VSDC Video Editor Reviews

Write a Review!
Video editing software for designers

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Ben
Ben

Easy to use, fantastic effects

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

It was good when I first tried it a few years ago, but it's continued to improve. The workflow is easy and intuitive, and the effects are what I'd expect in an expensive product.

Pros

I've found VSDC to have an intuitive workflow and a robust selection of amazing effects. It has everything I need (and then some) to easily make the music videos I'm working on. And the finished products are top-notch professional quality I'm confident in sharing with the public.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about VSDC. If I had to pick something, maybe having to pay for premium features, but the price is practically free (less for a whole year than Adobe Premier is for one month), so I don't have any complaints at all.

Still relevant to-date. I love it!

Reviewed on 29/10/2022

VSDC is still very relevant up to date. It is timeless and has a lot to offer at an affordable price. I still use it for its simplicity.

Pros

Very versatile and loaded video editor with all functionalities for remarkable video editing. The VSDC has a very familiar user interface to applications like VideoPad. It was an easy pick for my first-time video editing practice and I loved it. From the onset of video import to export, every step is very easy for any user with or without video editing experience. The import function is able to detect the video properties such as FPS, Format size, Aspect ratio and even bitrates. These parameters can be adjusted when creating a new project depending on the intended user platform such as YouTube etc. The drag and drop feature to the scene/timeline is also very useful and eliminates any complications with the timeline. I find the editor commands and naming a bit unconventional but very relatable to anyone from a point of normal understanding of videos. For example, when separating audio from video, many applications such Adobe Premiere Pro or Magix Video Pro X would have the option to ‘unlink’ the video and audio. In VSDC such function is done by choosing ‘don’t use audio’ or split to video and audio. This is very easy to understand for a person trying/learning video editing for the first time.

Cons

Its non-conventional video editing options became problematic when I tried switching to other applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro. I had learnt so much with VSDC but felt like I was back to ground zero. With that said, I would still pick it up again for first time video editing.

Abel

Create, edit, perfection.

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

VSDC is one of the most used video editors. It can be used for anything, from small advertisements to short films. It only gets amazing with the pro pack.

Pros

One of the best video editing softwares out there. It has a ton of loaded features which can suite any of our needs. It allows a great deal of text editing which is really useful. It uses simple drag and drop method and editing using the timeline is also very easy. Reversing, managing the speed and duration can be done with one click using this editor.

Cons

The software is a little bulky and it cannot be used efficently in a lighter computer. It would have been better if they had a life version for pc and a simple one for mobile.

Melanie
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dynamic, affordable, worth the learning curve

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

Overall using VSDC has been a great experience and I keep going back to it again and again. It has its limits, which can be frustrating in the short term, but the overall package that VSDC Video Editor provides makes it a favorite. It is also a favorite of content creators online so finding answers to problems is easy.

Pros

I love that with this free product I can do high-level customizations of videos. I especially appreciate how thorough and precise the text-add feature is, as I do a lot of adding subtitles for my music. I'm always impressed at how much this free program can do. The online support is good with thousands of tutorials if you ever get stuck. I love how much control I have over my projects.

Cons

The menus are not necessarily intuitive. To be fair, this is a problem that media editing programs have as there is SO much you can do and SO much to cover. But I do find myself googling a lot to figure out how to do something, even if I've done it before. You really need to get familiar with this program to use it quickly.

Karasinghe Arachchige
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

This Software can be crowned as the best video editing software to produce in this decade for a reasonable price. Before we purchase the pro version we had to utilize the software to experience the effectiveness of the software to our company. Indeed, it has exceeded our expectations as this helped our organization to produce a plethora of videos to attract customers and meet the sales targets. This has many handy features that help us to make various videos with the picture in picture and side videos. Last but not least we can use this to produce solid graphs for presentations also. I highly recommend this tool for your video editing purpose.

Pros

1. Allow users to experience maximum features to make quality videos in the free edition.
2. Quite easy to learn as icons on the interface help to interpret the outcome for the edit.
3. Return on investment is beyond the limit since the price of the software is relatively low compared to the competitive brands in the market
4. Enable to export the completed video to various formats (YouTube, Instagram, and social networks)
5. The resolution, encoder mode and aspect correction can configure to have a low size video without losing great quality from videos.
6. Making green screen video can be done less than minutes.
7. Advance features are enabled to make text, parallax and rewind effects for videos.

Cons

1. Fewer shortcut keys to acquire the desired output within seconds
2. Object position setting not placing to the right place in the timeline, though given the right command
3. Too many icons sometimes hinder the editing time.
4. Screen capture not having continuous smoothness
5. Need to add a shortcut key in the interface to contact a support person 24/7 to support creators

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 2+ years

VSDC Free Video Editor is a force to be reckoned with... too bad it's only for Windows

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

The experience has been great when it comes to features, so-so when it comes to general user-friendliness. I would recommend this to any Windows owner looking for a robust alternative to paid software suites of the same type.

Pros

The pros of VSDC Free Video Editor are overwhelming. The program has all of the basic features of video editing software. However, it has many features that are uncommon, especially among other freeware. First of all, the software lets users adjust the size of videos on screen and move, or animate, them through the use of "sprites." This inevitably takes some getting used to, but it's a nifty feature nonetheless. Secondly, VSDC makes it possible to remove the green screen background from footage (aka chroma key). Finally, VSDC Free Video Editor is part of a greater suite of software backed by the same company. This integration means users can go beyond the power of the program and do things like video conversion with only a few clicks. Also noteable, the software's interface looks modern and intuitive.

Cons

The interface looks beautiful on the outside, but in reality it's a bit clunky. This shows through with the choppy render previews and lack of "snapping" in the video timeline.

Most beginner friendly video editing software

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Overall, VSDC Video Editor is an amazing software for those who have a limited budget. It is inexpensive and allows users to create high quality content with ease (if you know what you are doing).

Pros

What I liked most about VSDC is that you did not need to purchase it in order to be able to edit and create a video. It allows users to use majority of their feature for free. VSDC is very simple to use. When it comes to video editing all I had to do was select a video I wanted to edit from the folder where my video was saved. VSDC also enabled me to crop videos, add audio, text, effects, transitions, and much more. This allowed me, a student with no video editing background, create flawless videos.

Cons

What I disliked most about VSDC is that they did not have a tutorial available to watch the first time using their software. As a user with no video editing background it was overwhelming to use at first. I had to go out of my way and learn everything before being able to use the software.

Lefteris
  • Industry: Entertainment

A powerfull for a little bit more advanced editors

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

A great softwhare, powerfull enough to fulfill your editing desires.

A great softwhare, powerfull enough to fulfill your editing desires.

Pros

Tho needs time for study, it has a variety of great features that can help you with your editing, such as transitions, zoom tools, chroma key, text and more.

Cons

My least favourite thing in VSDC is the workspace. In my humble opinion it's too complicated cause it has a ton of small buttons that need time to be learnt as mentioned before.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 1+ year

VSDC As an entry level software for editing videos

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

In our company, we were required to create a "virtual tour" through some local plants.
Recordings...

Recordings of video and voice overs were recorded, split and put together with this software, making life easier.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of use of this product, since little knowledge of video editing is required to produce great pieces of content.
Effects of audio and video are a righ-click away.

Cons

If you are using the free version, the render is slow.
There is a significant but not huge difference on the render speed if you use the paid version.
Effects are very good, you get what you pay for.

• Used for 1-5 months

A video editor with a lot of useful features

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

The overall experience of using the video editor is quite favorable as it provides a wide variety of useful features to make amazing videos. Even the free version of the software contains lot of useful and amazing effects and other editing options that can help to create interesting and beautiful videos. The paid version contains even more helpful features. Therefore, VSDC video editor is a good recommendation for a beginner level video editor to get to learn and use the basic video editing techniques.

Pros

VSDC is a Windows based video editor that provides a variety of useful features for a beginner in video editing. It provides the user a variety of video and audio effects, filters etc. Further it has the ability to capture screen recordings, audio recordings as well as to save video files in numerous formats. It has a rich set of online tutorials that are quite useful for beginners as well. Further, the user interface of the software is very easy to get familiar with and easy-to-use.

Cons

The diversity of the provided video effects is a bit narrow. It would be much helpful if there were more number of different video effects to be used for editing so that videos can be edited more creatively.

Mashudu Hilary

The best things in life are free

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

It is the best free video editing tool out there. I have used it for editing the videos which I use for my freelancing gigs and ever since I have been able to make really good and professional looking videos.

Pros

The software is easy to install, I had it up and running on my devices without any trouble. In terms of editing, it uses simple drag, drop or swap options and I can merge different kinds of media such as audio, images and video to create amazing work. It comes with a variety of features which are very useful and my favourite is the video capture feature. With this feature, I can record video and audio from different external devices and I can save the same to my computer in any format of my choosing. I found VSDC really easy to use because it comes with a highly intuitive software which offers training and tutorials and the best part of it all is that it is absolutely free.

Cons

I have used the background editing and removal option and I really wasn't impressed as it would remove parts of my skin together with the background so that was a bit frustrating. It's difficult to preview videos while editing and there are very few shortcuts making navigating around the software a bit difficult.

Mac
  • Industry: Music

Professional video editing software made for the general public

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

VSDC allowed me to approach the editing of my first professional clips, its ease of access, handling and its performance are to be welcomed!

Pros

What is particularly interesting in VSDC is the ease with which it is possible to edit even complex videos. it is very powerful and the resolution processing quality goes up to Ultra 4k. No need to render with Vsdc, the effects apply live, editing is therefore greatly accelerated. I really enjoy using it.

Cons

What is less interesting is its weak media library. VSDC does not provide its users with enough video effects, transitions and others.

Laurie
  • Used for 2+ years

AVS Video Editor a must try and enjoy

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

As an older newbie to video editors, now that I have the time to do my To Do List as I am retired, I tried out a lot of different video editors. So many of them left me frustrated with unfinished projects that I gave up on. AVS Video Editor changed that for me as I am sure it has many others. If you have been frustrated or think you cannot do this please try AVS Video Editor, I have so many FINISHED a projects now. I have made a library of each of my grandchildren that I can now just keep adding more and more videos to for the. When they are older, after all we all know parents have the best intentions to do them just never seem the time to get to them raising their families. What a great gift from grandma and grandpa to leave for them.

Pros

After trying out many other options which left me frustrated, I tried AVS Video Editor and was amazed at how easy it was to use and complete projects.

Cons

Not having more time before now to use it as much as I do now.

Sashana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great Video Editor

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

I use VSDC to make makeup videos for my business' Instagram page and it has been and continues to be a great experience. VSDC has made editing quite easy and fun and I have had no issues with the quality of the audio or video.

Pros

This video editor is full of useful features that make it a powerful video editor. You can use the basics like cutting and splitting, transitions and clip importing, as well as the more advanced features like chroma key, mask and audio and video layering. VSDC supports virtually any and every audio and video file that I've used to make my videos and the result is always beautiful.
Also, I love that VSDC allows you to make videos in HD and 4K quality, and the video stabilization feature (which is not found in every video editor) is awesome.

Cons

VSDC is not as user-friendly as some other editors that I have used throughout the years. It takes some time to really get used to the interface but, once you've become comfortable, everything is really a breeze.
Also, the free version of the VSDC Video Editor has some restrictions which includes watermarks. If you don't mind the watermarks, then this is no issue. However, persons who are looking for a free video editor with no restrictions or prompts to purchase any other version of the editor, in this case the Pro version, will not enjoy using VSDC.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Great - I have been able to use it to produce decent quality training videos without the need to hire the work out. Runs well on my laptop without the need for a higher powered machine.

Pros

1. Free version is a great product
2. Learning curve is pretty short, at least for the basic functions
3. Great tools available to edit and create quality videos

Cons

Some of the commands (like undo which is a Ctrl-Z in Office) don't work the same way.

Shawn
Shawn
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Full Video Editor Suite at an affordable price

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

We needed a software that could allow us to edit , merge and link various trainings into one professional package. This software allowed us to do that and then export them easily.

Pros

We use the editing tools for developing fun sales training videos. It easily allows us to merge videos and trim our recordings so they look professional. Very pleased with the software for the past 3 years.

Cons

There are allot of editing tools, take advantage of any training videos and you will pick it up quickly.

Adnan
  • Industry: Banking

The best tool for Editing and Creating Videos

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I really like the interface of this software, because it's really easy to understand and use. I have a great experience with VSDC Video Editor. I have edited and composed a lot of my professional videos in this software.

Pros

You can edit your family video or your company presentation video in this VSDC Video editor. There are lots of audio and visual effects, you can apply to your videos. You can edit your videos from scratch to the advanced level.

Cons

The software allow us to create videos with a small efforts and we can export stunning quality videos. As I know, I never faced any cons. For me VSDC Video editor is awesome, without cons.

Yashoda
Yashoda
  • Industry: Animation

Expert Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

This is a very good video editing software which can be used for any sector in present era.it is very useful for my animation video editings.

Pros

Its easy to understand and control functionalities.

Cons

Sometimes it may not open correctly.
Some errors are displaying.

Timo
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It's OK if you are on a budget.

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I like that's it is free, or if you wish hardware acceleration, for modest annual fee upgrade. You can do basic editing with it, if you're willing to take learning curve. But some online video editors these days make life somewhat easier. At the same time, it's easier than Adobe alternatives and much cheaper.

Pros

It does well the basic tricks, the edits and cuts. I like that there's also very functional free version. Supports different formats.

Cons

I never quite figured out how come Zoom recording, edited on VSDC, for youtube output grows tremendously in size. Like editing 100MB Zoom recording to export into VSDC Youtube output is much bigger than the original source file? I also did not find an easy way to sync audio when using more than one camera.

Kyle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A smart choice for beginners in video editing

Reviewed on 26/12/2021

All in all, a great inexpensive video editing software for beginners. Not too complicated but gets the job done.

Pros

There is a free version, which is great. It isn't too hard to navigate and you can quickly learn how to do some great video editing. There are not a lot of effects, but you can upgrade to the paid version if you want more. It also has a great feature where when you go to export your video it can automatically save it in the right format based on where you are going to post it. Like Youtube, Instagram, etc.

Cons

Some of the features are limited in the free version. It would be great if they made an update for it in the future too.

Kathy
  • Industry: Photography

Good editor

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

I found it quite difficult for a novice to get started with the program, tutorials did help me get started but still not easy enough to pick up from there. I spent too much time with tutorials and not the actual program.

Pros

It's easy enough to bring in videos for some necessary editing and some enhancements. The program runs smoothly with no major glitches.

Cons

Very difficult to learn for a novice and I feel the free version could use more options, such as transitions, only a few are supplied. The program has many options for editing and rendering but many of those options are difficult to figure out how I would use them.

Ogochukwu

The Developer Did A Good Job

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

Making videos is fun while using the tool. Import, pick resources, cut, join and export your video. That's how you do it on VSDC.

Pros

Other free video editors lack many of the features found in VSDC, so that's why VSDC is unique.

Cons

VSDC interface isn't particularly user-friendly, it has some significant limits, and the free version effectively slows down the processing speed of your videos.

Ana
Ana
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great video editor with some unique features

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Many specific and professional needs are sold by using this software.

Many specific and professional needs are sold by using this software.

Pros

This is free, very simple and useful video editor. It has a lot of useful options and features. Great for beginners and intermediate users.

Cons

There should be more filters and video effects. Most interesting features are hidden and without video-tutorials user cannot know about them.

Laura
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Fabulous Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

I tried so many different video editing software programs that didn't have what I needed or were very difficult to use. I was relieved to find VSDC and be able to efficiently use it to get done what I needed to. I will continue to use it in the future when I need to create videos.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software was that it was easy to learn how to use and it allowed me to easily layer videos and edit them to create multiple split screens.

Cons

There's not much I disliked about this software. The only thing I can think of is that every time I opened the program, I had to set up my preferred icons at the top for easy access. It didn't automatically save them.

Driton
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Easy to use and easy to learn for beginners

Easy to use and easy to learn for beginners

Pros

Free version great for us,great tools available to edit a wedding clips quickly.

Cons

Has a limited number of transitions, filters and effects