Teamwork.com

The only all-in-one platform for client work

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

Brett
Brett

Productivity in full effect

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons

For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Teamwork improves project and task management

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Our group is more efficient, task-oriented, and collaborative when we work together as a team. It's ideal for companies with a large workforce. As a result of its ease of use and adaptability, it's ideal for usage by a wide range of organizations. It's great that we can contact with the vendor via Outlook and the tool keeps track of what we say. On top of that, we've got all of the project files saved on the server.

Pros

This software's user interface is well-designed and simple to operate. Reports, calendars, and Gantt charts may all be created. This program allows us to work with a variety of file types. All members of the team will be able to more readily communicate with each other thanks to this program.

Cons

I have seen better user interfaces in other products, but this one falls short. While getting acclimated to the UI takes some time, managing and controlling project activities becomes much simpler once you have.

Sophie

Great for tasking, mediocre to terrible at everything else

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Teamwork excels at tasking and basic project management, but don't count on it for any company or portfolio insights and/or big picture views.

This is a good tool for small teams that worry about pipeline and traffic control but not for large interconnected teams that require account management, efficiency evaluation or budget oversight.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and clear.
Actions around tasks have short paths to complete and work well.
The features for tasking are useful and easy to work with.
The knowledge base covers almost every topic and support is responsive, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The reporting tools are basically non-existent and any historical evaluation of data almost impossible.
Teamwork does not distinguish or allow to filter for late tasks historically, which means once a task/milestone is completed it becomes impossible to tell if that task was late or on time.
This makes tracking efficiency and employee performance impossible as we do not know if tasks are on time in general and where the bottleneck lie.

Similarly not being able to construct dashboards and manipulate data around time, late tasks, etc. for teams rather than projects hampers decision-making.

Compared to something like Celoxis or even Jira which for example allows to compare any data with custom scripts etc, Teamwork feels incredibly inflexible and dated to have to export excel sheets to manipulate and evaluate data.

Our account managers are not able to find out if they are doing good or not on a specific account as data can not really be filtered and displayed that way either.

monday.com, Adobe Workfront and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Tool incompatible with teams.

Celoxis

Cost and team buy-in

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork.

We apologise for the issues you have experienced with our product. Could you email us at [email protected] so we can try resolve these problems?

Madeleine

Project Management Is So Much Easier

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Pros

Tracking tasks and upcoming deadlines is really easy. Creating tasks and keeping them organized in different projects is simple to set up. Collaborating with other users in the comments for each task is not complicated either. Time tracking is also really useful when determining team member bandwidth.

Cons

Some of the filters / settings are a little bit buried and sometimes there are glitches that don't let you upload file attachments in the comments.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Great Functionality, Extremely Versatile

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Excellent, we have been able to collaborate more closely and effectively on projects remotely which has been very helpful these past few months with most of oyr staff woring from home.

Pros

Teamwork.com has far more features than previous project management software we have tried. The GANTT chart function is superb and we have also been able to maintain easily searchable research archives for several ongoing project. Teamwork also allows us to invite partners from outside our team to view projects which had been an issue with previous softwares we tried.

Cons

Setting up and inviting new users to collaborate on projects has proved to be a little confusing at times but once they are set up everything works smoothly.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Teamwork had more functionality than Asana and Asana had poor customer service.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Functionality and price, teamwork.com was by far the best option.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted you are enjoying our product''s features and versatility!

If you ever need any assistance with setting up users, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] so we can help you with this.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Entertainment

Teamwork review by Jen

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Teamwork is an "in" if you don't have a lot of training or experience with project management. It's so easy to use that you won't be held back.

Pros

The product is very easy to customize during set up and very easy to use. Everything I needed was visible and well placed. Billing and invoicing are included which makes it a lot simpler to budget and track expenses, but it can be turned off if you don't need it. I like the project milestones too. They're helpful and keep us motivated. There is a free tier, called the "free forever" account. With it I can have two projects at once and four people collaborating with me.

Cons

As for the product as a whole, a built in PDF editor would make it better. The prices for each tier have continued to increase. They're still reasonable but that's important to know. The first paid tier is $12.50 per person per month but it requires a minimum of five team members. If your team is three or four people you'll have to pay for a ghost member. With the free forever account, I don't like the complete denial to project templates. I think it would be reasonable to grant access to a few basic templates. The file storage limit of 100 MB is very hard to work with. To access the free forever account I had to start a free trial and then cancel to downgrade.

Microsoft Project and GanttProject

Zoho Projects

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Considering the overall price and features, I chose Teamwork as the option that would work best for us.
Svend Bertil

An Easy-to-Use Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Overall, Teamwork is a great project management tool for teams that need an easy-to-use solution. It has all the essential features, and the user interface is quite intuitive and straightforward. The free plan is limited, so users may need to upgrade to the paid plans to get the most out of it.

Pros

Teamwork is an easy-to-use project management tool that allows teams to manage their projects with ease. It has intuitive features that make it simple to assign tasks, track progress and communicate with the rest of the team. The user interface is straightforward and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find what you need.

Cons

One of the downsides of Teamwork is that it's not as robust as some of its competitors. It lacks advanced features such as resource management, reporting tools and automated workflows. Additionally, the free plan is limited in terms of features, so users may need to upgrade to the paid plans to get the most out of it.

Lisa
  • Industry: Accounting

Some great features for Time tracking, including dependent tasks and filter views

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Pros

We love that our team tasks can have dependencies. Task 2 can not be started before task 1 if you choose to set up tasks with them dependent on others. We all get several hundred emails each week. The dependent task feature has reduced our need to email each other by 20%.

Cons

The set up instructions say how to use features but don't tell the reader why they would be helpful to use. We've been using the software for more than 6 months and we can't find a reason to use a handful of the features they highlight the most. When we've contacted support they were able to tell us how to use the features, but like the instructions they could not tell us what we might use them for.

Microsoft Teams, monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We wanted to have Gnatt charts and dependent tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Monday seemed to have so many options it was too complicated to determine how to set it up. Staff members didn't like the time tracking location in Wrike. The others were lacking features that were important to us.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted to hear you are enjoying our task management feature!

I've taken your comments about the instructions onboard and will pass them onto the team!

Jessica
Jessica

Teamwork is very effective in managing projects efficiently

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Teamwork provides all the modules a business needs to manage all tasks on the move, and it lets us work on our projects properly and effectively while we're away from the office. In addition, it provides us with a comprehensive understanding of the abilities and limitations of each person, which is invaluable for assigning tasks.

Pros

Our company has found Teamwork to be the most useful and convenient web program for managing both projects and teams. The aforementioned software suite is what we utilize to plan and execute all of our projects, no matter how complex or numerous they may be. Our company has implemented a new system for assigning tasks and estimating how long they will take, as well as for approving those tasks, generating reports, scheduling employees, and rescheduling meetings.

Cons

The project management needs of my company and I have been completely satisfied by the collaborative software we have been using.

Rachel
Rachel

Teamwork benefits business and project management

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

As a result of having access to the ideas and solutions of multiple people, projects completed more quickly and with higher quality results when teams work together. Knowing that you have the support of your teammates is a great confidence booster when working together to achieve a common goal.

Pros

What I enjoy most about working in a team is when we have a set plan for how to accomplish our goals. It encourages team members to work together toward a single objective, and it establishes some semblance of order and predictability in the process.

Cons

When I was originally introduced to the site, I discovered that there was a slight learning curve associated with finding one's way around it. I was able to make better use of the platform's features once I developed my own method for organizing projects.

Philip
  • Industry: Higher Education

Enough structure to encourage good project management practices

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Pros

On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Cons

Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

Trello, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

The degree of structure combined with the features we needed being included in the base product rather than the "3rd party integrations" purchase model that some of these other products use.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there Philip,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use.

We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim!

Make sure to stay in touch with us on [email protected] if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team.

Nancy at Teamwork

Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Pros

I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Cons

The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

Jira, ActiveCollab, ClickUp, Hive, Wrike, Ravetree and Shortcut

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Mavenlink is far too expensive, and has had little features / functionality added in the last few years. It also doesn't support agile development.

Kantata

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation.

Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at [email protected] with more details on the feature request?

• Industry: Automotive

Great Project Management Software

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Great software, really user-friendly, able to make custom to our needs

Great software, really user-friendly, able to make custom to our needs

Pros

It is very flexible to use, we were able to add an OKR system so that it would work for our company.

Cons

Too many places for comments. We tend to lose comments, not a huge thing because of the emails, but we do lose them in the system, usually these are new employees that haven't or forgot their training

Slack, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Excel wasn't powerful enough for us as we added more projects

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Cost, flexibility at the time, support

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad that you find the software flexible and user-friendly!

Commenting issues, hmmmm... That's sounds like a job for our support team! Could you forward them over an email at [email protected] to see if they can help you out with this issue?

Hope you're having a great day!

Yoana

I like it overall, but it feels a bit dated

Reviewed on 27/08/2020

Teamwork is our project/clients headquarters. We keep all of our logins, tasks, and team communications in there and so far it's been a good solution for us and keeping all of our clients project specific material seperated. The daily e-mail reminders and task notifications keep our team running smoothly and aware of what's outstanding or coming up.

Pros

We've been using Teamwork as our project management tool for years.

For my client's needs, it's a pretty great PM tool. It's easy for us to add new projects, create a Logins notebook and then add any tasks that need to be completed, assign to the person that needs to do it and attach any details such as date due and how long they have to complete it.

I'm also able to add "saved" tasks lists so I don't need to re-enter my recurring tasks every time.

It's easy to add and remove team members as well as clients. Lately they've updated the Dashboard when you first login so it has this cool tab called "My Work" that shows me what's due on my list only (not the entire teams) and what's coming up (and also what's overdue if I didn't complete something). This is a quick way for me to see what's on my plate.

I love the fact that it archives projects, we refer to old projects frequenlty as the client needs additional work or an updated design, etc... and the new file sharing options are super helpful so we don't need to export a client file anymore and send it via e-mail, we can just send them the link.

It also has a great file version feature, so we can see previous iterations and keep them all together

Cons

The interface is now cluttered and clunky. It's not as sleek and clean as say Basecamp in its simplicity. I don't ever use any of the reporting features because they just don't make any sense and in my opinion are not easy to implement. It could be I need to take some of their training or something, but haven't had the time.

I wish it was a bit easier to create a project template and then update it. Because I have to hunt it down and remember where it is, my templates aren't updated as frequently as I would like. I also wish it provided more user guidance on setting up what I consider advanced features such as Gnatt charts and the new Kanban board interface.

Basecamp, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We needed more features than Basecamp provided at the time.

Basecamp

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Yoana,

Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it.

It's great to hear you are enjoying our new updated personal task feature on our dashboard.

We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with our product - could you email us at [email protected] so we can investigate these further?

Michael

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Every once in a while you discover a product or service that changes everything you do at your company. Teamwork was that product for us. Teamwork took us from a struggling agency that didn't understand its investment of time in our project work and that had no processes to speak of to a company that runs like clockwork.
We couldn't be the company we are without it.

Pros

Integration with other apps / software
Ease of use for team members
Ease of use for customers
Integration with email clients
Integration with browsers
The mobile experience is top notch
Cost effectiveness
Time tracking for team members
Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive

Cons

Some minor limitations on template designs for projects but there are always work-arounds.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Basecamp 2 had limitations and had a confusing interface for both our team members and our customers.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

The software was a better fit for us.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Michael,

Our team will be delighted with this feedback and a 10/10 rating!

Don't forget, we are always available at [email protected] if you need anything or wish to submit a feature request!

Allison
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Powerful for Larger Teams

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Overall, Teamwork is a feature-rich project management tool with great integrations. It has all of the tools that teams of 5 or more need to successfully collaborate and communicate effectively on projects. Some cool features - such as the Notebook - I've not seen implemented in other project management software. In the past two years, more features have been implemented in Teamwork which keeps it near the top of my favorite project management software.

Pros

Great for task-driven multiple projects. Task management works great with collapsible lists and details, and unlimited subtasks; these are all great tools for detailing every step of a project that I look for in project management. This software also has the different "views" most project managers (and those they're reporting to) are looking for: Gantt, Kanban, tables and more. Chats, file attachments, task progress and more can be tracked by task, or subtask which can prevent or reduce clutter and confusion as long as the project manager clearly communicates how the software will be used.The Notebook feature is also standout. I've often used it to house detailed research or reference material, that is easily accessible and viewable within a specific project. I've used the Notebook feature for how-to video libraries, product comparisons, and for real time collaboration.The time/ expense tracking and exporting to other formats (spreadsheets, PDFs) as well as billing software is flexible and easy. The time trackers are intelligently placed on each task or subtasks and can be used to pull detail into reports and invoices.

Cons

Implementing a Kanban board from an existing project task list can be confusing and some tasks can be missed in the process.At one time, Teamwork was near the top of my project management software list. However, substantial changes to pricing plans clearly indicate the company is focused on enterprise level deployment, rather than on smaller teams. The free level provides decent features limited to 1-2 projects, but excludes integrations, such as third party cloud storage. The next level plan has a three seat minimum and is absent some core features and integrations. It's at the "Grow" level that all of the core features and integrations kick-in, along with a 5 seat minimum. We're a team of 3 that grows depending upon the project, but we couldn't rationalize paying the higher prices for 2 extra seats that were only used periodically AND the difference between the monthly and annual charges for these extra seats.One person on our team was decidedly more "visual" than I am and really had a hard time navigating Teamwork, as did a couple of our clients (with client access to view preliminary invoices and sign-off on work). I agree the fonts chosen to indicated headers and subheaders could have stood out more, but I personally didn't see that as an impediment.

Trello, Basecamp and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

I needed more features at a reduce cost.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Teamwork has flexible time and expense trackers. It also has unlimited collapsible subtasks with the ability chat/message, track progress, attach files to each individual subtask. I also preferred how Teamwork managed various file types; e.g., videos play within the app.
Irfan
Irfan

One of the Best Project Management Tool I have recently come across

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I am pretty happy with overall usage especially because of a lot of issues are being solved simultaneously in our team and especially because we have team across continents.

Pros

- Teamwork projects is one of the best project management tools available to date because of having so many features and one of my favorite feature is time logging and making time billable and non billable plus invoicing that is just a bonus in a project management tool.
- Feature of assigning one task to multiple users is also a huge plus this way all team members can log their hours to the task and are always updated about progress via notifications
- Notifications in the system are also very simple and I would say complete and easy
- Its communication ability via comments among team is brilliant and for us especially because we work in different time zones posting comments is easy when we want other team members to know something about the task or have a questions
- Creation of notebooks is another great feature of Teamwork Projects because that way all of our team members can always be on the same page
- Activity log is great and very very usable feature too
- Sub-task feature is the one which is very beneficial and is really helpful in breaking bigger tasks in smaller sub tasks

Cons

- Though the tool is pretty straight forward but I still feel it has huge improvement gap in User Interface
- Logging time is a bit confusing and needs some learning. I think it can be improved as well
- Reporting is good enough but I think can be enhanced and more reports can be added too

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Irfan,

Thanks for a great review of Teamwork - it's always great to see a 10/10 score!

Our product team loves to get creative with Teamwork's features - so they'll be delighted with this feedback.

I've noted your comments on user interface and reporting and will pass this onto the design team to look into this further.

Don't forget to stay in touch with us at [email protected] if you ever need anything.

Erin

Overall good experience on Teamwork

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Teamwork has been incredibly helpful to us. One thing about our company is we work in segments, so we have about 20 "categories" of Projects, yet we can't do anything around those categories. I would like to view things with the Project Category as the filter. Milestones for a specific category of projects, tasks for a specific category of projects, add new or existing users to a specific category of projects. This would make our interaction with Teamwork incredibly more useful. I appreciate all the work that has come out over the summer to update the code base making it easier to add new features. And I have been excited about a lot of the features coming out. I would love to see a more robust JIRA integration (rather than just Zapier) since our company uses JIRA on the product/dev side and Teamwork on the operational/project management side.

Pros

How customizable it is by project and within a project. The ability to set permissions and privacy on almost anything in a project.

Cons

Adding users to specific projects at a mass project level is not easy. I would like to be able to both add users and filter items (milestones, task lists, activity, Everything items) by Category of the Project. I would like to report on Category of project. I would also like more ways of exporting the milestones in an easier to read report. We want to use milestones as a way to get our entire company in-the-know of upcoming items. But we have so many overlapping milestones the calendar view doesn't work, and the exported excel list isn't appealing for a quick read.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Teamwork Projects.

I'll pass on all your feedback to the team here for consideration.

Nicer dashboards and metric, departments and improved reporting are all on our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap).We hope to have them released very soon. I think these will help solve a lot of your issues.

If theres anything else you can think of that we can do to help improve your experience with Teamwork Projects, please get in touch.

Best reagards,
Therese

Daniel

Much to improve on

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Teamwork more pretty than functional.

Teamwork claims to be a 'project management' tool, but it...

Teamwork more pretty than functional.

Teamwork claims to be a 'project management' tool, but it lacks many fundamental PM features, and it's clumsy.

Areas needing improvement:

- One of the most important tools for project management are gantt charts. Teamwork's gantt chart is one of the worst I've seen compared to other PM software/apps. I will try to break it down:
1. The default view for task planning should be gantt view, not task list view. It's a project with many moving parts, you should be forced to at the same time creating your task, be able to see and visualize how and when it will fit in within the rest of the project.
2. In Gantt chart view, the gantt chart needs to show start/finish dates in 2 columns on the left side beside all the tasks. So from left to right it should look like this: task, start date, finish date, gantt chart. Every traditional PM software has this basic layout, it's fundamental. A simple tool like Smartsheet.com is far more basic, yet superior in this.
3. Printing gantt charts is clumsy and difficult. Everyone prints gantt charts on A3 or A2 to discuss over in meetings. Printing gantt charts in Teamwork is so clumsy, it's as though I simply took screenshot of whatever is on my screen and printed it. And often when i try to print in A3, it simply prints and A4 sized chart in the middle of an A3 page, leaving heaps of white space around the outside. You need to design the printing option so that it prints a beautifully presented gantt nicely on one page that fills the whole page.
4. The file management in teamwork is perhaps the WORST feature. It is extremely clumsy. Firstly you can't drag and drop folders to rejig folder structure, you need to manually do this and 'nest' them here and there, where you want it. It's so laborious. Furthermore, if i start uploading lets say 10 files into one folder, and i start navigating to other folders while my files upload, the uploaded files start being uploaded into all the folders I am navigating i.e. they don't all upload to the folder I initially dragged them into. So then I end up with 10 files randomly spread over all these folders and have no idea which ones they were saved into because these folders already have many files in them, and it just becomes an absolute nightmare to try and find them and move them back to the correct folder they were meant to be saved into in the first place. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I have run out of

Pros

It looks pretty and modern, but to be honest, so do all the new apps and websites these days.

Cons

It is extremely laborious and time consuming to add tasks, set start and finish dates, and assign the task to people. Too much requirement to use the mouse pointer to select these. It should be just really basic where you can 'tab across' to the next thing. e.g.
type in task *tab* start typing who the task is assigned to and it picks up the name *tab* enter start date *tab* enter end date *tab* <-- notice I didn't need to use my clumsy mouse at all during this process. using the mouse is slow, you need to allow us to have shortcuts that minimises the need to use the mouse.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it and give us your feedback. I've passed on all of your suggestions to the team here for their consideration. Hopefully we'll be able to implement your ideas soon.

Best regards,
Therese

Tyler

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Basecamp, Wrike and Smartsheet

Cost

Kantata

Cost and feature fit

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it!

I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team.

McKay
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money...

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Pros

It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Cons

I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi McKay,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team.

The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features.

Wes

Josh

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help.

It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons

I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts.

TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload.

There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet."

Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects.

Nancy at Teamwork.

Jessie

Teamwork is a great alternative to project management

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

.We employ Teamwork in the organization since they let us divide all the jobs among the team members. It is in charge of allocating the proper duties to every team member so that they know what they are working on, who they are working with, and what will happen next. We launch projects and their execution through it. We feel particularly at ease using the tool because of its adaptable architecture, which enables users to work however they like. This tool is essential since it expedites project execution and guards against our forgetting to do particular tasks.

Pros

Adding tasks, assigning them to team members, and categorizing them makes it easier for project managers to keep track of the status of active projects. One of the company's favored benefits is the capacity to alert managers of upcoming duties automatically so they don't neglect them. It is the most delicate technique to manage every part of the projects you want to implement in the firm. It is the perfect instrument for allocating the tasks and resources needed to fulfill the set objectives.

Cons

It is not a very simple tool for new users, so I think it should have a more straightforward and less sophisticated interface so that it is not just utilized by technical employees or technology professionals.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Jessie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork! We're delighted to hear that your team is finding so many of our features helpful.

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Teamwork being difficult at the beginning for new users. We recently created a Teamwork Success Center which was built to help with setting your team and your clients up for success. The resources here might be useful for any new joiners on your team in the future! You can check out the success center here: https://www.teamwork.com/success-center/

Willow at Teamwork

Andreas
Andreas
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Teamwork Projects - Solid collaborative tool

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Time to launch for our marketing efforts on new service offerings was the biggest benefit we saw due to the milestones that we were able to track visually.

Pros

The biggest pro is that it allows us to work in transparency amongst the team members while accountability of who owns what in the project. Adding files and snippets of what we are working on added further value than old email chains especially when we are trying to search for them on our HDD! Teamwork also has a milestone feature allowing you to see the bigger picture and then drilling down to take the necessary next steps to complete the project. Reporting is clean - especially on Gantt charts and Kaban boards including Time Tracking built in.

Cons

I still believe the user interface is not as straightforward as some other collaborative tools that I use and only because there are so many features that it will still take some time for buy-in for new users.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm glad that you consider Teamwork as a 'solid collaborative tool' - we couldn't agree more! Work transparency is vital, so we are glad to hear that the software has helped you and your team in this area!

Our interface has recently gone through some improvements with some more improvements not too far down the line for you! Keep an eye on our roadmap: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap

Hope you're having a nice day!

Bonnie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Teamwork Projects - Keep up with projects

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

It keeps us on the same page and is a central place to gather copy for projects. It is the only system that has worked for us so far.

Pros

I am a technical writer working with a web development company. Before we started using Teamwork Projects (Projects) we were struggling to keep up and keep everyone on the same page. Projects has become a central place we can all use to keep things going.

One feature I use are the Notebooks. You can create them, assign different users, privacy levels, and categories. I actually write the copy for our projects directly into the Notebooks. If your internet connection is cutting out, it warns you to stop before continuing to work. When you save a Notebook, you can choose to send various people email messages, mark it as a new version, etc. There are lots of features, and that is just for the Notebooks!

You can also create task lists, estimate the amount of time members of your team will spend on things, track time on projects, and send email messages through Outlook. We have even gotten clients to use the system by sending them invitations so they can send and receive messages as projects progress. When clients can use it and participate, it says a lot. No more having to search our inboxes for email messages and cutting and pasting information. Before this, version control on copy was a nightmare.

Cons

The interface cannot be customized in such a way that it looks neat. There are filters that can be applied so that things will be listed in a certain way, but I haven't figured out how to have all my current projects listed right up front when I log in.