Gurucan

Sarah
  • Industry: Online Media

Like buying 4 different software tools in one

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Really great. Looking forward to publishing the course.

Really great. Looking forward to publishing the course.

Pros

So - in my day job I create e-Learning. Put me in front of Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline and I am totally at home.

But then I decide to create a course in my spare time. What could go wrong?
Well - to start with the course creator software I tried was super expensive, with monthly fees, or scarily limited features. I managed to land on Thinkific... But knew I needed to upgrade before the course was released...
And then once you get the course, you are going to need a funnel (have you seen the cost of clickfunnels per month?). With a landing page and payment options. And a email marketing tool. And something to run webinars.
Gurucan does all that, and it's just paying one price instead of multiple monthly costs. And there's an app too.
And I don't have the time or the bandwidth to try to learn/remember/explain to people the 5 different tools that are all precariously linked together to make my course work.
I'm officially impressed.

Cons

Ok - the UI could be improved. It's just slightly too simple sometimes.
I would love if it included feedback surveys - has quizzes, but they are more like right or wrong - doesn't allow for the users to submit paragraphs of free text.
It does webinars - would be good if that functionality could be included to create videos inside courses (screencapture, voice recording or even just voice recording aligned with a downloaded presentation)- I think this may be possible with a workaround (and can always record it using other tools, but I'm feeling spoilt by doing it all in one place)

Nickquolette
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 1-5 months

I was on the fence but now....

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

It's clean to look at and it WAY easier to set up as opposed to another program I am currently using.

Pros

I watched so many videos and heard so many great things that I could not pass up on this promising platform. It fits my budget and gives me everything I need to develop a coaching program. And, I can't believe it's mobile too so this will help me sell the program as my clientele are management and above professionals and are always on the move. I can't wait to use it!!

Cons

At this time, I can't really say. I hope part of the role out will include a journal area where students can take notes and the teacher/trainer can review their answers. That would be sweet!

Mighty Networks

Reasons for Choosing Gurucan

This is simpler to use and the quiz area allows for text and not just an a, b, c, answer as I teach resume writing and need the students to write their answers.

Price, price, price
ram
  • Industry: Online Media

Great potential but need some improvement

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I'm still trying with the product and I will update my review as I see things changing.

The main...

The main important thing for us is how fast is the product development. 3 weeks to just remove the footer is very disappointing and too slow in my opinion. There are over 20 highly important requests on the road map if each one took you 3 weeks or more we need to wait some years before we are able to use the product

At this point, I will not switch to Gurucan and I wish all the best for the company and I hope to see some development so I can enjoy using it for my business.

Pros

At first, I fall in love with this deal, however when I start building my course issue after the other start to show up.
Let's start with what I like about Guru can!

1- First deal on Appsumo that offers LMS with an app for IOS and Andriod
2- Easy to use
3- offers membership and webinars(Beta)
4- very responsive support team (it gives me some hope)

Cons

1- Very ugly footer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with a link to the app So it's not completely white label
Over 200 votes on the road map to remove it, and finally, it will be removed after 3 weeks! on Feb 25

2- The app has access to a lot of private information that is not necessary for the app functions for example (Mic, Camera, precise location, contact list, phone status, modify system settings) way more than similar apps like Udemy requires. The support team said they will simplify it in the next week but it's still there.

3- It allows you to offer only one payment method PayPal or stripe, what if some of my clients have Paypal others have stipe!

4- The landing page and the course is very slow (8/100) on the google speed test! (simple page with few pic and one video) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
The support team also mentioned in the Q&A that they will work on the speed and using CDN.

5- there are small glitches here and there as the company is new, for example, I want to have some parts of the course available for free so people can have a look before they buy. that's not available yet. not easy to add testimonials and manage it, you can't customize the check out like what you do with Teachable and other software.

Alex
  • Used for 1-5 months

Amazing platform... ¡Game Changer!

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

The initial implementation and test were very straightforward.

The initial implementation and test were very straightforward.

Pros

This is a pretty awesome tool for digital courses and challenges, especially for the wellness category. Very easy to use and we a lot of future potentials. A plus for us was the option of Spanish as a second language for the platform.

Cons

Still need some additional integrations with industry autoresponders, but I'm pretty sure that the team at GuruCan is working on that.

LearnDash and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Gurucan

Was looking for better options for wellness challenges.

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Best integration between courses, challenges, and private chat with end-user.
Laurent

Easy to create lessons

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

I was looking for an application to create my courses because I already have a Wordpress platform.

Pros

Everything I need to create my school and my courses are present (videos, text, quizzes, HTML, etc.). I can segment my lessons into chapters and lessons.
The user interface is professional and friendly.
The administration panel has been translated into French and my students have an interface in French as well.

Cons

It's a shame that quiz questions have a 200 character limit.
In terms of speed, this could be improved but this is often the case with e-learning platforms.

Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Reputation and positive reviews. The very attractive price.
Ned

Guru-YOU-can

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Pros

Incredibly price point for such a thoroughly useful product. Excellent for course creators & infopreneurs.

Cons

Features still have some additional aspects to compete with some of the bigger (more expensive) players.

Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Price point was a big influencer for me, but the features truly are equal to some of the MUCH more expensive competitors
Henry

Wonderful Solution for Coaches

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

I love that I could set up my lessons very quickly with Gurucan. I'm using it for company internal onboarding and training.

Pros

It is easy to setup. The interface is simple to navigate.

Cons

More integrations would really help to improve this software.

Tutor LMS

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

I wanted to test a different solution. I wanted to try a self-hosted solution over a wordpress based solution.
Rafael

Robust!

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Pros

I liked that I can keep my clickfunnels account and connect it with gurucan once someone makes a purchase

Cons

So far everything is working the way it should.

Nguyen Van
Nguyen Van

Build your online course with ease

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

On overall, you still can create and sell your courses with ease at acceptable level.
You can do...

You can do the job and get profit by selling your course now.
Guru can still be developing and new features are coming.

Pros

Pioneer course app builder:
- Simple & very easy to use.
- Mobile app included.
- Email marketing included.

Cons

- Embed HTML in web app doesn’t work in mobile app such as embed HTML.
- Lack of many features comparing to other apps such as Thinkific.

Radek
Radek
  • Industry: Media Production

Great alternative to Teachable

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

We've been looking for a platform to manage hybrid online classes and revenue generation from educational products. Gurucan fits the bill well with reasonable pricing.

Pros

The system covers a lot of functionality that I'd expect from an education monetisation platform and offers excellent value in comparison with the price offered by competitors.

Cons

It will take some time for the system to reach its maturity. The interface is still a bit rough and the user experience needs streamlining.

Teachable and Podia

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Better pricing and better fit of offered functionality to our use case.
Theo

Flawed software with great potential

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Overall the LMS is ok.
The landing page creator and integrations with payment processors are poor,...

Overall the LMS is ok.
The landing page creator and integrations with payment processors are poor, requiring you to rather use other sales pages if you aren't able to use Stripe and/or Paypal.
Course creation is relatively easy, with a focus on mobile deployment.
Sadly, any videos embedded via Vimeo, Youtube, Wistia etc won't be visible via the mobile app, necessitating either uploading videos to Gurucan's service (extremely poor, requiring multiple attempts at uploading), or transcribing your lesson to their text fields (acceptable. Hint: use transcription software like Otter).

Overall, once deployed, the courses work, but webinars, coaching calls etc... skip these for now until these mature.
I'm keeping the software for very lightweight, select use, but won't use it as my go-to LMS when servicing major clients.

Pros

Mobile-first focus, ability to integrate PabblyConnect to enrol students, relative ease to create offers containing multiple courses.
White-label app possibility (for a price).
If you are a gym/yoga or fitness coach, Gurucan will suit you with repetitions, meal plans, recipes etc.

Cons

Poor integrations with video hosting, HTML embedding and operations hit-and-miss at best, team communication hit-and-miss.
App is very hit-and-miss.
Very hard focus on health-and-fitness industry, not seen in their marketing.

Tutor LMS

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

I didn't so much choose Gurucan over all of these, as run it in parallel with the others. The white-label app is a key selling point.
Megan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A few hiccups but great for a developing product

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

I've just began using gurucan I intend to set up some courses beginning with free ones, which they allow free and paid courses on the platform. Which is great. I'm new to all this so their guides are very helpful. As a new course creator I'm excited to start using the platform more and more to host my courses. It's an exciting time for me and for gurucan as they grow and iron out any issues with their software. I look forward to seeing how they develop in the future.

Pros

I love that jt will allow me to create courses in future at an affordable price. I also love that it has a mobile app. In the era of mobile first that's so important. It has guides to take you through setting it up. There are a lot of features included. You can upload just about any kind of media you can think of. As far as a course platform so far it seems really good.

Cons

There is a few teething issues. There's a problem with translation but that doesn't affect me directly but people need a certified translator to translate courses. And pdf files seem to be insecure which is a problem I hope gets resolved. There's a few other issues but that's to be expected with any new software I can only hope they sort it out soon.

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Because of the price and the mobile app. The deal on appsumo sealed the deal decision wise.
Anna

Great value for money

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

I was about to pay for Thinkific when I found out about Gurucan on AppSumo. Getting it was a no-brainer. It does so much, for such an affordable price!
It is clear that it's still in its growing phase and that things are still being polished up, so I don't expect it to be perfect yet, but it seems extremely promising to me and I'm looking forward to seeing it reach its full potential.

Pros

I love that it has so much in one platform. If you're not too picky, you can set up everything on Gurucan and you don't even need a separate website. Sales page, emails, webinars, online course, CRM... It's so nice to have it all in one place, and think of the money that saves!! This may be my best investment of the year.

Cons

Email marketing isn't amazing, so I probably won't be doing that from Gurucan for now. But I wasn't expecting it to be at the level of email marketing providers, so that's ok.

Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Gurucan

The price is so much cheaper that it was a no-brainer for a new business owner like me. Every penny counts!

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

A very reliable platform to create online courses/programs | Ed T.

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Amazing, until now my experience with GuruCan has been very pleasant. Of course it needs improvements, but I believe that the platform has everything a company needs to create content online with easy. The more incredible part is that fact that you can set everything and let it running automatically. So smooth!

Pros

GuruCan is very versatile and provide a reliable platform to create and sustain online courses with interactive content. What I enjoyed more was the ease of the process to create course and integration of the overall platform.

Cons

The UI feels quiet stiff, therefore I think that it could be more intuitive and responsive.

LearnDash

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

Because of the needs of my company. GuruCan have the facility to scale my online learning platform without much dependency on third parties and unnecessary processes.
Aisling

Highly recommend Gurucan for all your online course needs!

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Overall Gurucan is a really fantastic tool and with the few improvements I think it could be a potential leader in the online course industry! I love the fact that they are integrating webinars too. It's great to have all the services you need as an entrepreneur all in one. I'm enjoying Gurucan so far and would highly recommend to anyone to host their online courses.

Pros

Gurucan is a great tool to host my online courses. It has a very attractive interface, it's very user friendly and has a lot of different options to use such as email marketing, different offers that you can bundle courses together, webinars, discussions quizzes etc. The customer service is fantastic with Gurucan also, I always have a lot of questions and they are never impatient when answering (even if something was in an article and I missed it!)
Really like the ease of use when uploaded videos, adding attachments, homework as necessary and there is no limit to this which is great.

Cons

Some cons are some of the missing features such as; limiting the uses of coupons so that people don't share them and avail of all the discounts.

Another improvement to be made is arranging your courses on your home page (at the moment it just automatically populates). For example I would like to move my courses to show the cheapest first but don't have this option.

Another vital change needed is the the modules of your course to show on left hand side or right hand side when in another lesson. I know from my experience and other students when going through the course you might want to skip the modules but at the moment on Gurucan you can't see the other modules when you're in a lesson. You also can't click previous lesson.

Iurii

Impressive & very versatile software

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

I am overly impressed with the versatile tools Gurucan has to offer. If you are in a training & coaching business looking to spread your knowledge to the world, then Gurucan could help your business to go on the lucky way!

Pros

As I started to experiment with Gurucan, I found out that it is very simple to use, and it has some very cool feature. It is like having all needed products in 1 for an online training and coaching business:
• Landing Pages
• Prerecorded Video Courses
• Blog Articles
• On Demand Content
• Email Broadcast & Automation
• Push Notifications
• Quizzes
• Challenges
• Coupons
• Payments by Stripe and Paypal integration
• + Mobile App!!! and more…

Cons

• Live Webinars & Autowebinars, unfortunately still in beta and should be improved

Kajabi

More versatile
Stephanie

Wow, this might change my whole online training strategy

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

We've had success offering online courses; however, we've always wanted to provide our students' membership access. With Gurucan, features like webinars, chats, and articles can now offer additional benefits to members. This allows us to support students all year long.

Pros

I've been looking for a way to take our online course experience to a new level. While Gurucan has all the main features, the gem is their mobile app. With mobile access, students can access our training everywhere.

Cons

I'm slightly disappointed that I can't offer prospective students the option to pay via Paypal or Stripe. The platform forces you to choose one option. I hope that changes soon.

Reasons for Switching to Gurucan

The mobile app is the game-changer
Krisia
Krisia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy, intuitive, integrated solution packed with features

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

I set up my first course within minutes. the platform is easy to use, walks you through the process, and the course looks great!
I've already recommended Gurucan to a few others!

Pros

My courses, challenges, webinars, and membership are all in one place that can be accessed on a desktop or mobile device.

Cons

I would like to see integration with Convertkit, but this is still early days, and I'm sure there are more integrations to come.

Maria
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The best for my needs

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

I've been looking for the best LMS for my students for years. Even before the pandemic hit and I haven't had any luck finding the quality and price. Gurucan it's the perfect combination of these things and I am so happy. I hope they continue improving their app and don't abandon this amazing product.

Pros

I love the fact that my students are able to see all the content from their phone through the app. They don't need to go to any website to see my content. It's their one touch away.

Cons

The htlm doesn't work on the app but it works on the desktop version

Dnia

Gurucan, an LMS with a lot of potential

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

So far my experience with Gurucan has its negative and positive points. The platform has everything I can ask from an LMS, but when you try to implement the functionalities, there is always some problem that prevents the overall experience from being smooth.

Pros

Gurucan is a cloud-based LMS platform where you can offer courses to your audience. What I like most about Gurucan is that it has everything you would want from an LMS. In Gurucan you can create courses, challenges, webinars and even create simple marketing automations.
Gurucan is an ambitious platform and it shows.

Cons

Gurucan has several points to improve. The overall UX of the platform is not excellent and the look and feel also has a lot of room for improvement.
Sometimes the platform has been down for hours, something unacceptable in a SaaS. However, I believe that the team behind Gurucan has a lot of motivation and desire to grow, so I have no doubt that in the future it will be an excellent alternative to better known LMS platforms.

Akbar

Great for Online Tutors

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Pros

Easy to use platform and yet powerful enough for professional use. I love the mobile apps and CRM/Marketing combo that is included in the package.

Cons

Compatible with either PayPal OR Stripe. Should be able to accept both because not all prospective students have PayPal, and not everyone has access to Stripe. By taking both, we can enroll the vast majority of prospective students on this planet.

Greg
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

LMS Mobile App - Excited!

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Getting a course created and launched quickly. A proof of concept lower cost offering. Then will be building from that level with more elaborate offerings.

Pros

I recently purchased Gurucan and I'm super excited. I recently took a 7 week course through another organization that was all mobile app based with daily micro-lessons. It was an excellent way to learn in small chunks. I'm super excited to use this same approach with my content - and give my clients the ability to use the mobile and/or web app. Gurucan has a good LMS foundation now. With what the leadership has planned for its roadmap, there is bright future ahead.

Cons

This is newer software. As such it has some rough edges in place. Fortunately, the rough edges for me right now are not in places that will cause issues. And by the time I will need them, the product roadmap has them forecast to be addressed.

Justin

Best value for entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Pros

Trying to find the best course software to be frustrating, time consuming and also very expensive. That’s why am excited about guru can. It offers features at an affordable price so anybody can download it and get started right away chasing after their dreams of entrepreneurship and teaching.

Cons

This is hardly a con, but there might be almost too many features. Sometimes we can get analysis paralysis when we have too many options. Overall though, it’s definitely a small con versus all the value you get.

Nhu

Great tool! Its mobile first approach makes all the difference!

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

I have a great experience with Gurucan. It has mobile first approach, hence the way they designed their platform is a little different from other platforms (I have been using Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, New Zenler), but it really makes a lot of sense.

Pros

I love how intuitive it is for both course creators and learners. The possibility to create courses and membership in one tool is amazing. They have some unique features, such as Challenges and Offers - that open a lot of opportunities for course and membership site creation.

Cons

Their footer has some adverts for Visa and Master Card, and point to the download link of their mobile app, which makes this tool not 100% white label. I hope they will have a solution for that soon.

Daniela
Daniela
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

All in one learning platform

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Pros

It's an all in one learning platform, offering course creation, email marketing, landing pages, and even an app with push notifications. It's way more affordable than other solutions like Kajabi.

Cons

It is a newer platform, which means the page building functionality is pretty limited. I look forward to seeing how they develop it in the future.