VideoPad

Write a Review!
Video making and editing software

4.2/5

• Industry: Information Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple & Lightweight Video Editor

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

There is a lot to like about VideoPad. It is simple, straightforward, easy to install, and does not need a lot of PC resources.

Pros

I've been using VideoPad for a long time and thoroughly love working with it. It is quite simple to edit 360 videos using VideoPad. You could even write your own music to accompany the video.

Cons

The visual effects of VideoPad are basic. Also, the audio editing is puzzling and difficult. There are occasionally issues with export and import.

Jim Paul
Jim Paul

VideoPad for Easy and Convenient Video Editing

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

I would give this software 3.5 out out of 5 stars because despite its basic features, it still stands out as a convenient tool that doesn't require much effort learning its buttons. The interface is so user-friendly and is a top-of-the-line application among video-editing tools.

It's not that pricey, that's why anyone can just afford it. And if you're lucky, you might be able to buy a premium version at a discounted price.

For a classroom teacher like me, I don't need high-end software other than a basic video-editing app like this. It works best for me because I'm able to accomplish much (creating video lessons for my classes) with less effort. It's super time-saver! Quality videos created with efficiency-- all thanks to VideoPad!

Pros

I like the easy-to-use features of VideoPad software because I find them convenient for newbies like me. In fact, it didn't take long for me to get the hang of the buttons because they are just plain and simple. The app is classic and is super user-friendly!

Also, there is pretty much a wide array of downloadables to choose from ranging from background templates, audios, transitions to font styles, stickers, and other effects. I also love the fact that the software allows users to update its system once in a while until a certain period of time where the user must purchase it again. By the way, I did avail the product at a discounted price, which makes this software really amazing.

Cons

For all the good things the VideoPad software has, unfortunately, it also comes with some disadvantages, one of which is its limitations when it comes to its effects and other elements. The functions of the tools are just plain basic, that if in case one wonders going technical or advanced in its video presentation, this application is not the one I would recommend. However, I could suggest that for optimum utilization, this can just be used as an easy-to-use software to complement other products out in the market, because this app also has other features that some tools don't have.

Kim

When it works - it's awesome

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Pros

It's very easy to use and learn. It's has fine possibilities as a editor.

Cons

When the company come with a new version ($40 one more time) the SAVE files starting to corrupt and the old version stops working and crashing. First time I thought of it as a coincidence, second time... Today I lost 20 hours of work and I guess my students just have to wait 20 hours for a new version and I have to go all nighter.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Kim,

We apologize for the frustrations this may have caused. When editing, did you experience an error message? Our Support Team would love to hear from you. They are always available to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Heidi
Heidi

Much More Functional Than Similar Priced Software

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I really like VideoPad. After struggling with other similar software I find it a huge relief to use their interface. When I create Intros, I go to other software to do that and bring it into VideoPad. But that's the only thing I create elsewhere. Much more robust and a lot easier to use than Wondershare Filmora.

Pros

I love that it's possible to create multiple video and audio tracks all layered. Wondershare Filmora does not allow this (!).
It's also possible to drag the tracks right and left on the timeline. Wondershare Filmora, for example, does not allow this either which makes it very challenging to do anything complex. So Videopad supports complex videos with many layers, which is what I always end up creating.
This software was the easiest video software for me to learn to use. The user interface is generally intuitive.
It has a lot of different kinds of transitions - definitely adequate for anything I plan to do
It has a lot of adjustment tools - ways to adjust the video color etc. - for the price.

Cons

It doesn't have as good intros as other software (Filmora Wondershare and Typito have way better intros)
Once a transition vanished from my video and even with emailing Help I couldn't ever future out a way to fix it. I had to do that part of the video in another program ultimately which was super inconvenient. But this is the only time that ever happened. Ever since transitions have always stayed.
The Help responses were slow and none of them helped. But at least people are there and do answer at least part of the time.

Pravin
Pravin

VideoPad review

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

Pros

VideoPad is user-friendly and has more feathers in this software-like effect. We can export the video in whatever quality we want like Burn DVD, Export Movies, Multiple Resolutions

Cons

The audio capabilities would have been better. The free version is only limited tools and we cant explore many tools in free version

Jayla
  • Used for Free Trial

App Is Amazing for Beginners!

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

This app was helpful for YouTube videos until I had issues with rendering the video.
Back when I...

Back when I used it it reminded me of early 2000's movie makers. Not bad over all but just didn't work out for me.

Pros

I really enjoyed this app! Easy to use, Free no water marks, easy to use. When you have the feature to render it comes out in ok quality. I love the most that its free and easy to use. I'm not the hugest fan of this app but I would recommend it for school projects or quick slide shows. The app si very useful for starters.

Cons

The program doesn't render videos after a while, less features than I hoped to have like in the transition effects.

Osanda
Osanda
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple video editing software

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used.
-This is very easy to use
-This is very user-friendly

using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

Joe
Joe
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Underrated yet still very powerful

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

7/10

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use
-Updates have improved over the years
-Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques
-Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive
-Lots of manual processes that take many steps
-Intimidating for beginners
-caching sometimes is an issue

Savannah
Savannah
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Pros

I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Cons

My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Savannah,

Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface
If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
NCH Software Team

Grato
Grato

Is a very easy to use, practical and functional editor

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

With videoPad you do not need to be a professional in editing, it is practical, functional and intuitive. I not only use it to edit video, I can also edit an audio file and change its format

Cons

It is an excellent editor but with basic and limited functionalities. If what you want is to do simple jobs, it is a great option

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

VideoPad delivers when it comes to both both audio and video editing

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Pros

To start with, the menu bar looks somewhat familiar to a Microsoft office tool. I know, that may sound funny being said of a video editing software, but it made me feel at home with it. This allowed me to settle down easily and learn the program. Most of the Important tools are well laid out on the menu bar for easy access. When I imported my video files including the images and audios, I liked how VideoPad organized them into their respective bins without the need for me to create footage folders. This software is simplified and yet punches well above its weight. I would recommend it to anyone at any video editing skills level.

Cons

I experienced some freezes here and there which probably could be related to my computer hardware configuration.

Mohammad Ismail
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The Best VIDEO Editing Software Ever.

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Excellent and I really love using it because it is easy to navigate on its platform, the Software is too Friendly that you will learn more technique in film editing a very-very short time and you will produce a unique and professional Films as if you are a Film Director.

Pros

The most important feature of this software is the easyness of USER to navigate in all features and effects of Film Editing that includes Cropting,Scaling, positioning,transparency, GreenScreen, use of Filters and many more features that will satisfy your Editing needs and Requirements to produce - AV Films.

Cons

The Software is Good but sometimes I experience some bugs that bothers my Editing and rendering.

Syed

‘VideoPad is a dynamic and user-friendly tool’

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

As I mentioned, I like to use Video Pad and this is more purposeful than similar priced produced. So, my overall experience with VideoPad is very good.

Pros

I am using VideoPad for a long time and I totally enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became an interesting job for me. Because this tool allows you to choose a different video format. So that you can make the perfect videos for YouTube which increases the possibility of more view of the video. I would say this is a great advantage of using this tool. To edit 360 videos with VideoPad is super easy. I like to be creative with my videos and export those in a different format is a great option for me.

Cons

I wish if they could have more features and functions. Sometimes, I also observed to export different videos is a slow process. However, I think it’s a helpful tool and cost-effective.

Response from NCH Software

Hi there, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed review. This is incredibly helpful. We wanted to let you know we've taken the good and the bad elements you've mentioned in your review to heart. -NCH Software Team

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used for 6-12 months

A must have for editing any video

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pros

The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Cons

All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

Response from NCH Software

Hello there, thank you for your feedback.

In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Crystal
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 2+ years

Almost lost me, got me back

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Overall I use this to create testimonial videos. I like that it is affordable with tons of features, and most of all, when I was having issues with the last upgrade, customer service fixed it for me in under 10 minutes. I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle and was considering buying another kind of software, but it was so easy to fix the issue.

Pros

I'm a novice, but I like that after a bit of learning, I could use it creatively with more options than I really needed

Cons

I feel like it is more on me as a novice user, but it take a long time to edit video!

Response from NCH Software

Hi there, Thank you very much for your balanced and fair review. We are glad that you are happy with VideoPad. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we will continue to make improvements on our next releases based on your recommendations. -NCH Software Team

German Liber
German Liber
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great video editor software option for beginners!

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

It's a nice option, but really expensive. And for the price, you could get something better. It's really cool for beginners, once you found your path through the program, things would be easier.

Pros

It has multiple formats and the output results are in a great quality. I really think it could be a great option for beginners in the video edition field. I'm a professional, but sometimes I use the app to make quick .mp4 videos. It features a DVD creator, and supports 3d video files. There are tools to export the files into different platforms as well. The interface is really clean and intuitive.

Cons

Not the easiest software out there. The learning curve might be a little hard. Effects like chroma key (green screen) looks kind of amateurish. It's overpriced.

Response from NCH Software

Hi Liber, We are constantly working to improve our products and greatly appreciate the feedback that you offer. If you need any assistance using this product, you could reach out to our Support team here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Poor customer support, no answer after 5 day wait. AND I PAID FOR THIS!

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Terrible customer service, after paid, they don't answer emails. Horrible Export Speed.

Pros

You can add clips easily, all the buttons function, so many features to ADD items but that's where it stops. See my CONS report on why.

Cons

Horrible upload speeds, 12-18 hours to export a 43-minute clip to youtube? TWO HOURS FOR A NINE MINUTE CLIP???

Are we serious here? We run a reality show on YouTube and have quickly realized this will cost us our fans if we can not upload our vids in time.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Kevin,

we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. It looks like you are experiencing a technical issue. The best resource to help troubleshoot the issue is our Support Team. They are always avialable here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

-NCH Software Team

Aaron
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Great tool for basic video

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

It is good for what I need it for. From time to time I do a short film for our church or a music video. It is easy for a novice to learn and to use without being overwhelmed by all the features a more robust software may have.

Pros

I like that the software is pretty easy to use and has enough features to make an effective video presentation.

Cons

The software takes a bit of time to be able to see a full preview of the video, at times it feels a little clunky in that department and can get frustrating when you are trying to finish a longer video.

Vignesh
Vignesh

VideoPad Review

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Pros

VideoPad is very user-friendly, and anyone can use this application. It does not require any training to work on this application we can export the video in which quality we want

Cons

VideoPad audio capability is not up to the mark. For beginners, this application is okay but for advanced person, it has less function compared to other application

Mark
Mark

Great for small edits

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Simple, effective solution for small edit jobs

Simple, effective solution for small edit jobs

Pros

I use mainly Final Cut Pro for most of my larger project, but when you need something simple and quick, VideoPad is my "go to" editor. It's simple interface makes it easy for someone maybe new to video editing, and for more professionals, its easy to put together something quick if your not looking for advanced features.

Cons

The obvious is the features. Not a full scale video editor, so you don't want to be editing a full feature film or project with this. Render speed is very slow, and takes quite a long time to upload your finished project.

Response from NCH Software

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly trying to improve our products, and your feedback is very important to us. I will pass them along to our developer. We do try to keep our software easy-to-use for everyone while providing all important functionality. You can also contact our Support Team by using the Help Menu on the main interface on your software. This menu is found on the upper right-hand corner of your screen. There you will find FAQ's, video tutorials and a link to our Support Team. Thanks -NCH Software Team

Katie
Katie

Steep learning curve

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Pros

the final product looks as good as you make it

Cons

Steep learning curve if you're new to editing. Sound problems

Response from NCH Software

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorial on VideoPad's basic tools and effects that can help ease your learning curve. You can find those here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html

If you have any questions, our Support Team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

-NCH Software Team

Anand
Anand
  • Industry: Management Consulting

VideoPad Review

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

Pros

It is very simply and easy to install, Interface is very good. Quality of the output is very good

Cons

The license period is just six months, and it must be updated every six months. In trial version there are limited option only available

Ben
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Perfect easy to use software

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Great, I needed something to be able to finish off editing a video and this was the perfect option. Likely to buy premuim version

Pros

Being completely free its the perfect option to be able to do video editing, paid versions with watermarks immediately push people away from the software however videopad does not have that problem

Cons

UI may seem a bit outdated to some so could do with some redesigning however it has all the functionality you need

Response from NCH Software

Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, If you would like you can suggest any tools or effects that might make our UI better. Kindly suggest your ideas here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NHC Software Team

Edward
Edward

A multifunctional tool very easy to use

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

I not only use it for video editing, but also for recording and editing audio. It is a very useful and easy to use tool, you do not need to be an expert.

Cons

The interface gives the impression of being an obsolete software and it really is not. They should add more video transitions

Francis Carolina
Francis Carolina

Simple and functional video editor

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Easy to use. It is economical, to be a paid video editor. Compatible with a variety of video formats. Being easy to use, you can save time, which you can expend to other projects.

Pros

It's easy to use, which is important if like you are an amateur in video editing. The interface is very intuitive despite this in English which is not my native language. It is a lightweight program and does not require an overly powerful computer. It is compatible with many video formats.

Cons

I consider that this software is more oriented to make amateur videos, tutorials or even simple videos for youtube. If you are looking for professional software to edit short films or audiovisual material for film and television, this tool is not for you. This tool is not so precise to cover, from frame to frame, the details that may have an error of origin at the time of recording. The effects library is not wide and clean compared to other professional software.