Windscribe Reviews

Windscribe

Write a Review!
Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.3/5

Tim
Tim
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Pros

I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Cons

The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

Orlando
Orlando
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A very fast VPN

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Pros

I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Cons

I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

Candace
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Windscribe is an open source VPN!

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

The benefits of using Windscribe include being able to protect IP address while surfing the web. Other benefits of using Windscribe include disabling internet connectivity. Additional benefits of using Windscribe include three diverse monthly plans that unlock locations and IP addresses. Benefits of using Windscribe include being provided 1.7 GB of none chargeable data. Overall, companies such as PayPal and American Express trust the brand or company.

Pros

Windscribe is an open source VPN. Windscribe selects a random IP address for the user. Windscribe is available for Windows or MacBook operating systems. Windscribe offers various features such as an extension for any web browser. Windscribe is only 42.5 MB in file size. Windscribe allows user to select LAN traffic with firewall available.

Cons

Windscribe can allow users to enable proxy gateway. Windscribe launches on start up but user can modify within preferences. Windscribe interrupts the natural server or internet connection. Windscribe online account remains logged in as the user after two days of accessing the account and turning off the application. Windscribe maintains payment information and usernames as well as email addresses after discontinuing services.

Karambir Singh
Karambir Singh

Affordable VPN for Router

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

All-in-all, Windscribe was well worth the effort to configure OpenVPN. They are dedicated to providing a high level of service.

Pros

I can configure my router to access Windscribe via OpenVPN. That way, all devices on my WiFi network benefit without the necessary effort required to install VPN software

Cons

The documentation for configuring OpenVPN on my router was nonexistent and support could not direct me to appropriate resources. I was able to find documentation and determine the right settings through trial-and-error.

Joshua
Joshua

Perfect speeds for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

Overall, Windscribe has passed my test. They have very affordable monthly (annually, too) payments. I have never had an issue with connection speed in my years of using their service.

Pros

Windscribe is very clear about their privacy policy. They do not store any logs that can be tied back to the VPN subscriber. There are numerous VPN locations all with great latency. I also appreciate that they have made it possible for subscribers to be able to pay via cryptocurrency.

Cons

Their software for MacOS is sometimes finicky. I also wish that they supported PPTP and/or L2TP so that I could configure it manually in my operating system.

Kim
Kim

Great VPN for Marketers

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

I use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct.

I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.

Pros

It has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN.

Connection is usually fast and trouble free.

It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup.

It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.

Cons

I do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.

Keith
Keith

“Easy Install VPN“

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Windscribe is a virtual private network that help Wifi to work better with your mobile and computer devices. It secure your privacy while you are browsing the web.

Pros

The VPN can connect to nearly all the countries in the world. I like that it offer large GB and it does not take up any resources on your computer.

Cons

I notice that some of the countries like Atlanta, Kansas, and Boston require you to enroll into a subscription plan.

Kerby
Kerby
  • Industry: Consumer Services

When security is a must.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

I love this product i have it installed on all my devices. It's my always on VPN on my phone. Wouldn't trade it.

Pros

This product is absolutely amazing. Works on just about any platform. Some of the best security available and fits into any budget.

Cons

My only problem is that there's not more servers. It has a great choice i just wish there was more location specific servers.

Joysurjya
Joysurjya
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Brilliant in terms of Speed and Cost - Great Alternative to NordVPN

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

I primarily started using windscribe when I shifted to a Macbook air. I was already using TunnelBear and found it pricey. I tried out the free version of Windscribe and stuck with it since because the monthtly quota on the free version was a lot more than what Tunnel Bear offered. Although sometimes the speeds can reduce by a large margin, I still continue to use windscribe because it's simple.

Pros

1. Even on the free version, the monthly data quota which you get while using Windscribe is a lot more than most other 'Free' VPNs.
2. It is really user friendly. Just install, select location and turn it on and you are up and running.
3. Supports multiple platforms. I use it on my Windows PC, my macbook air and my android smartphone as well.

Cons

1. Some servers although listed as the best possible one, reduce speeds by a large margin.
2. A lot of the regular servers don't unlock Netflix regions. So if you're looking to access the US or UK netflix, you might have to look elsewhere.

NordVPN
Ozan
Ozan

Easy to use VPN solution

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

Pros

Windscribe is a very easy yo use VPN solution that works on couple of platforms like MacOS and Chrome extension. Especially Chrome extension is really good and easy to use. There are various countries and servers should be connected in free version and more on the paid version.

Cons

Free version serves adequate locations and servers but the connection interrupts very often. And mostly cannot connect the same server again.

The best vpn

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Cons

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

NordVPN

Reasons for Choosing Windscribe

Better service, better price.

TunnelBear

Reasons for Switching to Windscribe

Price.

My favortie VPN on the list

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Pros

Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Cons

nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

Marie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Anonymize your web browsing.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox).
2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it.
3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data.
4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web.
5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.

Cons

So far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).

Samuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

It's a product of high quality but not without it's flaws

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

I have no complaints per se. I have had a blast using the app and I intend to keep it that way.

Pros

Perhaps the best thing about Windscribe is that I have been a member of their free tier plan from the start. I will never have to pay for a VPN subscription again. The 60 GB free tier plan is sufficient for what I need and works just like the pro plan. Using the 60 GB plan has been fantastic but not without some noticeable flaws.
The best part is that is set to auto-renew every month.

Cons

It failed to pass undetected on some sites with sophisticated algorithm software. I ran multiple tests on my android device while Windscribe was active and my location was visible.
I had issues, particularly with the US servers. It's only fair that would be the case since most people use this server more often than others.
I read on their website that you have to use the browser extension in conjunction with the desktop app for optimal performance. While this bit of information is valuable, It does cause some issues for me; It often consume more of my computer's battery than it should.

If you are on a data cap, expect to have them reset it early

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Pros

Windscribe provides decent VPN speeds and an easy to use Mac OS widget. They claim to keep no logs, but I haven't researched heavily into their log retention policies and practices. If you refer friends, they will increase the data cap that you currently have (if you are not unlimited)

Cons

For data cap plans, they often reset the data counter well before the end of the month (sometimes 5 days before). This is a bummer if you were planning on utilizing the remaining data in your cap space the last 5 days of the month only to find that you are now reducing the next months data. Additionally, they are located in California, USA, which can be a cause for concern for privacy minded individuals.

Response from Windscribe

We are not based in California, we're in Toronto, Canada.

As for the caps, you can always upgrade to a paid plan, which has no caps.

Rob

Excellent VPN both for Desktop and Mobile

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

It allows me to work worry-free from coffee shops and on shared WiFi, safe in the knowledge that my information is secure and not being snooped on. It's fantastic in that respect, and I trust it.

Pros

I was pleased to learn that I didn't have to register any personal information with Windscribe when I signed up for this VPN. The connection is fast and reliable, and I really like the Firewall feature will means that (when turned on), my device is not going to connect to the Internet without the VPN protection.

Cons

When I take a break from work I like to catch up with the news on BBC iPlayer. Unfortunately, Windscribe doesn't always reliably connect to BBC iPlayer, and I get the 'content is not available in your location' message. Often, disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN works, but this can be frustrating.

Chris
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solid VPN & Great Value

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Overall, I would recommend Windscribe if you don't mind the emails you'll receive from the Windscribe team.

Pros

Windscribe offers a great amount of features and a solid, reliable service for the price. I consider it the best valued VPN on the market.

Cons

Customer support is lacking, but fortunately it hasn't been much of an issue because the service is solid. Also, the marketing emails sent from the company often include sarcastic humor and lean on the side of immaturity and unprofessional behavior.

Solomon

Windscribe VPN Review

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I love Windscribe vpn and it use it daily.

I love Windscribe vpn and it use it daily.

Pros

Windscribe Vpn is a great vpn. It is fast and secure. It has servers that are dedicated for streaming and unblocks geo-restricted content and yes it still works with Netflix. It can also work with hulu and disney plus. Another great feature is that it now has the wireguard protocol which is secure and very. Fast. Windscribe is also relatively cheap compared to other vpns on the market.

Cons

The only negative i could think about is the interface. It could be designed a bit better as it maybe complicated for some people to understand.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Changing your IP more easy with Windscribe

Reviewed on 14/03/2020

A big thump for Windscrible and highly recommended for everyone. You can surf hassle-free internet for a fair price.

Pros

I'm working design firm and most of my clients are foreigners. So browsing with different IP for some purposes essential for me and with "Windscribe" it is so easy for me. Can change the IP addresses with one click and I did not face any consequences for connecting the service. Windscribe offered interpreted service with high-speed and also available numerous locations. Customer support also good for this service.

Cons

I don't have any Cons regarding Windscribe because every time it works fine for me. Hoping more offers will be provided for fair prices in future.

Je-vaughn
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great software would recommend

Reviewed on 11/07/2021

Pros

Windscribe is an overall great software, I like the fact that it’s fast, it makes accessing restrict website/data very easy. It’s overall the best software for privacy. It’s a daily use for me!

Cons

Even though it’s generally a fast software it makes my browser slower sometimes, however it’s not very often.

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Outstanding VPN with excellent free option

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Great VPN to ensure internet privacy with a comprehensive free option as well as additional paid services.

Pros

Unlike most VPNs, Windscribes free subscription does have a full VPN. This VPN integrates seamlessly into normal internet use, although it doesn't work with some streaming services. Additionally, the Windscribe staff are incredibly funny and send humorous emails frequently.

Cons

Although uncommon, certain streaming services, such as netflix, do not seem to work with Windscribe.

Jeff

Top VPN Top Support

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

This wasn't solving a problem other than feeling like I can browse the Internet without someone tracking and/or knowing exactly what I was doing. The privacy is worth the membership.

Pros

I really like how the creator Yegor is still very much involved with the product. It isn't very often that you can get one on one support from the creator of a product. This is the best VPN I have used. I also appreciate how upfront Yegor and the team is on their privacy policies.

Cons

I had to really think about this, but the only thing I could think of is maybe improve/update the documentation a bit. This is really just a nit pick though.

Best Free VPN!

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

If you need a VPN service from time to time or just want privacy when surfing the web, Windscribe is the perfect option. Whether you use the generous free amounts of data each month or are paying for unlimited, Windscribe will not disappoint.

Pros

I love how easy Windscribe makes it to browse the web privately. I love that Windscribe gives you ways to increase your monthly free amount. I love having 15GB of data to use each month. The application is easy to install, easy to configure, and super simple to use. Other applications can be tricky to install and configure and won't give you near as much free data use. Windscribe is the best hands down.

Cons

I've never had a problem connecting to the service or with the application itself. Updates have always worked fine.

Dhanushka
Dhanushka

A fast VPN for a every low cost.

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Windscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.

Windscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.

Pros

It has been a couple of months since I started to use Windscribe products. I was using lots of VPNs before, so far this is the best VPN I've ever found because Windscribe provides some aweome services for a very low cost to their clients. As an example, usually you have to pay around 10$ - 40$ per month for a VPN but the cool thing is, with Windscribe you can customize the VPN's feature according to your budget. That means if you want to have a VPN for 2$ per month you can do that with Windscribe. When it comes to features, they have tools to block ad trackers and web beacons, strong encryption methods, Web browser extension and desktop application suitable for all the operating systems, and much more...

Cons

Sometimes their customer support bit slower than I thought.

O. Kelvin
O. Kelvin

The Best VPN So Far

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Windscribe enables me to connect all my devices simultaneously, there's no limit to the amount of devices you can connect. This is one thing I really love about Windscribe.

Pros

I currently use Windscribe for all my devices, VPN usage has never been this easier for me.

It connects easily on all my devices, my internet connection speed remains fast, I surf all pages flawlessly.

I have even went on to recommend windscribe to my students.

Keep up the good work.

Cons

Nothing really, but it won't be bad if we have more servers.