Post Planner

You'll look like a social media genius

3.6 /5 (103 reviews) Write a Review!
3.6
3.5
3.7
3.9
3.4
Sha' C.
Industry: Management Consulting

Just what I needed to save time

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

There aren't many social media schedulers out there that allow you to schedule recurring posts into the foreseeable future. Daily themes on social media are popular, but with most schedulers you have to reschedule a theme for a particular day of the week EVERY week. With Post Planner, I set it and forget it.

Cons

It gets glitchy when they are updating it BUT it is totally worth it for what the new feature ends up being AND you always get an email when you post has failed so you can just go manually fix it.

Gerhild F.
Industry: Online Media

Great Facebook Scheduler

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

The time saved using the recycle feature is huge. If this were the only feature they had, I'd still use PP. But, there are more features that are great as well. Support is also great.

Pros

I'm so glad we found PostPlanner years ago. It's been the easiest and least complicated software for scheduling I've found. I highly recommend PP to anyone just starting out on their Social Media scheduling journey. And, if you're a pro, it'll be all you need as well.

Cons

The login being just through Facebook is the one thing I find that could be changed. I'd prefer to sign in through my email address.

Jerry S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

JUST. STAY. AWAY.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 20/09/2018

As I said, any positives that Post Planner may have brought to our businesses were outweighed by their lack of transparency when it comes to billing, and their absolute disregard for their customers. We ended up tied down to a platform that we now hated using for another 16 months after our last payment was taken.
If you're looking for a social media scheduling platform, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, unless you enjoy giving your money away and being treated like cr*p by customer support.

Pros

We started using Post Planner in 2015 to accelerate my wife's online business and social media reach. Their scheduling features are good. I used it for my own FB and Instagram channels as well, and the ability to quickly find content does add some value to the platform... but their shady billing practices outweigh any positives I can think of.

Cons

It wasn't the app itself that was the issue, but after we had signed up for it, Post Planner did a few changes to their pricing structure that weren't communicated very clearly. We ended up on an annual plan (no complaints there) more expensive than what we'd originally signed up for (some complaints here), and then realized that we had been charged for another year of use, 4 months PRIOR to the plan running out, with no option to cancel or get a refund. Numerous emails to customer support returned the same response that many other users report: "It's in our terms and conditions, so you're s**t out of luck." Not quoted verbatim, but the overall message was very clear - Post Planner prefers to hold on to customers' money than to the customers themselves.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kathlene C.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: Self Employed

Where have you been all my life?

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/12/2020

I'm thrilled! Creating content streams is now my favorite time of my busy work day.

Pros

The content creation feature is brilliant, I can't believe this exists. Saves hours of research. And the entire process is super-easy to follow. Post Planner sets a new standard in social media planning and scheduling.

Cons

Can't wait until they include Instagram.

Josh S.

Works very well!

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Post Planner is a great app for keeping myself on task and making sure that my content gets scheduled as needed. Not only is the scheduling awesome, but it's also great to be able to find content right on the app so I can use that content for my pages. I've been using post planner for the better part of this year and I can say that it's been one of the best decisions I made, especially since I'm able to spend just a couple hours and have a months worth of content scheduled on multiple locations at once!

Pros

- Easy to get set up
- Easy to search for content
- Has the ability to set up categories to go back and search the content that was found previously
- Scheduling system is fantastic
- Works great with groups and pages

Cons

- Can be a little bit to get used to in terms of the UI, but is not a crazy learning curve
- Doesn't work for Facebook profiles, but that's a Facebook problem, not an app problem.

Industry: Media Production

My experience with Post Planner

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

It is quite easy to use and staright forward no much technical background to understand it.

Cons

I cant really say there is something did not like about post planner, i will recommned it any day.

Michelle C.

Buyer Beware. Untrustworthy. Policy of charging three months in advance with no refund is just not good business.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 08/11/2016

A company worth its salt would not have to employ a policy of charging for their service three months in advance of the renewal date with no email notice and NO possibility of a refund. Oh - but that's in their terms around the 1300 word mark so read carefully and buyer beware! This company is a great example of how unethical companies take advantage of consumers.

I manage several social media accounts and purchased a membership for $60 in Feb 2016 because their advertising promised that I could generate more posts for my clients with increased engagement in a shorter amount of time.

During my first trial, I was not very impressed with the quality of the posts but was not ready to totally give up. Months later I got a chance to go back to it. I really put a lot of time and effort this time into pouring through post, article, and other suggestions to find something of value that wasn't just "fluff." Many of the posts and article suggestions were too generic or not appropriate for use with business social media accounts. I could only use about one of every 15-20 posts I had to look at. When I tried to save custom searches, they ended up mostly producing ZERO suggestions with any stars (more stars indicate higher levels of predicted engagement). I have clients in several different industries, so it is quite odd that nothing popular could be found for any of my custom searches. It was all - "have a great day" puppies, and "you can do it" cats. Anything that wasn't along those lines would not ever have any stars. Now I know there is popular content for the industries I serve since I work in social media every day.

I did end up posting some of these silly "fluff" posts because PostPlanner promises that your engagement will go up. Not only did I get less engagement from their posts, I got my first spam complaint on facebook :(

I decided that I had burned through way too much time with this program and I had a few more months until it expired so I set a reminder to give it one more shot before I canceled.

Lo and behold, in November 2016, I was charged $93.37 by PostPlanner. I was taken by surprise. "This must be a mistake," I thought. I was in no way prepared or willing to pay anything for this silly service let alone almost $100! I do a lot of commerce over the internet and am even a web hosting vendor myself. So I think, "No Problem." I figured I would just tell them I didn't intend to purchase the service renewal and request a refund. SURELY, that would not be a big deal since THERE IS NO MONEY OUT OF THEIR POCKET and since it goes through PayPal, it would literally take seconds to log in to PayPal and click the "Refund" button (as I know from personal experience with my business). But I was denied stating that their plan renews anytime within 90 days before your due date and it is NON-REFUNDABLE once it goes through. After a few emails back and forth (which were obviously boilerplate because I see the same responses on this site), the last correspondence is (and I quote):

"Hi Michelle-
I'm very sorry you are unhappy. Our policies are very clear in our terms.
Regards,
Leeann"

Yes - it IS stated in their policy. This policy is accessible from a link at the bottom of their website and start at about word 1200. Some will argue that it is my fault and I did not read the 73 paragraphs consisting of over 5600 words outlining all of the terms in the middle of my work day when I was trying to increase my productivity. And they would be correct.

But I am also a business owner and a very active online consumer. I believe that we should be able to have just a little tiny bit of trust when we make a purchase. When a company puts some very non-standard early billing terms in their agreement that have no reason or justification and just plain don't make sense, it seems like it is only a sorry tactic to increase their revenue. I have in the past refunded fees charged for something (that did not cost me anything) if there was a misunderstanding. Even if it was clear in my terms. This is so rigid and outside of my business experiences over the last 15 years. Personally, I go above and beyond to make sure my customers understand their billing! If I had to charge three months in advance for something, you better believe I would send an email or something. Just so I wouldn't have to deal with all of these bad reviews if for nothing else!

This is just bad business and very unethical to me. I have never in my life heard of charging someone so far in advance for a virtual service and then refusing refunds! This is why I am writing this. This is so obviously an attempt to rip people off.

Pros

There are no pros. The quality of the service is low, my engagement did not go up, I received my first spam complaint in over 5 years of working with social media for business.

Cons

Product usefulness is low, the cost is high, billing policy is unnecessarily unfair at best and unethical at worst.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Anil J.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

There are some good things about Post Planner, but still not the best one to use.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Pros

It is an application for planning what content should be posted on your social media. It enriches you with new ideas. All patterns of relevant data are analyzed and a prompt input is provided. It helps to narrow down the content that will be the most relatable for your target audience. You can plan when to release which post. The timing and frequency of posts on social media play a huge role in determining the traffic that your website or forum accumulates. The application provides an interface for adequate planning so that you can post your data at the best time.

Cons

The worst thing about this product is the negligence of customer support people. They never seem to be available. They sent me a bill every month asking to renew and I never wanted to buy their product after using it for one month as I found another better product.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Retail

Post Planner is limited

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Overall experience was just okay. I was hoping Post Planner had more good content, but it was limited which made it very frustrating. It also does not support the big social media platforms that I want to use. If you want to keep it simple, then Post Planner is for you.

Pros

What I did like about Post Planner was its very easy to use. When you do find content even if it is limited, planning, scheduling and posting was a breeze. You can schedule to release anytime and you can put as many as you like in the queue if you can find something good to post. Options are simply therefore you don’t have to figure out how to use it.

Cons

We’ve been using Post Planner for about 12 months. The software is really simply to use. Features are limited. The articles are not updated, articles are very old. Post Planner also does not support many social media formats. You are allowed to link to 10 or more social media formats except it’s only compatible with two of the top 10 sites. Post Planner did not meet the requirements I was hoping for.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Shannon C.

Easy tool for planning Facebook and Twitter posts

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Great product for posting on Facebook and Twitter. It shaved a lot of time off of managing social media profiles.

Pros

Post Planner was one of the first schedulers I used for posting to Facebook. It was so simple to use. It was easy to find relevant posts based on categories and then schedule them based on Post Planners recommended times or your own Facebook insights. I used it for my personal/business pages and my client's business pages. Set up was quick and their tutorials and blog are excellent resources for growing your pages.

Carolyn R.

Great Feature Set For Bargain Price

Reviewed on 03/06/2017

Pros

It seems like most reviews are from people who had issues after cancelling their subscriptions. As a current user, I have no experience or feedback to offer regarding that. What I love about Post Planner is the ability to schedule my Facebook, Facebook Groups, and Twitter posts so that only certain types of content go out at certain times AND the posts are then added back to the end of the queue (if you set them to). The only other tool I've seen that does this comes in at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher price point (albeit with more features, but Post Planner is a great option for those of us on a budget!). I also love that I can save my favorite Facebook pages and easily share their content by adding it to my queue directly through Post Planner (doing this manually is a pain, having it within Post Planner is amazing). Maybe they suck when it comes to billing and cancellations, but as far as the actual app goes, I'm very happy with it!

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve when it comes to setting up your schedule and maintaining your queue. It's not HARD, per se, but little things get changed easily without realizing it, so you have to know what to be on the lookout for.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very great app for finding and scheduling content

Reviewed on 03/03/2019

Very positive​. I use it every day for posting on Twitter (and sometimes Facebook).

Pros

- It's an all-in-one app. There's no need to go elsewhere to find great content. You can find it within the app and then schedule it with just a few clicks also within the app.
- There are a few options on how to schedule content. You can create a schedule and just drop the content into the queue, or you can schedule the content to publish at a certain​ time, with​ the option to have it repeat.
- The "recycle" feature​, which can add your content back to the end of the queue once it's been published.

Cons

- Posting is limited to Facebook and Twitter
- The content search feature is limited and doesn't allow users to search for content that doesn't have the search keyword in the title

Lisa T.

A Must Have Tool for Facebook....

Reviewed on 03/06/2017

Pros

Successful marketing on social media involves building a highly engaged audience before you can sell to them. I LOVE Post planner and it's a must if you are doing any marketing on Facebook. I use it for my diabetic fan page. Not only can I schedule a week's worth of content, I can recycle my most popular posts, and find content from authority sites to share on my page as well. It's worth the investment. Post Planner also offers some incredible advice, training, and study guides on their blog to help you build a highly engaged audience with speed, pleasure, and ease. Post Planner is the first tool I recommend that my clients use.

Cons

One thing I would like to see Post Planner add are more social media channels such as Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn.

Andy M.
Industry: Computer Software

The fastest way to schedule your social media posts

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Pros

-Create a full schedule once and never enter a time for your posts anymore !!! (instead of planning each post)
-Recycle + reschedule feature
-Integration with snip.ly
-Content Suggestions
-Bulk uploads
-Price
-Customer Support (had a problem once which was solved within ten minutes after submitting a ticket)

Cons

-Some of the feature of more complex (and significantly more expensive and often more cumbersome) solutions are missing. You can't monitor all your feeds, mentions, and social media accounts from a dashboard. But again, Postplanner is a really way faster than other solutions. You can always integrate another prouct on top just for the purpose of streaming feeds and monitor performance.

Dean R.

The content folders are a lifesaver

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Pros

The content folders are an absolute lifesaver. I've consolidated all content into one location instead of spending hours and hours a week running from tools like Hootsuite to Feedly to even an Excel spreadsheet. This saves time by letting me consolidate and organize, then it scores all of the content so I can easily choose the top performing content and schedule it for posting. The star ratings take any questioning out of the posting process. I know exactly what's worked and in a matter of moments can schedule to social.

Cons

I haven't been able to find much real estate related content. Would help to add additional feeds or pages that National brands can use.

Diane B.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Simple, powerful, my go-to app!

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Pros

I've used Post Planner for the last 2 years and couldn't be happier. It's easy to add team members, and allows us to drop years of blog content into our queue at times perfect for our audience. This has simplified everything about our process. And the Canva integration makes image creation a dream!

Cons

It would be great if you could add more Facebook Pages for the mortgage and real estate industry to Find. It's been difficult finding anything we don't already share.

Jon R.

It's an effective tool for its purpose.

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Pros

It offers trending topics and posts for you to place on social media. You don't have to go surfing for it. It's readily available for you in one place. Time is money, how true!

Cons

I don't like that some of the trending material is not rated G. I think there should be a filter somehow within the program, to better please users from every perspective. In fairness, Post Planner is just reporting what's trending but not everyone wants to see all of it. It's not over the top material but not wanted by all either. For example, there could just be a rated G section within the program.

So many better options - with better service and pricing

Reviewed on 16/05/2016

We used Post Planner after a recommendation from Kim Garst (who we later learned has vested interest in PP). After 14 months of wasting our time "accepting" the poor performance and useless helpdesk guy (thanks for nothing Scott), we decided to move our account to an alternative that has now worked flawlessly.

From our experience, Post Planner are dodgy and with so many useful alternatives, can not in good faith send even my worst enemy to their "service".

Pros

- Easy to add account - but it doesn't mean they will be used correctly.
- They are great at ripping people off... not a Pro for the consumer, but a pro for them perhaps.

Cons

From posts never going out on time - or at all, through to being upgraded without permission to plans costing 3x my signup cost.

Response from Post Planner, Inc.

Hey Andrew..

Sorry you had a bad experience with the app or confusion about the annual plans renewing per the Terms of Service agreed upon during signup.

As mentioned in my replies our annual plans do renew within 90 days of the 12 month anniversary to avoid any lapses due to credit card billing. And at a prorated amount. You were never charged for an upgrade that you didn't agree to, and in fact we gave you the next level plan at no additional cost, saving you about $300.

Sorry if that caused any confusion.

I looked over all the conversations from you over the year or so you were with us and there was never any indication from you about having problems with the app. If you did have any we would certainly address immediately as we take support requests very seriously and on average reply in less than 15 minutes to inquiries.

Yes Kim is a great lady and no she does not have a vested interest in Post Planner. We just have mutual respect for one another.

We're working hard over the next 5 months to completely revamp how we find and show users content, adding more social sites to post to as well as a true mobile app, browser extensions, etc.

Hopefully you'll come back and give things a try.

Sincerely,
Scott Ayres

Elizabeth R.
Industry: Retail

Post Planner is limited

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

The overall experience was just okay. I was hoping Post Planner had more good content, but it was limited which made it very frustrating. It also does not support the big social media platforms that I want to use. If you want to keep it simple, then Post Planner is for you.

Pros

Cons

What I did like about Post Planner was it is very easy to use. When you do find content even if it is limited, planning, scheduling and posting was a breeze. You can schedule to release anytime and you can put as many as you like in the queue if you can find something good to post. Options are simply, therefore, you don’t have to figure out how to use it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Don't bother

Reviewed on 08/03/2016

Post planner promises a lot but delivers very little in practice. The images/quotes they suggest you share deliver limited reach and results. You will do better simply searching for images on Pinterest with high repins and using that as a base. If you have your RSS feeds managed through an external program like Feedly and use a program like Buffer or Hootsuite, then PostPlanner will not be of any use.

Pros

* Easy to set up.
* Their blog has some useful tips.

Cons

Trying to cancel your account is like trying to get out of a cult. Read the teeny tiny fine print hidden on page 5003 of the site terms. Unless you give 60 days notice of cancellation, they will merrily auto bill you without any notification that you have been stung. If you dare to request a refund, you will be bombed with "let me show you how to use it better" emails and a refusal of a refund. If you must test PostPlanner out for your business, choose a month-to-month account as you have a fighting chance of cancelling when it doesn't work.

Response from Post Planner, Inc.

Thanks for the review and feedback, although I wish it were a bit more positive...

Our goal is to provide users with proven content that has performed very well on social media so they can quickly Find, Plan and Post it to Facebook or Twitter.

Chasing Reach on Facebook is like trying to catch the wind. It's tough and takes alot of time, energy and work. Our goal is to help make that easier with the proven content so you don't have to spend hours searching around the web and making a guess at what may or may not perform.

It doesn't always work for every page as there are many factors involved regarding Reach, as you know.

We offer a 100% money back guarantee, which is clearly posted on our site and we adhere to that religiously (not quite like a cult as there's no kool-aid to drink!). If you canceled within those guidelines and we messed up please reach out to us so we can fix it. The annual plan renewal process is also clearly stated on our site and is agreed up on as well unless cancelled before the renewal occurs.

Again if we missed something please let us know.

We value and respect all feedback.

Thanks.

Jess R.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Great strategic tool for increasing engagement on social media platforms

Reviewed on 10/06/2017

The ability to get highly engaged posts from social media platforms and reuse them. Easy recycling and scheduling features cut down on time spent planning posts each week.

Pros

The ability to source highly engaged posts in the form of photos, articles and statuses by topic really adds to a business' overall strategy to get their audience engaged so that it helps your reach when it really matters - when you have a promotional post that you want your audience to engage with.

Cons

Set up is a little clunky and difficult - as you have to source your own material from hashtags, URLs or own content first. But once it's set it it's relatively easy to have this rated by the software

Myca A.
Industry: Philanthropy

Pretty Basic Post Planning Tool

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 05/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you're trying to start up a new social network profile, it may be a good way to quickly get content flowing. However, original content is often best -- even if you have to recycle some of your own work to keep content flowing.

Pros

The concept is good: you select a few topics and it magically plans posts to help drive social media engagement. Unfortunately, Facebook and Twitter are pretty savvy, and seem to be able to tell when these "viral" posts show up on your account and drop the number of people receiving your information. Some people have success, but mostly it defeats the purpose of original content.

Cons

You should really expect to get what you pay for. Savvy followers will realize that they're getting recycled images that they've seen before . . . probably.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Heather T.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Hasn’t kept up with technology

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Post Planner served us well for a couple years. The original system had quick support and it seemed to be just a couple people running things. After a while it became hard to even find non automated support. Things started not working as well and the software did not keep up with the ever changing social landscape. We finally made a change to another company which was a little more cost effective and far more robust.

Pros

The time saving of social media posting.

Cons

You couldn’t carry over feeds from one user to another so we would have to recreate. Feeds that used to work for our industry seemed to diminish over time. Would like to see content based posts be included.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Russ S.

Buyer Beware!

Reviewed on 01/04/2016

Very basic product that lacks the functionality or ease of use of other products on the market. Worse of all, once they have your credit card they make it very difficult to cancel. The automated cancellation process does not work and even though I cancelled by email they still debited my card a year later and refused to refund. Beware of this lot!

Cons

Lack integrity, poor support, unable to cancel online.

Response from Post Planner, Inc.

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. That would never be our intention. I appreciate your feedback, as criticism or any other feedback always offers the opportunity for improvement.

I want to address each of your points as they’re all extremely important.

1. Very basic product that lacks the functionality or ease of use of other products on the market. -

We work hard to bring the best product to the market. While you might feel we’ve failed in certain areas (and no - we don’t aspire to be everything to everybody), we do 3 things extremely well. We help you Find, Plan and Post your content for maximum reach and engagement.

2. Worse of all, once they have your credit card they make it very difficult to cancel. -

Our goal is to turn every customer into a raving fan. That does not mean we gather your credit card information and hoard it. While we’d love to retain you as a customer, we understand that sometimes our product and your needs just aren’t the best fit.

3. The automated cancellation process does not work and even though I cancelled by email they still debited my card a year later and refused to refund. Beware of this lot! -

Our 100% money back guarantee is clearly posted on the site and abided by within customer support. If there was a situation where you fell within that guarantee and we did not honor it, my apologies. Please reach out and we’ll rectify this immediately. But, if you had signed up for an annual plan, you would know through our Terms of Service that you are therefore enrolled in automatic billing for all prospective years until a formal cancellation is submitted.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Industry: Publishing

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 18/08/2017

Pros

This simple app has helped our business grow. The search provides us with interesting, relevant new content each day so that we post more, and more widely, with more likes and retweets. The ease of the app has increased both the range and size of our share audience, bringing attention and new people to our company. If, like us, you have a media product that you need to keep in front of people, this clean, easy-to-use app will help you a lot.

Cons

Presently, the app is limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Instagram access would be nice addition.