Insightly Reviews

Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love.

4.0/5
3.9/5
4.0/5
3.8/5

Mathew
Mathew
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Insightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.

Pros

Insightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.

Cons

From the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

Response from Insightly

Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team.

I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.

Natalie

Insightly - We're Back Again

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

We love Insightly and have solved the major issue of project management as well as integration with Quickbooks so we can have a high level overview of each project, opportunity, and where we are with the quickbooks billing. It saves us a lot of time and removes a lot of human error in our processes as well.

Pros

The ease of tracking multiple types of projects and stages of the project and the visibility of each project's status. We tried Hubspot for two years and came back with Insightly as it was so much better to use.

Cons

The marketing function, and the products, pricebooks, and quotes could use some additional features compared to their competition. They aren't as easy to use and can be clunky at times.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

We had been with Insightly for three years, then switched to husbpot before all the new marketing features were released in Insightly. After the person left who had us make the switch to Hubspot, we went back to Insightly and questioned why we ever left.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was easier to use, we knew how it worked and our team who is not as technologically advanced was able to pick up and use the system very easily with limited training.
Dave
Dave
  • Industry: Entertainment

HORRIBLE experience with Insightly.

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

We've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.

Pros

* CRM and project management together in the same application

* Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc

* User-friendly interface

Cons

Far too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as:

* Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them.

* Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out?

* There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar.

* Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional.

* SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long?

* They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?

Carolyn
Carolyn
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

intuitive and easy to use

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

easy to customise pipeline, good online information support

Cons

unable to customise reports to the extent we need

Trello, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

hunting for a product that could automate our reports

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

price was very competitive initially
Amanda
  • Industry: Human Resources

Used insigntly before HubSpot

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Used it daily to manage customers and projects. Didn’t have enough features so we switched to hubspot

Pros

It was an ok product to use before we switched to HubSpot. Helped to manage customers, and projects.

Cons

Couldn’t do as much as Hubspot, though the price is very low

Austin
Austin

Constantly Evolving CRM

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

My company switched from Salesforce to Insightly due to Salesforce's high-pressured sales people and lack of being customer-focused. Insightly is a lot better at this and really tries to develop a connection with their clients. For the most part, Insightly has most of what you would expect out of a CRM. As a developer though, I often get ask to add functionality into Insightly and a lot of times there are things that simply can't be done due to system limitations.

Pros

What I like most about Insightly is its simplicity. It's rather easy to get up and going with it. It's also easy to train new users on the system.

Cons

I find that Insightly hasn't fully developed their developer-centric features. I do have to say though that they are always working on improving in this area, but coming from a Salesforce background I find that there is quite a bit lacking. In Insightly's defense, they simply haven't been around long enough or had enough time to build up to the technical capabilities that something like Salesforce has.

Wil

Good software that does the job well.

Reviewed on 26/08/2023

It was the first CRM I used and I had a good experience using it.

It was the first CRM I used and I had a good experience using it.

Pros

I liked how easier I could manage contacts and tag them for a variety of purposes. This was my main reason to use the software.

Cons

As a solopreneur, I did not like that a lot of the features available didn't seem designed for me and I felt like I was paying for features I did not need.

Anil

Creative Alliance Review

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Our daily task scheduling, contact database management and tracking our sales have been simplified by Insightly so thank you to the makers of this software.

Pros

Insightly has given us an ability to keep track of all our sales and all our clients' contact details so that we can contact anyone promptly. It is one of the bets CRM softwares and it is free for limited users and we don't need more users in our company so this software has become very useful to us.

Cons

There is not much cons but just one that we have found. Email integration could be improved. Other than that it is fine.

Sujata
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A very useful software

Reviewed on 09/09/2023

It seems like a very useful software for small companies like us and it does a great and useful job of contact database management, which we are in need of. Will be getting the full version soon so we will know more about it in detail,

Pros

In the free trial version, I am liking the contact database structure of the software and ability to manage them in a simplified way. Clients can be contacted directly and vice versa for any sales feedbacks or any product issues. It is a very good CRM software.

Cons

So far there are no any cons. However, we will know more after we get the full version of the software.

Hemal

Easy to use and perfect CRM!

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Pros

Insightly CRM is perfect for managing client interactions and streamlining our corporate processes. Integrating apps is very easy. I have connected multiple apps, such as QuickBooks Online, Google Drive, Twilio, Slack, and many more.

Cons

A bit expensive, but the features and support are awesome.

Jaysen
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great easy to use CRM

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Overall the company is very responsive to suggestions and fast with technical support. The price is better than some other larger CRM platforms out there. For a small to medium sized organization this enables you to focus on your business and not on tons of technical resources to support.

Pros

Unlike some CRM platforms that require robust training or certifications to customize to meet your business needs, Insightly is very easy to use platform. Implementation is a breeze with customer success managers who dive in to help understand your business and how the platform can be leveraged.

Cons

They are a great company to work with for your CRM and business needs.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The price. Ease of implementation. The Insightly team was always able to help with any questions. Setup and Billing is very easy.
James

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

Aaron

OMG!!!

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software!
Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER!
Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

Amber
  • Industry: Utilities

Insightly>Not just a CRM Tool but a Partnership

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

The Insightly team are some of my favorite people. They are always willing to help and assist with the company objectives we are working on. In my opinion, customer service and support are key in any partnership and Insightly makes us feel valued and like we are partners. My experience with the tool and Insightly is absolutely a positive one!

Pros

First, the simplicity of Insightly has been key in internal adoption of the tool for the company. Insightly is my go to tool for keeping my day planned with tasks. Secondly, the customization Insightly allows with the custom objects has really allowed a level of visibility within the company that we simply did not have prior to partnering with them. This tool is quickly becoming a key focus for the organization as it allows for the operational team to automate key operational processes which in turn increases quality, decreases risk, and decreases labor costs.

Cons

Expanding the automated workflow options would be of great value to organizations. Additionally, the limitation on page layout rules can be challenging. Making this unlimited would be a preference for the organization.

Clayton

Google Sync Does Not Work

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not.

You can also not export / import events records.

We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

Cons

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data.
Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Insightly

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync:

Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to [email protected] and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team.

If you feel that our pricing is too expensive, feel free to use our free account - there's never a better price than free!

Insightly - Punching above its weight

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros

We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons

Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

Marek
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Insightly Review

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Overall, my experience with Insightly was positive. The platform provided a robust CRM solution that helped me streamline my customer relationship management processes. The user-friendly interface and comprehensive features allowed me to effectively manage contacts, track communication, and collaborate with my team. The reporting and analytics capabilities provided valuable insights into my business performance. Although there were limitations in customization options and room for improvement in customer support, my overall experience with Insightly was satisfactory. It contributed to improving my efficiency in managing customer relationships and driving business growth.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Insightly was its comprehensive CRM functionality. The platform provided a user-friendly interface that made it easy to manage and track customer relationships. The contact management features allowed me to store and organize all relevant customer information in one place. I also appreciated the seamless integration with email, allowing me to track and log communications with clients. The task and project management capabilities were robust, helping me stay organized and collaborate effectively with my team. Additionally, the reporting and analytics tools provided valuable insights into my sales pipeline and overall business performance.

Cons

While Insightly had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited customization options. I found that certain aspects of the platform, such as the dashboard and report customization, were somewhat restricted. It would have been beneficial to have more flexibility in tailoring the system to fit specific business needs. Additionally, the customer support could be improved. There were instances where I encountered technical issues or had questions, and the response time and resolution process could have been more efficient.

Erica

Great for Small Companies

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Pros

The Insightly platform is user friendly and easy to access at an affordable price. It is a great tool for sales forecasting, sales management, and as a CRM. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a useful, customizable tool that is good to manage a small company.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about insightly. It does exactly what we need it to.

Salesforce Platform

Price
Lynda

Move along, nothing to see here

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

I wish we had tested Insightly much more strenuously before proceeding with purchase of this software. I guess we just didn't know what we didn't know, and so when the linking issue (or non-linking issue) because glaringly apparent, we had already finished the trial period. We just (wrongly) assumed that a feature so integral to an effective customer relationship package would work!

Pros

It has been convenient for our company's internal tracking of sales rep opportunity closes/losses. Also the reports are nicely customizable, so calculating commissions due is simplified for our small business.

Cons

The complete absence of functional linking between emails, organizations, and individuals renders this "Contact Relationship" software a total bust. Technical support has know about the issue for well over a year, but it's not really a "priority" to them. They make lots of ineffectual suggestions, tossing the issue back in the lap of the end-user, but none of the "fixes" actually work. You must link all emails, manually, to each contact, organization, and opportunity, if you want to be assured of a linking relationship.

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.

Pros

The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click.
Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Cons

It is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses.
I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

Response from Insightly

Thank you for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit.

Thank you!

The Insightly Team

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Wasn't right for our org, could be right for you.

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Overall, the system is good for a smaller organization that is not putting large stresses on their CRM. We ultimately outgrew Insightly in many ways, and often overwhelmed the system with our integrations. Developing tools and processes internally to accommodate for this was less desirable than just moving to a new product.
Definitely worth considering for a smaller organization or one that fits neatly into Insightly's wheel house.

Pros

Insightly was highly customizable and for the price a very capable tool. Flexibility in terms of object and workflow customization. Very easy to connect to third party or self-developed integrations via API.
Loved being able to email to any specific record

Cons

API changes caused fatal errors in several of our integrations over the course of our time with Insightly.
User interface was never the prettiest

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Support SUCKS

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

NEVER have I been satisfied and it is the clunkiest, most user-unfriendly, counter-intuitive POS I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Cloud-based - I liked the ability to use on my handheld.

Cons

So.Many.Bugs. For example, I just added another user. They billed me immediately with absolutely no explanation of review of costs or anything (it would be nice to have a "Proceed" button. They are absolute jerks. And then, I try to add that used and NOWHERE to be found is "System Setting: to add a new user. Help gave me the answer but it doesn't exist in the actual program. Its a nightmare. Tried twice to ask for support via their email support system - NADA. Called, and got "please use email" and then got hung up on. Needless to say, we're looking.

Megan
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Clean and straight forward data

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Insightly has done an exceptional job of creating a welcoming culture by hosting informative webinars. The Insightly team is informed and helpful, and most importantly professional with their delivery.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of workflow and clean data organization and presentation.

Cons

Limited when tailoring list views per user.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Robust features - except reporting

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.

Pros

I really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.

Cons

I get frustrated with the poor report features and when I want to download and manipulate in Excel, I get all the tags in one field, so essentially I can view the tag list nicely online but I can't export that (for example to send an email to the group). I'm also frustrated with the limitations on standard contact information. I work with business people and while I start with employment contact, getting personal contact signifies a much deeper relationship. Not having standard personal contact info spots is troublesome.

Rachel
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Pretty Good Product

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

My overall experience is really good. When I am working with AppConnect, I feel I get limited support on what issues I am encountering.

Pros

I like that Insightly is improving. In the time that I have used the product we are able to use Workato to compare dates, being able to search the workflows, and be able to see the field history (pull reports based on this).

Cons

I don't like that reports are not able to update in real time anymore. I also do not like that we cannot identify which workflow is updating a certain field (this would help when an incorrect field is marked, being able to easily track the issue).