Synthesia

AI video generation and editing platform

4.7/5

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Unquestionably the Best Corporate Training Product I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Pros

After 12+ years of creating corporate training, this is unequivocally the best training product I've ever used. Here's why:• Engaging customer service: The knowledgeable and enthusiastic employees provide exceptional assistance.• Easy-to-learn user interface: It’s fun to use and play with, thanks to its simplicity.• Plentiful, high-quality learning material: Step-by-step training videos supplement the already comprehensive program.• Reasonable pricing: Considering its industry-leading features and resources, it offers great value.All these reasons are why, for me, it was easy to choose this for my go-to corporate training video creation tool.

Cons

I have an uncanny talent for uncovering areas where products/services fall short. But honestly, the only thing I dislike about Synthesia is the fact that I stumbled upon it just recently. Seriously, Synthesia, where have you been hiding for my professional career? I could have really used your brilliance!

Elai.io, D-ID and Hour One

Reasons for Switching to Synthesia

Synthesia has better features, customer service, and training.
Chris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Synthesia is a home run when it comes to content creation

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Synthesia is a home run when it comes to content creation.

Synthesia is a home run when it comes to content creation.

Pros

It's easy to use and provides quality output to be used in any production.

Cons

I'd like a little more control over the voice emphasis, and perhaps 4k output.

Juan Pablo
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Synthesia keep the good work!

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

A good experience with this tool, very glad I found about it!

A good experience with this tool, very glad I found about it!

Pros

It's very easy to use, and NOW you can select the proper format for the video in order of where you are going to deploy it!

Cons

Sometimes you have to make adjustments to the text in order to sound right, that can be a little tricky and annoying at times...

Ola
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Olas review

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

Pros

I like that it’s so easy to use and you can make awesome videos with no knowledge about video editing before. It’s also good that me as an owner of a company can use it to promote my business and not have to stand in front of the camera.

Cons

It can take a lot of time to generate the videos. And often you have to refresh the page to work.

john

Synthesia is a dream come true for creating AI (and self-created) videos, EASILY!

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

I have truly enjoyed using Synthesia. My customers enjoy the quickness I can create and publish videos for them!

Pros

I love the AI-generated functionality of creating videos. It creates very accurate content, and the animation is life-like. This is a game-changer.

Cons

I just wished there were some more avatars to select from. Yes, there is a good choice already, but more would be better.

Jan
  • Industry: Publishing

The go to place for creating AI video material

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Synthesia offers me and therefor my clients the advantage of recurring characters in branded content

Pros

What makes the most impact is the way Synthesia constantly keeps evolving. Some updates are real gems. Ease of use is so great, I always look forward creating video with Synthesia.

Cons

Text to speech in Dutch could have more options

Great Product, Improve Lip Sync

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Overall positive, happy with the technology and the process.

Overall positive, happy with the technology and the process.

Pros

The ease and efficiency of creating professional videos.

Cons

The lip sync feature and some of the voices are artificial/\.

Hugo

Great platform for creating your AI videos

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

We can easily create instruction videos for our software users, without the whole process of recording and editing with real people. And to create the videos in various languages that we don't speak fluently ourselves.

Pros

Synthesia works very smooth, intuitive and fast. There are plenty of templates to chose and you can easily customize them.

Cons

That it works on Google Chrome only, a browser I don't use normally.

Steve
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Intuitive

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Pros

Self taught quickly and now making clients videos personalized.

Cons

Cannot view finished video from mobile device, you must log onto computer.

User experience

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Pros

How easy to make the content videos without any additional skills required

Cons

Needed have an software which can be used offline

Great!

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Pros

Creating a engaging video is pretty easy

Cons

Now with more video formats, there's nothing wrong

William
  • Industry: Music

Synthesia

Been able to quickly create videos

Been able to quickly create videos

Pros

I like the user friendly options and the Scottish voice

Cons

The price is per minute and can mount up to a massive amount of money

Ele

Affordable and Convenient

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

Pros

As a creative studio, we have been on the lookout for cost-effective solutions that can help us enhance our projects without compromising quality. Synthesia has been an absolute game-changer in this regard. The app's affordability is truly remarkable, especially when compared to the steep prices we encountered with voice-over services on platforms like Fiverr.

Cons

Synthesia does have some limitations. While the app provides an impressive array of voice options and customization features, the synthesized voices can sometimes sound a bit robotic, lacking the natural flow and nuances of human speech. This becomes particularly evident when we require special accents (Aussie accent in particular).

Michael
  • Industry: Food Production

Michael Du Preez review on Synthesia.io

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

I am able to convey large amounts of materials that would have otherwise taken a lot of time in meetings and it also saves a lot of students money from class by having most of the basic information up on the internet as a nice engaging video, with an AI to act as a kind of "teacher". It works very well and the feedback on using AI for the Hemp industry's videos have been great.

Pros

The text to speech and selection of real life looking avatars gives the impression that its someone real, in fact many of my peers enquire if the avatar is doing fine, as I give them a name in the videos! The video recording feature is a life-saver, because that removes the image only limit and greatly increases the type of content to present. The many different template layouts also make it an easy to use and choose option.

Cons

They removed the ability to easily copy the subtitles because even if you draw up a script, once busy with the video editing, the script changes as I make it suit better. Now the subtitles have to be downloaded, which requires an additional download from the internet to find a suitable application to open the subtitles file. It was an oversight and an unnecessary change from the developers' side.

Yaeunda
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

My 1st AI 4K Bots

Reviewed on 21/04/2023

Love it

Love it

Pros

Makes it easy to create content for grouos

Cons

Started from the beginning and wished I had the features now back to en.

Vidyard

Reasons for Switching to Synthesia

Had more languages
Bertrand
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great service for amazing outputs

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

I would do more if I had time. I am very happy with what I've done so far. I had many others gaps to fill in my activity which are now over and I hope I'll spoend more time in the coming months. I keep being updated on the new features and I'm very positive about this product. Please keep going and provide as much as you can templates.

Pros

The user interface is updated and improved on a regular basis. Very impressive. Easy to use, new features with new avatars are excellent. Product is stable and reliable. The image gallery is also amazing.

Cons

The fact we don't see the final output until we generate the video but as soon as we know and we are used to the product, it is not a problem. We can't change the volume of the music. Would be great to have different music for some slides. At least we could play the music as long as we want and break for 1 or 2 slides. Please increase number of templates if possible.

Daniel

Makersclub - Review of Synthesia

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

A good expierence after all.

A good expierence after all.

Pros

Synthesia, a revolutionary platform, captivated me with its cutting-edge technology and seamless user experience. Its ability to generate lifelike videos by animating text impressed me, making it an invaluable tool for creating engaging and professional content. A game-changer in the world of video production!

Cons

Unfortunately, Synthesia didn't live up to my expectations. The limited customization options and lack of advanced features left me wanting more. Additionally, the pricing plans felt overpriced for the value provided. It fell short in delivering a truly immersive and versatile video creation experience.

António
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

After two years of using Synthesia

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

So far it has been very good, both in terms of tools and support, always willing to help. I think that explaining my products through videos, since they are complex, has made it easier for both customers and sellers to understand.

Pros

Synthesia makes it much easier to communicate with employees or customers by associating a human image with the message we want to convey, without the need to hire actors, translators, etc. It is without a doubt a tool that will be present in the future of communication.

Cons

Initially the main problem was the lack of editing capabilities, I ended up having to edit the video in another editor to finish it, I think that this point has improved a lot, but it could be improved with the insertion of two blocks, a starting and ending block, to start and end the video, because practically all videos open with either a logo or a message.

Heidi

Very Pleased with the software

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

Pros

We have been using Synthesia for over 6 months now and are pleased with it. In the time that we have used it, they have regularly made improvements and upgrades to it, so it is even better now than it was when we first started with it. We have used it for many purposes- presentations, Facebook ad videos, YouTube FAQ videos, and more.

Cons

The AI movements have improved but still have some weird quirks and room for improvement. Also, the pronunciation of certain words is odd, even when you tell them specifically how to say it.

Matthew

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Need to deliver high volume video content very quickly - this meets that objective.

Pros

No previous video editing/creation skill needed - very easy to get into. Very quick to get from concept to delivery

Cons

Missing feature: currently only one avatar possible. It would add significant value to us if it were possible to create scenes with conversations between avatars

• Industry: Accounting

Synthesia Review

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

It has helped me a lot in the realization of content and has streamlined processes in this.

Pros

the new tech, the novelty of being able to work with one of the first industries to carry out this type of avatars and they are very well achieved, although it is obvious that there is still a long way to go

Cons

the price and I use it in spanish and I feel is not as good the movements of the characters that in english

Stefano

Stunning Authoring tool

Great tool, great opportunities, excellent templates, examples and how-to

Great tool, great opportunities, excellent templates, examples and how-to

Pros

Output quality, Ethics and dedication to professional use, professional and sustainable development and support

Cons

I'm not able to switch easily to a corporate account. Let's see how it goes.

Ben
  • Industry: Design

Made a huge difference

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

Been very positive overall and hoping to use the work done so far as case studies to offer this service / kind of work to other clients

Pros

Has helped my international clients tremendously. We’ve been able to standardise their training videos and localise them for international markets at a fraction of the cost and time of having to remake them all each time we need a new iteration or launch in a new market.

Cons

As we’ve made more and more clips it is now becoming more complicated having to find the right clip. Removing the screen limit in videos would save me having to have multiple versions of different chunks of videos (where I’ve jumped up against the limit and had to create a video in two halves and assemble in post production)

Rachael

Realistic Avatar Creation

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Pros

As an eLearning developer, I enjoy the natural-looking avatars in the Synthesia platform. The mouth animation with the words looks organic and realistic creating an immersive e-learning experience.

Cons

The lack of Australian voices. While there are a few, they do need updating to stay competitive with other AI platforms.

Andrew
  • Industry: Animation

Top notch AI

It's the best AI i have used. Most are no where as realistic as Synthesia

It's the best AI i have used. Most are no where as realistic as Synthesia

Pros

It's easy to use and edit and quick. Everyone wants a job urgently.

Cons

I have not found any minuses about this software