Sage Accounting Reviews

Magdalene
Magdalene

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Pros

I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons

Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I have been a Sage Pastel user for over a decade. when I heard that there was a cloud-based system available that offered such powerful, yet simple to use features, I had to give it a try. I have not been disappointed.
Denise
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Accounts package for every business

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Having used several different accounts packages my experience with Sage has gone very well, the initial transition was a little tricky as with any package when switching across but once set up soon got to know way round the package, able to set up ledger names that we wished to use. Excellent customer support with very experienced advisors who offer second to none service when assisting with issues. I am happy with our Sage package and will continue to use most definitely.

Pros

Sage is very user friendly, great customer support always on hand to assist with any issues. Clear and concise ledgers and reports, can set up pretty much how the company wants opting for specific names ledgers. Saves time as Accountants can access the accounts to prepare end of year saving time. Good all round package especially for the smaller business.

Cons

To be honest there is not much not to like about Sage, some of the invoicing elements bit clunky for example if you need to change Clients name on a specific invoice no facility to do this at source rather than go back into Customer record, lot of columns look messy if a balance if not being out on each line. Would also be advantageous to prepare delivery notes prior to invoicing as in our business goods are often sent before invoicing especially for Clients on account. Found the Stripe a little complicated having to download CSV from Bank Account, however currently do not use this facility.

Gene
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Peachtree to Sage...A long history!

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

In the end, we sold the business and Sage was discontinued.

In the end, we sold the business and Sage was discontinued.

Pros

Sage was Peachtree Accounting software at the beginning. No internet available. Many startup accounting packages becoming available and we picked Peachtree on belief that it was a good starting company and would succeed. We used Peachtree and later Sage for some 20+ years.

Cons

Sage was a drop in service from Peachtree. Afterwards, it was always decreasing in support. Hard to discuss any topic or correct software problems. Lack of service and support.They were all about charging you for any conversation... insensitive till it got to the point of their interfering created more problems on their mission to boost revenue. We used the same package every year for stability!

Sandra

Sage accounting

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Love it, it’s helped me loads and so easy to use, need help sage are always there and helps every time,

Pros

Banking helps so much, reconcile is easy to do. Invoices help keep up to date on payments

Cons

Having to put all the customers in with all there details,

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Automotive

Cloud Accounting Package that is easy to use with limitations

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Overall for our purposes the software is easy to setup and use. I like the ability to access it anywhere and the ability to attach documents to transactions in the system. Modifying the chart of accounts was easy but the lack of customization on the layout of financial statements is frustrating.

Pros

We have used the software version of sage products such as Sage Business Works and Sage 50 so the product and company are familiar to us. The ability to login to the software from anywhere and to no longer have to have client/server environment is great. The software was easy to signup for and was relatively easy to implement.

Cons

There are 2 large cons to this software in comparison to it's direct competitors.
Con #1: The package has no ability to custom group GL accounts. So for example, if you have a section on your income statement for sales and you want to group sales by category and have a sub-total for that sales section you cannot do that. There is really no ability to edit the income statement layout or the balance sheet layout to add in sections and sub totals so you are stuck with the canned version of the software.

Con #2: In an environment where you have multiple small companies, you look after you cannot have one userid and password to access all the companies. You have to setup each company with it's own userid an password then invite another user via an email link to join.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

We made the switch as we wanted to get away from a client/server based software solution and wanted a cloud based solution.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Our thought was to stay with the same company thinking that the transition would be easier and we had been happy with their other product offerings in the past. The user interface also was easy to understand and utilize in comparison to quick books an xero accounting as we were already familiar with how Sage products work overall.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to set up and use. I loved that it easily integrated with our existing business. With internet access, the software is accessible from anywhere and is available on mobile devices. It makes bank reconciliation and invoicing easy.

Pros

Installation and implementation are easy. I like that the features are easy to use even for non-accounting persons. It enables real time sharing of files with clients and colleagues which saves on time and eliminates the need to direct email invoices. This makes debtor management easy and less costly. Accessibility from a mobile device is a huge plus when one is on the move. The software is also affordable and has a free trial. Sage has good customer support.

Cons

Since the software can only be accessed online, it is difficult to work with when internet speeds are slow or when there is no connection at all. Sometimes bank sync feed is slow and the handling of foreign currency bank transactions could do with some improvements.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Sage is user friendly even to persons with no book keeping knowledge while Quickbooks Online requires so basic book keeping knowhow. Sage has better customer support compared to Quickbooks Online. Considering our business needs, Sage seemed more affordable for us.
Casey
Casey
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Do not purchase

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Pros

Nothing, hard to use, does not integrate with other programs

Cons

Everything. Worse product for accounting ever

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Other employee wanted it said it was easy to use and she knew how, that was a lie
Matt

ITA A GOOD PACKAGE

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Pros

ONLINE MEANS I CAN USE ANY COMPUTER UNLIKE SAGE 50 WHICH WAS COMPUTER DEPENT

Cons

NOTHING ITS A GOOD PACKAGE I CANT FAULT IT

Andile
Andile

My professional side hustle enablers

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Pros

Banking connections, this and the ease of allocation of transactions, I can track my spending habits and allocate my incomes with ease.Bookkeeping should not be hard and the solution makes sure it's a breeze.

Cons

I'm not sure it's this is a thing of the past... But I have multiple bank accounts linked and transfer between accounts can be be very complicated and you can easy duplicate transactions.I really don't like the idea of paying for add-ons such as cloud space. I think the more functionality required the more this can become expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I think pricing for basic bookkeeping functions, it's still the most reasonable.
Jeff
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Small Business Sage Cloud Accounting

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Excellent, I am always surprised each time I speak with one of your support desk team, just how charming, patient and informed they are.... don't ever change that please. Im a fan .

Pros

Simplicity and exception support staff, well trained and friendly

Cons

wish it had easier search options, that it would recognise more key words when seeking a specific transaction.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

reputation and confidence that I had a recognised brand
Simon

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

Pros

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

Cons

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Used Sage when working in another industry so familiar with some of the processes.
Kerry

Sage review

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Pros

From AutoEntry to sage accounting to sage final accounts.
I like the bank feed within sage accounting - all time saving.

Cons

Bulk nominal changes would be a good addition. Otherwise I have to go into each individual invoice

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Mainly the support I get from the team at sage. I can always get hold of someone to answer queries.

Response from Sage

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the great feedback and glad you're loving your accounting product.

Victoria
  • Industry: Accounting

Why Sage Business Cloud Accounting Is the Best Solution For Independent Bookkeepers

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Sage Cloud Based Accounting - runs not only our own business, its client structure and management thereof, it forms a key central hub from where we can deploy the various other Sage functions we use for our clients be that accounting functions, CIS, Payroll, year end accounts, VAT etc. Put in concise words - one log on - one hub - everything contained within it. It liberally is a one stop solution for a bookkeeping or accounting practice of any size.

Pros

Sage provides a one stop cloud based solution with the power to tackle the most complex clients and the ease of use to mean that using it is not a chore - its well laid out, graphically pleasing and the menus have a logical and intuitive structure - it is easy to gain proficiency in its use and deployment and its advanced functionality is attainable without too much head scratching. Customer service is world class - and support features such as Sage University and Sage Champions are second to none - all in all its a mid-price point software package that does it all as well as anyone and often a great deal better backed than any of the competition, and it is backed up by the best aftermarket support package, customer service structure in the marketplace - with Sage you are never alone - they back you 100% in supporting you and your business and that alone is priceless in this day and age. Put simply - Sage is pivotal to our success and without them we could not do what we do.

Cons

No - I say no because Sage are good enough to listen to improvement suggestions from end users, log them and incorporate the key ones in their roadmap - again the transparency of Sage and the inclusivity means that any teething problems are documented and supported until they are untimely resolved.

Paul

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses...

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

Pros

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple.
Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data.
VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC.
Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform.
The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Awesome Account Software for all your needs

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Sage Business cloud accounting has been a huge relief for my finance department making their records traceable.

Pros

The cloud deployment makes it a perfect solution

Cons

Adoption of multi factor authentication before users can login

Just don't

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this....

My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros

The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons

It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

Haba
  • Industry: Newspapers

Good and easy software.

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Pros

Very easy to setup and use it. Nice and intuitive UX. A lot of good and useful features "ready at your fingertips"

Cons

Sometimes the loading speed is very very slow.

Accounting Seed
Martin

I really like Sage Accounting

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

I find it easy to use, and it helps me to keep an eye on the finances and in turn help to make decisions to intern grow the business

Pros

I find it simple to navigate and its intuitive

Cons

I wish it had on the summary screen "this financial year" option

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I just found it simpler ann cleaner to use
Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Secret experts use Sage Business Cloud Accounting.You should try it.

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Time saving.This software simplifies work in an ordinary way.No room for mistakes while using this softwareSage Business Cloud Accounting has sparkled my work.Its efficiency and flexibility magnifies your work.

Pros

The most incredible things about this software is it's phenomenal features that tracks all the expenses in an awesome way.All financial reports are arranged perfect.And if billing is what you love most then this software is your missing piece.invoive processing is simple, successful and enjoyable while using Sage Business Cloud Accounting.

Cons

It has really been effective on my work.its user friendly sono struggles customizing anything.Right choice so I have no problem with this versatile software.

Johan

Sage One - Good for a Chicken Farmer in Zimbabwe

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

No comment, as it was developed by Pastel and not a lot of effort was placed in developing a descent accounting platform.

Pros

Sage is very cheap, but with it comes a entry level accounting platform. Definately not a Rolls Royce like Microsoft Business Central.

Cons

Uploading and deleting items and customers and suppliers. Very entry level. This product does not come close to Business Central. Sage is more an accounting platform for third world countries.

marie

SAge Cloud Accounting

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

We really like Sage business cloud and have the payroll too which is good that its all in one place,

Pros

We moved from Sage 50 accounts to Sage one around 2 years ago when a member of the team left and it has been beneficial as we can log in no matter where we are and complete our work. It is also very easy to use and quick to train other people on.

Cons

There is still work that needs improved and coming from Sage 50 that had alot of reports and functions it is hard to not have them.

Dillwyen

Good product BAD after service

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Great software until you encounter problems. Then it becomes useless because of the lack of support.

Pros

Easy to use... when it is working. Interface very modern and quick to jump between the menus.

Cons

No after sales. Lots of departments passing the buck. Any software is only as good as their support.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Dillwyen,

We'll pass on your review to our customer services department. Should you have any further issues with after sales support, please visit this link:

This is the first port of call which will hopefully answer any questions you might have before having to call our customer services team.

Barry

From Sage Instant to Business Cloud

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Used everyday and very useful for my business and obvioulsy for my cleints too.

Used everyday and very useful for my business and obvioulsy for my cleints too.

Pros

Yes I have to admit it the cloud option is very useful, not having to keep track of versions and installing etc. Very useful to share data with clients.

Cons

Still some features i would like and have become used to in Sage 50, like Gross to Net and Copying lines above but sure they will come.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Barry,

We're pleased you're loving the functionality of cloud and always being on the most up to date version of your product.

William
  • Industry: Printing

good

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

Pros

The fact that you cannot go modify stuff by the backdoor

Cons

support could be better, it's not easy to reach

reputation
RAEGAN
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Platform

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

I have enjoyed using this software over the years and customer service has been reasonable.

Pros

I like the stability of the program. I have been with Sage for over 13 years and previously with Peachtree. It has been very reliable.

Cons

I am not a fan of the appearance. I wish it had more features and was cleaner visually.