MapBusinessOnline

4.5/5

Rebekah

Great Replacement for Bing Maps

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

After reviewing several mapping software, we chose Map Business Online because of the functionality and cost. The software is easy to use and I love the ability to share a password-protected map with anyone, even those without a license! Overall, a great value.

Pros

Great cost and it is extremely easy to use. The desktop version is nice and I love the sharing feature. I was able to embed a map directly into SharePoint site, which was nice.

Cons

Call outs are not transparent and there isn't an optimizer function to create custom territories, only ones based off of zip code, county or state. Also, the color-coding max of 100 is limiting. We have 106 Districts and 1400 territories and I am unable to color-code by either. Lastly, the route optimizer is clunky. I wish that it was possible to select an area and have it route all points within it. That'd be great!

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Rebekah - Thank you for your kind review. Just to address your desire to route to an area. If you create a polygon query or circle query around an area and select your data target, this will save a list in the Data Window of those points. Simply click the Add All Rows to Route button on the right side of the Data Window tool bar to create an optimized route for all points in that search return. Please let us know if you require a demo on this. Thanks Again!

Andy
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

We've tried the REST now we are using the BEST.

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

After searching and trying other mapping programs for our delivery operations team and finding that we just couldn't get all the features that we required we finally found Map Business Online. Not only did it have all the features we needed including Longitude/Latitude and optimizing delivery routes but provided us tons of other bells and whistles. MBO proved to be a superb tool for our operations team to create routes and territories with the click of a few buttons but also allowed our reporting team to make beautiful maps that helped our executive team visualize the story the data was telling.

We are using this for the 2nd year in a row and will be renewing when it is time again. We pride ourselves at offering cutting edge applications to our millions of readers and subscribers worldwide and love the MBO helps us stay ahead of the technology curve by continuing to update their product and features. The addition of MBO for the desktop was a great addition and only helps make using the product even easier.

To the staff at MBO---Keep up the great work!

Pros

MBO desktop, route optimization, ease of use.

Cons

Limits on how many stops you can have on any one route.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Andy. Those are very kind words and we greatly appreciate them. Geoff

William
  • Industry: Automotive

Not as user friendly as expected

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Although I did buy this software, I am not impressed with the features and functionality of it whatsoever. Small things like having to import an excel file to get the locations to pop up is just an extra hoop to jump through. The user should be able to spell out an address and plot it that way through the software. Other things like how you can only take a screen shot of the areas you want to save....should be able to select the states you want and get the full picture of the states.

Pros

Good photo quality

Cons

See my comments before

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks William. You may want to consider requesting a web demo (if you haven't had one.) We'd be happy to address some of your concerns.
Email us or call 800-425-9035 at your convenience. Geoff

Grafton

Map your Biz!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Such a smooth tool & allows customization to make it more useful to your business needs

Pros

I have used this software for my personal drone business mapping my clients around the state of FL, but we also started using at my day job to map our factories across the globe. This allows us to keep track of factories and map our spend with each - this allows us to better pick new factories when it comes to consolidating freight with eachother

Cons

The price @ $300 is well worth the spend - but considering it is basically a Google Maps add on tool - you would think Google would try something like this & make it free (w/ small ads)

Response from SpatialTEQ

Grafton,

Thank you for your review and for using Map Business Online for drone work. To be clear - Map Business Online is NOT a Google Add-on tool. Google did the world a service by providing advanced mapping for free for so long. They also put people in the industry out of work, and then took those capabilities away because those services do, in fact, cost a lot of money to support. Google isn't in the business of free. Companies pay Google a lot of $ for marketing, geocoding, .mapping, site reviews, and many other services.

Brittany
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Customer Review of Mapbusinessonline.com

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Our company used Map Point for many years, and when I came on board last year, I got us to switch to Map Business. The customer service team is super friendly and is always willing to help, especially when I starting using the program for the first time, last December.

Pros

Easy to use, like the options for US and Canada map views. It's so easily to load zip code files into the program and overall the program is very user-friendly.

Cons

I really enjoy the program, using it on a daily basis, but you cannot remove inner borders of zip codes inside territories that get created. I think this is something that can probably be changed in the future, but it's not a deal breaker, still want to continue to use this program in near future.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Brittany.

Marie

Low cost - easy to learn and share - brings CRM data "alive"

Reviewed on 31/05/2015

I tested 10 other sales mapping options before I found, and fell in love with, MBO. Our B-to-B telemarketing sales staff now has access to the geographic and demographic features of over 600,000 small business leads that I plotted across 50 separate state maps. (If the geocoding limit per map could be increased to 750,000 - hint, hint - I'd only need one map!) I added a Goggle street view link to the callout box and tons of business statistics to the data window so the sales staff can easily research their leads, and really 'see' who they're talking to. Also, businesses in our existing customers' territories are blocked out, making it clear who NOT to call. It's so easy to share all 50 maps with both our on-site and off-site telemarketing staff. I simply created a free WIX website containing 50 state links, and gave the name of that website to our salespeople (for security, the website is not published on the web). The changes I make to the maps almost daily are automatically updated at the WIX link. And all this functionality for the single-user MBO price!!! Overall, MBO is a brilliant, extremely intuitive, highly functional, and very affordable tool that gives our sales staff insight into who and where the best prospects are. It's helped our company tremendously in visualizing and achieving its potential.
My only complaint is that navigation around the map (zooming and dragging) is a little jerky and awkward. Even when I use the helpful preset zoom stops, it takes a while to recenter the map at a new location and/or zoom level. I'd also like to see automatic dialing software integrated into the maps. If MBO could do that, it would make a complete package for B-to-B telemarketing companies.

Kris
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Amazing Map Software

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

The abundant demographic detail provided by this software helps us build territories for our sales team. I highly recommend this software to learn more about local regions. (We use maps for both the USA and Canada).

Pros

New data available, just like you announced 2015 & 2016 is now available!

Cons

If you don't refresh a map, I sometimes override new data.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Kris.

made it easy to access information needed

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use, was able to access it, find the points I needed, load the information into inspection software, in a few minutes.

Cons

Clearly , I am completely saftified with this software. Prehaps I can say as a con the time to learn the software

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you for your thoughtful review.
Please send me your name so I can get back to you.

CHRIS

This has helped us to focus on areas where we may not have known were a weakness.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

Fantastic customer support. Rather than blindly calling prospects and customers, this allows us to see the big picture of where we need to focus on as a company.

Cons

I wish it was a little less costly to get a company or group license. This has become so popular that it is sometimes hard to access from my company.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Chris,
Thank you for you review. I really like your description, "Where we might not have known" you had a weakness. That's the biggest benefit. Revealing weaknesses.

Avery

Tried this after looking for easy to use mapping software

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

It was easy to use and intuitive for the most part. Within minutes of signing up for a free trial, I had my first map up and running

Cons

The user interface is a little clunky at times. Updates to that to bring it in line with current best practices would make it perfect.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you Avery. we appreciate your comments.

Jason
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great tool we use to solve the common traveling salesman problem with our field staff routing.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

We route 20+ people to over 2000 site visits per month in 50 states.

Pros

It's stable and functional and at the right price point. Once you get over the learning curve and create a work-flow, it is easy to use and repeatable.

Cons

Territories by zip code is constrictive. Need other options to create territories like free drawing them with a poly. I probably just need more training. The UI could be definitely be updated and made more intuitive.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Jason,

Thank you for your review. You certainly can use draw tools to create free form territories. Please contact our technical support for a web demo or some direction.

Thanks,

sagar
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good tool for quick geographically mapping

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Improved visibility into my product sale

Pros

The option to plot multiple layer is the best, I am able to plot my sales information with US Census data.

Cons

Ability to not be able to filter data on fly. I have to manually filter my data file and reupload it

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Sagr,

Thanks for reviewing Map Business Online.

Wendy
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great customer support!

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Easy to purchase and get started, able to import locations from Excel, able to use my own art as the pushpin, and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros

The customer support for Map Business Online is off the charts! I am only just beginning to use their software so can't tell you all about it, but it was very easy to purchase and get started. Even more important - they are extremely responsive. We needed answers about compatibility before purchasing, and then wanted to use our own art as the pushpin. While I'm sure that information is available in their tutorials, they responded to my emails before I could search out the answer myself. Another feature I'm happy about is that I purchased the 3 month version, but if my client gets their job, I'll need to continue using this, and I can upgrade then and have my initial investment credited. I highly recommend Map Business Online.

Cons

I haven't used this long enough to have any cons. It's possible there aren't enough variations of map styles, but I could always export the data points and overlay on my own art if I want something more stylized.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your taking the time.

Victoria

I like MBO

Reviewed on 19/08/2016

Cool product! Large map print feature is incredible! I'm glad to use Map Business Online every day.

Synthia

Excellent mapping software

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

I enjoy using this system. It is a lot cheaper than others I found and it does just as good of a job as far as I can tell. I travel a lot with my job and this allows me to keep all of the locations mapped and easily mapped so as to make my computer work less and more organized.

Pros

I like the multiple layers. And the ability to cluster locations and label them for future use.

Cons

I have been unable to use the graphing and it is hard to figure out how to change that.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Synthia. I think by "graphing" you may be referring to the Pie Chart or Bar Chart symbol options. These symbols are applied to two or three columns of your imported numeric data. They then show the visual comparisons of your data segments. If you require more help on that please call us at 800-425-9035 and we'll be happy to demo that functionality for you. Geoff

Jodie
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

Love it for mapping ... works wonderfully ... I use it every day to map our driver's routes and find where they are on the route work great.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Jodie.

Dustin
  • Industry: Wholesale

Quick and Easy Territorial Sales Map

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

It provides our reps and customer a nice visual of how our state is covered for sales and support.

Pros

I like the copy/paste data set feature to generate our quick sales territory mapping via zipcodes.

Cons

Hard to change the dataset of zipcodes from one Territory Rep to another. I usually have to start from scratch and make a new one.

Response from SpatialTEQ

Dustin,
Thank you for reviewing MapBusinessOnline. I encourage you to request a Web Demo from our Contact button. You'll be able to describe your ZIP code by Rep issue and come up with a solution.

John
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Outstanding software with almost every mapping capability that you may need

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Routing, mapping, territories, profitable areas, target areas, ...you name it

Pros

Ease of use, mapping and routing capabilities, territorial map information. This software has it all. And when you need support, pick up the phone, they have always been available.

Cons

Printing. Capturing a selected detailed image and attempting to print an a large scale, such as a
4' x6' map is very difficult

Kristen
  • Industry: Market Research

Young Strategies Review

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

We Use mapping software in all of our reports as a research company to show where people originate. I wish the maps were a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but your software is the best value around.

Pros

Price

Cons

Looks

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Kristen.

Richard
  • Industry: Plastics

Definitely Has Value

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

I've used this software a number of times. There's a lot of upside to it; as I see it, you get a nice value for your money. Functionality is nice and although it's a little tricky in the beginning, once you use it, you'll understand it better. The large scale printing needs work and I'd use it more if I could capture our contact points better.

Pros

It's very comprehensive and there's good value in it.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well into ACT. Large scale printing isn't great, but it's ok.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Richard. We appreciate your feature comments too. I've submitted your feedback. Geoff

Russ
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

I was up and running mapping customer data in a few minutes. I was easily able to create useful and visually appealing maps that allowed us to review our customer information in a new way.

Pros

Ease of Use and Pricing

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you Russ.

Paul
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Essential for efficient operations

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

This has been extremely useful for mapping out appointments for our sales team

Cons

It could be faster but that might be our connection

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Paul,
Thank you so much for your kind review.

Andrew

Genuinely outdoes the others

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

We are expanding to have sales reps sell product in different areas, and this does help keep clean lines to prevent one person encroaching into another's territory. It is useful to have a quick and easy visual representation to see what areas are the most productive. As we grow, it seems that there are any more features of this software to explore.

Pros

It is quite comprehensive and easy to use. It gives a good visual that all sales people can use and work with.

Cons

I think it is expensive, but since we are expanding and it will be helpful for reps to see where sales are I think it is acceptable. It is still better value than alternatives.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Andrew,
Thank you for your kind review. Let us know if you find territory mapping software that is more affordable than Map Business Online.

Susan
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great tool for sharing maps

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

When a picture is worth a thousand words, a map helps us tell the story about the availability of services, and the location of neighboring providers. Being able to have a map created from our data to share with colleagues is great. Colleagues being able to interact with the map is priceless.

Pros

The relative ease in importing data, the interactive nature

Cons

difficulty in representing differing data with alternative symbols, having callouts visible all at the same time

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you Susan. Feel free to contact us for more discussion about callouts and data layers. Perhaps we can assist. We do discourage turning on too many callouts - that's sort of a map makers dilemma.

Shawn
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great Software

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

I was looking for something to help map out data for a project. I was able to go in and break down the date by counties in each of the states and color coordinate based on statistics. This fits all of my needs and then some. There are way more features in this program than I needed, but it was fun to play around and see what all I could do with it if I wanted to really impress the bosses.

Pros

The sheer number of options available to use.

Cons

I am not a salesman and not familiar enough with a lot of the terminology used. There is a bit of a learning curve to start, and it took a little trial and error to figure out what I needed to do.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you Shawn. Ideas like this are always helpful