Vimeo Livestream

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Dayna

Vimeo Livestream is great platform for quaint audiences

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

My overall experience with Vimeo Livestream is very satisfying. When I started out as a content creator and marketer of other content creators, I found that Vimeo was affordable and met all of my needs.

Pros

Vimeo Livestream offers quite a bit for the price. However, to take full advantage of the best features offered, the user should purchase a more expensive subscription. Vimeo is very user-friendly and great for beginners are looking for a live-broadcasting other than Youtube or Patreon. The more expensive package includes customization abilities for all live-broadcasting needs of today's basic creators.

Cons

The only major cons I've really run into are the cost per upload, and the smaller audience size on Vimeo in comparison to more popular live-streaming platforms.

Rony Peterson

A good option to Livestream your videos

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

It is a good platform to produce video content, with a more agreeable approach to the users without ads. And it is not so expensive to use the premium plans.

Pros

It has a very good video player, the creators can sell their products on this software and it does not have ads.

Cons

The interface is not very intuitive and does not have a free plan, especially for some functions on Vimeo. It's necessary to subscribe to the premium plan to have more storage on uploads.

Frame.io, JW Player, Wistia, Loom and YouTube

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Livestream

Because of the possibility of having the customer support and sell the products.

Frame.io, JW Player, Wistia and Loom

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Livestream

Because of the structure of this software and the selling opportunities.
Mark

Expensive and CPU hungry

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

Pros

I liked that you could stream live to livestream and then to other forums.

Cons

The higher rate you tried to stream at the more cpu it has to use and would often crash. Uploading videos after for people to watch proved very difficult and you are limited to 3GB.

David

safe, secure, and reliable

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

Overall, Vimeo Livestream has been our go-to service since COVID began for making our church services available to those still at home. We have used the embed feature and posted to FB and YouTube to increase our audience as well.

Pros

More secure than YouTube, with the ability to push to any other services we choose (including YouTube and Facebook). Reliable with little to no downtime experienced so far, with consistently good quality.

Cons

Difficult integration with LiveStream Studio 6 and vMix at times - and some clunkiness in setting up recurring live events in the archive options. Some frustrations in navigating other archived videos as well.

Restream and Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Livestream

Vimeo Livestream allowed us to archive and store videos while still pushing them to all our other services.
Grace
  • Industry: Music

Hallelujah! A great resource for music managers

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Very few complaints with this software, it is easy to use, easy to set up, and simple for an intern to do without much instruction. It can also be used on the road, which is vital.

Pros

I utilize this software as a music manager, for my clients. We often livestream concerts, demos, and songs for social media. It allows seamless integration to our social media platforms, and makes everything look more professional overall. My artists use it to stream to their fans, give shoutouts, or run giveaways when we need to. It also works directly with YouTube, which saves time and is much simpler for me, time-wise. My favorite feature is the watermark, which keeps our branded content all cohesive, and prevents issues with the wrong uploads being distributed. The analytics are nice, although not as comprehensive as I'd like, the info is fairly limited.

Cons

The lags occur, of course, when we don't have strong signals for connectivity, but I imagine that happens with most any online service. I would like better and more comprehensive analytics so we could present them to deciding members of the board, etc.

Christine
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

I love Vimeo livestream

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

I just love it. It makes my work much easier. It is an important part of my startup

Pros

I think is very easy an intuitive to use the platform. I use it every week (twice) for my cooking classes

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs with the cameras

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 2+ years

Great platform to get live events broadcast

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Pros

I love the progress they've made in the past few years in developing their product. It's my go to service to manage smallish events for clients.

Cons

It's expensive and the plans aren't very flexible price-wise on their new ones, but they do provide great service and a great product.

Safiya
  • Industry: Entertainment

Ideal for classes

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

If it wasnt for the cost and Vimeo not having more popularity it would be 5 stars on everything.

Pros

Livestream quality and experience are both 5 stars. Vimeo is ideal for classes, I used it to stream dance classes.Everything is simple and Vimeo will help with setup. Vimeo hosts/streamers keep more control than public platform hosts. Love the video watermark and no ads.

Cons

I want more plans with lower costs, maybe a completely free plan.

Danielle
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great program to use!

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

Really great so far!

Pros

We love that we can quickly live stream to connect with our teams on the go.

Cons

N/a as for the internet connectivity. Refresh the browser and click the play button to catch back up to the live.

Tom
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent Streaming Service. Dependable streaming software.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Excellent service, dependable software, good support and FAQ pages with real answers in plain English, and a very professional approach to a streaming app for the PC.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up events, track usage, etc. Excellent software package for streaming from a PC (Livestream Studio). Very flexible and dependable application. Good support, and the system is stable and dependable. We use it 24/7 from both the studio and for streaming from the field.

Cons

Really only one minor thing: The need to stop streaming for updates occasionally. (Frequently updated.)

Linda

Live Streaming Blessings!

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

My overall experience with LiveStream has been extremely good. Once in a while when I am not able to attend church, so I can log on follow along. Again, it keeps you updated and in sync with what is going on. Most of all it helps you realize that blessings are still attainable when you use LiveStream.

Pros

I love Live Streaming because I can log on to my church broadcast at anytime and get a real-time look at what is happening. All of our services and most events are accessible through LiveStream. Its convenient, its dependable and above all keeps you connected.

Cons

Maybe once in a while the "stream" will loose connection but, for the most part I have no complaints. I do wish there was better sound enhancement and it was offered on smart televisions. The one thing I hate about LiveStream is that you can get addicted and when that happens you find yourself watching church instead of going to church.

Favio

Out of the box platform for live streaming

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

One of the best and most complete platforms for live streaming. I liked it most of the time .

Pros

It has tons of features that lets your live stream become unique and adapt to any kind of company or campaign or event you’re trying to sell or show.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to use at the beginning if it’s your first time live streaming, but with Some practice your can manage to create great content.

Cloudflare, Streamtime and Streamyard

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Livestream

It had fewer functions

Streamtime and Streamyard
Amy
  • Industry: Events Services

Love/Hate Relationship with Vimeo

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Our overall experience with Vimeo is good but not anything jaw dropping. We've used it for years to produce our livestream events and while clients complain about the capabilities on the backend, the overall experience isn't anything that pushes them away.

Pros

As an administer of Vimeo, we love the features and functionality that it provides us on the back end. Camera quality is pretty good, but heavily impacted by wifi capabilities as with most streaming platforms. We also love how we can customize the look and feel of our clients screens with overlays and lower thirds.

Cons

The delay between speaker shots and when the video is actually streamed always causes a bit of pain for our clients. If there was a way to make the image if yourself entirely disappear that may relieve some of the annoyances that our clients complain about.

Revanth

Amazing Software for professional Live streaming

Reviewed on 12/02/2022

Streaming experience was good, since it was easy to setup and do live streams. Broadcasts were seamless. Helped in getting more views.

Pros

The interface is quite user-friendly. At reasonable price, good quality streaming can be done, which is amazing. It takes just few minutes to setup and Live stream or broadcast.

Cons

More features could be helpful in analytics to get more insight about streams. More option to customize stream will be a great addition.

Nebojsa

High quality broadcast events

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

We have broadcasted many important events and had them stored safely for later watch.

Pros

The platform supports large number of capture hardware and logical souces like other computers and wireless cameras. It can broadcast many different resolutions with great stability. It stores your events on the cloud as if offers am ammount of storage each type of subscription.

Cons

The software is costy, but offers very good quality as good cost/benefit.

Brian

Great solid Livestream service

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

We have been pleased with Livestream, their customer service has always been very helpful any time we have needed it.

Pros

We starting using Livestream about 7 years ago and it always worked really well for us. We've had few hiccups but it has normally been bandwidth issues on our side. The service itself is pretty rock solid.

Cons

I wish you didnt have to choose to stream to Facebook or Youtube, but could stream to both at the same time.

Mark
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

No Regrets

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

We use this software weekly to broadcast our worship and preaching segments

Pros

Set up and user training and support is top notch

Cons

Menu/Dashboard jumbled up making it a little difficult to make selections

Josh

Simple live streaming service

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Pros

Setup is simple and easy. You can schedule services in advance with just a few clicks.

Cons

Could only send streams to one outside platform at a time.

Barry

Solid Video Streaming and Production Solution

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

Pros

Provides a lot of control over videos.
Livestream studio is a powerful video streaming and production software
Integration of several video formats is excellent

Cons

I would like more graphic overlay options. Only three can be used at one time. We need more.

Jose

Perfect toll for selling your content

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Pros

I use it with my wife to sell online cooking classes. The toll is great and now that they lauched a better live stream software is even better

Cons

I dont like when i switched from camera to camera, in the middle the recording gets totally black

Vladyslav
  • Used for 2+ years

Great video quality

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Pros

Easy to connect. Picture and sound were clear

Cons

I only viewed the live video and that experience was great. Did ask for several codes to get access to the live video

Kingsley

Global presence in my office

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

Pros

Vimeo has taken me places and brought places to me right in my office, the professional transition i have gained through the use of Vimeo is remarkable.

Cons

Issues with network has been a challenge so far.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Live stream

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Pros

I like how you can do live streaming just like YouTube. It is easy to use and do a channel.

Cons

The thing about this site you don't have a monetization option to do live streams like YouTube.

Paul

Livestream has given us amazing broadcasting options

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Pros

I am amazed that I can now simultaneously broadcast live on Facebook, Youtube and more. I am really happy with the output... what the product does.

Cons

Livestream's producer seems a bit clunky. Not that simple of a user interface. And I have had the defaults change unbeknownst to me when I went to broadcast. I think the user controls could be a lot better.

• Used for 1-5 months

Good fit if you have to use all the feratures!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Pros

Its a pro service.
Have many great feature including Multicast live streaming!
Especially if you are a MEVO Cam user.

Cons

Expensive!
Won't recommend if you are full-time livestream and video prod guy/agency.