Adobe After Effects

Motion graphics and VFX solution for graphic designers

4.3/5
4.7/5
3.9/5
4.2/5

Roldan

Best Compositing, Video Editing and Effects Software so far. Except...

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Superb! I Have lots of profitable and memorable projects done with Adobe After Effects. If there is one software you need who can do Effects and Video Editing, After Effects is one whole package to root from. Highly recommended software for enthusiasts and aspirants.

Pros

- Major major pros for after effects is I guess it is one of a kind compositing software in the world that can act as effects composer and video editor as well. - Just think of it, it can do it - from MoGraph, to fairy dust effects, to 3D and 2D Animations.- It allegiance with Cimema 4D is one of my most coveted feature here. You won't be banging your head on the wall for simple to complex 3D effects, right there you have it.- Media support support and compatibility specially with Illustrator and Photoshop - seamless!

Cons

- Customer support. This software needs to be an American Company again. Customer support are just terrible. They lack product knowledge, lack empathy and they lack the right customer communication.- Steep learning curve. Which is understandable. Beautifully composed effects comes with a price to pay - learning-wise. So pay it!- Expensive. I don't agree with there subscription basis. They should bring back perpetual ownership of the software.

Camtasia and PowerDirector

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

Most video editing out there are good - but After Effects is best - only and only if you are willing to pay the price both the mental labor of learning it as well the as cost of the product.

Camtasia and PowerDirector

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

I need to be a pro video editor, so I made a switch After Effects. Some others like Camtasia and PowerDirector are simplistic and obviously for simple projects.
Zibusisozenkosi
  • Industry: Design

The software you ca use for Motion Graphics, 3D Modeling and Video editing.

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

I have been working for many people and companies
I have created 3D visualizations and then finished editing them in after effects.
I have designed logos, motion graphics for some twitch players and some induviduals who advertise their products on social media platforms

Pros

I like the flexibility of this software that it allows you to animate videos and images, and lets you combine color grade and lets you add effects to simulate fire smoke and a lot more. it can work in a studio for manipulating videos.

Cons

The loading time sometimes is the worst when you want to get started on a project right away
I haven't been able to import HVEC and HEIC formats onto the software.

Adobe Animate

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

I chose after effects over Animate because I was previously doing Videos Editing and found that I can do some motion graphics and video editing and visual effects on After effects

Sometimes the complex is simple

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

I like it!

Pros

My experience with this program is very good. I have to admit that at first it was very difficult for me to use it, but as time went by I loved the fact that it is compatible with other programs and how versatile it is. Thanks to this program I have been able to do a lot of audiovisual work.

Cons

It would be better if the option to illustrate within the program was optimized so that animators like me save more time when working.

• Industry: Entertainment

Whatever idea/concept you have - you can make it on this software

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

Likely the best editing software for amateur-professional video editors. It's so in-depth that I am still CONSTANTLY learning new things/features on this software and I use it almost daily. You can use it with other editing softwares as well.

Cons

It's a little hard to learn. The learning curve is steep, but once you learn the basics, it's pretty simple to catch on to new things.

Final Cut Pro

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

Bought a Mac. Ended up switching to Final Cut Pro and once I got comfortable with video editing on new hardware I began using After Effects for certain editing situations and have used it ever since!

VEGAS Pro
Marco
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best software to create animations

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

It was the best software I found to animate images for use in digital signage.

Pros

It is the best software to make animations. Personally I use it to make animations for digital signage. It really has a lot of options and produces excellent results.

Cons

It has some bugs and is very heavy. If you don't have a good machine, it will be very difficult to work with it.

Sabina
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe After Effects for Graphic Designers (who also animate)

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Pros

It's very well made for animations and video editing. Everything has its place and you can switch back and forth between various stages of animation / video making. You can adjust visuals, make effect, animations and also add fonts and edit sounds. Dream.

Cons

The timeline is sometimes little bit chaotic but I understand it's hard to improve that, because you need the complexity for bigger projects.

Prashant
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best VFX & Motion Graphic Software in market

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

The overall experience is just amazing with Adobe After Effects. I use it to animate my logos and text for my Intro videos which I post on my social media platform. This software increases my productivity.

Pros

The friendly user interface is best in Adobe After Effects. It's very easy to import different formats and start a new project. I use to add animation to my logos and text. Easy drag and drop of png files is the best option. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Adobe After Effects. The software is loaded with a variety of options and features for editing and new composition.

Parwinder

Best Video Editing and Animation Tools for everyone

Reviewed on 15/10/2022

I am using Adobe After Effects for more than 2 years and it has been an amazing experience for me. It helps me edit small stuff in videos. Making media content, animation presentations etc.

Pros

1) It's easy to use and learn.
2) Timeline is very easy to understand and use.
3) Applied filters are very easy to customize and manipulate.
4) Ram preview works awesome.
5) I love the shortcut keys that Adobe After Effects offers.

Cons

1) Rendering process inside Adobe After Effects is not so good. It makes file size very huge.
2) After Effects doesn't work very well.
3) obviously Pricing.

Deni

Turn your fantasy video into a masterpiece

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Very good, because the difficulty in learning Adobe After Effects can be solved with the wide reach of the Adobe After Effects community. Making lots of variations in techniques and methods that make my work better and more beautiful.

Pros

It varies greatly in stages and functions making videos more interesting and clear in their delivery.

Cons

It's hard to learn the first time you use it. Many stages are complex and you must understand more about computer storage systems because sometimes errors or errors come from file links that are broken due to deleted or moved folders or files.

Richard
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Create outstanding motion graphics with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Overall, this an Excellent motion graphics software and everyone who desires a great video intro just as the intro videos of Hollywood, Disney, Netflix, Apple etc. should try this.

Pros

The drag and drop feature of the software and also the ability to edit key frames to my own specification. The effects library also has a lot of different effects which makes me achieve an amazing video like I always wanted.

Cons

Adobe After Effect can be very complex if you are just starting with, the team can look into simplifying some process we go through to achieve certain special effects. Also, I don't know but if I try direct rendering from After Effect its very slow as compared to exporting to(adding to Queue in) Media Encoder

Camtasia

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

After Effects gives me more option to edit my video intro and outro.

Filmora

Because Adobe After Effect stands out
Sunjida
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Motion and Video Creating Software I have ever used.

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Adobe After Effects is one of the best video editing software in the current market. It integrates seamlessly with other Adobe software, making it easier to use. You can do nearly any kind of visual effects using this software and it would improve the post-production quality of the video. You can make an intro or high-quality outros for your videos and it's got a great overlay concept as well. It gives you total control, and it makes it easy for you to decide because you know what you want to do. I will recommend others to use it.

Pros

I have been using After effects for three years now for my video editing work and it has helped me a lot in my work. Adobe After-effects have all the capabilities possible for motion graphics, visual effects, compositing, and VFX. I enhanced my VFX skills with this software. It also features advanced tools like cutting Chroma keys, text animation, visual effects, motion, and movement tracking, and more. It can be a great tool for novices.

Cons

Sometimes, Adobe After Effect can be time-consuming for rendering if the computer is slow. But if we have a powerful machine, then it's certain that it can export within minutes. All other features are outstanding, with no negatives.

DaVinci Resolve

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

It doesn't have advanced features and can't meet my goal. The rendering time is so long.

Camtasia

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

Adobe is the most popular video editing tool and the user interface seems pretty cool and it is handy to use.
Chelsea
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Highly Recommended Video Editing Software!

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

I would say that in my case, the pros outweigh the cons. I love this video editing software as it can do a lot of things that other editing softwares that I've used cannot do. It has many features that allow the user to express their creative freedom and be as precise as they want to be with their projects. And not to mention, the software always promotes a professional-looking finished product.

Pros

I love this software because no other editing software that I've used compares to it. No other softwares have the number of available features that After Effects does. The capability to be as precise as I can when creating transitions and animations cannot be found in any other software. I also have the creative freedom to make as many changes and alterations to video clips and images with the number of special effects that are readily available to me. Furthermore, each of those special effects can be personalized and further edited. Needless to say, the possibilities are endless with this editing software.

Cons

The few things that I don't like about this software is that it is definitely not beginner-friendly. It is very intimidating at first sight. There are a lot of panels and buttons and as someone who started off as a beginner, I was immediately scared off after my first impression. Another feature that I don't like about After Effects is the Rendering feature. The new versions of After Effects got rid of the H.264 video format (which allows users to export their videos in HD) and in order to be able to use it, Adobe Media Encoder (another Adobe software) needs to be installed. It was completely unnecessary to get rid of this one very important feature, and I think it needs to come back. Having to download a whole extra application for this feature alone is absurd as it takes up too much space on my computer.

Now master 3D effects in Adobe After Effects.

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

An enjoyable experience, especially when mastering the program and learning 3D effects. At first, I struggled with it, but with daily practice, you will master it.

Pros

First, there is no comparison between Adobe After Effects with any other software when it comes to 3D effects.
One of the powerful features that I used a lot in the last period and loved is the feature - content fill aware - you can remove any object from the video and fill it with the background without feeling modified, you will not believe how powerful it is.
Adobe After Effects is very fast in dealing with files, and I noticed that it has been greatly improved in its latest versions.
It is true that in your projects you need to do difficult things that need a device with high specifications, but at the same time it is very good at dealing with files, and this helped me save my time.
And also one of the things that I use almost on a daily basis, which is writing on the video in a three-dimensional way, and the most beautiful thing is after making a track for the video so that it is more realistic.
Camera stabilization and vibration prevention. The After Effects program contains a built-in visual effects library, which distinguishes it from other editing programs.

Cons

One of the most prominent negative things about it is the difficulty of learning the program, I admit to you that I suffered from some thing in learning it until I almost mastered it, you need some time to master it and use it strongly
Also, it does not support some video formats.

Revanth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best ever Advanced software Video editing

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Adobe after effects is best class video editing software. Their are a lot of software for editing videos but with after effects you can do next level editing because not only their are a lot of inbuilt features but you can add more with help of plugins.

Pros

Adobe After effects is the best software for video editing. Complex and Advanced editing can done easily, it is like just built for creating Amazing video edits. Huge number of features are their for editing videos in
different ways. Not only a lot of features are their but we can add more custom features using Plugins. Rendering speed is also amazing.
When it comes for editing, to learn, it will take some time, the more complex or advanced your editing is, the more you have to learn as a beginner. Interface is best and maintenance of tabs with features are made to edit video faster and effective. So if their is a need for software to edit videos, After effects best ever choice and highly recommended.

Cons

If the system has lower specifications and suppose you are rending an highly complex video that is just edited, it will take very very long time to render and sometime software will even crash. So always it needs high specs system. System will heat up quickly not only while rendering but also during editing, so cooling device is must if you want to save the system's life.

Adobe After Effects - Good for VFX

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Pros

Adobe After Effects is amazing for creating VFX. It has tons of third party plugin support, and is easy to use.

Cons

However, it can be slow at times, and is not really great for anything other than VFX. I'd personally recommend Premiere Pro.

Final Cut Pro

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

Wanted to use a professional video editor for easier customer support access and more features

DaVinci Resolve

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

Widely used and good reviews
Jeremy

After Effects: The Gold Standard for Motion Design

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

I've been using AE for two decades now, and it is truly unrivalled in many ways. Despite some strong competition out there from Apple and BlackMagic Design, AE remains the industry standard, and for good reason.

Pros

The very best thing about After Effects is the sheer power under the hood. You can do everything from basic video editing & titles, to complex 3D rendering and motion tracking. And the tight integration with other Adobe apps, plus the familiar interface design will make jumping in easier for most industry professionals.

Cons

In After Effects, you have to hit "Render" to see even the most basic video playback, and as soon as you start adding any content to the timeline, you have to knock back the preview quality to 1/4, and wait, wait, wait for frames to render. This can make editing tedious.

Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

Industry standard quality and tight Adobe integration.
Priyansh
  • Industry: Animation

The cornerstone of our Video Editing Business

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Would say that this is the best software we found for editing and with plugins it is versatile enough to fulfill all our requirements.

Pros

We have been using After Effects for about 10 years now. We started with basic editing and with various plugins like Element 3D, we are able to create good animations all inside After Effects. I would say that there are a lot of pros:

1. Student discount and subscription model.
2. Very easy learning curve.
3. Amazing fluidity with other Adobe products.
4. Less system requirements to start.
5. Has hundreds of plugins.
6. Well documented on the Internet.

Cons

- There are various updates that occur periodically, often they might break a plugin.
- Crashes, there are at least 1-2 crashes a day.
- Bugs are still present in every iteration.
- Need Adobe Media Encoder to render.

VEGAS Pro, Final Cut Pro and Maya
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The #1 animation software

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

I've used After Effect for a long time and it's the best experience I've ever had in terms of creating animations and transitions, the number of tools it has is simply ridiculous, and the plugins and integrations with other software improve what seems unbeatable. The video creation is very good, and even the text animation is excellent. It is a 10/10 service, if you want professional jobs this should be your first option.

Pros

After Effect is the best tool to work with animations and transitions, you can do everything with After Effect, from editing, creating, and animating videos, to modeling and rendering 3D animations. Integration with the Adobe ecosystem is key because it helps compliment the entire experience. The ability to install plugins is also a big plus point. The export and import tools are very powerful and efficient. It has all the fundamental tools of Photoshop and Premiere, so we can only expect a quality experience. In conclusion, After Effect is the king when it comes to animations and transitions, it is the best option in this area.

Cons

The learning curve when starting the program can be slow and it can be scary because the interface is not quite minimalist. Animation rendering is very slow, which can make the whole process tedious and stressful. It is a program that requires very sophisticated specifications that cannot be accessed by the general public.

iMovie

VEGAS Pro
Tina L

After Effects Still Number One

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Adobe After Effects is a profession post-production software easily integrated with other adobe products as well as major 3d software programs such as Cinema 4D. If you are desiring to get to the top of your game, to work at major studio in post-production work, don’t waste your time with the competition, go straight to Adobe After Effects as well as their other software programs. Purchase a Master Collection subscription and see how your inspiration takes flight!

Pros

The Adobe Corporation took over After Effects in 1994 and since then it has had little competition. Recently the only competition has been DaVinci Resolve but it’s limited. As with all Adobe applications they integrate into one another. If you are working on a project and must jump quickly to Adobe Photoshop, it allows you to do so. After Effects includes a free installation of Cinema 4D Lite. One of the major 3D programs on the market. Adobe products excels in the infinite quantity of templates, plug-ins, and support offered. Adobe After Effects excels in in it’s UI which is similar to Adobe Premiere Pro’s. The composition area allows you to see all the components at once for creation of your file as well as switching windows to focus on one main component. The software will allow you to enhance any sec of footage or stills that you need to with it’s several tools. Artists can layer, mask, add lights, adjust cameras, add text, import stills, motion files, 3d renderings, and then publish it all into the final file.

Cons

Adobe After Effects is more expensive than programs like Da Vinci Resolve. I would suggest purchasing the Adobe Master Collection subscription, which can be paid monthly or annually. It is also a RAM demanding software so please check your computer’s specifications and upgrade the components or computer if needed before downloading the software. It will check your computer’s specifications prior to downloading and inform you if you are needed additional qualifications.

Cristhian Josue
  • Industry: Design

Adobe After Effects, a standard in the visual effects design industry

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

As I have already said, I like to use Adobe software, so using After Effects became a daily part of my workflow, I feel happy with this software and it has helped me to work in a great way the post-production of my audiovisual works, giving them life and helping me to create a unique aesthetics.

Pros

I like the Adobe suite, it's practical, it incorporates software for about everything and I believe that today it's essential for any company focused on the design business.

After Effects is the proposition of this software bundle for the development and design of animations and visual effects, it's useful and has everything to create quality projects, this software is a standard for both mega-corporations and small businesses, and freelancers.

Cons

On its own, After Effects would be just another software, it's useful, but it has weaknesses, weaknesses that are compensated by utilizing other Adobe software to which we will have access.

But if what you're looking for is to have a single software that fulfills exactly the whole process of developing and editing post-production, Adobe After Effects is not for you.

Is After Effects the king of the market in 3D modeling ?

Reviewed on 01/03/2022

Feel free to make the decision when using Adobe After Effects , it is true that it takes some time to learn and get used to the user interface, but you will get comfortable and apply what you want to it .

Pros

Without a doubt, no one can use 3D modeling without using Adobe After Effects , for me, this is one of the strongest and most wonderful features in the program .
And let me talk about the feature that you will not be able to find with the power of After Effects, which is the Animations & Transitions , t is true that Adobe Premiere Pro has this feature, but to be honest Adobe After Effects is much more powerful than it .
From more than 5 years of experience using the program, the text and speed in handling files are of a very high level unlike other programs, which is a good point for Adobe After Effects .

Cons

I think everyone is confirming my words that the user interface is intimidating to people who see it for the first time , unlike Adobe Premiere Pro , which is simple and comfortable for the eye , especially for them .
Other than that, the user needs a long time to learn the tools , as it is considered very difficult at times.

Gonzalo

The undisputed leader of animation

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

Thanks to After Effects I was able to vastly improve the final quality of our videos and webinars, supporting myself with the variety of templates found on the net for free and/or paid.

Pros

Adobe After Effects has a great ability to bring what happens in the designer's mind. It proposes almost infinite freedoms to carry out animation works such as transitions, stop motions, introductions for logos, among others. It provides results of as good quality as the designer intends, but it also solves many problems automatically thanks to the filters, effects, and shortcuts.

Cons

After Effects is very resource-intensive. It is clear that you need a fairly powerful computer to run this software, as well as to render videos. It is somewhat complex if you are not used to this kind of software. Not ideal for video editing, I prefer Premiere for this.

Timothy

After Effects is very powerful

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

I absolutely love this software. Adobe has really created a wonderful product.

Pros

I've been working in the motion graphics and video editing for over a decade and this is the best animation software I have ever come across. It has so many different options to create stunning visual effects that it's really hard to get bored with this software. The best part is, it's not expensive and there are plenty of tutorials online to help you learn how to use it. Adobe has really gone out of their way to add interactivity between products. For instance, pulling in resources from Audition, Illustrator and Photoshop are a breeze. It even allows you to make real time edits inside those apps. Getting help is also very easy. So powerful!

Cons

There is not a lot of negative things to say about the interface. One thing that really bothers me are the automatic updates. On several occasions, after the update completes, After Effects freezes on the splash screen and will not proceed to the main screen. Closing out of the application and reopening, did not solve the problem. Unfortunately, rebooting the computer didn't seem to do the trick either. I eventually had to place a helpdesk ticket with an application support specialist. After working with support for a few hours the problem was resolved, but this has been a reoccurring issue that continues to this day.

mohamed
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

my experience in after effects

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

My experience with the program. The program in general. The program has many interesting and very distinctive things in the manufacture of visual effects and many wonderful tools. I use it in my work. It is a wonderful program that is characterized by many things and tools that help in making videos with powerful visual effects.

Pros

From my point of view, one of the best things about this program is that there are many very useful tools in visual effects that greatly help in producing a distinctive video, such as the animation feature, the 3D feature, wonderful filters, and moving objects, modifying and converting them from programs to programs other easily as well as easy import and export. The files are of high quality and great accuracy in file transfer.

Cons

From my point of view, it needs a computer with powerful capabilities to run the program easily. Therefore, when extracting the final project, it takes a long time to extract it if you do not have a computer with strong capabilities, and it is expensive for some people in its price.

Tran

Excellent choice for Creative Media Tool

Reviewed on 08/05/2022

I was able to dramatically increase the final quality of our movies and webinars using After Effects, aided by a range of free and commercial templates available on the internet. Feel free to make your own decisions when using Adobe After Effects; it will take some time to learn and adjust to the user interface, but you will become familiar with it and be able to do whatever you want with it.

Pros

The best video editing software is Adobe After Effects. Complex and advanced editing are simple to accomplish; it's as if it was designed just for making amazing video edits. There are numerous features for altering videos in various ways. Not only are there a lot of functionality, but we can also create new features via plugins. The rendering speed is likewise incredible.  The interface is excellent, and the tabs with functionality are well-maintained, allowing you to edit video more quickly and effectively. So, if you're looking for video editing software, After Effects is the greatest option.

Cons

If your computer's requirements are low, and you're rendering a highly complicated video that was recently altered, it will take an extremely lengthy time to render, and the software may even crash. As a result, a high-end system is always required. Because the system heats up quickly not just during rendering but also while editing, a cooling mechanism is required to prolong the system's life.