Malwarebytes for Business Reviews

Malwarebytes for Business

4.7 (2,439)
Write a Review!
Complete cybersecurity software for businesses

(2,439)

Victor
Victor

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool.
Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market.
For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection.
Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet.
It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

Pros

1 - Friendly interface.
2 - Extremely easy to use.
3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones.
4 - Free version with several features.
5 - Different tools for different types of threats.
6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life.
7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Cons

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

In comparison with Malwarebytes, the program had many flaws and was totally lacking, with the new antivirus (Malwarebytes), I feel totally protected.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Faster detection, cheaper plans, more efficient and with a much more friendly interface.
Petr
Petr
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Fast malware antivirus

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

Pros

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is.
The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control.
Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

Cons

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Avast has failed to remove some types of malware.

product price
Abhishek
  • Industry: Computer Games

A fine protection for your pc

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

It was quite smooth. But for better protection, I also use quick heal in parallel (better performanc...

It was quite smooth. But for better protection, I also use quick heal in parallel (better performance)

Pros

1.) Free version is also available
2.) Easy to use
3.) Does not consume excessive RAM and computing power
4.) Has enough features for pc malware protection
5.) It can detect malware during boot time( this is a very very important feature)

Cons

1.) Although free version is available but still lags important features( premium version fulfill the vaccum)
2.) It's virus database is not so huge. It many times fails to detect malware ( I hope this will improve in the future)
3.) Its automatic update is quite laggy. May times I have to manually update it
4.) Premium version is little bit costly

Aakash

Efficient and powerful

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Pros

It’s easy to use if you need to open the application. It also runs well in the background and protects you without interfering with any of your work.

Cons

It would be good for it to have an option to regularly communicate with the end users to inform them of common security practices and how to stay safe online

Rick
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Product

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Pros

Very good at finding malicious content in real time and quarantining it. Reasonably priced. Easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

System does take a hit in processing power but it is worth it for the risks involved.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Good reviews and I have used the free version of Malwarebytes for many years so I know the value of this product and familiarity with it.
Ross

Malwarebytes for Business

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Pros

The easiness of the user interface and the functionality of the data protection and periodic scans

Cons

Sometimes it can miss potential threats

Shenal
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the best Malware remover

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Pros

I had some malware on Google chrome and this helped me to get rid of that in few minutes. You can easily remove adware too.

Cons

I only used the trial since the product is bit expensive for me and my team.

Aline
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Product with high quality and efficiency

Reviewed on 27/05/2024

My experience is great, he always helps me with whatever I need.

My experience is great, he always helps me with whatever I need.

Pros

Product effectiveness always protecting the computer

Cons

Short free period, should have more days

diego
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

a powerfull antimalware

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Pros

we use it in addiction to our antivirus, when I have some suspicious file or strange thinks that appens

Cons

we have no issue, we use the free version.. so no CONS for us

Rajan
  • Industry: Music

Best malware software

Reviewed on 27/05/2024

The best software u can find to prote t your system.

The best software u can find to prote t your system.

Pros

Ive been using malwarebytes since many months and i can say its trustable.and and pc is safe.

Cons

No cons in malwarebytes.as its the best software.

Christopher
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Pros

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Cons

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

The other products, especially Norton are super clunky and way more expensive. For me, Malwarebytes was also the most effective, valuable, and simple to use.

Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

I switched from Norton because it was to resource-intensive on a computer and was much more expensive.
Kristina

Malwarebytes is dependable

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Pros

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Cons

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes was much better and easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

I can use it in conjunction with my current antivirus program, to enhance security. It was easy to use and dependable.
Darian
Darian
  • Industry: Insurance

Review of Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

We needed a new antivirus after our old one was letting us down and decided to purchase 2 antivirus licenses, Malwarebytes being one of those two. It has performed fantastically.

Pros

Many of us in the department were already familiar with malwarebytes through our personal use. We decided on a company-wide rollout since our personal experience with the defense was top-tier.

Cons

When at a user's computer, we are unable to view logs while at that computer and instead have to go login to the UI at the IT desk to view those logs which is inconvenient. Otherwise it works very well.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Kaspersky was unable to find viruses on computers we tested that Malwarebytes could. Our kaspersky setup was not finding anything while other programs were able to find much more, so we switched.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

We chose malwarebytes because it ran with low CPU on the employee machine during scans which allowed them to work without slowdowns. Other software we tested would sometimes freeze machines because there were so many processes going on.
Tibor
Tibor
  • Industry: Entertainment

Malwarebytes the best all around virus and malware prevention app

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Malwarebytes was always our choice over any other virus/malware detection app because it proved to outperform any other such apps, they were always up-to-date on the latest threats and often recognized and caught threats before many other virus checker program did, including Norton.

Pros

We tested several security apps for a couple of years running them side by side and Malwarebytes always came out on top, it was the first to catch anything, even detected many threats other programs would not. We truly recommend Malwarebytes to businesses as well as individuals as one of the best and most uptodate program. It was a realtime monitoring service which immediately catches any threats and quarantine it and alerts you about it, also gives you the option to keep it quarantined or delete it. They also have good tech support.

Cons

Although there is a free personal version it is a bit pricey for businesses.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes just proved to be a better overall app, we even ran other apps alongside it for a couple of years but Malwarebytes came out on top in most cases
Greg
Greg

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Pros

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Cons

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

SpyHunter

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Because MWB is superior product they have the team and research to support their claims and their success speaks for itself.
ma

am a techie and i used almost every tool in my regular job to my existing customers,

Reviewed on 24/06/2023

Am very much impressed with this software as myself being a techie I know we need software that can run up to our expectations I personally give 5 stars to this software.

Pros

I found this malware byte most accurate and most important it removed the preinstalled software which actually stuck in your pc and sat for a very long time and slowing down your pc.This is one of the best software with high accuracy and with less space. I personally recommended this use for a slow pc and threat deduction.

Cons

For business, it's very useful kinda easy to use and it takes less space and is easy to install, and will not give you much trouble it will run on its own.

New
New

Malwarebytes: Easy fixes

Reviewed on 09/11/2019

My experience with Malwarebytes has been exceptional. It's my go-to program for keeping everything safe on computers. I have been a fan of it for years.

Pros

I love how Malwarebytes works in the background unintrusively. It has so many features and offers so much security. In a time where new malware is showing up what feels like daily, It makes me feel like my work which can be sensitive is secure. I love the web protection feature, and also scheduling scans after we all finish for the day so no one will be in the way. It's also a great value for all that it does.

Cons

I used the free version for a while. I later switched to the paid version which was a great value and had some features I really use.

Renee

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

Reviewed on 25/03/2018

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Pros

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Cons

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.

Abel

Malware Bytes, for any Business?

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

As somebody who invests a ton of energy in PCs for both work and relaxation, I put extraordinary significance on having a solid antivirus and security framework to safeguard my gadgets. Throughout the long term, I have attempted different projects, including well known ones like McAfee and Norton, however I viewed them as unsuitable because of issues like exorbitant costs, irritating highlights, and terrible showing. As of late, I went over Malwarebytes when I thought my PC had malware influencing its exhibition. I chose to download the free rendition and was dazzled with its exhibition, driving me to buy the top notch variant for every one of my gadgets. I'm very happy with this program and strongly suggest it.

Pros

This program is highly effective in identifying and preventing potential security threats. It stays up-to-date with the latest security threats, making it a reliable source of protection. Additionally, in the event of a security breach, it simplifies the cleanup process for IT staff. The program's user-friendly interface enables easy management of security incidents and the creation of custom security policies.

Cons

I believe that behavior monitoring tools should be incorporated into their current product to keep up with the current risk environment. I think that these tools should be considered a standard feature. Similar to other endpoint security products, the cost of this product is based on the number of devices. However, I feel that this pricing model is outdated and should be based on factors such as expertise or more practical scaling and adjusting standards.

GERALD
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Because it never seems to find and quarantine Malware I honestly don't know if it's doing its job or how effective it is.

Pros

Product is fairly easy to use unless you have a problem. I generally let it run in background and do it's thing.

Cons

I really doubt Malwarebytes' effectiveness in finding malware. In the past two years it has not found one piece of malware, though there definitely has been malware in my system. For instance my Google Search default search engine regularly gets hijacked by Yahoo Search. I have to manually go into Google settings, delete Yahoo, and put Google back as my default. And within a months or two the same thing happens and Yahoo again hijacks my system. Clearly there is malware in my system, the kind of thing that Malwarebytes advertises itself as catching. But it never does. I contacted customer support twice about this infuriating issue and never received a reply.

I find Malwarebytes advertising confusing and possibly deceptive. The company states it finds viruses and other forms of malware, but many reputable tech sites say definitively that Malwarebytes is not a virus checker and one should use a separate virus checker. I use Windows Defender. However Malwarebytes makes you jump through a bit of a hoop to enable a separate virus checker.

I find Premium quite expensive, about 70.00 Canadian per year. Fortunately I was grandfathered in on the original premium for life. Otherwise I would drop it.

Many virus programs do this but Malwarebytes has conflicted with other programs. It can drive you a bit batty trying to find the conflict.

Eoin

Great tool in a multi-tiered approach to desktop security

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Our small business and family has been using Malwarebytes premium since 2015. If you look at the cost vs the potential "work" hours lost or potential for "ransomeware" attack. We use Malwarebytes as part of a 4 tiered approach: 1. Data backup to multiple locations. 2. Strong AV software, 3 Strong Antimalware software, 4. Regular desktop/laptop Hard disc imaging.
I highly recommend some level of protection and Malwarebytes check all my boxes. As the "Help Desk" for my family, I have purchased licenses to protect them as well.

Pros

Very easy to install and setup. System runs in the background, does backup scans and on-demand scans of downloads. Has strong anti-ransomeware capabilities. Created by a company with decades in the industry. Group licenses make the software more affordable.

Cons

When there are sites we want to "white list", you can't do it from the warning popup, but instead go into the program and search for the whitelist settings. I'd love to see a "Whitelist for 10 minutes option". We tend to get "false positives" on sites with expired SSL certs.

John

My secret weapon....

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

My overall experience with Malwarebytes has been most excellent. I have constantly recommended it to family, friends and customers over the years.

Pros

I had a small computer business for about 5 years. I had customers constantly bringing me laptops and desktops that were full of malware and viruses.

Sometimes it was almost impossible to navigate because there was so much malware controlling the operating system and the browsers.

I would always find a way to install Malwarebytes on my customer's computer and update the definitions (when possible).

Then I would run this outstanding software and let it do what it does best.....quickly and easily find and remove even the toughest and nastiest malware, no matter how deeply it was embedded.

When Malwarebytes was done scanning, it would show all the instances of malware and red. I would simply select all malware and press remove! Done!!

I would reboot the system and I was then able to freely navigate and inspect the computer for any more potentially hazardous software or security breaches.

Malwarebytes was my go-to software for removing malicious malware and viruses from my customers computers. They thought I was a genius!!

By the time I was done, their computers were running pristine once again.

I have not been in the computer business for several years now, but whenever a friend or family member has "issues" with your notebooks, you can guess what I install first thing.

Malwarebytes rocks!!
Also, the premium version is fairly priced for what this software does for you.

-John Lawrence, Canada

Cons

Sometimes it did take more than 30 minutes to fully scan the computer.
However, this was usually because there was an enormous amount of files to be scanned or it was a slower PC.

Martin
Martin

Effective and highly recommended protection

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

its is effective in detecting malicious data and providing protection against malware attacks, data loss and network breach

Pros

simple user interface, friendly customer support, easy to use and implement

Cons

takes time to scan for any malicious threats inside a computer and network

Temple
  • Industry: Automotive

Industries Best

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

Its always been simple and easy to manage.

Its always been simple and easy to manage.

Pros

Simple Interface with complicated protection

Cons

There really are no downfalls to this program.

McAfee Security for Email Servers

Better Security and Options

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

More affordable and easier to navigate.