WeVideo

4.5/5

Craige Hardel

Great cloud solution

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Really smooth experience and seamless imported. Saved me so much energy and worry

Pros

Wonderful substitute for most offline solutions. Video editing is snappy and seamless which saves time and money too.

Cons

Customization for audio and effects aren't up to scratch as some other solutions. It would be nice to have the option to have more users on various plans.

InVideo

Reasons for Choosing WeVideo

needed something extra

Shotcut

Reasons for Switching to WeVideo

I use both but wevideo more because it is more of an allround solution for most videos.
Amr
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use video Creation Platform.

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

I use the WeVideo platform to create video tutorials, educational materials, and short video promotions for training programs. It helps me share my creations with teammates for feedback. And share my work with clients for approval before the final course production. It’s a cloud-based platform that makes it easy to share content with anyone with a web browser and internet connection.

Pros

WeVideo is easy to use and has a full range of video creation tools and features. It allows me to create and edit videos directly within web browsers. Needless to download any software.

The video editor user interface is easy to navigate and use. Also, the screen recording, webcam recording, and the green screen features are super vital for video tutorials.

The assets library has a variety of media types and content categories. And the export features allow exporting videos in high-quality and minimal file size.

Cons

The video transitions library has a limited number and old fashion transitions. Also, the feature of adding text to videos has limited design capabilities.

Camtasia, Loom and Prezi

Reasons for Switching to WeVideo

WeVideo is easy to use, a total solution for video creation, rich in features and allows exporting videos in high-quality and minimal file size.
Oscar

Cloud-Based video editing solution with professional features

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Pros

WeVideo include options like animated text and motion titles that make it much easier to create videos with fonts and eye-catching presentations.
The green screen option is very interesting and the result is fantastic.
Supports screen recording.

Cons

The UI is messier than other video programs, can be dificult for beginners.
The resources library is limited.

Biteable and FlexClip
Hala
  • Industry: Fine Art

WeVideo

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Overall, it is amazing. I like it because it is simple and I can only handle simple! It has helped me get my auditions done, edited, converted into smaller files, and it publishes them and helps me get them out to the casting people really efficiently. It feels like I get a great looking, finished product in minimal processing time, so I can focus on my work being really in depth--I mean, I can rehearse more and waste less time on the packaging and distribution part.

Pros

I figured out how to edit pretty quickly--even with my kids out of call-button range : ) I love that Google has everything: lots of storage, and easy-to-use and incredibly modern tools. I paid about $100 and that has been a wonderful investment considering how much easier it has made my life. I can convert media files from my camera into much smaller, easy-to-transfer mp4s and get things done quickly.

Cons

Mine lags a lot when I'm watching it back. I have to hope it is performing better for people on the other end (and that the issue is my old-ish computer or my Internet speed? IDK--no techie genes over here). I also wish I could see WHO viewed my videos since it is usually a handful and I'm wondering if they have been really going over it or if it was a one-and-done deal. It would give me feedback on my work in that way.

Daniel

An Incredibly Welcoming Online Video Editor

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

WeVideo has been my school system's video editing tool for several years now, and I have been extremely happy with it. Using it with students for projects and morning announcements has been easy and fun, and it has even inspired some students to look more into video editing. The range of tools is great, and users can choose to dive in with greenscreen effects, stock footage, and more, or take a less overwhelming approach and use the simple video capture tool to take short videos and post it.

Pros

WeVideo is an excellent tool for video editing, both for those who are experienced in editing and those who are newer. The tool has several different modes, with the "Storyboard" mode showing a simpler window for those who are new, whereas the "Timeline" mode displays the editing screen in a similar way to many other editing tools. The software can easily click videos together and overlay text, stock images/videos, music, and more with an easy-to-use library and video track system. Working with others on the tool is also easy by creating a "Shared Project". There is even a classroom option for teachers to work with their students!

Cons

There are small tweaks that WeVideo could make to improve, such as their "Group" manager tool, but I've found every time I had an issue and sent in feedback, they changed it very quickly!

Karen

Very Smooth, Very Quick, Surprisingly Robust

Reviewed on 05/07/2020

Overall, I feel confident I can make interactive video for my work with confidence. I love that it plays nice with Google Drive or Dropbox, as well as Exports to Twitter, Facebook, or embeds to my website easily. Overall, I love this product.

Pros

WeVideo is intuitive. There are many options and features, but the interface is clean and uncluttered. When you want to get in and get out, make the video, this is what you want to use. I love that is renders, and exports to many different locations without me having to babysit. I can click Finish and let it do its thing while I move on to the next task.

Cons

The product is cloud-based, for some this is a drawback if you need to finish the video or podcast quickly - your bandwidth makes a difference.

Screencastify

Reasons for Choosing WeVideo

Cost and no install necessary.

Reasons for Switching to WeVideo

WeVideo is so much more than a screencasting software.
Osama
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Video Online Editor with Arabic Support

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

Overall, it gets the job done without needing to install software. Since the data is stored in the cloud, WeVideo gives you peace of mind that your videos are safe.

Pros

I have used WeVideo a few hours everyday. You need a good internet connection to use it smoothly. The interface is good. I love that it supports Arabic language. The rendering is quite good. If they gave an option to upload fonts, It would make text and titles look even better. The split shortcut (S) gives a lot of flexibility and speed.

Cons

No outline or shadow on the text. I do it manually but it takes a lot of time. If they can add this feature, they would get more customers.

Adding more keyboard shortcuts would make editing faster.

Support is slow.

Somtimes the exports can take some time depending on the queue.

Filmora, InVideo and Promo.com

Reasons for Switching to WeVideo

Arabic support for the titles. Easy to line up audio and video. The rendering and export is done in the cloud, and they give 1TB of storage.
Sheila
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

WeVideo for students and staff!

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

We have been using WeVideo on our student and staff Chromebooks for over 3 years. I provide professional development for our staff and also go into classrooms to co-teach. Students love the features and staff enjoy being able to rely on the library of images, sounds, video clips and animations right in the program!

Pros

WeVideo is powerful enough for all of of users, but the design of the software is intuitive enough to support beginners!

Cons

Real time collaboration-though I hear this is coming!

Robert
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

great experience

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Pros

i like this produce because it comes with a lot of features that you can use i enjoy playing with it but wish it ofered more in the line of what something like Createstudio does

Cons

not a whole lot i didnt like i made the switch this year to create studio and wish i didnt because theres not as many transition etc, though they have more stock music and different items like that which is nice...

Rabika

Lots of Features with easy sharing solutions

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

A great platform to make cloud video editing and sharing. I can edit my video anywhere on any kind of topic. For personal, professional, or industrial use, WeVideo is just the perfect choice for an editor.

Pros

It can edit videos with various tools, can add plenty of effects easily, takes zero storage on a phone or laptop, and whatnot!

Cons

Fewer fonts and designs to add text as well as less powerful for quality or precise video making.

Ryan

Easy to use and is just about everything you need.

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

As I have used WeVideo over the years my skills have improved. There is almost nothing I need to do that I can't accomplish in WeVideo. There are a few features I would like, but overall it fulfill my needs. While I personally have access to other installed video software such as iMovie and Microsoft's Video Editor, I prefer to work in WeVideo.

Pros

Most important to me is that this software works on Chromebooks. There is no download necessary, and because it is web based, the projects can be worked on from any internet connected computer. There is no better option for schools.
I have used many different device types and video formats, and WeVideo has never failed to be able to use them. I don't have to mess with converting a file or downloading a codec. WeVideo seems to take just about anything I throw at it, video wise.
There is an easy mode for beginners, and a more advanced mode to do just about anything you want. The additional stock videos, images and music is fantastic. I don't have to be concerned with copyright issues if a video is posted on YouTube. Students can be directed to use what is available, and there is so much that they don't feel the need to download something else.
The transitions, chroma key (green screen), the ability to fade in and out, and change the speed of a clip are all tools I use frequently.
Finally, the ability to set up projects for student groups and now the ability to have multiple editors working at the same time is great.

Cons

There are two features that I would like to be added. One is the ability to reverse a video and make it play backwards. Sometimes there is a clip, like curtains opening that I would like to have a copy of moving backwards, so that I can have the same curtains closing.
Another feature I would like is motion tracking. Microsoft's Video Editor has built in Motion tracking. It is simple, but easy to use. This would be useful to block a student's face, or cover a sign. There are video clips that are provided that have tracking markers, but no way to use them. It would also be nice if there was a blur feature, like a shape that can be blurry instead of just a color.

Rhonda

Good for students, I have one complaint

See above

Pros

I use this myself and manage as many as 85 projects at one time. I find it easy to use and explain. Most of my users are 12-14 years old. They do complex programs with interviews, live video, cut-aways, music and voice overs. We use it for podcasting as well. Each student does between 1-4 projects a quarter year of school.

Cons

Your new interface hides the sound bar so that it requires an additional click to find it. Making kids have a harder time with what was always their hardest thing to manage.
Your new interface hide where the edit is filed into a project so kids who open an edit and just start putting clips on the timeline are not building them in the assigned "shared with me project" which makes in impossible for me to monitor them or see their progress. You also do not have a mechanism to move an existing edit into a "project " file that was assigned to them. This leaves me in the unfortunate problem of either requiring them to rebuild the edit in the appropriate place, or finish the video (without shared video files) and without my supervision of the students work.

Jocelyn

The best video editor ever!

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

It's been amazing, I've been using the platform for the last couple of months and I am planning on continue using it. It's great to know that I have a place where I can edit my class videos, create rooms for my students to add their own creations, not only videos but podcasts, GIFs and more, and share their insights in a fun way. WeVideo offered me a 30 day trial, then I bought the Education version and honestly it's totally worth it. I recommended this platform to some of my coworkers and they loved it as well.

Pros

I just love all the features WeVideo has to offer. You can merge videos into one, add transitions, text and different filters. One of the best parts is that you can do all this without any restriction from you smartphone and computer. Another amazing feature WeVideo has is that it includes an Education form of the platform, which allows me to create rooms where students can add their videos and watch videos I upload and edit throughout the platform.

Cons

Nothing, WeVideo is amazing and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I will definitely continue using this platform to create and edit videos.

Emily

The Best Introductory Online Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

WeVideo has been amazing for online teaching. I make tons of videos and recorded lessons for students, and while I don’t often need all of the bells and whistles WeVideo can offer, I love having the option and the quality of the videos I can make are never lacking. Every county doing online learning (and even the one’s that aren’t) should look into getting WeVideo for their teachers!

Pros

WeVideo has so many features that make it the optimal introduction to video editing for students or for adults who have yet to try their hands at editing. It is completely online, meaning you don’t have to download any large software files, and you can access your work online from any computer you can log in on. Users can edit in a normal timeline mode for those who have some experience, or you can use the storyboard mode which makes it easier to follow and edit for newer users. It has so much stock footage anyone can use, and even has themes that you can apply to the entire video that automatically add music, transitions, and title cards that fit a theme of your choice! Once you are more experienced, the depth of options this software can give you is impressive - from greenscreen and video effects to multiple track layering!

Cons

It’s hard to think of any issues with WeVideo! There are a lot of options, and it can get overwhelming if you search through all of the options before getting a base understanding of editing, but that can also be a benefit for those who want to explore or create high quality videos!

Nancy
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

So much fun and easy too

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Last spring I was scared of anything technical. I could use a computer for work with ease, but learning anything new was difficult - and troubleshooting??? Never! With remote learning forcing me to use more and more online tools, I've upped my game considerably. I'm now one of the teachers my co-workers come to for help! Wevideo has created a platform for me to use with my kids that makes them feel cool and accomplished. I am able to create videos that play for morning announcements in our school. Next year, I plan to begin a broadcasting course, and we will definitely be using Wevideo for our creation and editing.

Pros

The steps to creating a video on Wevideo are straightforward and easy to use. I have a classroom account and was able to show my 6th graders how to create videos. They took to it like fish to water and are creating great products.

Cons

It's difficult to have a group of kids working on the same video, but unable to be doing work at the same time. Only one student can be on the project doing editing at a time. It would also be great to be able to upload Google slides rather than having to upload a Screencastify version of the slides and edit from there.

Syed

WeVideo - ‘is an useful tool with cloud storage for creator and business owner to grow new...

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

My overall experience with WeVideo is great. This is a very helpful tool for the creator. It has a very reasonable cost compared to other tools. I would say WeVideo is extremly useful platform for any business owner to develop.

Pros

I must say that video editing becomes very easy with WeVideo and store the work quickly because it offers cloud storage. I am using this tool for a long time because my clients are quite happy with all the presentations. I think professional-looking videos with voice-over now a matter of few minutes. I like the fact that WeVideo is packed with a lot of important features such as video clips, images, music, animations, and element. Also, you can upload your own selected image, video, music, etc this is amazing. This software enables you to work online so, you don’t need to download it which is very convenient.

Cons

I wish if they could have more elements and audio edit option to be more creative with the design. WeVideo offers only 5 minutes of video download with a free version. If anyone wants to download longer videos then they need to go for a paid version which not always affordable.

Carol

WeVideo Rocks for Educators and Students

Reviewed on 01/01/2021

I have loved using WeVideo. I teach a Broadcasting class, and it is very intuitive for our students. They pick up the basics very quickly, so that I can then focus on the creativity for my class.

Pros

My district adopted WeVideo and it has been a game changer for our students. It is easy to use, but full of features. Students can present their ideas in a creative way using the stock library of videos, images, and audio which is a huge plus compared to other video editing platforms. Teachers also use it to create presentations for teaching.

Cons

Until this year, the collaborative features were not working well. However, the most recent update solved that problem. Students can now work on a video together in real time. That is a game changer!

Joseph

It's the best

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

100% amazing. Great customer service and a powerful product that gives my students authentic hands-on experiences with video.

Pros

Prior to WeVideo I had used iMovie and was pleasantly surprised to see that this was so much better. It's powerful, cloud based, and allows my students to collaborate seamlessly while making it possible for me to check out their work and give feedback. Privacy standards are set for student work as well. My students use this product every day for student news productions and it has given them a chance to exhibit their creativity for the entire school community to enjoy.

Cons

The only issue that I can think of is that it is missing the ability to screenshot frames of the video at this point.

JoEllen
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

WeVideo for Education

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

When our administrators can use a video editing software to create a virtual celebration for exiting students and a virtual tour for incoming students, teachers can create screencasts of activities to help students understand what to do, students can record a narration of their work, office staff can create a video from student-submitted photos and videos for Teacher Appreciation Week, and tech staff can create video tutorials for staff, all with the same product, you know you have a robust product! We love WeVideo!

Pros

WeVideo is a versatile, easy to use tool for staff and students to create and edit videos. We used it A LOT this past spring during Distance Learning! Our staff has used it for screencasting, narration, and creating videos for instruction. Our students use it for creating videos to show their learning. This is a valuable resource for us!

Cons

WeVideo is always adding new features-- so when there's room for improvement, I know they're working on it!
I would love to see real-time collaboration on a shared project.
I would also love to see the ability to edit something within a video, not just clip a segement.

Karen
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

WeVideo is a great tech tool.

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

In a high school setting, I have used WeVideo for projects for staff development, classroom project, and extracurricular activities. It's a versatile tool that gets lots of love!

Pros

This is video editing software that a super easy to learn and you can produce a quality project with very little experience of training. The more you use it, the better you become as you learn all it can do.

Cons

As you become more proficient in video production and editing, you kind of "out-grow" this program and want to move to something more sophisticated. But many users are content to stay right here.

Katrina
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best program for video editing in school environment

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Due to the simplicity of the program I find I am doing very little training on the program itself. The short "Help" videos are an excellent resource! The site is surprisingly stable. In fact I can recall the site going down once in the last 8 years I have used it!

Pros

I have been using WeVideo for 8 years. I have found nothing comparable for the price. Simple enough for elementary students to use, yet robust enough for the prosumer in your organization. Over the years WeVideo has worked consistently to improve the program by continually adding new features as requested by users. I have and will continue to recommend WeVideo to all.

Cons

WeVideo has worked diligently over the years to improve the program. Generally, new features are added when requested by users within months. New features are generally fairly stable, even in beta, and support is quick and consistent. I really don't have anything I disliked about the program.

Sandra

Easy to Use Even for Elementary Students

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Pros

WeVideo is easy to use and helps even beginning users create a professional looking final video. I love the stock library of images and the software works well with many formats of video when you upload your own. My students can find the pictures and video clips they need for their projects in a safe environment. It is very easy to save and share projects. Plus you can use the same software to record video, a screen cast and a podcast.

Cons

You can find tutorials online for WeVideo. It would be nice to have help feature or FAQ section available within in the editing screen.

Rachel
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

WeVideo editing made simple"

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Pros

Once you get started editing in WeVideo you'll realise just how easy vidoe making is. It is simple to use and very intuitive. With royalty free content included it saves pupils time when creating their own videos. There is such a big network of educator support and collaborative video projects are a huge benefit to WeVideo.

Cons

The cost factor is one slight negative however it is well worth spending the money especially if pupils are using Chromebooks as there is no other alternative to it!

John

With WeVideo, our school continued to communicate and celebrate in fun and engaging ways!

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

I am so very happy we found this product in a time when personal communication had become rare and impossible at the school level. Our Friday Wrap-up videos are the highlight of each week.

Pros

I love that I can come back week after week and build from my own template, making and creating updates, or squeezing in new content without spending 10+ hours to accomplish a high quality video. I also love the unique editing capabilities and robust stock video/ photo availabilities!

Cons

I am looking forward to some updates with the animated text features. As a weekly user, I am always looking for ways to spice up my videos that are text-dependent.

Kevin
  • Industry: Media Production

Easily Integrates With Google

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

So far, WeVideo has delivered a beginner-friendly editor that is easy to demo and fun for kids to create with. It even has a screencast feature if you don't have a full subscription to something like Screencastify.

Pros

This web-based editor makes teaching video production a breeze whether I'm in the classroom or teaching remotely. It provides access-anywhere collaboration and storage a reality for schools on a tight budget. An intuitive interface with a feel similar to the pricier pro NLEs provides a lot of bang for the buck, including color correction, chroma-key, and a stock library like I've never seen. The stock media is awesome! It integrates beautifully with Google Drive so media storage is not a problem and I can assign projects to individuals or groups with ease. I had my doubts, but this does the trick for an entry-level video class.

Cons

One thing I cannot do in WeVideo is unlink the audio from the video in a clip. This makes split edits (L- or J- cuts) a little more difficult by making you use a second video track. It's not the worst thing, but when I'm teaching how to smooth out a cut like the pros, who use FCP or Premiere, I have to add a caveat about the limitations of this NLE.