DocuWare

Write a Review!
Document management and workflow automation

4.4/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

Amber

Everyday User

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Docuware has made it so much easier to store all of our client documents without having to keep the paper copies in the office. I use it daily as my checklist to make sure that all checks/transfer/account changes are getting taken care of in a timely manner from our custodian.

Pros

I like that I can keep track of pending checks/transfer easily and make sure they occur on a timely manner. It is very easy to pull up clients records and see everything we have on them.

Cons

I feel like we are on a very outdated version and have never been notified of upgrades. I'd like to be able to make my own "stamps" to mark documents how they should be marked.

Response from DocuWare

Hello Amber, Thank you for your review. You can get notifications of any version release by subscribing to our Blog and UserInfo right from our website. We release a new version about every 6 months, usually one in the Spring and then again in the Fall. Stamps are created in the DocuWare Thick Client, you should have access to create stamps as needed.

Charles
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Is there a better platform? You decide!

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

It has been good to us for many many years. I have no had any user complain about features or missing files. Searching has been good as long as the correct data is inputed upon file uploads. Creating new "document trays" is simple and made easier with creating new users now.

Pros

DocuWare has been a crucial part of our environment for many , many years! When it goes down, which is not too often, my team is crippled. However, it has been back up quickly in my cases. The configuration aspect is easy for even the basic IT user.

Cons

There aren't very many --when it's down, it's down. No fixing it by contacting support in the Americas. IT is a global company based in Germany I believe. Getting support during our working hours is almost non-existent.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We're so glad that users in your company are benefiting from
DocuWare's user-friendly features and powerful search capabilities. It's always a pleasure to hear from a happy customer. Your experience with DocuWare Support is not typical. We are committed to offering Level 1 support within 30 minutes and this applies to any case that a customer has identified as critical. We respond to Level 2 requests within 2 hours and Level 3 requests within 5 hours. In addition, we've recently begun to offer 5/24 support for critical issues. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with more details so that we can assist you.

Lucas
  • Industry: Law Practice

Simple, easy software though slightly limited

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

DocuWare has a simple interface that is easy to learn and master. It is great for document management, creating, editing, and combining documents is simple.

Cons

The interface seems somewhat outdated, but the simplicity is part of the allure of the software

Response from DocuWare

We appreciate you taking the time to review DocuWare. We're so glad that you appreciate DocuWare's ease of use and that your experience has essentially been very positive. We have a team that is dedicated to updating our user interface. If you have specific feedback, please contact us at [email protected]. We'll pass your comments along to our product team.

Peter
  • Industry: Wholesale

An excellent solution provider for my documents.

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

I was able to get the effect I wanted in the management of my documents.

I was able to get the effect I wanted in the management of my documents.

Pros

Affordable. Fast interface. It simplifies searching for documents and greatly reduces the time it takes to find a document.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the product, it provided the control of my documents as I wanted.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you for taking the time to review DocuWare. We appreciate your positive feedback about how our cloud-based solution has enabled your organisation to automate manual tasks, increase productivity and improve collaboration across departments. If we can ever be of assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected].

RAY

Investing in DocuWare was a good decision. It provides affordable value to our organization.

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Efficiency, cross-department training and use, ability to archive documents we're required to maintain and reduce storage, ability to limit access to specific documents.

Pros

One of the big reasons our DocuWare roll out was such a success was because our IT vendor worked with us to develop a training and implementation `ramp-up approach that allowed us to continually roll out the solution to our departments. DocuWare has saved us weeks of time, in terms of finding needed information.
We like that DocuWare is very customizable in how we are able to store documents. We also like that it provides a shared vault that everyone can pull from, ensuring consistency in document use.

Cons

We feel DocuWare. although we like the product, is not particularly intuitive. Users need a good training to get full use from the program.

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Industry: Human Resources

From a big failure to a success story!

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

We had a major setback with the vendor who initially set up the product with our company, to where we had to halt our progress and rollback to our old platform (FORTIS). But we implemented it again and it was a success.

Pros

1. The interface is easy on the eyes, intuitive, and user-friendly
2. Effective drag and drop functionality
3. Users can perform multiple tasks in multiple documents without leaving the main console

Cons

1. Lack of appropriate training for users and administrators
2. Lack of documentation and information on the web to troubleshoot problems on your own
3. The company does not seem invested in its clients' education of how to use the product

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We're glad your company is benefiting from DocuWare's user-friendly interface and flexibility. We appreciate the feedback on DocuWare training and documentation and are sorry to hear that we haven't fully met your needs. If you we can be of further help or you have suggestions for improvement, please reach out to us at [email protected].

Dan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to approve Invoices

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

When it comes time to approve invoices, they are all in a queue and ready for me to stamp them as approved or reject. No need to go searching - it is a pretty simple process.

Cons

When typing in search fields, the appropriate selection will eventually appear in a dropdown menu, and must be selected. If you type the search criteria with an exact match and press enter, you will not find what you are looking for unless you have also entered a wildcard search(*).

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for your review of DocuWare. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad that your company has benefited from our solution's ability to make collaboration easier and automate time-consuming manual tasks. If we can ever be of assistance, please contact us at [email protected].

Karya
Karya
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Docuware

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

I like having the access to all of our orders at my fingertips. I wish more coworkers used this, instead of picking up the phone or emailing me for information. They can find it all in this online filing cabinet called Docuware.

Pros

We use Docuware as our online filing cabinet. Anything you need to know about an order, you can find in Docuware (as long as it is scanned in and updated accordingly).

Cons

Sometimes items are not uploaded in a timely fashion and/or not linked to the packet.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. Experiencing slow upload speeds is not typical. We want to better understand your issues so that we can offer the appropriate assistance. Please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to improve your experience with our solution.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

DocuWare converted our paper A/P process into a smooth online workflow.

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

Our growth is very healthy, so this allowed us to automate and electronically store our documents without adding more space for file cabinets and hold off on hiring additional employees for a period of time.

Pros

The DocuWare consultant tailored the product to our specific needs. We incorporated many validations and lookups across to the target ERP system (SAGE). The Intellix learning OCR feature was impressive and lived up to the sales pitch, recognizing differences in our vendor base that were surprising (example - some vendor provided dates in mm/dd/yyyy and others presented in dd/mm/yyyy - but DocuWare learned the difference and converted as needed).

Cons

We did not build enough tracking/audit fields at the onset, upon hindsight. Doing it again, I would have a tracking field on who owns the document - so as to always be able to export a file of all open WIP documents and know to whom that they belong.

Sue
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

I love the functionality of the system. Our office uses it all day long.

I love the functionality of the system. Our office uses it all day long.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has a lot of cool functions that the older version did not have.

Cons

Trying to print it a bit of a hassle, which is confusing because it didn't used to be that way. I'm not sure why happened or why.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We're happy to hear that you appreciate how user-friendly and intuitive the software is. Ease of use is very important to us, and we're continually developing enhancements to our user interface. Printing problems often stem from issues related to your IT infrastructure. Your DocuWare Partner will be able to help you troubleshoot printing issues. You can also contact us directly at [email protected]

Chris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Local support is excellent. They go above and beyond. DocuWare is very end-user friendly.

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Document management is a breeze.

Document management is a breeze.

Pros

End-users typically have no trouble using the software and pick it up intuitively. Adding documents to the repository and retrieving them after is a breeze.

Cons

As an administrator, I find the management interface to be convoluted and difficult. So convoluted, in fact, that if you don't work with the interface on a very frequent basis you will find yourself struggling to perform most configuration changes. Knowing where to change something -- even which interface to use to change something -- is difficult. Why is there an administration area that is not web-based, and then workflow management is web-based, etc.? All management functions should be in a common interface, with a common look and feel. That's simply not the case here.

Van

Documented Docuware Success Story

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

As a Docuware client for over 15 years I have seen this product evolve. We have utilized this program to scan, index and search real estate title documents. From our first use we knew this product was going to revolutionize our title company and it has done this without any loss of productivity and, in fact, has saved manpower and storage dollars. From the moment we created our first "cabinet" with one entry till now where we house over 40 million images that are accessed by personnel from all our locations, we experience exceptional response time and absolutely no "down time". I highly recommend this product to anyone in the title industry.

Pros

Functionality, ease of use, and very small learning curve.

Cons

I have no adverse thoughts.

Leana

support & implementation teams are very responsive! Love this system...great for internal...

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Pros

Once this system is set up to follow the approval / processing flow, the system is seamless. Nobody can forge a supervisor's approval. There are never any lost invoices as they all are scanned into Docuware and follow the pre-established process. We are more easily able to trace transactions do the source documents. Our auditors love it!

Cons

You have to call support to have a new user set up or cancel the rights of a user. Also, if a user closes the software by clicking the "X" in the upper right hand corner vs. officially logging off, it locks up the license and blocks the ability for another person to log in.

maria
  • Industry: Restaurants

Siroko Beach

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Pros

It takes minutes to have all the invoices saved with the advantages of allowing you to find whatever you need from them.. Giving access to the account firm was very important to us too. We saved so much time !!!

Cons

The development of an interface between docuwar and our inventory and sales system took too long. Now I am thinking of changing it but I am worried about the time it will probably take.

Ferran
  • Industry: Chemicals

Increased our efficiency

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Pros

Connectivity with SAP BO, so our accountant can book all the invoices from our suppliers faster.

Cons

For the moment I like everything about DocuWare.

Bernat
Bernat
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Revolution on Invoices Management

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Pros

The digitization of the approval workflow and the accessibility of stored documents make this digital document management system the best.

Cons

A drawback is the absence of direct support from the vendor, coupled with limited availability of technical documentation on the product

• Industry: Human Resources

DocuWare Review

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Pros

I like that it gives me a preview of the files before I open them. I also like that it stores everything in color and that I can store multiple things at once. It works well at keeping things neat and is simple to use.

Cons

The search function is not very good. In order to get results when performing a search you have to search the name of the document exactly as it was recorded. This can be difficult when looking for something that you stored months ago.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you for taking the time to review DocuWare. We want to help you get the most out of your DocuWare system. We can work with you to help you fine-tune your searches. With DocuWare you can search by date, type of document, keyword and any other parameters you set up. Please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would appreciate the opportunity to improve your experience with our solution.

Kellyanne

So far our experience with DocuWare has been very positive. It has been a great help!

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

Pros

It's ease of use is the largest PRO! We have our entire shop (35+people) using the software and the fact it is so user friendly is simply excellent!

Cons

At times we wish there were more sort options and export options. but overall it is a very good product!

Brian
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Docuware review

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

So far, I am absolutely loving it. So easy to use and without having a client to install.

Pros

I love the web interface. It makes it so convenient. The UI layout is so intuitive compared to our old document system.

Cons

I don't like that I can't process multiple files by selecting the ones I want to change. It's either all or nothing.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We appreciate hearing from our customers. The ability to process multiple documents at once depends on what you're trying to accomplish and whether you have installed the most current version of DocuWare. Please reach out to your DocuWare Partner for assistance or contact us at any time at [email protected].

Donald
  • Industry: Banking

Easy to implement and use. We were up and running in a very reasonable time frame.

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Improved efficiency and better document management.

Improved efficiency and better document management.

Pros

The system is user friendly and easy to learn. It has helped improve our efficiency in handling the accounts payable function by eliminating the need to move paper documents. It has also replaced paper document storage with imaged files which are much easier to work with both from a storage aspect as well as a research aspect.

Cons

At this point we have not had any issues with the system performance or capabilities. It is providing what we need for this function.

Whitney

Safe and Secured

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Pros

I really like how Docuware works together with the other software's used to store documents for everything. Also, like how I can put any location and look up the information needed for the store/tenant. Once you understand how to use Docuware it is easily used and able to locate the information need.

Cons

The thing I like the least with Docuware is learning how to use the program. I have slowly taught myself how to navigate the program but I believe a lot of people are scared to use it because it can be confusing to learn how to navigate.

Denise

Good.

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

Pros

Functionality is great - makes searching for documents easy and easily and. Cloud based makes accessibility easier

Cons

Uploading documents and sorting are time consuming and difficult to get it done easily and effectively.

Richard

Easy to use document management software

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

One of our original purposes in implementing DocuWare was to make our move to a new building easier and move toward a paperless office. That was accomplished, but the real benefit we've seen is DocuWare's flexibility which allows each of our departments to use the software in very different ways expanding charitable income and helping us reach out goals.

David

Seriously Great Document Management Software

Reviewed on 12/05/2015

Really impressed by DocuWare. Year on year the software has improved and now represents simply amazing value for money. We looked at many systems closely but DocuWare proved to offer the best functionality vs cost.

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Innovative and robust document management platform

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

DocuWare has allowed us to improve the organization, access and security of our documents, significantly increasing our efficiency in the office. I would recommend DocuWare to other companies looking to optimize document management.

Pros

I like DocuWare's ability to efficiently scan and store all of our important documents has allowed us to streamline processes and reduce paper usage. The intelligent search function makes it easy for us to quickly find any file, which saves us valuable time in our daily routine. In addition, integration with other systems, such as ERP and CRM, has improved interdepartmental communication and information management. DocuWare's ease of use and quick implementation allowed us to adapt smoothly to this new way of working. Finally, remote access and real-time collaboration have improved our efficiency, allowing us to work more agile and respond quickly to our company's needs.

Cons

DocuWare offers many useful features, but it can be costly for small businesses. Also, more customization options would be ideal.

Response from DocuWare

Hi Eileen, many thanks for your comments. For small business, maybe DocuWare Cloud would be a good solution... We work every day on improving and being much more efficient for our users.