Showing 16,145 reviews of 15,579

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cloud-based CRM & Sales Automation

4.4 /5 (15579 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 16,145 reviews of 15,579
Alain jove R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The CRM worth buying

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition tagging for at a glance view.

The one thing I observed about this CRM is it doesn't lag although a lot of users are already accessing the same interface, which means it has a stable platform and servers that can accommodate the bandwidth of multiple users. I can safely say that it allocates a significant storage to avoid the nuisance of pages loading slowly. Not only that, so far there are no reported issues of their database being breached or any intrusions which is very harmful for businesses and their trade secrets. It is vital since client data is the backbone of a business. I'm glad that they have established these safeguards well to make their product reliable and trustworthy.

Cons

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Tim E.

the Best CRM on the market

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

10/10. The most complete CRM out there. We are only scratching the surface of what we can use SF for.

Pros

There literally isn't anything That Salesforce can't do. We are even beginning to use their billing system. It is absolutely vital for sales engagement, pipeline management, forecasting, relationship management, etc.....

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you need a degree in SF to do certain things. It can be hard to figure things out.

Scott W.

Salesforce doesn't lack the power, but suffers in process flow and visuals

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Interactions with Support at the time were forced. In terms of Ease of use: I believe the tool was fairly simple to follow when used consistently. The lead and contact managment elements of the tool were very strong and nuanced. From generating new leads, connecting them to an email campaign, nurturing the leads to the next stages of the cycle and then converting the leads into customers. For us, selling software, converting them to clients and then using Salesforce to track the implementation and consulting component was crucial. Salesforce did a wonderful job and reducing duplication. I definitely was able to handle more volume of prospects with Salesforce and direct my attention and activities to the highest value. And that is the point of the Sales side of a CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is a fantastic option for larger businesses that need powerful sales and service functionality within an integrated environment. I was just one team member of many, but I believe the tracking ability of a robust pipeline of prospects and the tools available to capture, recall, execute and update records through an elongated sales process allowed me to be more effective and efficient with my client time. Salesforce brags on its sales, marketing, and analytics toolset and in general these did not disappoint. The drill-down capabilities from the analytics dashboards were useful. Also, the ability to tie your email correspondence with prospects to quickly recall your last interaction was critical.

Cons

The internal tools for messaging and communication appeared archaic to me and almost always circumvented in favor of our own favorited instant messaging and posting platforms. The design of the data input screens was oddly spaced and placed. It wasn't the best flow when capturing info. However, admittedly, the platform allowed for great automation in the workflow and setup of custom fields. I don't believe my company spent the time evaluating the best use of the tool. And so my advice is to get a good definition of your processes and standards so that you can utilize Salesforce to the fullest.

Evita G.

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros

Cons

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees!

I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

William S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great CRM Tool

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Once we started using Salesforce, we have increased our repeat business from our existing clients and our conversion rate from the leads and referrals we receive has skyrocketed. We are able to tailor our offerings to the prospects specific needs and their response has been overwhelmingly positive. We often get comments about how they feel like we understand them better than our competitors.

Pros

Salesforce is probably the most functional CRM tool on the market, and one of the easiest to set up and use. It worked right out of the box, and we have continued to expand the features we use. One of the best things are all the plugins available, which allow you to customize the environment to fit your business' specific requirements. Our revenues have doubled consistently year-to-year and our customer satisfaction ratings have improved dramatically since we began using Salesforce. My team has threatened to revolt if we ever consider moving to a different platform.

Cons

The licensing structure favors larger organizations, but the fees we pay are still reasonable for the value we get from the product.

Jerome M.

SalesForce is astounding for the most part at what it does, however can be hard to adjust to...

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

It monitors our hopefuls and customers discourses over some stretch of time which causes us return from where the last discussion had finished. A decent record data also with 360-perspective on data. Devices work quite a bit of some acclaimed person to person communication destinations and could be considered as a simple exploring stage.

Pros

A stage that offers deals the board, client administration, showcasing robotization and accomplice relationship the executives. It is a c cloud-based CRM arrangement, Salesforce gives you anyplace, whenever, access to your business information, even from cell phones. This stage helped us streamline our procedure and logged our discussion with every one of our customers/applicants monitoring the discourse history and knowing where we left at. It has a decent contact the board framework that enables the clients to store significantly more data like record/customer subtleties, addresses, other accessible data which permits a decent record information review. The Dashboard is adaptable and can fit to what their customer needs and requires for the particular procedure. It's a simple to explore programming particularly for the individuals who had been into cloud-based stage previously.

Cons

The multifaceted nature of its highlights here and there are not being depleted/augmented by little scale organizations and could get overpowering now and again. Evaluating might be somewhat high for a little organization particularly on the off chance that they need something that is progressively adaptable. For our group, it took us some time to explore the stage completely and consider was on the most proficient method to tweak the stage dependent on our necessities. Recognizing what is as of now accessible for us and what can be considered for what's to come is something that we get to profound plunge through the span of months and a great deal of cooperation and discussion with the group. Announcing issues may be somewhat hard as far as realizing who is responsible for certain specialized glitch if its Salesforce people themselves or some application that connects to it.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Media Production

A robust CRM that helps you manage your customers, track your performance and grow your...

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

A hub for organizing our customers and tracking our performance.

Pros

I really enjoy how customizable Salesforce is, you can completely tailor each section, such as your page layouts for leads, contacts and accounts to display the data that matters to your business. The software allows you to create new fields, organize them how you'd like and even create automation tools to trigger workflows and email alerts based off of your entries. Outside of the native Salesforce capabilities is a massive app store called the appexchange that allows you to connect your environment with services such as MailChimp for marketing emails, DocuSign for executing contracts and more. Salesforce is not always simple but once it is understood it can be manipulated to fit any businesses needs. We love the report feature because we can pull information on all fields that matter to us in each section (tab) of Salesforce to measure our performance. If your reports often have a defined criteria and date range you can easily schedule email alerts to receive without having to pull manually.

Cons

The customer service is bad. Unless you are looking to upgrade your account somehow or purchase a new product you wont be able to contact anyone. You can purchase the customer service package but it is an additional amount. The package allows you to contact customer support via phone - without it you will need to submit a ticket which sometimes takes over a week to resolve. In my opinion no one should have to pay extra to receive quality service for a product they own. Additionally, Salesforce offers customers the opportunity to request fixes/updates to the service and vote on top priority items. I've seen these items often times sit in the queue for 3-5 years. When it's a change that the majority of your customers are demanding there needs to be some priority to that! I think some advice I'd give to Salesforce is to do a better job at not only pushing out new products but ensuring that after they are pushed out they are continuously being monitored and improved , not abandoned. We purchased Pardot three years ago and found that to be a huge mistake because it seemed to be abandoned by Salesforce as the moved onto Marketing Cloud and other ventures. There have been no improvements to Pardot (a Salesforce product) in the last 3 years - it has remained exactly the same even with all of the suggestions provided by customers. We also tried Quip (a Salesforce product) and found it to be similarly undone so decided not to go down that road again.

SalesForce is amazing generally at what it does, but can be difficult to adapt to specific...

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

At the end of the day even though I complain about salesforce it makes life easier when you are part of a sales organization. You have access to all records associated with a particular account. You can track lead history, marketing engagement, lost opps, and just about anything else you'd need to know.

Pros

Salesforce does everything. It presents you with powerful tools to run reports, create dashboards, and search for info (accounts,leads, contacts, etc..). As far as managing customer-facing business, financials, acticity, contracts, etc... It's the best. And for the most part if Salesforce can't do what you need specifically they probably have a third-party provider that you can plugin ala Zuora.

From a user perspective it's very easy to get granular with data you are trying to explore and present it in a number of ways. Figuring out there reporting and dashboarding tools makes it extremely powerful.

Cons

Salesforce is generally great, but being a best in class CRM for general purposes means that certain specific needs of one company might not always be met. It's their challenge for sure (kind of like a POS). Lots of different use cases all generally falling under the same category.

Besides that the only cons I have are sort of nitpicky day-in-day-out stuff. It takes too many clicks to say log a mtg or update someone's status. A sales operations leader of mine one time did an analysis of how many clicks within salesforce a rep makes in a day and the number was staggering.

Reporting on leads and contacts together is also kind of a pain and sometimes impossible.

Kevin B.

Salesforce is the premier CRM in the market, and this platform offers the most ROI.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

This helps my and my team realize more ROI by helping automate and report on what is necessary for us to keep recorded in CRM. The laborious tasks that team members hate dealing with can be taken care of by the Salesforce platform itself, causing less friction with management and 100% accurate reporting in CRM.

Salesforce helps me keep track of my progress as an employee and offers transparency as to what I can do to improve my processes and learn to succeed to higher degrees and frequencies.

Pros

I like all of the automation and customization available with Salesforce. It is great having access to a tool that is capable of taking so much of the human decision out of the equation so that the team members can focus on their responsibilities and allow Salesforce to do the heavy lifting. If can be tiresome to try to always remember what needs to be logged/updated when and where, and Salesforce makes reporting compliance easy for any team of any size. Customizing it offers great value as well, as there are numerous departments in every company, and we all would like to use Salesforce differently. I get to have layouts and processes that match my team, while not being bothered with those of other departments.

Cons

What I like least is that Salesforce has sub-par support. There is a lot of complexity to their platform, and because of that, a lot of questions arise. The team at Salesforce, even if you pay for premier support, is not all that responsive or helpful. There is a lot that they themselves don't necessarily know and maybe have to track down the appropriate internal resources to get the answers. Another thing is that Salesforce seems to neglect very important features requests from Salesforce Ideas posts. Clients are offering their feedback and suggestions firsthand, but certain requests that would benefit every company (such as being able to sort reports by more than just a single field) get left in the dust for UI updates to try to wow or entice new clients. Salesforce definitely has a direction of its own, and although they do build new and helpful aspects to the tech, you are on their wagon wherever they choose to pull it.

Maximilian W.

You will never be done implementing but it will still be useful

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

As the title suggests, you will never be "done" implementing Salesforce. It will be there and you can get use out of it very quickly but maintaining, extending, and customizing Salesforce will take up a significant amount of time.

Pros

Salesforce is a behemoth. Its various modules and the AppEx packages can do almost anything and almost any piece of enterprise software integrates with it quite well. On top of that Salesforce's Apex programming language lets you enhance and customize Salesforce to your hearts content. The sky is really the limit here.

Cons

Pretty much all of the pros result in cons as well. AppEx is great, but you will need to pay (usually quite a bit) for any piece of extra functionality which will quickly scale the cost of your Salesforce implementation up. Likewise all the built-in features and modules are great but can also be quite overwhelming and there is a very good change you will do things "wrong" without it coming back to haunt you months later. If you want to avoid that you can get a consultant to help you, which of course increases your implementation or maintenance cost.
Overall Salesforce is a great piece of enterprise software and costs accordingly.

John M.

Best CRM System Hands Down

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Salesforce has replaced my to do list and has become my sole task manager. Salesforce keeps me organized by truncating deadlines, clients and client interactions. Also, it allows us to make a schedule to determine our tasks for the quarter.

Pros

Salesforce has immensely improved the way we service our clients and maintain client records. In recent years, we were able to upgrade to a version of Salesforce that directly integrated with our custodian which sent direct data feeds daily to our system. This integration has been a big improvement and we have yet to scratch the surface with some of the benefits it provides.

Cons

The upgrade to Lightning, while great has its shortcomings. Not all of the features from Classic have been migrated over to Lightning. The feature we are requesting the most is the ability to assign a calendar event to more than one person. This seems like a simple ask and should be implemented as soon as possible.

Samuel M.

I use Salesforce to import and record activities on leads as well as create and log...

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Tracking activities and results as well as where I stand against quota is very helpful. The ability to look at older activities and reports also helps as a reference point in new conversations. The customizable features are also very cool. Creating the most efficient work flow is much easier that way.

Pros

It is essential to our business. After going through a long training process the tool becomes second nature. The ability to log activities and data is great. There are countless features of the tool that I only know a fraction of. Running reports and exploring previous activities has been super beneficial to keeping in touch with old leads. Creating list and account views to have all of your information in one place is also very helpful. Searching for leads and accounts is very easy and accessible and quick to find. The dashboard tool is also useful it lets you know up to the minute how you are performing against your quota for the week/month/quarter.

Cons

Due to the size and features of Salesforce sometimes things can get a bit confusing. Learning how to use the tool and being comfortable using it takes a lot of time. Sometimes running reports and account/lead views can be confusing when fields are not filled out correctly and I need assistance from Sales Ops. The tool isn't super user friendly at times and can be slow to load. There are also time that logging activities will not save and you have to start all over which can be frustrating.

Kunal G.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

One stop solution

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

It has been great working on Salesforce.
We use salesforce for all our agent systems. We also use distributed marketing.
Using salesforce allowed us to support complex business process and also improved productivity.

Pros

Cloud based. No downtime so accessible anytime.
All the functionalities are packaged so well. Setting up a CRM from scratch can be done in less than a week.
They have the products and functionalities for all use cases of CRM. You can integrate with other salesforce platform like marketing cloud so easily.
Great customization possibilities. Everything can be tailored as per the need of the organization.

Cons

The salesforce support can improve.
A lot of times the support agents don’t have the right knowledge to address the problem.
Also resolution from Salesforce can take anywhere from 2 to 72 hours.
Frequent updates and steep learning curve

Peggy T.

My experience with Salesforce

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Tracking the student progress; such as grades, attendance, classes in the future, classes they failed and the comments from Professors as to why. It was very beneficial and valuable as to the success in running the college campus.

Pros

I was introduced to Salesforce in 2012 when I was hired as the Director of Students Services. I was able to record a valuable amount of information on each and every student. I was able to record, their classes, grades, attendance. I was even able to keep track of their class progress. This system generates emails, and mass text messages. As far as communication it was an excellent resource tool. We had a saying at the college, " If it's not in Saleforce, it didn't happen". You could write notes on each and every student, and those who had access was able to see what was pertaining to the student , a class, or even a personal issue. It kept track of dates, and times, and had an excellent reminder application. I was at this college for 8 years, and then transferred to Las Vegas, Nevada, the best part is they were using Salesforce as well so it was an extremely easy transition. Excellent software .

Cons

In order for the new staff or Professors to use it, they had to go through training, and if they were not Saleforce familiar it was not as likely that the important information would be recorded. So we didn't have have valuable information.

Mark W.

Pretty solid product with questionable customer support.

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

It did what I needed it to do. I did not like the Salesforce sales team to contact my Corporate Office and use my name to sell their product to my company when I asked them not to.

Pros

The CRM portal and CRM tracking. I liked the mobile app.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve. Customer support is not great.

Salesforce has been a game changer for our organization

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

We have had lots of success with using this platform as our CRM of choice

Pros

Easy to use and customize. Hundreds of integrations are available, which make the growth possible in many different directions.

Cons

The management for duplicates can be very tricky within Salesforce, in particular, when other software packages are integrated with it. Having better duplicate management would be great.

Houston B.

One of the most configurable and customizable CRMs on the market

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

Trailhead is a very comprehensive training resource for learning just about anything within the Salesforce platform. It makes it easy for anyone to be come an admin.

Cons

Sometimes the lack of basic functionality features, or alternatively the imposed rigidness of certain facets of the system for seemingly arbitrary reasons, are incredibly frustrating for administrators. Seems like every other day I have to find a workaround for something that Salesforce shit the bed on and/or will not address when it is presented to them.

Salesforce is kind of like ordering a pepperoni pizza, and when you receive it, it looks amazing and perfect. However, when you try to pull off one of the pepperonis, you notice that they are actually made of plastic, and are impossible to be removed from the pizza. When asking on the forums how to remove the pepperonis, you see a whole slew of other customers wondering the same thing, all at a loss. When asking Salesforce why plastic pepperonis were put on the pizza and integrated so deeply that you cannot remove them, you get either no response, or false promises to add real pepperonis to the pizza in the future (i.e. 10 years later, still "Under Review"). In the meantime, you're left to either carefully try to eat around the inedible pepperonis, or make your own pizza. That's is, after already paying for a very expensive, very unsatisfying pizza.

Salesforce has proven effective and useful. I feel like the power is well, however.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Power and flexibility. Customization and control. Everything you'd want in a faux database.

Pros

Its UI is very straightforward. Cming from a place where we use it more for contact management and not so much sales specifically, the interaction between part of the program is very good. Navigation and highlighting needed components and effort from users is well done. You can get the use to do what you need to do.

Running the background processes becomes a bit clumsy at times. If you walk into it knowing a little about the way software works, you can be dangerous in both a good and bad way. This is a PRO if you know enough to know you know nothing. Take the time to re-learn and ask plenty of questions. You can do a lunatic amount of things with automation and make life easy.

In addition, there's been enough history that someone has asked every question once. You just need to find a way to get to it. Barring that, getting responses from the SFDC help staff is very good.

Cons

Running the background processes becomes a bit clumsy at times. If you walk into it knowing a little about the way software works, you can be dangerous in both a good and bad way. This is a CON if you think you know something or there's some edge case that's hard to define.

I personally find that things aren't generally intuitive. I don't really knock SFDC for this though as the variety of things you can do make it difficult to keep everything really tight.

Pre-requisites... my oh my make sure your sand-people are in a single file. Trying to retcon something is a red nightmare.

Also, and maybe I'm cheap... but licensing is crazy-expensive in my opinion.

Regina B.

Powerful, All in One CRM

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I am a Salesforce Admin and I work in Salesforce daily. I enjoy using the CRM, I find it very easy to use and reliable.

Pros

I like the tons of features that Salesforce has built into it. Those features are easy to use, easy to implement, and adoption rates are relatively high, even for people without a technical background (very important for sales users).

Cons

I found Salesforce difficult to navigate when I first started using it, so it can seem daunting to new users until they get a feel for navigation. I also feel that Salesforce is rather expensive per license. I know the cost is worth it for all of the features that are provided, but still rather expensive.

Mary S.

A true lifesaver

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy Salesforce and the ease it has given a typically tedious aspect of being a special education teacher.

Pros

My school district’s special education program switched to SpedAdvantage through Salesforce and it is a complete time saver compared to our old software. Special education entails hours of paperwork but with SpedAdvantage and the organization that comes from the program the paperwork is easy to find, complete, and get out to team members. Aspects I appreciate the most: activity/log a call, connecting contacts to students, upcoming/overdue reminder pop up, check out/in on paperwork, just to name a few.

Cons

We have had some glitches with the program but the support team/developers were prompt and helpful in their responses.

Kim F.
  • Industry: Research

New user first impressions

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Overwhelming as I am understanding how to use it, but know that it is going to be incredibly helpful once we're more familiar with it!

Pros

I like that this can pin straight to you Outlook account and makes for easy attaching emails to customers. Although this is still brand-new to me, it's nice to know I will not have to sit here creating new Outlook folders for each individual customer anymore! I can save them right to their account in SalesForce where anyone connected to it can see where communication left off.
It's also nice that you can update one field and it will update wherever else that needs to be changed. Before this we had several spreadsheets and would need to update each manually whenever there was a change.
Also great to pull reports with the ease of a click or two of a button.

Cons

It still is very overwhelming to me - so much to look at all at once! It is a matter of understanding the changes and where to look for the info I need.
Not sure if it's a pro or con yet because we haven't quite gotten to this step as a company, but would like to integrate inventory with this program and barcode scanning. I'm not sure if those are even options. We also would like to connect it with a Google Sheets we work off of for production - but again, not sure what the capabilities it's not yet a pro or con.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Growing Into a Mature Salesforce Experience

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Overall, as a CRM tool, I am very satisfied with Salesforce. From day 1, the tool enhanced our CRM user experience significantly. I am excited for our future with Salesforce as we grow in our maturity with the tool and the tool itself continues to evolve.

Pros

We upgraded to Salesforce from our previous CRM system. Salesforce performs well as CRM but really takes off in terms of flexibility. The tool allows our organization to shape how we govern and enforce by having a multitude of options of how we can design within the tool. It allows us to be creative in how we tackle challenges and also avoid unnecessary process bloat that we have experiences with other tools. Being able to keep our operating processes as lean as possible using Salesforce is critical to staying effective.

Cons

Out of the box, I found Salesforce to be a powerful tool but I would admit to feeling growing pains throughout the organization as we gained adoption and tried to expand how we used the tool. If you speak to an industry peer with several years of Salesforce usage under their belt, you will most likely be given a glowing review. Years 1-2 with Salesforce have been at sometimes challenging as we try to balance our current needs with where we want the tool to go in the future.

Great CRM software for keeping customer records and projects related to your customers in one...

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

This system allowed the company to streamline its customer-related processes.

Pros

We used this software primarily for keeping track of the projects we're working on for our customers. Searching for a customer is easy, then once you have the customer record open, you can filter further to drill down to find specific tasks and projects. If you're assigned to a customer, you can keep the customer on your watch list so that you get informed about any updates to the record. You can also write/design your own reports to suit your needs. You can even customize pages for yourself alone - other users can have their own views. It integrates sales and marketing, customer service, and team management in one place - no need for separate apps to perform all these functions. There's also an app exchange where apps can be bought for extending and customizing the platform, if required.

Cons

Given the fact that is a total platform applicable to everyone in the company, it might take sometime getting used to. The large number of functions that it supports made it more difficult to learn. However, once you get the hang of it, the ease with which it is able to handle previously difficult tasks made the initial learning curve more than worthwhile.

Cami K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A standard in the sales software

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Overall I do like this product. It has it's own SQL language called SOQL that I could live without, but overall the amount of customizing allowed on it is great. I like this because it takes an opportunity or quote and makes everyone accountable for their work with journal entries that really helps our organization. Accountability is always a great tool when working with multiple states.

Pros

The related lists and hover over hotlinks to those list make this software really slick. The option to not need to always select Ctrl+f when looking for a specific item on a data heavy page is really nice. I also like the built in ability of logging in as a user to verify the functionality of the product. This is exceptionally helpful as support tester.

Cons

Although this software is very customizable to our organization we are limited in id's. When someone logs into a website with their email and they are unaware that the site uses salesforce they are automatically a created user without their knowledge. Now when our organization goes to add them as a user we are told there is a duplicate and cannot create that user because unbenounced to them salesforce for another website used their information already and now we have to change it. Databases should be per company, not everyone in the world sharing in just a global one.

Becky R.

Salesforce can be customized to fit the organization.

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

I personally do not get any benefit from the software as I am a micro business and the cost puts it well out of my reach. I set up, customize and administer Salesforce instances for other companies. I can see how larger companies benefit from Salesforce through the customization options and large extension marketplace available. You can make Salesforce fit you or your team vs trying to make your team fit into the CRM.

Pros

Almost everything can be customized to fit the way you or your team or teams work. Other CRM's force you to change your work habits to fit into their system. Salesforce lets you create many different types of fields and record types and layouts allowing you to customize right down the every member on every team if needed.

Cons

First the price. It's far too expensive for freelance users and micro businesses. There should be a monthly subscription option for single users or very small teams of 1-3 then on top of the price many of the things that should be available out of the box must be handed with paid extensions adding to the cost. Something as simple as being able to use a start and end date (common to advertisers and those who sells subscriptions) to automatically divide revenue using default line item schedules needs to be handled with a subscription to an extension.