Doodle

Russell S
Russell S

Powerful, yet simple!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Pros

It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best:
- In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll and begin to select times that work. What's more is that they can also see other times that have been selected, so I feel like they are more willing to cooperate (if that makes sense).
- This removes text or email chains that go on, and on, and on without end... until we finally come to the conclusion that there's never a good time for everyone to meet up. (After wasting a day.)
- It's absolutely free. I can't believe it. I would think they could be making money with user fees off of this fantastic idea/platform, but no - it's free!
- It's quite simple and intuitive. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but that's great. There doesn't need to be advanced features.
- It's easy to use for the first time. It's not overly complex.
- You are notified when responses come in, and you ultimately get to control the meeting time.
- This is somewhat random, but you can be very specific with meeting points. Want to meet at 12:02? Perfect. Want a meeting to end at 9:07... Doodle will do that, too.
- Can link or access your Gmail contacts - fabulous feature!

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A powerful tool for managing tedious tasks

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

The overall experience with Doodle that I currently have is very very good. I prefer to say very excellent

Pros

Doodle is honestly one of the best tools I've found to help me manage my work tasks. I use it to schedule meetings with my team, which keeps me on the same page. It's a huge time saver for me, and for my staff on the other end. The scheduling service is quick and easy to use. The site offers a number of free features that make it easy to schedule meetings. The free features are available to anyone, but there are also paid features that give you more control over scheduling and offer additional features

Cons

So far, the shortcoming I've noticed is that the software doesn't have features to make sure that each participant votes only once

Calendly

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Doodle

That's because this software gets a lot of good press in the world of my business in general and in the academic world in particular. By using it, I confirm this good image. This software helps me greatly in my daily tasks.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Makes scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I've had a wonderful experience with Doodle so far, and hopefully this will continue! Doodle has made scheduling so much easier for me and my organization, I also use it outside of my work and in my personal life. It has also saved me so much time in having to talk to people and organize stuff which takes forever!

Pros

I looveee using Doodle when I'm organizing an event (be it a meeting, a work event, or even an after work hangout!). It is just so convenient to send the link to everybody with some suggested times and they fill it out, then we find the one where all or most people can attend, rather than going around and asking for people's availability which takes so much time and effort and is so inefficient. It also helps convert the times if the link is sent to someone in a different timezone which is amazing. Doodle is just so simple to use and efficient that gives me an incentive to take the lead in scheduling events!

Cons

I think the user page is quite basic, and could look a little better in terms of design, artwork and colors. Sometimes, I also find it quite difficult to look for an event after I've put in my availability, imagine how messy it will be with many Doodles going on at the same time. I just wish there was an easier way to store all the events in a more organized way that is easy for me to find them.

Havilah
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to Schedule Large Meetings

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Pros

I regularly recommend Doodle when I have a large number of people trying to schedule a meeting - especially when I have people with very busy schedules. It is easy for people to put in their availability and allow the organizer to find the best time that works for everyone without having to send a million emails or texts.

Cons

It can be hard to see all the options in the expanded view.

Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

How else do you schedule your meetings?

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

I use Doodle to schedule meetings with large groups when I do not have access to others' calendars. It is an incredibly simple tool for both the administrator and the user. It allows you to suggest available times and for others to indicate their availability within those selected times. It saves so much time and back-and-forth.

Pros

We have shared calendars within our immediate teams but when we are scheduling across teams or with external vendors, Doodle is the fastest and easiest way to find a consensus time. I go to Doodle before any other system because of the ease of use and everyone's familiarity with the product.

Cons

The system is near perfect. It serves its function about as well as it can and I don't think it needs to be overly complicated. If it were possible to add meeting information (i.e. zoom links, agendas, etc) and when consensus was met, to send the calendar invitation, that would be nice.

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Doodle

We use Google Calendar for our calendars but it does not have a feature that will help identify shared availability the way that Doodle does. Doodle also works when you are working across calendar platforms.
Erick

Manage your time with Doodle.

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

The organization of the time and schedule for others.

The organization of the time and schedule for others.

Pros

This software has a good number of features that help organize times and dates, as well as schedule appointments with other people. Once that is done, it offers a friendly way to see it and add details, also see confirmations and send customize reminders when the date approaches.

Cons

When using the main page as a user, there are lots of ads and publicity announcements, this sometimes makes a little awkward navigation on the site.

YouCanBook.me

Reasons for Switching to Doodle

It is better based on reviews and experience.
Polly
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Scheduling Group Meetings

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

The benefits are to be able to find a date/time to meet with a group of people as opposed to a long email thread of everyone's availability.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use. I use it to send out polls to a group of meeting to schedule a meeting that suits everyone's needs.

Cons

Some people that were of older demographic did not find it user friendly - I personally didn't understand but I was always the creator of the polls so perhaps the platform showed differently for me.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used for 2+ years

Need to find a meeting time, just Doodle

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

Doodle allows us to find the best meeting times (for informal events). Simply select times that are available to meet and set it out to others to fill out their availability. Scheduling has never been easier.

Cons

A tad bit dumbed down and the UI is not the most attractive. Not a huge con but it could use some work.

Meg
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

I wish it had more features for free

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Overall, I like Doodle, but I wish I was able to display a large amount of options more succinctly so that users don't have to long scroll and I wish the calendar sync function actually worked.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and deploy a doodle poll.

Cons

Some of the features like calendar sync don't always work, which has sent me looking for another product before.

Veronica
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Great for Scheduling Group Meetings

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

It's fast and easy to schedule meetings and group collaborations

Cons

There is limited functionality when it comes to scheduling preference

Justin
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use scheduling tool

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

I have had great success in using it, and I like showing others how to use it for ease of scheduling...

Pros

I love how easy it is to plan a meeting without the dozen back and forth emails about who is available when. It allows you to see all stakeholders in one spot and organize a time that fits best into everyone's schedule.

Cons

There have been some changes made over the last year or so that have caused the website to be slightly harder to navigate.

WILLIAM
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Disappointing & Stopped Using

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Poor, and the support staff is not helpful. This is a product where money is made on scale not on service. Doodle refused to return my money. So, it is not a satisfaction or able to actually use the system type guarantee. I have to admit I did not use it much during the trial period and assumed it would work, and I bought it. Make sure you do use the trial period aggressively so you know you like it before you pay and are then not able to get your money back after not being satisfied.

Pros

The pros of the system is the potential it has to aid business.

Cons

I was never able to get the system fully deployed and was not able to use it even once with a client. It was not helpful.

Angela
Angela
  • Industry: Human Resources

How to simplify the process of scheduling appointments with clients with Doodle

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients. I have to say, I'm really satisfied with this online scheduling tool.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When I organize coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.Another great feature of Doodle is how it integrates with popular calendar applications like Google Calendar. This makes it really convenient for me to schedule and manage my events, as all the information is automatically synced with my calendar.One thing that's particularly useful for me as a career coach is the ability to add a description to each poll. This allows me to provide additional information to my clients about what we'll be discussing in each meeting or appointment. A great, easy-to-use tool!

Pros

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When organizing coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.

Cons

At the moment, I don't find downsides, because it helps me to manage what I need.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Pros

We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the link, type in their name, and click on all the dates/times they can meet. Once everyone has voted, it is easy to see what dates/times work for the most amount of people.
The best thing about Doodle is that it is free for everyone. There's nothing to download. You simply click a link. After doing so, the instructions are crystal clear. There is basically no learning curve. And no one has to keep track of who said what date and what time because Doodle will present that information for you in a very simple way.
Also, you can choose whether everyone can see what dates others chose or not. You can even choose to limit the # of votes each person has if you wish to.

Cons

One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late.
Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

• Used for 2+ years

So much better than confusing and never ending e-mail chains

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

My Ph.D. dissertation meetings are required every 6-12 months and it is really hard to get my entire dissertation committee together on a whim. Since professors are extremely busy people and don't really have time for a bunch of e-mails, Doodle software makes my and their lives so much easier.

Pros

Have you ever tried to get a bunch of science professors to meet in the same room at the same time for a few hours? It's like herding cats, but luckily there is Doodle. The best part about Doodle is that I don't have to e-mail people back and forth to try to coordinate an event from multiple perspectives. Doodle eliminates ambiguity and allows everyone to see everyone else's exact availability for multiple weeks at a time which saves time and effort. It is so interesting to me that meetings can be scheduled really without any words from any of the participants, and I think that is beautiful. Bonus points for not having to try to sound really smart in multiple e-mails to people who are way smarter than you.

Cons

The calendar syncing function seems like it could be a really good idea, but I have had some trouble syncing up all of my calendars in the past and I usually can't see any of my events on there. I'm not quite sure what the function is supposed to do but there is no explanation and I felt like it was not super intuitive.

Easy and Organized

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Overall it is a simple tool that serves one purpose, to make it easier for everyone involved to find a convenient date for parties, meetings, appointments, trips etc. Instead of going back and forth in an endless email thread we simply need to simply fill the time that works for best for us. It saves time, it is less hassle and improves communication. Also great to sync schedules with people you do not see very often but need to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use the tool to collaborate with others in order to find their availability for example. We are a lot of young people in the company I work at and Doodle is always the first step when it comes to organizing events and out of the office parties. Considering we are all busy with friends, exams and nights out Doodle makes it super easy and fast to find out a time and day that best works for all of us. The tool is very user friends and simple, there is almost no way to get confused about what you need to do even if you are not tech savvy.

Cons

My main dislike is that there is no option to change the dates with text, it would be great if I can select if we want to vote for date or venue or activity. Also, it would be better if dates on the checklist were shown at once. Of course there is the expand button, but I think it should be expanded by default when there are lot of options to choose from. Would be nice if the calendar view is improved as well, similar UI to the monthly/weekly Google Calendar type of view would be a great improvement and will also make it easier to use, and it will make the tool look less messy and unorganized.

India
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Happy When Colleagues use Doodle

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

Doodle is a great tool to easily evaluate availability and schedule meetings for large, busy groups. The ability to customize times and the intuition built into Doodle-if I schedule a request for three hours then three hours translates to every subsequent date I select, makes this a great tool. Each invitee can see the response of others which can lend to being more flexible in your choices, and enhances getting a group to consensus on a date and time to meet. You can be proficient at using Doodle in a matter or minutes, both as a user and as an administrator. I love this product so much that I use it in business and also in setting up family events. There are three plans available, and if you are a casual user the free version should serve you well.

Cons

Plans are priced well, and the ability to remove ads and enhance communication with the premier version is very nice. A con of the free version is the weird ads you see running in the back ground as you are using the tool. However, not bothersome enough to change my favorable opinion of this great scheduling tool.

Fernando
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Simple and intuitive tool

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

Pros

Doodle has helped me a lot when it comes to scheduling group meetings and events. Its simplicity and intuitive interface make it very easy to use. The ability to create polls and have participants vote on their preferred meeting times saves a lot of email back and forth. In addition, Doodle offers integration with the most popular calendar applications, which helps keep everyone on the same page.

Cons

A drawback is that some advanced features, like tracking responses to multiple options, are only available in paid plans

Justin

The software that makes life & scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Doodle is a game-changer. In our busy lives and days, Doodle allows for us to schedule accurately and fairly. It eliminates the guesswork and time it would otherwise take to determine times that work best for all. Best of all, it's accessible via the palm of our hands and takes seconds to create. I can't imagine my day-to-day without Doodle and where I'd be if it wasn't for this amazing solution-solving software.

Pros

The absolute best thing about using Doodle is that our entire organization and stakeholders love participating in it! We all use Doodle and most importantly, it makes our lives easy and guarantees buy-in and participation in order to pick the optimal meeting and scheduling times.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Doodle. It is easy, efficient, and well-like by all!

John
John
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The Simplicity of Doodle Outweighs Any Features Lacking

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Overall, the ease of use and the simplicity of Doodle outweighs any failings or lack of features. I can send the polls to many participants without having to train them on how to respond. It is pretty intuitive, and allows me to pool responses from a large group of people who are both inside and outside my organization. This makes scheduling meetings with people from various organizations or groups much easier.

Pros

I liked most the simplicity of Doodle. I can set up a Doodle poll easily and either email to participants, or copy a link and email it myself. It is easy to compare answers, and it is user-friendly for participants and colleagues who are not as tech savvy.

Cons

The poll is limited in options, and if you are suggesting multiple dates and times over many weeks or months, the poll becomes a bit tedious and time consuming to build. Also there is little space to customize questions among certain days.

Sadie
Sadie

Doole Review

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Doodle has benefitted my professional career by making finding a meeting time with a large number of colleagues relatively simple! There are not too many features of the product that make it confusing or hard to use. I have been on both sides of creating the poll and completing the poll and it has been a relatively easy software to use.

Pros

Doodle is very easy to use and can make scheduling a meeting time or event for a large group of individuals very efficient. It is a pretty self-explanatory tool and no training is required. You can also utilize a lot of the features with the free version.

Cons

There are some features of Doodle that could be improved, such as how events times/dates are scheduled. It is not very intuitive at first about how to select multiple days and times that individuals who complete the poll can choose from! Sometimes it takes some digging to find the feature you are looking for. Also, there are more beneficial features that are only offered through the paid subscription.

Yavuz Selim
Yavuz Selim
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A great event-planner device

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

As I said it is much more easy to use Doodle than having an Excel sheet and try to match everybody's available time slot. The userface is simple which makes it easy to get used to.

Pros

It is a great tool to arrange appointments and gatherings, see who can come and when is the most useful time for such kind of events.

Cons

Since our team uses it very frequent I decided to upload a profile picture and had some problems about it.

Zavud
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My review for Doodle

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Pros

Doodle is my favorite calendar tool and I use it very frequently. In my opinion, there is no simpler and easier app that does the similar job. Therefore, the best thing about Doodle is its user-friendliness. To create a meeting in this app (I personally use its app version) takes no longer than a minute for me. It saves significant amount of my time. I do not want to imagine how long it would take me if I had to send emails to my groupmates about our meetings. Another thing that I love about Doodle is it is even easier for the people in the group who are going to vote for the time they are available. I have created so many meetings/events with the help of Doodle and so far I have not had anyone tell me that they had trouble understanding how the app works.

Cons

There are couple of things that I do not like about this software. First, as a frequently user I get annoyed by too many ads on the website or in the app version. I understand it is a free app and I have to somehow "pay" for the features I am using. However, what I personally think is there should be less advertisements. What is the second thing I dislike about Doodle is sometimes I have some people who forget to participate in the vote before we make the final decision about our meetings. And in these cases, Doodle does not show me who are the missing people in the free version of the app. I personally think it is a simple feature and should be added to the free version of the app.

Sebahattin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Meeting planning has never been this fun and easy!

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

Pros

Doodle is easy and fast to use. I think doodle is a great tool for large and busy groups to easily assess availability and schedule meetings. Group work, surveys, projects etc. The best option for you. Too many meetings thanks to doodle
and created an event. It is a great software that makes my job enjoyable.

Cons

There are no issues I don't like. The software is great. It makes projects very easy to do.

About Doodle

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I am generally happy with product but it should be show the content as priority .

Pros

Easy usage is my favorite part of this software. result representations and customization options are good.

Cons

In long questions it is covered by other content and user have to click show all. It lowers my result ratios generally.