Trello

4.5 (23,107)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(23,107)
4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Antonio
Antonio

The road to your personal successes, all on a slight of hand!

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Exceptional, being a company involved in financial services we need to accomplish tasks and assignments in the fastest and more efficient possible way. Trello makes this way easier.

Pros

Trello is an incredibly user friendly software, it's easy to use and you can quickly get familiar with the dashboard.

For people who, like me, tend to organize things by "visual schemes" (eg. colors, lines ecc) trello is perfect!
The possibility of creating different colored labels depending on the priority of a certain task will make the dashboard easy to access and fast to share.

About sharing, the task assignment is really intuitive and catchy, you can either drag and drop the members of your team on a certain task or, for those who prefer more formal things, you can invite them by email to join a certain task.

Mobile and Desktop interfaces are very stable, fast and fluid. Me and my team never came accross any critrical bug.

Cons

The thing I absolutely liked the least of the software is the fact that it's not possible to upload a custom picture for the background on Lite accounts but, of course, one does not buy trello just to get his custom background.
So to sum up, no critical cons.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Asana presented some major bugs and system instability and as far as we needed 10 people to access an assignment dashboard as fast as possible we could not rely on nothing less than Trello.
Guillaume

Trello, a very useful tool to organize almost any project you can think of

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Trello is rather user-friendly. While it may be a little disturbing at first fir an untrained mind, you very soon catch all the benefits you can get from its daily use in your workflow.
A technical variation to an old-school paper-based workflow, at least this one won't be impacted by lost post-its.

Pros

Trello is definitely a very simple yet VERY efficient tool that allows you to organize almost anything you want about a projrct and share it within a team.

Cons

Except from the fact that deleting an item is not intuitive at all at first, I can't really think of any real cons at all. Maybe the lack of resize and reorganize tool to avoid having to scroll left and right in your screen? But that's really it to me.

Anastacia

Trello Troubles

Reviewed on 26/09/2022

Overall it was very frustrating. So many times would my client be stuck in a "stage" because there wasn't enough bandwidth to move them to the next board. This was all because again, it was a manual process and for a small company, it shouldn't have been that hard. Not to mention you had to pay for ALL add-ons and some of them just made sense to have but boy does it add to the cost.

Pros

The only feature I enjoyed about this product was how easy it was to deploy a new client project inside Trello. You could easily add in the new details that you collected from your kick-off decks and add them into the auto-generated "card". That was the only thing that was great about this tool.

Cons

Everything else was terrible after the onboarding took place. Once you got a new card automated in the "new client" column and added in your details, it was up to you to manually move/drag that card to whatever stage of the process they were in. It was extremely tedious and many clients fell through the cracks as a result.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Salesforce was too expensive for what we needed it for and a lot of the platform went unused unfortunately so we switched to Trello but quickly switched away from Trello after about 6 months just because it was very ineffective for what we needed.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The cost comparison to Salesforce was the main factor.
zoie
zoie
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello is the Perfect Tool for Visually Creative Task and Project Management

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

I have tried so many Task and Project Management tools... it's a long list. Trello is the only product that I have stuck with and continually use daily. I'm a visual organizer and love to use imagery to not only keep me organized but also to keep me inspired. Trello lets me set up my Project Boards and Tasks in a creative and fun way. It feels less like a "todo" list and more like creative vision boards. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I like having separate boards for each project and creating visual themes for each board which helps me to stay motivated and excited about my projects. Trello makes setting up this type of system easy. I'm a big Kanban System fan. In my opinion, nobody does Kanban better than Trello. I also like setting up my Task cards using images. This keeps me interested in my tasks and projects—so I get things done. In addition, I like how detailed the Tasks cards are, which allows me to keep sub-tasks, checklists, images, and additional documentation all within one card, making organization simple. Overall if you are a visual organizer like me Trello is a perfect fit.

Cons

This is not really a negative, but Trello has a lot of features that I'm still trying to figure out like Power Ups, Automation Buttons, and Templates. Clearly, I have more to learn, and look forward to it. However, beginners may feel a bit overwhelmed at first.

Paige
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great for Project Management

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

Trello makes managing team projects easy. We can all see what has been done and what still needs to be completed, add notes, etc.

Cons

The platform seems less robust than some, but it's perfect for what we use it for.

Amanda
Amanda

Trello is a good second choice to Asana

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

It works well, it was easy to communicate with other team members and I liked the way it tracked notes

Pros

I liked the visual of trello, the way it’s laid out is appealing for the eye, and makes it easy to personalize for each project.

Cons

I don’t find the different options helpful I feel like the different boards don’t flow well so it can be confusing to switch between projects

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Client had her trello setup and wanted someone to manage typically I need to setup a project management system and I utilize Asana but I like to be aware of the features and “how to” of trello so that I’m not limited if a client wants to utilize it

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

My client wanted to utilize this platform instead
Steven rafael
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Accessible to anyone

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Pros

It is a great alternative to pesky paper notes

Cons

For myself it doesn't have any problem at all

Bento
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Trello - ease

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Pros

Trello is simple and easy to use and I can manage my projects from anywhere.

Cons

Unfortunately, you can only manage three projects in the free version.

Husain
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Software Review

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

It is quite good software easy to track, easy to operate and it gives you update on every stages

Pros

Easy to operate and user freindly. It work very well on añdroid and whole function can be performed on mobile as well

Cons

Costing..it calculate per user wise. I would advice to change the format i.e: 1-10 users this much
1-25 users this much
E
Etc

Jomon
Jomon

Easy to collaborate work.

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

Easy to acess anyone. saves lot of time and effort.

Cons

It is not easy to switch works.Not optimised for complex work.

Handel
Handel
  • Industry: Media Production

Incredibly useful task planner

Reviewed on 28/07/2019

Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Basecamp was overall awful, very poor UI, with hard to track task lists and layers on layers of pages with very little data.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello stood out with the most cost effective free solution, with a very easy user interface that requires no training. Out of the box was extremely useful.
John
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very user-friendly tool that improves project management!

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Our group began using Trello to replace spreadsheets for project tracking and the results have been amazing. With Trello, we can quickly navigate through multiple projects and also get an immediate, visual sense of the overall project status. Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very easy and includes extensive customization options. Notifications for any project updates can be delivered via email, desktop or push (iOS) and the frequency can be adjusted. Trello also utilizes what they call "Power-Ups" for integration with a variety of other 3rd party solutions. The Google Drive "Power-Up" has been especially useful as it allows us to attach files to cards directly from Google Drive. With an emphasis on security, Trello also includes session tracking and offers two-factor authentication for all price tiers. With a clean UI and very intuitive functions, Trello provides a great user experience.

Pros

- Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very intuitive
- Cards have an option to include a "Checklist" to easily track sub-tasks
- Function to "Copy" a card makes creating multiple cards quick and easy
- Clicking on your profile image displays a list of all cards currently assigned to you
- Menu includes an "Activity" section with a snapshot of all recent changes or updates
- Status "Lists" (columns) are completely customizable including quantity and titles
- Search function includes default options to quickly search by due date
- Option to pin the "Boards" list on the left side provides easy access to multiple boards
- Simple and easy integration with other tools such as Google Drive via "Power-Ups"
- Custom background images can be uploaded and set for each board
- Two-factor authentication is included in all price tiers
- Free version includes unlimited personal Boards and up to 10 team boards
- Extremely clean UI with a very nice overall look & feel
- Mobile app is extremely user-friendly and always in-sync

Cons

- Usernames apparently need to be globally unique across all of Trello (no one on my team was using "john" but I still got an error message that the "Username is taken")
- Clearing (or "marking read") notifications on the mobile app is a little confusing

Maryl
  • Industry: Entertainment

Trello is your team's organizational sandbox

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

We use Trello every day to give the company team-wide access to where we are in the pipeline of our projects. Any team member can be added to any board to see, add and edit cards. Trello has great integrations with other platforms we use such as Hubspot and Google suite. You can easily create a new card by sending to a specific email address which streamlines the flow of regular processing. We greatly appreciate the regular updates from the Trello team, they seem to be regularly updating the software and adding benefits to their already solid product.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, easy to customize and visually appealing. Their customer service and regular updates are impressive.

Cons

I personally have no drawback to this software, we have utilized this on our team for years, tried other software for the same systems and keep coming back to Trello.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great Way to keep track of projects in a virtual team

Reviewed on 11/01/2020

Like any tool, the crux of the matter is wether you can get your team to adopt it and use it, rather than just keep plowing along with email. But my experience has been that the visual way that you can get a lot of information represented with one glance and the flexibility of how you do this, combined with the notifications (email, computer, mobile apps) makes it far superior to email and my team has realized this.

Pros

This visual way this represents information and the flexibility in how this information is represented on the 'board' and within each 'card' makes this an invaluable tool for our virtual team.
I like most that this software gives you a visual representation of your work. You can see at a glance where things are at. We use it for client projects with multiple milestones to see where we are in each of the cases. The "cards" let you add all types of information in a facebook like feed: documents, photos and scans, notes, you can have discussions here. You can also add deadlines to a card, which will remind you at the set time on your desktop or phone. (apps for all major platforms are available). Notifications also get sent to your email if you so desire.

I also really like that once you have written a checklist, and you create a new card you can easily use the former checklist as a template for the new card. This means we can make our SOP's into checklists and maintain these so all people who work on a project use the same standardized measurements of the progress on a project.

Cons

The way usernames are created seems a bit random. For example my colleage, lets call him "Frank Michaels" gets a username assigned that looks like this @frankmich2453 - when I want to address him (tag him) in a conversation to ensure he gets an altert that this is something he needs to look at, this weird, random username gets used. Its not really an issue with functionality as much as aestetics and defintely not a deal breaker.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Basecamp is a great product but the pricing options for Trello are better (free options are available) and (not sure why) adoption has worked better, eventhough I like the aestitics of Basecamp better, but visual representaiton through these 'cards' is really well implemented and helps many people understand infomraiton quicker.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Best task manager

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

So far is free, so it also has the best relationship price/quality you can find.

Pros

By far this is the easiest to use task manager in the market. It is very intuitive and easy to use without missing functionality. I've used for several projects big and small and never failed me.

Cons

The only drawback I see is that after you create a task you must go back to add information, this is something that should be done in one step instead of two.
It has less features than JIRA, but most JIRA features are of not use for me, so I can't complain for this, but if you are looking for a JIRA drop-in replacement, this is not the software you are looking for.

This is free and simple to use. Also tried Basecamp, but I like Trello more

Jira

Because of the price.
Suzan
Suzan

Online project management system that changed the way we work

Reviewed on 05/12/2020

I had been managing my web and graphic design studio jobs just with excel - I had not found any software that did not seem too cumbersome and admin heavy. The checklist functionality and all possibilities then changed the way we work to this day.

Pros

The easy to use visible overview, the checklist and creating templates for the team to use over and over. Long before the template functionality was added we used it already and just gave it a label.
The simplicity yet versatility makes it so adaptable.

Cons

The free version is getting more and more restricted in use. The biggest blow was the teams that suddenly went from unlimited to 10. We are a small company in a third world country, working and training a lot of apprentices, so the fee per person was simply far too much. There are a lot of boards I have archived that I cannot access anymore because the team size won't allow it. I may need to restructure it all, but for now It's just annoying.

Andrew

Trello Review

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Overall, my experience with Trello has been great. The system does take a little time to adjust to, simply because it is a new form of to-do lists and project managements that many people are unfamiliar with. However, that initial learner's curve is not too steep and learning the ins-and-outs is painless and easy to implement across teams. Rather than working across multiple channels like Slack, Salesforce, and Outlook, Trello helps consolidate all of these communications in one place to raise issues in a timely manner, manage task loads, and collaborate more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Trello's project management is a bit unorthodox at first (at least for me and my team), but after getting familiar with the Kanban boards, the system seriously changes the way I view to-do lists and how they can be optimized for more efficient workflows. Trello makes it easy to manage tasks amongst team members, assign duties, and to track against milestones. Rather than wasting time every week in meetings to get updates from the team, Trello seamlessly tracks everyone's completed tasks, raises issues instantly, and makes tracking milestones extremely simple. Easily the best project management software I have worked with and is a serious game-changer for project management.

Cons

While Trello is an incredible tool, I wish there was some more functionality and features to enhance the core product even more. I work on multiple projects at once across multiple teams, which involves a lot of switching back-and-forth between boards and tasks. I would love if Trello was able to consolidate all of the tasks across one's various boards to provide an overview of tasks and their due dates as well as issues across the different teams. An all-in-one dashboard would make the system even more adaptable and easier to implement across more teams and could even replace systems like Salesforce for our organization in regards to project management.

Curry
  • Industry: Media Production

Simplest project management software I've ever used

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

From business use to personal, moving files, storing attachments, making checklists, dialoguing with co-workers, and managing all projects in a visually pleasing style - Trello has it all, and it's much better than all of the competitors.

Pros

The seamless integration of features. It's so easy to switch between boards, clearly see all projects, and the timeline of all upcoming deadlines thanks to the wonderful (and rare) calendar feature. I wish I had that now! It makes creating something like a video production calendar very quick and easy to follow. The cards themselves are extremely customizable; checklists, attachments, comments, and more could not be easier to add and track. For someone visually oriented, this is an absolute must. Another great feature, there's a free version! Most other management softwares don't have that.

Cons

The archive feature is my main concern. I wish there was a better way of removing projects, other than "archiving" them. Sometimes I need to access these cards and there's not really a simple way to find them. Because of this, my workaround was to have a "completed" board that I would put all finished cards in. Annoying at first, but because the site is so great, I didn't mind after a while. I also wish you could color code things and create labels like in Monday.com.

Lisa

A great asset for our group

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

For simple checklists and projects it's been great. And now that the automations are all set up, and I have to commend the trailer support team for helping us we really appreciate it, everything runs perfectly. It's easy to adjust once you remember how to work the automations, and easy to change any of the individual checklists. We probably still only use a small percentage of what the program can do. It's probably even better than I know!

Pros

One of the best things about Trello is also one of the most complex things and that is the automations. Once you have all the automation set up, it's a beautiful thing, however setting them up is an absolute drag. Like I say though, once it's done, it is seamless. I love it. Otherwise the software is extremely easy to use, the checklists are easy to make, the workflow is easy to follow and it's so easy for different people to know what their tasks are and easy for them to complete them and Mark them done. Very happy that we gave Trello a try. For most users the free version is probably enough so it's great value also!

Cons

Everything is great except setting up those automations. It's just so complicated. Maybe for someone very advanced in computers it would be easy, however I can't even imagine it. I'm a fairly advanced user however this was very difficult.

monday sales CRM

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The free trial of Monday and it was so incredibly complicated I gave up. Trello and itself is complicated enough, I didn't need it to be more so. Plus Monday was more expensive.
Tiffany
Tiffany
  • Industry: Executive Office

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

As a Virtual Assistant, I work with variety different types of businesses and business owners - Trello is customization to everyone's needs. I keep my clients organizes, Trello keeps me organizes. It is 100% customization, which is so important to me. It is the EASIEST organizational tool I have been able to find.

It is the external hard drive for my brain, my filing cabinet, my to-do list, notebook and client communicator. It can do it ALL.

I tried several systems to keep my business and my clients businesses organized. After I found and learned Trello, I migrated everything over. I utilize it to organize social media designs and posts, track progress on projects, give and receive approvals for documents, track passwords, website URLs, referal codes/links.

Personally I organize my rental properties information and history, keep track of my family's medical history, calendars, gift ideas, book recommendations, to-do lists and more. My spouse and I use it to communicate and track long term goals and projects.

I utilize it in my volunteer work as well. Keeping notes on individuals, their strengths, contact information, projects they have or are working on. Upcoming events, budgets and ideas for future activities.

Trello is my digital purse and my brain's external hard drive!

Pros

It can do it ALL. It is SO customizable.

I LOVE being able to copy/paste images into a card and attaching documents. This is a HUGE bonus compared to other programs.

It's free version is robust and makes it simple on-board my clients to use it without myself or them paying additional software fees (Although typically they have become hooked and upgrade)

The app is as strong as the desk top version. I love not losing functionality when I'm on the go.

Cons

There is a learning curve. You have to give yourself time to understand how it works and create a system that flows with your needs. There are SO many ways to use Trello, that at first glance, it can seem like there are too many options, but give it time, watch a few tutorials, or download some templates and you'll be on your way!

Ishanka
Ishanka

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform.

Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello.

Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device.

Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms.

Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience.

Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Lohany
Lohany
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

meeting the trello

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Trello allowed me to create a more organized schedule, especially with projects that had no specific date to do any activity, so it made my life a lot easier, for example: before using Trello I made lists of what I had to do during the week and day , and whenever I couldn't do a task I had to copy it back to the next list of the following week, erasing everything, with Trello I no longer have this problem I managed to optimize my time because now with Trello I look at all my projects I see which ones are the next actions to be done on the list, and the notifications with reminders that I post always appear, and when I finish the task I mark it and it turns green, and the ones in red are the ones I still have to do, so my conclusion about Trello is that I still intend to continue using this application, I think it fulfills its function very well.

Pros

the cool thing about Trello is that as soon as you download it to your device, it comes with a welcome board that shows what you can do with the trello app, at first glance, it has a presentation card where you click and can make a description of the card or add a comment, add images, add a link, create checklists, tags, you can create as many lists as you want, file a card, all this the app will teach you, it is very good for managing projects , it is very practical, so it is not an application so difficult to learn to handle because it is very visual, another advantage is the integration of trello with various platforms, for example, windows, ios, so that there is no difficulty of access through another browser, even if it is not installed on your device, you can access and manipulate it without having to download it.

Cons

the only disadvantage i've seen so far is that i didn't learn how to create teams in the app just to be able to create on the computer on the site, so when i click add, i can only add a new board and select which team i'll put, but so far i don't know how to add a new team, I don't know if it's not possible or if it's my mistake, another disadvantage is the number of limited power-ups that are offered in the free version, so I can only add a power-up and if I want to put dropbox and Evernote I can't, but it's fair, it's an application that has a commercial version so if you want to use more tools I think it's fair to pay for them, as it is useful for several companies.

Mariam
Mariam
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

How to become much more efficient at work

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros

The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons

Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.

Edith
Edith
  • Industry: Design

Trello is a great tool for project management

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Easy day-to-day task and project management, which simplifies and reduces my emails and streamlines my work and communication process.

Pros

My company has been using Trello as our sole tool to manage day-to-day tasks and projects. We are a small team of 5, and Trello helps us communicate amongst one another across hundreds of different projects and thousands of tasks. We often invite our clients to join their own board and collaborate with us in that way, instead of working with email threads that are impossible to keep track of. We use the free version of the software, and have tons of information on many boards - there appears to be no limit, which is an absolutely amazing feature to offer for free. Most software that is this great, is limited in some way, shape or form. I have yet to find a limiting factor that prevents us from using Trello to it's full capabilities in our office. I love that you can keep all information relevant to a specific task on one card - attachments, due dates, comments - everything you need to remind yourself what needs to be done and where you are with that particular task. I also love that you can change the backgrounds of each board.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of something I do not like about the software at this point in time. Even the free version has very little that can be criticised. I would love the ability to easily switch between accounts, I have a personal account as well as one for work - currently one needs to log out and log back (sometimes log out of Google and back in), which could probably be streamlined a bit more.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Once the best -- still good.

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

It is an easy platform to accommodate a large, virtual team with. All of my colleagues are scattered around the globe, and co-working organizational apps are critical to our progress. Trello was a good choice to get us organized and on the same page about the tasks at hand.

Pros

Trello is a very visual platform; I love that everything is laid out in front of you. It makes it very easy to take in the big picture (based on how you arrange your boards) - what's due? what's this team working on? what have we not yet completed?

It also has a slight learning curve, but once you overcome that, you're set, and it gets increasingly easy to use. If, like me, this is a software that you need to use daily, you will master it in no time.

Cons

I mentioned that what I like most is how Trello gives you a great overview of the big picture - you can see all tasks that need to be completed and everything going on, all at once. This is also it's biggest pitfall, in my opinion. It is both too general, and too crowded, simultaneously. In order to analyze a task in depth, we link to a Google doc or another platform, which allows more flexibility to multitask and make edits. Ideally, I don't want to be hopping from app to app.

monday.com and Asana