NICE CXone

4.0/5

rakesh

Perfect for IVR integration

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

Overall this has been a pretty good software upgrade since it integrates with all the other NICE products and the support is amazing.

Pros

This is perfect solution and plugs in perfectly with other NICE products like IEX, QR WFM, etc. Its so much easy for the dev team to configure, integrate and customize the user experience. Support of NICE is amazing and agents would need a very minimal to no training. The screen is slick and intuitive and hardly see any crashes.

Cons

There are couple of features that might need some improvement like the reporting functionality and generating reports. It would be nice if there are some other features included in the price like SMS and chat.

Warren

Have been using NICE inContact since 2009

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

My overall experience with NICE inContact has been fantastic. I enjoy working with my reps as we together try to find the best solution to our problems. I feel they have truly been our partner.

Pros

I worked as an end user of NICE inContact in FamilySearch Support and for the past 4 years I have been working as the FamilySearch Telecommunications Product Engineer. As an end user I found the product to be easy to use and reliable. I was able to seamlessly take chats and calls up to 30 in a day. As the Administrator CXOne/inContact Central is easy to use creating skills, users, and security profiles. As the Engineer working in Studio and creating call flows with Salesforce integration I find the product robust and basically if you can think of it, there is most likely a way to make it happen using APIs and the inContact Studio. I was able to learn the basics and build from there with little training. And what I don't know NICE inContact engineers and account managers are there to help.

Cons

In Salesforce there is a feature that you can login as the user to see what the user is seeing. inContact doesn't have that feature. To troubleshoot a user issue I have to go to some lengths to change the users password and login as them to see if I can see what they are reporting. Speaking of reporting, I know the CXOne platform has addons for better reporting but I feel the dashboards and basic reporting could be made better. For example to be able to drill down on a dashboard to specifics even on the user level.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your feedback, Warren!

Steven

Constant Service Issues, Terrible Customer Support

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

While we like the reporting system much better than our last system (though it does have a bit of a learning curve), we have pretty constant service issues. While InContact guarantees a 99.99% uptime, that would translate to about 4 hours a year of downtime for us - we sometimes have 4 hours of downtime in a single week. It has gotten a little better since we started complaining more, but we still have at least one impacting event every week or 2, that lasts 20-30 minutes.

The customer support is the worst I've ever dealt with. Some of them are nice, but clearly just don't have any idea what they're talking about, and some of them our downright rude. 1/3 of the time I call them, I know right away, based on their initial response, that there's no way they're going to be able to resolve my issue. Another close to 2/3 of the time, they take my info, ask me for info they could find themselves, and then create a case. They keep updating the case, until eventually the issue just kind of resolves itself, and then they close the case. Then, of course, the issue comes back 2 days later, and the process starts over again. I've even had a service representative flat out tell me my agents are lying to me, rather than treating the issue like it's InContact's fault - he also basically told me I was an idiot for "not seeing the obvious answer". We did, later, find proof that it was InContact's fault.

For all of our service issues over the last several months, they did provide a credit due to the guarantee, but six months of refunds came out to be about 8% of one month's bill - not much of a refund for constant issues and headaches that cost our company sales and hurt our department's credibility.

The script (InContact's Studio) is immensely and unnecessarily confusing, and if you can't figure out how to do it yourself, customer support will try for about 30 minutes and fail (hopefully not breaking anything else in the process), and then you have to call their professional services, which charges for every 15 minutes you're on the phone. Expect about an hour and a half call to add a simple "press one for this skill, press two for this skill" menu to a specific line. If you think about it, it's pretty genius - they actually make money by having a terrible customer service department and a complicated product, because then it forces you to pay exorbitant prices to get real help.

Many of their other add-on softwares are also unnecessarily confusing, outdated, buggy, or a combination of all 3. For instance, their WFO software, Verint, is incredibly confusing. Three of our employees went to a week-long training (which we paid a lot for) right before I took this position, and none of those employees could really tell me how to use the software. They did, however, forward to me 2 separate guides for the software, which totaled nearly 1,000 pages. Even with the wide array of unnecessary and complicated options, I still couldn't customize it to my needs after working with it, and customer support for nearly a month. They are moving away from Verint, because the company that acquired InContact has a competing product, but this point still stands for their other softwares as well - InView is nice, but very buggy and finicky, and we couldn't get quick results from our Account rep there - Uptivity looks like it was created in the early 90s, and is also relatively confusing, and non-user friendly - their customer support is also horrid.

The only reason we haven't switched already, is I'm finally starting to understand their Studio (after 9 months in this job), and I don't want to start over, and I'm worried that another company will be just as bad, or at least close. But it really hurts to pay so much for a poor service.

As far as price, I don't have enough experience in the field to be a great judge on this, but in speaking with others about some of their add-on service quotes that they've given us, I'm quite sure that these at least are a pretty terrible deal.

Pros

Reports are much more customizable than our last service
The InContact website itself is relatively user friendly and straightforward, aside from a learning curve for the reporting.

Cons

- Poor Customer Service
- Buggy/Non-user friendly add-on products
- Constant Service Issues
- Complicated Script
- Expensive Professional Services

Jim

Gold standard of contact center software & management

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Pros

Technical Customer Support manager is top-notch
ACD / IVR configuration was a snap. We were up and running in almost no time

Cons

Workforce Management module configuration is a bit tricky

Five9 and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

We decided to move to a cloud based solution to add levels of resiliency that we didn't have. Also, the benefits of flexibility were tremendous.

Five9 and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

CX One features were more comprehensive

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for your review!

Ashton
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great product

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Pros

I love the IVR system that they have. It makes routing calls and playing messages really easy and it also has great scripting opportunities. I also like how easy it is to use CXone on the agents computers.

Cons

The call quality is high but if you have headsets that aren't very good it can create issues with audio.

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

Overall CX one is a better product by far.

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

Nice Incontact is a local company to us and we wanted to focus on inbound calls not outbound.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your review, Ashton! Glad to know about your experience!

Lisa
  • Used for 2+ years

NICE InContact XCone feedback

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Initial implementation issues have been resolved so now we're in more of a sustainment mode. Issues have reduced and we're doing well.

Pros

SaaS and it's integration capabilities with the other NICE products such as WFM, RTAM and Analytics.

Cons

The vendor still operates like 3 separate companies.

Aspect Unified IP

Move to SaaS platform.

Aspect Unified IP

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

The experience of executive leadership plus having the benefit of synergy with Nice, inContact and Nexidia.

Response from NICE inContact

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you are having a good experience. We will share your feedback with our teams.

Leonard

Nice inContact CXone review

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

The overall experience with NICE has been a positive one. There are multiple items that we love, and then some that could use some work. A benefit is that their engineers actually take feedback and if it makes sense there is a good chance that it will be a future update/improvement to the platform.

Pros

We enjoy the multiple features available with CXOne, such as the forecasting tool, MAX agent.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the ability to update on a mass scale. Most areas are on a one agent edit scale. Would be beneficial for example if break schedules could be edited on a weekly level view instead of by day.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for the review Leonard! We'll pass your feedback on to our team.

Ruth

Great sales experience versus current support experience

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

We are currently trying to get a toll free number provisioned. I don't understand why our TAM didn't explain that we could get this set up through inContact. Instead she just let us run around without explaining. Also, she's not very proactive.

Pros

Ease of sales and installation
Linkage to SalesForce

Cons

Inconsistent support and follow up: I wish my support technical account manager would be more informative of turnaround timeframes to manage our expectations.

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

Ease of use and installation Straightforward training setup Connectivity with Salesforce

Response from NICE inContact

Hi Ruth, Thank you for your review. We will share your feedback on your experience with our leaders.

Eric
  • Used for 1+ year

Decent solution with room for improvement

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Using the platform gave us more flexibility for how we handle our calls and report on call center metrics. We are not sure though that it is worth the premium price we pay for this solution compared to what we could have had if we would have upgraded our premise-based ACD system that we replaced. We pay over $45k per month for fewer than 100 users and that's not even using all of the modules. We also have to pay that cost every month, forever or until we choose a different solution. Premise based might be a better value for our operation if we have a chance to choose again.

Pros

The software has a lot of customizability and tons of features. Deployment and training for users is easy.

Cons

There are definitely limitations for some features at standard and to get advanced modules and functions the solution becomes VERY expensive.

Response from NICE inContact

Eric, thanks for your review. Please reach out to your technical account manager if we can help make your experience better.We'd love to hear from you.

Jenny Naja

InContact

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

InContact helped us to improve reporting in the call center and data-driven decision making.

Pros

The implementation process was simple. Their data collection workbook is designed in a way the data requirements is mapped in a way that avoid the most common issues in implementations. Of course, there are always hiccups, but the Team was always ready to assist. We are a SMB and the executives assigned to us were actually from AnswerX, which was previously acquired by InContact. That required an additional cost, but offered closer guidance.

Cons

Modifying scripts and workflows in the IVR is doable, but most of the times they expect you to request assistance and get the Executive working on it. Other IVRs make it more intuitive and visually appaeling for the clients to manage themselves.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you so much for the review and productive feedback! We are glad we were able to help you improve upon reporting but are always looking to do better. We will pass along your commentary regarding the IVRs to our team.

David
  • Industry: Sports

I don't know all the options

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

We like incontact but we are a smaller company and everything cost money and I don't know if we are getting everything out of what we are currently paying.

Pros

I like that I can use the stuido for the most part to better my call center with out a lot of extra work.

Cons

I think I don't know all the features that come with incontact, can you drag email into the group, how does call back work.

Fuze

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

We like the potential and see a future with the company.

Response from NICE inContact

David, thanks for your comments. We strongly suggest reaching out to your technical account manager for help and to understand all of the capabilities of the product. It will certainly help.

Ann
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

NICE Incontact End User

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Working in WFM I use this tool constantly. It provides the information needed to perform my daily task with ease. It is a very functional and diverse tool in different areas where I need to view data and collect data.

Pros

The ease of navigation of the system. The information the system provides on realtime measures.

Cons

The functionality of the skilling process.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad to hear our call center software is helping you get the data you need to perform your job seamlessly.

JOY
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nice works Nicely

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

Pros

I like it keeps track of schedule including breaks, lunches, and any special meetings and the ease of use

Cons

It sometimes crashes without warning and sometimes calls come in with no intro warning

Rob
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Incontact has features but requires commitment of time and learning

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

We had a VERY rocky start. I believe that most of the issues were with our implementation manager. I have mostly re-written and fixed the studio scripts and eliminated most of the routing issues. I do very much like the universal availability of Soft phone to be used from anywhere and that you can use it with most browsers and operating systems. The auto dialer is definitely the best program in the product. List penetration and reporting make it easy to reach more patients/clients with no lag/delay between reaching the person and speaking with them.

Pros

The available features are great. Hands down, the best auto dialer I have experienced but the set up and testing will take several weeks to tweak to your preference. Logging in from anywhere is very beneficial. Always updated to make the product new and innovative. All-in-one products available. One stop shop for QR, WFM, softphone and Forecasting. Although the program requires a lot of troubleshooting and upkeep, I will admit that it does not go all the way down very often.

Cons

Implementation fees for anything you want to do. For something as simple as SMS response to advance chat. There are costs and fees for everything down to the nickel and dime. This caused us to develop our own server to store calls (due to storage costs), our QR program is 3rd party and our chat program now. We started with Uptivity which is being discontinued 12/31/2019. The new program they suggested was a very large increase in price. So we went with separate company for our QR needs. Turn around is very slow for add-ons and requested changes/features. I highly recommend a well versed main contact with knowledge in building programs, telephony/studio, and user access/security to be a go to person. This will save you time and money in the long run. A program that is always being tweaked requires several updates. The updates can take away from business and cause errors/issues for several users. I typically set my week aside whenever a new release is upcoming so that I can help troubleshoot.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for the detailed review, Rob! We are always striving to improve and will make sure to pass along your comments to our development team. We are happy to hear the auto dialer is working well.

Clinton
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

CXOne reminds me of a shiny, sleek, sports car powered by a go-cart engine.

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

It was much better several years ago but with every recent "upgrade" it has gotten worse. Latency is extreme to the point that all managers within our Contact Center have pleaded with our technology department to be removed from Single Sign On which we were only granted several weeks. As of late, we are constantly being told to clear cache, delete temp internet files, shut down and restart our computers, etc. The ACD screen freezes consistently and we are DAILY reaching out to our WFM team and asking them to move agents in and out of skills due to our timeouts and latency. These are truly daily occurrences and not the ramblings of a disgruntled user that is inconvenienced on an occasional basis.

Pros

The Dashboards are easy to configure and provide a nice view that you can tailor to both your department and/or individual needs.

Cons

As mentioned above, the Dashboards are very nice but I am often 2-3 minutes behind from a "real-time" view. Additionally, the most basic enhancements seem near impossible to consider as I'm regularly told "the system wasn't built that way". The Real Time Adherence view is a great example of this as I'll be monitoring 50 agents with an additional 10-15 that aren't even in a working state (in some case, even employees that do NOT work within the Contact Center). Basically, I'm looking at a bunch of "white noise" on the RTA screen instead of agents solely within my department. The issues may very well be concerns with my employer's technology team but since they are the ones in direct discussion with inContact, I just have to go by what they are saying.

Anallyn
  • Industry: Banking

NICE inContact for Call Center Management

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

At first I was skeptical with NICE inContact since I am used to using the other NICE application. After several updates made with NICE inContact collaborating with our Voice Team, the experience has been better especially loved the web player option :).

Pros

Since we started using NiC in March due to the global pandemic, we have since observed several upgrades in the functionalities/capabilities.

1. We have the option to remove download capabilities to certain users for InfoSec compliance since our company is a financial organization.
2. We no longer need 8x8 to play the call as it now has the web player functionality thus makes it easier to listen to calls.
3. We can now track the actual dead air and hold time which is critical to the call center as part of us monitoring the AHT and efficiency of our associates.
4. Clear definition of why a call was disconnected such as Agent Hung Up, Contact Hung Up, Agent Phone Disconnected, OB call interrupted and so on.

Cons

Some of the thing s I least like with the software are.

1. NiC tends to run into an error when agent is on high avail then a call suddenly comes in, it gives an agent leg error.
2. There are times that customer could not hear agent on the other line yet or vv. We did a test in the past where we listen to the call live and listened to the call after being recorded.

Eileen

inContact Review

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Pros

Ease of call routing
Capacity and Capability are endless

Cons

Not intuitive/need support if IT support is not on site

Before my time

Five9

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your feedback, Eileen. We'll pass your comments on to our product team.

Andrew

A Mixed Review

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Use of the CXone softphone has helped improve our agents call response time, and made it easier to troubleshoot problems communicating through InContact since we are all using the same system.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to pull information for reports regarding agent calls, agent behaviors, and call/time use statistics. Being able to pull this information let's me find and address problems that occur at time when a supervisor is not able to actively watch what each agent is doing, and gives supervisors the flexibility to work on many tasks at once.

Cons

There are some significant stability concerns. Agents reporting that the server did not accept a saved password several times, then accepting it on the fifth try, the softphone credentials being given to a second agent causing neither to be able to take calls do to license revocation, outages lasting for several hours at a time (though they happen infrequently).

Response from NICE inContact

Andrew, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll pass along your feedback to our team.

Falisha
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to Use but Some Features Need Improvement

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Pros

InContact is easy to get logged in and take calls or change your state. It is also very versatile, lots of customization and a fair amount of reporting options. It allows the ability see the current state of every contact and agent that are logged into the platform. The ability to set up dispositions to see a summary of what every contact was about is very useful, as is the ability to easily pull the caller ID for calls in case a call is dropped

Cons

The Max console could use improvement - in a lot of ways it is better than it's predecessor (Thin Agent) but my biggest struggle with it is not being able to easily see what calls are in the queue at a glance. A few of the reporting options could be improved upon as well. Some features are a bit clunky and could use some fine tuning

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that the software is working for you and will pass along your feedback about needed improvements to the appropriate teams.

Brad

InContact review

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

Overall positive experience. We've used InContact for over 5 years now and have been able to grow our business as a result. We were the first to launch the PC dialer and use it extensively every day to increase the amount of outbound call attempts we make on a daily basis. One thing that needs to happen is to find a way to reduce the amount of freezing that occurs within the platform. We experience this about once or twice a month, sometimes for short periods, but sometimes for longer periods of time which can negatively impact production. Also, continue to enhance the custom report tool. It's getting better with each release, but still has some room to improve.

Pros

Ease of use when it comes to skill buildouts, edits. Priority blending works well and helps us prioritize calls to out agents. PC dialer works well and eliminates that "pause" when a call is launched to one of our students

Cons

Freezing of the platform on occasion. Need ability to create agent profiles where you can add skills to a profile instead of adding skills to multiple agents. Too much time involved

Jonathan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Overall great software solution for IVR and autodialer

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Overall good, solution is reliable with a few minor glitches that mostly impacted us when a system update was pushed.

Pros

Enjoyed most the ability to access this solution remotely

Cons

Inability to customize on the fly - most of our script changes required professional services

Response from NICE inContact

Hello Jonathan. We're glad to hear your comments. Thanks for reviewing us!

Derek

Growing Call Center Implementation

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

When starting the process of setting up our system and establishing our integrations, the tech professionals that were assisting us went out of our way to give us everything that we asked for. The reporting and live call actions are very convenient and useful daily.

Our customer service experience has not been the best in terms of response time and cost but we have only had 1 major issuer that required the customer service involvement.

Pros

The best feature of our inContact system is the reporting and live tracking that I use daily. The dashboard provides a lot of customizable information that allows us to track all of our employees. One of these dashboard items is the Agent List that allows us to actively listen to calls, coach, or take over calls as they are happening. This is a very useful feature for a growing call center that is training new employees.

Cons

There are some integration issues that we have run into. They are relatively easy fixes when they do happen but it is a persistent issue that we have run into.

Response from NICE inContact

Great feedback, Derek! We are happy to hear the reporting is helping you in your day-to-day work and with engaging your agents. We will pass along your feedback on integration issues to our development team. Thank you!

Niru
  • Industry: Automotive

Formidable software that provides growth and development

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Overall its been productive, the NICE-incontact integration allows our agents to do there tasks in a timely manner which corresponds with there designated work schedule throughout the day

Pros

Incontact provides our call center with the ability to make outbound/inbound calls so our agents can stay in tact with our service level agreements with various OEM vendors. I prefer its easy to use interface that enables the average user to seamlessly navigate throughout the agent panel when hurrying to make calls and complete tasks.

Cons

I find that the Incontact agent window becomes glitchy at times where some buttons are non-responsive. Sometimes we have to close the entire window and re-launch the agent panel to become functional again.

Response from NICE inContact

Great to hear about your experience. Thank you, Niru!

Kathy
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Successful business transformation through integrated contact centres

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

incontact is an excellent scalable platform for expansion/integration
incontact seems to be very much in touch with evolving customer needs
Customer support and customer communication is very good and sometimes surprisingly transparent
Integration of chat and email for a unified agent queue allows agents to work from a single platform
Integrated agent and phone application allows agents to work from home without specialized software on their home computers.
options

Cons

Customer support is usually so good that it's disappointing when inContact occasionally doesn't live up to it's own standard
I wish the company had a service centre in Canada although their service offerings port fairly well across the border

Cecelia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Record employees for training purpose and performance. Able to find call recordings when...

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

You can use the system for performance and customer complaints.

Pros

Able to use the call recording system to train employee(s) on quality calls to the homeowner. I was also able to find calls when the customer would call and compliant about the employee. It is a GREAT back up system for complaints, you can call the customer back and tell them you listen to the call and the situation did not happen or it did happen. Use the call recording for performance issues with a employee. You can also let the employee listen to the call and rate it and have discussion of their findings on the call. Good training tool.

Cons

When the system was down and you could not record a call that was necessary to go over with your employee.