Kapwing

4.5/5
4.2/5

Prashant
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

One of the best Online video editing software

Reviewed on 01/11/2022

Overall experience with Kapwing is very good. I feel great while using this software and editing the videos which I share on my online social media platforms. This software increases my productivity.

Pros

The element adding is very unique in Kapwing. I can easily add different shapes, emojis and waveforms to my video while editing which makes my video very much interesting. The video output is just amazing when it is edited with Kapwing.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Kapwing. A lot of editing options are available for editing videos. This makes my work easy.

JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Kapwing Is King

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

When I use this software, I feel all sorts of creative juices flowing because of how jam-packed with features the software really is. A very well-made product that will keep you enticed for hours.

Pros

Removing the background from an image is what I use this software for primarily. It has so many more features that I occasionally dabble into, so its versatile like that. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are no cons. This software is golden, I mean you can go as far as to making memes on it amongst other things. So no, I don't see any drawbacks from using it. You'd be doing yourself a favor.

VEGAS Pro

Reasons for Choosing Kapwing

I couldn't resize my video aspect ratio appropriately through Pinnacle so I went looking for an alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

Kapwing has the ability to add way more video filters than Vegas Pro so I gave it a shot and was very impressed with the end result.
Steven
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use for greenhorns.

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Pros

Quick integration with existing platforms.

Cons

If I needed to upgrade, it would be costly.

Starken
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

What the point of editing if you cant't upload?????

Reviewed on 24/09/2021

Hi, Im Starken BeanO. Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do.

Pros

Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do. Add cool music, cut parts, screen record, ect. this came out as one of my best used of editing website.

Cons

There were no problem what so ever, no lag and no crashing. But the biggest and THE funniest thing I EVER saw. Whats the point of hard sweat and tears of editing and so we can have to UPGRADE just for a couple of more minutes for a video. and I'm talking for the people that has the same problem. Its an awesome website but why do you Upgrade to publish files over 250MB and to export videos over 7 minutes? Fix this for the people that like this website and you'll find yourself as the best editing website on Google and any other sites. And just so you can't see people writing the same review as I did today.

~SB

Martin

Best online video service ever. And a miracle for deaf people.

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

This review is focused only on one of Kapwing feature - AI generated subtitles. I known that Kapwing offers many tools for online video editing (and they are very good), but I'm using just one of them - Subtitler. This tool is able to autogenerate subtitles for video in almost any language. And this is cool! You know - I'm deaf (or almost deaf, to be correct) and thank to Kapwing I’m now able understand and react on videos from my friends :) (I’m able to read and write in 6 languages, but if someone sent me video-message, I was f*cked… :D Not any more, thank to this service). Before Kapwing I had to download the video, extract audio from it, process the audio file with dedicated software and then, finally, I got subtitles (poor quality subtitles, I have to say). With Kapwing I just paste URL to Subtitler and get subtitles. Miracle, for me.

Pros

- it works like a charm
- simple use, perfect output
- multi-language support (AI autogenerated subtitles are best on market (seriously. I tried many other services))
- it's free (mind-blowing! Service of this quality free? Just WOW!)

Cons

- nothing at all
- OK, there are some glitches in AI autogenerated subtitles, but the output is "good enough" in most situations

Gracie

Kapwing is my secret weapon!

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Pros

This is one of the most powerful, yet inexpensive and easy-to-use video editing software I've found. It can be glitchy at times, but the value is out of this world. I blow my team away with how fast and efficiently I can edit and turnaround video projects.

Cons

The layers, fonts, and texts seem to change sometimes when you go to render your video which is horribly frustrating but support is pretty quick to respond.

Henry

Great Editor for On-the-Fly Project

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

It was difficult to learn, but after browsing the features and capability (including the speed of import/export of files) we knew it would be the perfect in-between for video editing.

Pros

There is no program or drive required for use. To our knowledge and experience, Kapwing is a browser-based editor, and it is a fairly robust service. It may take a while to learn and memorize the quirks that exist in the program, but it is freely available, and that has helped us out tremendously.

Cons

The paywall. The paywall seems unusual and perhaps unfair. Hard to tell because it exists behind the option to save more than a handful of files. The price tag is high, but that tag doesn't prevent us from using the core features.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

While Adobe no doubt has a host of features, we were looking for something simple, fast, and inexpensive. Adobe was none of those things.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Awesome video editor

Reviewed on 20/03/2022

Great product, pretty easy to use, has tons of usefull tools.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, has tons of usefull tools. I like it a lot.

Cons

low quality of the video on the free version

Mohamed
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

it is free but if you need to restore video 24 Hour you must bay it

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

very easy if you ara bigener i recomedid it

Pros

text titles ,also video texting, if you need memo template you can find this web easy it has squar and also vertical all video Sise if you post fb or yt

Cons

its easy to edit also it you understand it very easy

Lumen5 and InVideo

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

becouse its vey easy if you are a bigener for editig
Eunice
  • Industry: Music

Amazing, Super Useful, Great Quality!!!

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Love it. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

It is easy to use, and there are so many artistic options to chose from.

Cons

I cannot think of it at the moment. Altogether a great experience.

Brianne

memes as a service

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Great experience using the product, especially with a small team

Pros

I use Kapwing to create video content and memes for my early stage company.

This has been a great way to generate traffic to my professional website and leads to higher engagement on our company's social media channels.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time

Syed

Kapwing – ‘a versatile tool to create any content easily with drag and drop actions’

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

I like to use this tool . As I sated, Kapwing has a lot of good features and the default configuration with the social networks is very convenient for me. So, my overall experience with Kapwing is very good.

Pros

I think trimming the video is super easy in Kapwing with drag and drop actions. This software is absolutely an easy platform for the beginner. I am convinced with a lot of free features of Kapwing which are very useful. I love the fact that they have an auto-subtitle option and this is really time-saving. Also, I would like to mention the resizing feature which makes it easy to create different content on the same platform. I think the online editing opportunity is very useful because there is no hassle to install it on the computer. You can edit anything from anywhere. The default configuration for various social media is amazing and this option allows me to publish the videos smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t like that I lost my work a few times and I think glitches occurred with my task. I observed exporting videos sometimes a slow process. I like to use this tool but wish if they could have more features and elements to be even more creative with this software.

Robin
  • Industry: Photography

AN EARLY REVIEW OF KAPWING

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

I use it primarily to create versions of my original photographs to suit Instagram's aspect ratio limitations without undesirable cropping. I am retired from business and so Kapwing's free option is very important to me - It enables me to remain creative.

Kapwing technical support and response is very good and the user feels that they care and that you are not abandoned after they have created their software as is the case with some app developers.

Pros

I particularly like its straightforward interface and that also that my images are not spoilt by Kapwing credits - In gratitude I always credit #kapwing on social media and recommend it to others.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky when uploading an image and Tool Tips would make it much easier. My learning curve has mostly been by experiment!

After uploading an image it often doesn't automatically show for selection in my Workspace and consequently can be difficult to find.

Sarah

The video editing software that is "juuuust right"

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Think of Kapwing like a rock polisher. When you drop in a some hunk of stone you found lying in the dirt outside, it's not like you're expecting it to spit you out some 10 carat, Kardashian-worthy diamond. It is an efficient, effective functional tool to churn you out a quick, shinier version of whatever went in to it though. For educators, parents, homemakers, start-ups, newcomers, the little guy, and all the "joe-regulars" of us out there--this helps us do more, be more, see more, and be seen more than we could have on our own. Kapwing is about as polished as unprofessional can get.

Pros

This software isn't too much or too little of anything, it's the Goldilocks-approved method for video editing. It's just fast, functional, and fearless. Although I can only speak for the free version, it doesn't require registering, downloading, or having any prior knowledge or tech-savvy, either--which is what everybody says (and why everybody loves it). Considering how little time and effort you have to invest, the return is definitely worth it.

Cons

Kapwing gets a lot of flack for being too rudimentary, lacking customer support, and having glitches. I only used the free version, but it was super-easy to use and super-fast to understand--which are pretty high on the priority list for those of us out there without computer science degrees and scads of freetime to feel injustice over our own user-error-based-incompetence and poor choices. Users get out of Kapwing what they are able to put in and what they want to and choose to put in. So if you're like 85% of the general population and are broke, busy, multitasking, and tired--this simple little tool is "juuuuust right".

Ben
  • Industry: Music

Social Media Manager Essential Tools

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Pros

This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Cons

No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

Pradip

Top Web App for video editing

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

It's been really fun to work with Kapwing and the support has been really great. I have been able to create videos that have been really appreciated very well.

Pros

Availability of features, access, ease of use, voice to text, and animated graphics.

Cons

I have had this product for two years and I have not found any cons yet.

Beth
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great For Editing Videos

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

This is one of several video editing software options I use when I upload music videos and other items to You Tube. I like it.

Pros

If you are someone who likes to edit or splice videos like myself, this is the place to do it. The free version allows you to merge, splice, cut, and edit videos for You Tube, Instagram and other applications that allow you to use videos. It is fairly easy to use and understand for a beginner who has never used video editing tools before. At the same time the finished product is nice enough for a professional influencer or vlogger to use as well.

Cons

There are limits to file sizes on the free version, so if you are a first time user just checking it out, you may end up having to buy the paid version anyway just to use it, and I occasionally had files not get edited even when they were slightly under the size limit after cutting.

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 6-12 months

Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

My overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!

Pros

Kapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.

Cons

As stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.

Alan

Nothing else compares!

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Not sure how I found Kapwing but it has been the most efficient video creating tool we have,

Pros

It simply has all the features any business would need regardless of skill level.

Cons

Any previous Cons have always been removed as the program improves.

Buddhika
  • Industry: Online Media

Ideal software for video editing

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

This is one of the best software which I used to edit videos.

Pros

I have used this software in several times to edit some videos which I uploaded to my youtube channel. honestly I would like to recommend this as the best video editing software, even for the beginners. Because I had very basic knowledge about video editing. But I could edit my videos easily, up-to my expected level. Actually it is an user friendly software which work & complete our tasks easily. Also we have an option to create our videos without any water marks in Kapwing, on free of charge. It is an unique facility which we can't see in the other software in similar category.

Cons

I would like to see some more animation tools. because the provided tools are very basic & sometimes its not looks suitable for some videos.

Geoff
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used for Free Trial

Wonderful resource

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Brilliant. There was a problem with the online conversion to create the downloadable version. Ugh. It probably wasn't even an issue that originated with Kapwing's server...these technical glitches happen for all sorts of reasons. I did initially feel that I might have lost absolutely everything. But I sent a note to Kapwing and had a delightful response almost immediately. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had resurrected my file, converted it for download, and it was ready for me to use. That was, to me, a 10 out of 10 customer experience. I take my hat off to the company and its software.

Pros

I had a video project underway and I required text on top of the moving images. I first tried the Kapwing option and I was so impressed I didn't need to switch over to an alternative. I didn't need to read a manual - the software was intuitive and everything worked very smoothly. The end result was very visually pleasing and had complete accuracy in the intended transition points, text size, colour and placement. I was thrilled.

Cons

I had no issues whatsoever, and nothing came to mind regarding additional features to request.

Mohammed

amazing

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Pros

friendly user software with lots of features

Cons

editing features are amazing, you can change easier than any other software

Eldar

Kapwing can save you time with adding video subtitles

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Kapwing has potential, and its feels the team of it is working on it with love and I believe its can get better

In any way it can save you significant time in positioning the subtitles in your video and this is my main use with the tool, it is better to edit the video in professional software and use Kapwing as an add-on to the subtitles job.

Pros

*The tool helps to create subtitles for a video automatically, with AI it detects the words of the person in the video and writes what he is saying, and it can be done with several languages including automatic translation into a different language from the one heard in the video. but you still have to check the subtitles boxes and fix the mistakes of the AI, any way it saves you time with the subtitles placing job on the video timeline.

*when you export a video it optimizes nicely the file size.
*you can download and upload srt file easily and apply it to the video.

Cons

*There are still some bugs especially with long videos you can suffer from not saving work with the subtitles or some subtitle parts that just disappear and it can cause double work, until it fixes I protect my work with downloading the srt file and upload it.

*Sometimes the editing tools there feel basic and messy compared to the familiar editing software, it is difficult to cut a specific in your video.

Rosa Irene
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for Free Trial

My experience with Kapwing

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Pros

*Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos.
*Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one.
*No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly.
*No need to download software, you can use it all online
*You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Cons

*The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

Sarah
  • Industry: Investment Management

The ultimate social media toolkit

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

My experience with Kapwing has grown from strength to strength as the product has added more features and functionality, making the work I do in social media management so much easier.

Pros

Kapwing provides all the essential tools for creating engaging social media content, in one place. The most helpful tool within the product for me has been the resizing tool, which allows me to optimize the crop of my content for different platforms. It also gives me the option to export in GIF or MP4 for video-based content which saves me so many additional steps to export in other tools.

Cons

There are SO many different features, sometimes you have to look a little longer to find what you are looking for.