Constant Contact Reviews

4.3/5
4.2/5

Michael
Michael

Constant Contact is really fabulous for email marketing--we use it for all our opted in...

Reviewed on 29/10/2022

We set up a landing page with a form fill, ad traffic to the landing page. Constant contact handled email and responses for all of the opted in addresses, and kept the leads warm while we developed them. Excellent deliverability, easy to use, just a first class software.

Pros

I'm pretty familiar with email software, having used four different options extensively. Constant contact was the slickest interface, the most intuitive programming, and all of the features I wanted, without being too expensive or difficult to use.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about constant contact. If I had to find a thing I like least, it would be the confusion between campaigns and programming.

Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Constant improvements for Constant Contact!

Reviewed on 30/09/2022

Pricing might be competitive, but as a developer, it's not quite a nice experience integrating the email client. Specially when you are a developer trying to integrate it to your website. More in particular Elementor Pro integration. Hoping they already have reconciled this issue.

Pros

Just like any other email marketing tool, they can do the job. No complaints. Email creation for fast email campaign is a breeze. Templates are as well handfuls to choose from. Drag and drop features as well. And it seems that they have much more responsive email system compared to other clients.

Besides, you can use there service for user registration, A/B Testing and surveys.

Cons

First off, Constant Contact can do the job. No Problem. The problem comes when you deep dive into there system - technically taxing, not so user friendly interface, hard to implement branding etc...

Bugs, of course. When you drag a widget, it won't appear on the canvass. Exporting HTML version of the email is also a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Well, to try the difference. Found out, they do have there own thurns and thissles with them. Pros and cons.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We are MailChimp user. We have been disgruntled with MailChimp for some reasons. Until, we try Constant Contact for a change. Only to know both of them has discripancies with them. Can't choose one from the other.
Adam

Campaign & Content Management System

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Pros

Constant Contact allocates an extended range of features in one place. Web design, audience targeting, conversion tracking and automated publishing are among the features that I use on a daily basis.

Cons

Everything is automated and web design involves drag and drop functionality. I find zero downsides.

Dee

Great features but there are problems

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

Pros

I like that we can see if a person receives an email, if they open it, when and even on what device. That is AMAZING! Also, that it is intuitive to use.

Cons

Constant Contact REALLY needs to work on the auto save and saving in general. Sometimes even when I press the save button, nothing happens. It doesn't save, I will need to log in and out 2-3 times for the change to save. It is extremely frustrating when this happens. It is not all of the time but I believe it happens at least 2 times a week. When I have contacted someone about this they said it was due to maintenance but it happens again.

Jessica
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Cost effective and high quality

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Very positive! Customer service interactions have been minimal, but that's because we haven't had many issues.

Pros

The ease of use is the top reason we chose this software. We didn't want to run into something that was going to require extra time for training. Our interns are able to build high quality campaigns with very minimal instruction!

Cons

There are multiple individuals that are in our contact list that never receive our emails, even if they have saved our email address and whitelisted it.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Hard to use product, very expensive, unused features.

Bloomerang

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Pricing was a huge factor, and Constant Contact has a local rep AND a nonprofit discount!
Shawn
  • Industry: Design

Great Email Marketing Option

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

I do enjoy using Constant Contact. I love the large library of pre-designed email templates I can use and build off of when sending our Customers product emails.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of using the program features when building an email campaign.

Cons

I would like to get more emails from Constant Contact with tips and tricks about email designs.

Vicki
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Constant Contact

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Pros

What I like most about Constant Contact are the various templates as a good starting point. Additionally, I like the scheduling options for delivery.

Cons

I wish there were an easier way to convert the electronic version to pdf printable format. I have to go back and forth from the electronic version to make changes and switch to download to see if my spacing is correct for printed pages. It is time consuming and tedious.

Jacob

Best campaign management tool

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

Ease of use, excellent features and tools

Cons

No cons. Best product for managing a campaign

William

Difficulty using the software

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Overall unfortunately negative. The tool was well-built, easy to use, and effective when working, however we had continuous issues with their support team and required a lot of reaching out to continue to use.

Pros

When the software worked it was effective and easy to use, but we did have issues with being locked out of our account, which rendered the service useless and forcing us to cancel.

Cons

The account review triggers were too touchy, and then it would be a long, frustrating process with their support to get access back to the account which would interrupt sends and scheduling abilities.

Mike

A good email management system.

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

A really good program but the number of emails caught in spam is still disappointing.

Pros

This is a good product that makes it very easy to send mass marketing emails in a very attractive format. You can also track engagement to see which emails work best.

Cons

Ones at a relatively high cost and many emails get caught in people’s spam.

• Industry: Higher Education

Efficient but Limited

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Cons

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts
David

Clean, responsive design and intuitive list management

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Customer service has always been helpful, especially when trying to figure out why specific customers are not receiving messages.

There is strong automation capability, but we haven't utilized it to its potential.

Pros

Responsive design and ability to create multiple, clean, attractive templates with varying brand elements. Simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface. List management is user-friendly and customizable.

Cons

Formatting of text styles is clunky and time consuming. There is the ability to apply headline and body text styles to some elements, but it is not intuitive at all. Management of bounced/suspended email addresses is not intuitive or informative.

Mailchimp and Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features.

Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features. Low price. Ability to create and maintain multiple responsive templates.
Lyndsey

Best email marketing products for small businesses

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Constant Contact has been our team's favorite platform to use for email marketing. We are a small company, so we cannot speak for large businesses, but for us, it has been perfect to reach our 10,000+ person audience on a regular basis, as well as incorporate landing pages and gain more subscribers.

Pros

Constant Contact was our top choice for two reasons. 1. Emails are more customizable than other platforms. You can move elements side to side which you can not do on a handful of competitors' platforms. This was huge for us as the look and style of our email are extremely important. 2. Constant Contact offers the ability to create landing page sign-up forms. Total game changer and incredibly easy to create!

Cons

Frequently the platform slows or errors and the text editor covers the text box we are working on. To fix it, we have to refresh the page and likely lose our work.

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.
Feyisayo

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it.

2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too.

3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Sendinblue plan doesn't fit my budget, its too high compared to Constant Contact. Also, Sendinblue free plan is not encouraging. It says I can only send 300 emails per day.
David

Lots of unnecessary work to get reasonable results

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Nice emails that go out on schedule, with ability to see who is responding to what.
Its usefulness...

Its usefulness is severely limited by its awkward and painful interfaces.
Company responsiveness seems non-existent.

Pros

Link tracking, see immediate responses easily, some updates to email editor that have helped, look and feel of emails is good, importing and exporting contacts is fairly pain free.

Cons

Email editor shortcomings: no way to create reusable items to be used across emails; hard to get to html when editor features are insufficient or inaccurate.

Folder management and use: site does not remember when you work in a folder, always starts at the "All folders" level, forcing repeated navigation steps to continue working in the desired folder.

Contact management is awkward: working with large contact lists to clean up/reorganize is a nearly futile effort if contacts are part of multiple lists.
Even though emails can be scheduled in advance, Contact lists are attached to emails at the time of sending, no option to change this. So when sending a templated email with contact group dependent links and content, there must be a separate email/campaign created, plus a separate contact list to be used with it. Dead lists and emails are a quickly a mile deep if not regularly purged.

Reporting on results over multiple email campaigns appears to be non-existent.

Lack of responsiveness by vendor to problems. Feedback and problem reports get an autogenerated email. No other response is ever apparent.

Zoho CRM and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Franchisor support of templates.
Maria
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It streamlines marketing campaign management and data collection.

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

With Constant Contact, dealing with marketing campaigns has become a pleasure, as we have been able to cooperate in designing campaigns and publications and following them up. The data collected has also helped us create a realistic perception of the extent of our success in attracting customers.

Pros

Constant Contact provides many, many capabilities that enhance our ability to prepare and publish comprehensive and distinctive advertising campaigns. It is really great that all the settings are easy, as it does not require much effort, as there are ready-made easy-to-customize templates, and the contacts are easily set up. Constant Contact enables us with high efficiency to design the content of the advertisement as we wish, and drag and drop helps in that, and enables us to deal flexibly with all components and add images, texts and links with ease. Scheduling is also excellent, as we can easily organize publishing times on different platforms. It is also great that Constant Contact enables us to capture a lot of data that expresses the extent of customer response to advertising campaigns, and it is great that this data can be easily exported to different analysis platforms.

Cons

I haven't experienced any complications with Constant Contact, especially when dealing with email campaigns, and it's great that Constant Contact always provides us with newsletters with updates and lots of good ideas.

Neffer

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Increased customer base

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

We love to reward returning customers, we know there are a lot of choices in clothing and jewelry. We used constant contact to make sure all of our customers know about our rewards and have the opportunity to use them in store and online.
As a boutique it's important that we have items our customers are looking for but may not be able find in a mainstream store. We use the surveys to find out what styles our customers are most interested in, which also makes the customer feel valued and included. We discovered that out customers were looking for different styles than what we had originally anticipated.
The pricing makes all of this a bit irrelevant since I can purchase the same services for much less from another software company.

Pros

The amount of new customers we brought in was awesome, we kept in touch with past or current customers, meaning they're more likely to become repeat customers.
Email tracking and email automation, surveys (or polls), high deliverability rate, click tracking, insights, and ease of use are all pros. Customer service is very responsive.

Cons

Constant contact costs more and provides less for the price than most of the other email marketing software I've used. I'm absolutely fine with paying more to get more but it doesn't make sense to pay more to get less. Business 101...
Depending on who the recipient has their email address with, more or less of the emails from constant contact may to wind up in the promotions label vs primary.

Violeta
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good platform for email campaigns

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Pros

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact is easier to use.

Easier to use
Curt
Curt

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Reviewed on 25/11/2017

The email analytics and reports are great.

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The highs and lows of constant contact.

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

Pros

1)Easy to use: Constant Contact has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to create and send emails, even if they have little to no experience with email marketing.2)Customizable templates: Constant Contact offers a wide range of customizable templates that users can use to create professional-looking emails.3)Advanced features: Constant Contact offers advanced features such as A/B testing, segmentation, and automation, which can help users fine-tune their email campaigns and improve their results.4)Integration with social media: Constant Contact allows users to easily integrate their email campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier to reach a wider audience.5)Excellent customer support: Constant Contact has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, with a team of experts available to help users with any questions or issues they may have.

Cons

1)Expensive: Constant Contact can be more expensive than some other email marketing tools, especially for users with large email lists or those who need advanced features.2)Limited customization options: While Constant Contact allows users to customize their templates, the options for customization may be limited compared to other email marketing tools.3)No free plan: Constant Contact does not offer a free plan, which may be a drawback for users on a tight budget or those who are just starting out with email marketing.4)Lack of integrations: Constant Contact does not offer as many integrations with other tools and platforms as some other email marketing tools.5)Poor deliverability: Some users have reported issues with email deliverability with Constant Contact, which can be a major issue for any email marketing campaign.

Nathan
Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

Robust Email Marketing

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Oleksandr
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The analytics provided by Constant Contact provide the most satisfying feeling possible

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

It is important to note that we perform continuous analysis of customer requests through social networks, external platforms and social media. This is something you should be aware of. Constant Contact's Platform can generate the best possible reports for connection and robust constitution of the required elements. Through Constant Contact, we have engaged several different public content targets, and the results have been as expected. We expanded advertising options and became more effective content strategists as a result.

Pros

Constant Contact makes me happy, as I have improved the quality of all analytical procedures used in specialized marketing and ensured that they are always further developed. Everything is first class and of the highest quality, and I can complete a group marketing project with the help of their various tools. The service is quite good, and, with their use, I could integrate and customize the software without any problems. I evaluate data from social media accounts to corporate clients and various analytics management systems. There is no doubt that Constant Contact is an excellent opportunity for high-level advertising.

Cons

Constant Contact is an excellent product that has significantly impacted the creation of seamless marketing and numerous management systems.

Jessie
Jessie
  • Industry: Utilities

Great tool for our Cooperative

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

Pros

Email management is easy to add/remove addresses, whether that's by me or those signed up. I love the social media scheduler feature, I'm able to schedule posts to go to multiple platforms from one program.

Cons

I miss the calendar. There used to be a calendar that integrated into Outlook so I could see all of my scheduled campaigns. It developed a bug that it's not working in Outlook. It was nice that I didn't have to log in to see if I had anything scheduled for the day.

Katie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love Constant Contact!

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

Overall Constant Contact gives us the opportunity to manage our email and social media marketing in the best way for a small business. The additional features that they have added are just an added bonus to what we are already using the services for.

Pros

We love using the email marketing schedule and statistics. It gives us real feedback from our customers on what they like and click on, and what doesn't perform well with them. We also love the online booking feature that provides our clients the freedom to schedule on their own time, without the back and forth between us and the client. We are also a small business so social media management can be hard to do and Constant Contact lets us schedule out, which gives us more freedom to do our jobs.

Cons

Customer services needs improvement. Every time we have to call, we get people who are just reading off a script and not actually helping us with our issues.