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

Pros

I love that I can share data across my team and with customers in a format that we're all aligned on.

Cons

I wish Abobe had the ability to be more collaborative, and instead of having multiple copies of the same document, that we could edit together or view a change history.

Andrew
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ubiquitous to this day

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Overall it's what you'd expect, gripes aside this is the standard for a reason. There are other options out there, but given the feature set and how the .PDF is basically Adobe's file format, you aren't really conceding to anything but perhaps the cost when you hop into this. If you can get educational or non-profit pricing on this, it is much better than an outright retail license. Would like to see an enterprise or non-profit professional version that was optional to make deployment on a large scale a bit more flexible.

Pros

Being the program natively associated with .PDF (though others TRY and take control of them in the OS), I like that core features and anything new associated with the format will be available in Acrobat. Document consolidation is fantastic, and then the OCR function is actually pretty robust, coming in very handy for less tech-savvy users. While you do want people to grasp some of the fundamentals for PC use, it's nice to have an advanced feature like that to assist in a pinch, instead of having to explain why that's an odd thing to ask a PC.

The security features are also excellent, assisting a lot with users handling sensitive legal documents.

Cons

Deployment is my biggest gripe, as doing large-scale installation is fine...as long as you have a volume license key under single key. My organization uses multiple keys depending on the department and/or center they operate out of. This is very difficult as installation during our WDS imaging would be quite helpful, but we can't if the license key differs. This was our decision, but the price we receive as a non-profit has to be structured this way to receive the best value. It is both our fault and not our fault.

One trend that I would love to see completely cease is the incessant "Please sign in" or "You need to sign in" garbage after a license key has been applied. I've shown that the software has been paid for and this is a professional environment. We have plenty of features for document and key backup in place, we do not need for our users to get confused thinking they have to create an account simply trying to launch the software. Having to intervene during an installation only takes time out of my day that could be spent helping other users. I realize this is a nitpicky gripe, but this is such a common trend with software and I feel it needs to stop unilaterally. If it's ACTIVATED and doesn't require internet connection to run, please STOP trying to get usage information from our users.

Arshad
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Adobe Acrobat DC, the most powerful PDF Document Creater.

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Adobe Acrobat DC is without any doubt the most powerful and efficient of all PDF manager. It has a pleasant interface and hosts all most every tool you can think of for creating and editing a pdf document. As a document reader it has a minimal interface and leaves a lot of space for you to view your documents. The print support and optimization is also excellent.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC is a powerful PDF manager, that lets you create and edit PDF documents. It loads pretty fast and allows you to break down a PDF document and convert it to any format according to your needs. It enables you to upload PDF documents and divide or merge them with other documents. Adobe Acrobat includes a large number of features and functions due to which it is equally useful for everyone regardless of their professional background. You can also use it for reformatting scanned documents. It works perfectly wheter you use it offline or in the cloud. Copying text is easy in it. It also converts Word document to PDF with just a few clicks. It offers different security options to protect document content.It provides a complete toolset for document collaboration and markup while maintaining the original and allows for easy document sharing for viewing on all device types regardless of the document source. It also has an inbuilt e signature feature for files which saves you from using costly third party apps for the purpose.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat DC comes with a quite hefty price tag in comparison to other similar apps. It takes quite some time to get used to it and is not the best option for novice users. Also its support for iOS is somewhat limited which needs to be enhanced to its standard.

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Gold Standard For Documents

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

You can view, annotate, sign, and print documents created in PDF format. It does its job perfectly with several outstanding features. I think the premium pricing is the only limiting factor for this piece of software.

Pros

1. It is a perfect tool for viewing and printing PDF documents, ideal for sharing business-related information.
2. You can request signatures from other users or sign the document to verify its contents. You can fill and sign as per document requirements, helping collect information from different users.
3. The document cloud feature lets you save your PDF files on remote servers for easy retrieval anytime. You can access documents shared by you, shared by others, scans saved by you in Adobe Scan, and all online PDF docs by signing in to a free account.
4. It lists recently accessed files in the recent tab, helping you locate a specific file quickly.
5. You can zoom in on files without distorting the contents. There are several navigation tools for easy file viewing, especially relevant for large files.
6. When you print a file, you have a lot of flexibility to increase size, margins, print in reverse, print odd or even pages. You can print in poster style, booklet style, or multiple pages, especially relevant for large pictures and brochures.
7. The help section lets you go through complete tutorials to learn its various features.
8. Security features like passwords, digital signatures, and encryption set high standards for competing products.
9. You can upgrade to other versions to edit and convert your documents to different formats, join or split documents. That saves you a lot of time.
10. It works across different hardware and software platforms. You can use the mobil

Cons

1. Its premium pricing may dissuade a particular section of users who are anyway getting cheaper options elsewhere.
2. The free version does not offer the most basic and functional features like editing and join/split options which is disappointing for most users.

Ronnie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Creating and Collecting Gone Wild

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

We don’t have staff dedicated to using Acrobat DC on a daily basis. This is because the benefits of the software allow us to spend minimal time creating documents and forms, which can then be easily distributed to the proper recipients. We may not use it every day, but that is only because it works so well. The creation of forms that previously took hours of tweaking and changing only to come out less than perfect is now a simple procedure that our staff can complete without spending inordinate amounts of time trying to “figure out” what to do.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC has been a vital addition to our office. It integrates seamlessly into our current work environment to the point that many staff members do not even realize that we are using it. For the staff members who do use it, their unanimous response is that there will be an uprising if we cancel the subscription to the software. The ability to edit PDFs, create dynamic forms for client questionnaires, collect esignatures, and utilize OCR makes it a necessity for many departments. The staff that create the forms love the ability to easily create forms quickly that can then be distributed amongst the staff. The staff that send out the applications rave on the features that allow them to collect signatures and collate data in a fraction of the time it previously took. We don’t look at Adobe as a software program but as an employee—and one that works more efficiently at a lower cost.

Cons

Our clients who are not computer savvy seem to be averse to using Adobe Reader DC to fill out documentation. Having an interface option that resembles other popular word processors would ease that burden, but it is by no means a deal-breaker when it comes to evaluating whether to retain our license.

Mariam
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The best way to work with pdf files

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

Adobe Acrobat DC allows us to swiftly and simply fill out and sign PDF forms, as well as amend and return PDF documents to clients and partners through email. As a result, the software increases our efficiency while also improving the client experience. Over the medium and long term, we anticipate the software application will assist decrease printing and courier expenses. Adobe is a must-have for both official and personal use due to day-to-day duties. Its storage features, in particular, have made it on my list of must-have apps.

Pros

I enjoy how simple it is to use, how many useful tools it has, how papers can be updated, how electronic signatures can be added, how you can clip photographs, add documents, and divide them, and how each tool is simple to use. They also make your regular tasks a lot simpler. I believe that each new version is far superior to the previous one, since it adapts to the contemporary demands of office job and education. The ability to quickly alter documents, including adding and changing information (text or pictures), inserting electronic signatures, rearranging pages, and connecting and splitting documents. Furthermore, it is software that has never caused me any issues while viewing PDF files (it displays any format correctly) and allows me to quickly check the certifications of the papers I get.

Cons

While editing documents, the location of test components might shift, making it difficult to reposition them. It also fails to correctly render the font of new edits. On many features, there isn't enough marketing and documentation. It may also be made to be a bit cheaper. There are a variety of features available, depending on how they are used. It's a little difficult to go back and forth between these functions. There are certain problems with text scanning that cause some characters to be misinterpreted. The cost of Adobe Acrobat DC licence is slightly greater, and the free version provides very restricted functionality to the user. Apart from that, the features, facilities, and user compatibility are excellent.

Lynn
  • Industry: Law Practice

Costly but necessary

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Overall, I don't think I could do business efficiently (or at all) without Adobe. It is required for so many websites that I interact with, as well as forms that I need to download for my law practice. I am not happy that it is an ongoing subscription instead of a flat fee, but ultimately it is worth having.

Pros

I like all the functions that are available in Adobe (I have been using Adobe Acrobat DC, which might be a different version of Adobe Reader DC). Adobe has a lot of functionality and it relatively easy to use. It is a necessity for doing business in my opinion because so many downloads and websites require it.

Cons

I don't like that I have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I would prefer to pay one flat fee for a product instead of paying in perpetuity for it. Also, I have run into a few snags with the functionality of it. When filling in documents, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes - fonts change, spacing changes, typing goes vertical instead of horizontal. It can be frustrating at times.

PDFill

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat

I made the switch very reluctantly from PDFill because I needed more functions than PDFill offered. I liked PDFill (especially the one-time low price), and was slow to "upgrade" to the more expensive and sophisticated Adobe, but ultimately, I had to in order to keep up with the technology in practicing law.

PDFill

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

t has more functionality than PDFill, and Adobe is the premiere name in pdfs. I don't know what else I would use based on the universal usage of Adobe.
Adam
  • Industry: Legal Services

Use the standard to get it done right

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Lawyers can save tons of time by using a document naming and organization scheme that includes scanning to .pdf using Adobe Acrobat DC. Adobe Acrobat DC is the best for .pdf

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC integrates well with google drive that can pull up a .pdf on my phone in seconds.

Cons

Changing from a personal to a team account was a bit redundant, but okay. Once that was done it was cool to have a little picture pop up when people edited things.

Kofax Power PDF

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat

Signatures, sharing, and standardization.

Kofax Power PDF

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat is the standard software for .pdf's in the legal industry.
Allan
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A very complete and total PDF solution

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

Adobe Acrobat has been a very useful tool for me and my team. It allows us to collaborate seamlessly in working together to edit documents. We no longer have to contend with document formatting challenges we face when we collaborate to edit document in Word. There has been an overall improvement in document consistency and turn around time since we began using Acrobat for most of our pdf needs.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat offers a complete and total package for working with pdf files. One of my favorite features in Acrobat is the ability to edit text directly in the original document without even needing to struggle to identify the source font because the program is smart And powerful enough to do all that for you.

Cons

The product license issues and frequent update notifications that never seem to go away can be very distressing. And it’s also a bit more expensive. But I guess it’s worth it for the quality it offers.

Grace
  • Industry: Public Policy

Very useful for document management and team collaboration

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Prior to discovering these very unique features (merging, splitting, rearranging, etc.) in Adobe Acrobat, sharing source research material with team members meant attaching 15 separate files with 5 more written pages on which pages were useful or relevant. Now, I can directly split them and combine only the relevant pages into much lighter documents. Plus annotation feature allows me to add notes directly into sections -- which have combined to reduce our time on task for reports almost by 25%.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat has very advanced features to make every aspect of working on PDF files and other formats as effective as possible. My favorite features will have to be my most commonly used ones -- the document merge and rearrange functions. They allow me to compile research referencing materials quite easily into single documents for easier usage.

Cons

Pricing for product suites is quite high, with too many routine product updates. Also product licensing for team can be a bit complicated to get around.

Aaron

Powerful PDF editing, but very expensive

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

Editing/annotating PDF's is a vital need for many individuals and especially businesses. While Acrobat DC is a great tool, its price can be quite prohibitive. As such, while using Acrobat DC is in and of itself a good experience, when taking into consideration its price, Acrobat DC ends up as a subpar experience.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC is an incredibly powerful PDF editor, supporting pretty much every feature you can imagine when it comes to PDF editing. These features include basic tools, such as deleting/adding/reordering pages, and adding annotations to more advanced functions such as editing existing text, deleting elements on the page, and creating fillable forms. Fillable forms in particular is a very powerful tool, with Acrobat attempting to automatically detect form fields within a PDF. In addition, Acrobat DC supports digital signatures.

allowing you to edit vast majorities of a PDF including existing text. You can create fillable forms from an existing PDF that does not have fillable forms.

Cons

The main downside to Acrobat DC is its price - $15/month in perpetuity. For a program that is designed to do one thing (and it does that one thing quite well), $15/month is quite expensive. Furthermore, Acrobat DC's interface is extremely dense and can be hard to navigate. Finally, creating fillable forms can be a lesson in frustration when Acrobat's auto form detection fails.r

CutePDF

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

Acrobat DC IS NOT my PDF editor of choice. For Mac users, Readdle PDF Expert is a fantastic option, supporting nearly everything Acrobat DC can do (outside of creating fillable forms) at a significantly lower price ($100 for a lifetime license).
Irfan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Create and Edit PDF files Without Hassle

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Adobe Acrobat is an essential tool that we use all the time. Our program schedules are prepared in PDF and it is also used to compile advertisements plans. We need to revisit these documents and make many changes after the first draft is created, and it's all done in Adobe Acrobat. It is also used to view and print documents. Over the past several years, Adobe has had a positive impact on our business and played its part in the overall growth cycle.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is an excellent software to view PDF files. It lets you save your documents on Cloud and view them from anywhere. Once a document is opened in the application, you can directly send it to email, or take out prints. Adobe Acrobat has a great repertoire of helpful tools. Using its easy interface, you can create a PDF, combine files, organize forms and pages, edit documents, export single pages or multiple pages, and enhance your documents with rich media. Document review options are simply awesome. Adding comments and notes, highlighting text in different colors are the most used features at my company. I particularly love the side-by-side comparison feature that immensely helps with my work.

Cons

It is a bit pricey as we have also used Fixit Reader to do a similar job. Moreover, learning how to use Adobe Acrobat for its full benefits, is a tedious job. Some of my colleagues can't put their finger on Acrobat finding it quite messy and complicated. Nevertheless, everyone for their own.

Vikram
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Systematized PDF software with top notch features

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

The Adobe Acrobat DC is quick and compatible with a wide range of file types, allowing you to edit PDF files quickly and save them in a variety of forms. Aside from that, it allows you to simply convert a document from Microsoft Office, such as word or power point, and at the same time, it allows you to join several PDF files, as well as re-arrange pages to correctly organize the file before saving and printing.
You may read, amend, and fill out forms, as well as use your e-signature to sign them. Even when using other online systems like Panda Doc and Docu sign, the compatibility aspect and signature validation helps a lot, especially when working with several corporations.

Pros

1. Responsive Interface
2. Advanced encryption mechanism
9. Auto Complete Feature
10. Secure and optimize PDF's
11. Auto Signature feature
12. PDF Merge facility
13.Interactivity of designs with texts and graphics.
14. Pre-flighting files
15. Version control
16. Batch Processing
17. Pro factor in third party integrations
18. Auto Save feature

Cons

1. Lacks some high OCR proofreading tools
2. Cumbersome Program
3. No ePub format
4. UI needs to be customized.
5. Difficult to know the Rich feature set for beginners.
6. Bit Expensive.
7. Performance issues when handling the batch processing request
8. IPhone support is limited
9. File type conversion is bit clunky

Bill

I want my old Adobe Acrobat back!

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

We used adobe to create FDA drug applications. It was pretty quirky and did not always work well as the versions kept coming out faster than fecund bunnies. I have used Adobe since it first came out and the PDF format has proven to be the most reliable in terms of digital archive longevity. But although Adobe may have invented the format, there are many other options today that are far less expensive and good enough for everyday business use.

Pros

I do like the strength of the features in Adobe DC. It is extremely powerful and let’s you do almost anything you would ever need to do. The feature I use the most is the ability to move pages around, eliminate them altogether, or even combine with another document.

Cons

One has to launch no less than 10 apps to do what should be available from the main app. I was also never certain if I had launched the right app (the read only version does nothing but the launch icon is almost identical to the DC version). I also hated having to always switch from their “creative cloud” storage. AND Adobe subscriptions have become very pricey

ahmed
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Adobe Acrobat DC

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

My experience is very wonderful and I rely on it completely in my work and in my home and during my university studies I did not buy paper books and replaced them with a tambourine and increased work on it after I was on the phone
I am really grateful to this company, which is part of my daily entertainment, work and cultural life

Pros

• So useful for this day and age. I can set up fields I want filled, mark certain ones as required and then save & send for completion.
• Multiplatform (desktop, mobile, and web)
• Offers PDF editing and conversion options
• Fast high-quality output delivery
• Print to PDF
• Forms to fillable PDFs conversions
• PDFs to Office formats conversions

Cons

• Unfortunately, recently, my office has been fighting a battle with Reader DC which have forced us to go back and purchase older copies of Reader just to be able to do our daily tasks. For some reason, the newest updates have picked a battle with what seems to be certain HP print drivers, rendering all Windows processes extremely slow, especially upon printing.
• The trial period is short
• I've tried pulling images from PDFs using Acrobat DC and sometimes it works like a charm and other times it just doesn't work. It pixelates the image or it doesn't pull the entire thing.
• When converting files from PDF to Microsoft program, the quality is low and the format must be worked on again
• I wish Adobe could be more cost efficient.

Gregory
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Worth paying for, though you may not realise it

Reviewed on 04/03/2022

Though I used the free 'Reader' version for many years, I find myself using the full features of the paid version far more often than I would have expected, that is, on a semi-daily basis. It is the kind of tool that you never expect you need, until you do. For someone in my business (translation) who has to work with a wide range of documents of various types and qualities, it is more than worth the modest price tag.

Pros

Acrobat DC makes it quite easy to create, edit, and manage PDF files. I particularly appreciate the 'fill in and sign' feature, which has certainly saved me from having to print and scan several hundred pages of documents. The edit and rearrange features are invaluable in preparing documents for efficient translation or further processing. The OCR feature, while not as powerful as those provided by competitors such as Abby and Omnipage, is quite good for the price.

Cons

The interface seems a bit messy, with icons across top and side bars. It almost seems as if they took the Reader version and then added all the additional features to the side bar, cluttering up the interface. I find it quite annoying that the bar cannot be moved or hidden, especially when I am trying to work with several documents on one screen.

Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The new era of PDF editing and management

Reviewed on 13/03/2022

I have to deal with administrative documents that require my signature. ADobe helps me do it easily. Painless and hassle-free. And as a researcher, I work with old scanned documents. The OCR results I get from Adobe are of great quality. I couldn't imagine going back and getting horrible results.

Pros

1) OCR works very well and supports different languages. 2) Combining/merging documents is absolutely easy. 3) Signing documents without any problem.

Cons

I don't like the results when exporting to Word format. Instead of getting easy to handle text, you get lots of text frames and text, making it a pain to edit. I have found a solution: export to HTML first and then convert to Word. Or use other software. In the end, it's not that critical.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Online Media

Powerful PDF management features save time and frustration

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

We've solved multiple issues with Acrobat DC that were not solvable with other PDF management software. The efficiency with which DC performs basic and advanced PDF manipulation is unmatched. We've realized numerous benefits across features such as OCR, page extraction, document combining, and much more.

Pros

I like the ability to edit PDF documents. This proves to be an indispensable feature when preflighting print projects, fixing typos in Print ready files received from customers, etc. I also like the highly efficient PDF file size that Acrobat DC provides. It's pure wizardry.

Cons

I don't like the way the document cropping and resizing works. I feel that this feature could be simplified and drastically improved.

Luba
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellence does not come cheap

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

The ability to quickly create pdf's from scratch, converted from photoshop files, MS word documents and even web pages (see caveat) is pretty life changing. We have been paying for Creative Cloud for ages and only last year realized that Acrobat was part of the package.

Pros

Acrobat is kind of the gold standard - what with inventing pdf and everything. My favorite and most used feature is its seamless integration for the Adobe creative package which also includes photoshop, indesign, and illustrator. As a wholesale art and design firm, we are constantly creating customized catalogs and look books for prospective customers. Acrobat makes it incredibly easy to generate a unique wholesale catalog, tear sheet and order form using a combination of images and documents created in other Adobe products.

Cons

One thing that is missing that should be part of the Adobe software is the ability to create a long single-page PDF from a web page web page. Right now, when I bring over text from our online store, there is a page break that shows up every time Adobe recognizes an end of viewable screen. This makes a document that should only be two or three pages long ... turn into a small book. It's annoying that I have to manually undo the page breaks every single time. Adobe should recognize and eliminate that problem.