CamScanner Reviews

4.7/5
4.2/5

Justin
Justin

Worth getting if you want a good scanner app

Reviewed on 05/06/2023

This is a great way to email customers copies of signed with ink contracts. It has never failed me and the documents always look great.

Pros

It's soooo easy to use. Keeps everything neat and where it should be. On the free version the adds aren't that bad.

Cons

Sometimes when I push it to my company's CRM, it takes a while. It could be the CRM fault.

Sandeep
Sandeep
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy way to transform data and informations

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

It was awesome and still is. I being a student has to depend a lot on Camscanner. It was easy to operate and is versatile while sharing. Even when the picture data was not clear, Camscanner's MagicText used to make it clear which was life saving.

Pros

The way it allows us to convert pictures into pdf is the most valuable function. It uses lesser space so is compatible to various devices. The color fonts and trimming or cropping option are so advanced and can be modified as you like. It can convert pictures to word , excel, ppt, doc and many more. It has got functionality to save the created file in the software itself and has an easy option to share the formed files instantly to various platforms. The usage is so versatile various people prefer and recommend CamScanner.

Cons

The cons for the software is we cant access to other functions of not upgraded to pro version. It takes a bit longer time to transform files. Sometimes in old devices it gets crash which leads to loss of the progress.

Ian
  • Industry: Entertainment

SHAME on YOU CAM SCAMMER

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

Cons

There is predatory advertising which YOU HAVE ALLOWED in the free version, which is a mimic of the working screen. When clicked, it takes you to an investment site. These people should not be allowed to do this. Sure, there are small letters saying advertisement but when you’re on the go, you click it thinking your are actually using the app but are taken to another site which is SAXO INVESTMENTS. Do something about this please! I have screen shots and an happy to share

Anwar
Anwar
  • Industry: Hospitality

It Is Terribly Good App For Mobiles..

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Incredible application. So far this is the best Android Mobile scanner I've run over. I'm anticipating opening a greater amount of your highlights. my Son sends his Project to the teacher as a result of this application! Numerous Teachers gripe to send in a pdf and this aides Soo much!
It permits a portion of a Lot of photos, and the altering (colors) is spotless. energetically suggest

Pros

I've had individuals in the organization ask me what I use to transfer my records since I didn't have a genuine scanner. They were intrigued by this application, too. Tidies and fixes things up everything looks truly overall quite clean and like I utilized a scanner!

Cons

It has plenty of channels that make the output appear as though it was filtered by a printer. Furthermore, the tools are not difficult to utilize! Is basic and great. I can import different photographs and save time changing them over to pdfs

Onkar
Onkar

Best smartphone scanner application

Reviewed on 21/08/2022

Pros

- Adjust the scan quality so that the text is clear and crisp, also different filters can be applied on the pages of the document.
- Share scanned documents by sharing a link to the document, emailing it, or uploading it on social media like WhatsApp Or telegram.
- There are editing features and tools available for different uses. A passcode can be applied to protect documents.

Cons

- The trial version has a watermark, so you'll have to buy the premium version if you don't want the camscanner watermark on any of your scanned documents.
- Advertisements begin to flow across the screen while using the application, making it difficult for users to scan.

Darina
Darina

Scanning with a camera

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Pros

I'm amazed by the opportunity to have portable and easy to use scanner in my pocket, on my phone! It very useful for scanning, aligning, printing and editing documents. The greatest feature of it is that it is free. It is affordable for all regular users and can be easily upgraded with paid features when needed. I find it useful to be able to arrange the photos of documents and of other paper work in folders. I have used it successfully to store and classify my paper notes while studying.

Cons

In some cases, photos that I'm taking one after another are getting automatically sorted togetger in a separate folder by the app. I would like the app to have a feature for choosing whete to add the new photos to.

Abhik
Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best app that turns your mobile phone into a mini scanner.

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

I must agree that CamScanner is one of the best apps available to scan using a mobile phone camera.

Pros

The CamScanner detects the page boundaries correctly in most cases. It also allows selecting the page boundary manually and straightening the scanned page according to the boundary. The scanned files are also processed with AI-based technology to make them appear more real.

Cons

The free version of the software has too many limitations, and it shows lots of ads. The paid version comes with a monthly premium which is costly and many users can't afford it.

Syed Faizan
Syed Faizan
  • Industry: Accounting

Helper in online Exams

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

CamScanner is a free application that can be installed through play store on Android. It is very advantageous for scanning pictures. In online exams, it saves my time in making a pdf file. CamScanner also gives option to write and rename the file title. If my file becomes too large, I simply compress it to reduces the file size into half of it. It allows to share the picture as JPEG and pdf format. It automatically crop the required area of the image. Some other features are editing the documents, import file from gallery and save the file into gallery.

Cons

It is a free application but some features are only available if I upgrade it to premium.

Aldo
Aldo

The best scanner ever.

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Pros

High quality image and has many tools for anything. It's AMAZING.

Cons

Sometimes i had faced crashes and freezing, but it isn't recurring.

Loay
Loay
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Camscanner is awesome worker friend ❤️

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

I solve most of the work site documents by camscanner and its very helpful.

I solve most of the work site documents by camscanner and its very helpful.

Pros

Easy to use and simple to modify also the functions that camscanner offers are extraordinary.

Cons

Nothing can be considered as bad but maybe is a little bit expensive.

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Camscanner

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

CamScanner is a mobile app that lets you use your phone's camera to scan documents and save them as PDFs or JPGs. It's got a lot of features like batch scanning, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and integration with cloud storage. Me and my friends think it's the best scanner app available and that it saves space by eliminating the need for bulky physical scanners. However, the text recognition feature can be disappointing.

Pros

I've found CamScanner to be a really useful tool for scanning documents while on the go. It's got some great features that make it really easy to use and the scanned documents come out looking great. One of the best things about it is that it can even convert photos into text.

Cons

However, there are a few downsides to using CamScanner. For example, there's a watermark on all scans unless you pay for the premium version. And if you use it a lot, you might run into some issues where the app freezes or crashes while scanning documents and you have to restart it. Also it is owned by China which has questionable privacy laws.

Rachel
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Cam Scanner

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

Able to store my articles for future reference in the cloud and in case they are deleted on my mobile device plus it saves on storage space this way.

Pros

It is clear when scanning a document. And it has affordable packages depending on one's ability. What I love about Camscanner is the fact that it's mobile and doesn't require one carrying a printer when i want to scan my documents. As a Content Writer, I use CamScanner to store the articles i have written them it in the cloud and can get access to them at any time.

Cons

The only disadvantage is having a CamScanner watermark when using the free version.

Rosella
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Camscanner: A Review From A Daily User

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

It helped me to easily send the needed papers of our company, because the crop and filter feature made me spend less time editing photos, unlike when I use the built in camera on my phone.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to use, from picture scanning to converting files. It provides ease to people like me who needs quality scanned documents, it easily detects your photos and crops them, but the one I like most is its Magic Color filter, because it bolds and makes text from photos more readable than they actually do.

Cons

The renaming feature can be improve. Make it per photo instead of per folder.

Marcie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great product a little pricey for personal use.

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

My overall experience with cam scanner has been excellent. I see the value in each of the features offered. I only wish I could have gotten more done during the 3-day free trial. I think the price is a little too high for me to keep the app for home use. After I cancel my free trial, maybe I will be presented with other less expensive options or find a promo code? If not I think I will find a free app with fewer features for home use.

Pros

My Husband used CamScanner daily at his previous job to send time sheets & other docs to the office from the field. He raved about it, saying you could turn anything into a PDF, attach pics & then send it directly from the app. He is not a tech person, so this says a lot about the ease of use. So, I signed up for the free trial to scan in some IDs & documents at home. I also used the e-signiture feature. I found it super easy to learn & use. There is an array of useful features ie. Collage so I can condense multiple pages of a contract into one. Encryption, to safely send sensitive documents & the list just goes on. If you have allot of this to do I would definitely recommend CamScanner.

Cons

For home or personal use I think the premium price is a little high unless you have enough to do to justify the price. They do however have a system of earning credits that can be exchanged for premium services over time. I don't completely understand how the program works so I don't want to comment on that too much. If you are using the application for a business I think the price is more than justified. I was only given the option to start a free trial for 3 days then pay the premium price of 49-ish dollars.

Ali Qammar
Ali Qammar
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Scan and convert your documents to PDF on the Go!!!

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

Overall Experience is great so far.

Overall Experience is great so far.

Pros

It lets users to take a picture of their documents and convert them into one pdf file with ease. There are different features that you can use including which type of document you want to scan e.g. ID card, Single pager document, Batch, Book, Question Book, QR code etc etc. File conversion options are also available in CamScanner. It pretty much fulfills all the needs of a corporate employee.

Cons

Sometimes the application crashes on iphone. Especially after recent upgrade to new iOS version 14.7.1.

• Industry: Management Consulting

The best app according to me for scanning!

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

My overall experience with CamScanner has been wonderful in-terms of the utility and the convenience of usage.

Pros

The most I like about this software is the fact that the ease through which I could scan my required stuff and the way the unwanted part on the images captured through the app gets eliminated and how the scanning is soo well done to obtain the enhanced end product which is the final scanned product. In case of a student account or a paid subscription, there's no watermark as well on the scanned documents and the app is absolutely free for use. I really appreciate the way this product treats students!!

Cons

The least I like about this software is the fact that the shadows aren't taken well care of and I really look forward to the enhanced version of this app with the shadows well taken care and the final scanned product being more clear.

Michael
  • Industry: Music

Essential Software

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Makes retaining and labeling documents and converting them to PDFs a breeze.

Makes retaining and labeling documents and converting them to PDFs a breeze.

Pros

I used this on the phone more often than the software on the computer for it was has more features and is faster.

Cons

No matters that I can complain about. I believe the developer is on top of things.

Jay

An Easy Way To Convert Images

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Overall I will recommend this application to everyone because its make our work very easy in our daily life and can save the time & stationary charges too.

Pros

This app is very useful to convert and high quality images as well as scanning and sharing by converting it to pdf or jpg file which makes work so easy for business & private company works.

Cons

The one thing which I dislike is the advertisement in between the application using is somewhat disturbing.

• Industry: Media Production

One of the perfect document scanner for Mobile Phone

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

It was amazing but it cause issues at it picks shadows as well as while scanning.

Pros

The Scan quality can easily beat any native big scanners nowadays. We have been using a cam scanner for a very long time now as most of the work has gone online due to the current pandemic. Most of our employees don't have scanners to scan documents at their homes so we were a bit dependent on CamScanner.

Cons

It is banned in India due to privacy issues.

Chandrakeerthan
Chandrakeerthan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best document scanner

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

Converting a PDF with Camscanner is simple. Using the tools available, we can alter the text and photos. The automatic image cropping is the key benefit.

Pros

You can now scan a visual media without a printer with CamScanner. All you need is your phone. Impressive scanning quality is obtained. The app is straightforward and simple to use. CamScanner makes scanning a breeze. I appreciate that CamScanner allows you to scan a portion of the visual medium.

Cons

Other capabilities like converting it to a word document, which is amazing, and even removing the watermark require payment. Although the quality is somewhat lacking, it is expected given that it is free.

A good scanning app aimed for users who are exploring free scanning softwares

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

My overall experience was good with this app. I will recommend using this app to people who are looking for some light-weight scanning mobile application

Pros

I have used this app for two years. In this period, I have observed the following pros of this app:
(1) It supports scanning from multiple media (ranging from business cards, PowerPoint slides, excel sheets, etc), which is often missing in the peer apps
(2) It allows exporting in different formats
(3) It allows manual tweaking of the scanned image quality, which is missing in some popular peer apps

Cons

Honestly speaking, there were not many cons with this software. However, the major limitations that I found can be resolved are:
(1) The watermark on every scanned page needs to get removed
(2) The free version doesn't have the OCR version, which is often available in peer scanning apps nowadays.

safi

camscanner a wonderful application

Reviewed on 23/08/2022

it is very handy in office work. it is an amazing app

it is very handy in office work. it is an amazing app

Pros

it scans text from image very clearly. it is easy to use and has many useful features. image is clear and readable.

Cons

it takes a bit longer in loading. there should be an option to delete things automatically after some days of no use.

Taha
  • Industry: Accounting

This is the application that I use to convert PDF and it is good and easy to use

Reviewed on 05/02/2023

Great app, easy to use and good service

Great app, easy to use and good service

Pros

Arranging files, saving them in PDF format, dragging images, extracting text, and it's easy to use

Cons

I can't edit the file name and the watermark is not good enough to appear at the bottom of the page

• Industry: Translation & Localization

Keep document and easy to use

Reviewed on 11/11/2023

I like it very much, actually I have used it as my 'copy' machine and my 'memory' card, I just need to bring my mobile with me.

Pros

it is quite easy to use it and whenever wherever I need, especially when i do not have copy machine nearby. and it is easy to transfer by email or other method to save to computer or print out later.

Cons

the logo of camscanner sometimes blocks the text.

Iheanyi
  • Industry: Hospitality

No scanner device needed again

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Pros

This software eliminated the need to use a usual scanner to scan documents. With you mobile phone, any document can be scanned with the camera and automatically oriented and smoothened. You can also save in any format of your choice.

Cons

This software hasn't posed any difficulty hence, not Cons.