Resource Guru

The fast, flexible way to schedule teams and projects

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Bill
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it...

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Pros

Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

Cons

I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

PJ
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pros

Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Cons

While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects.

There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost.

Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it.

Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

Resource Management

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Resource Guru offers a more professional looking service with the ability for our field engineers to sync their schedule to their own calendar service.

Google Sheets
Isabella

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc.

I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed.

I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

Marc

Kudos

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

Leticia

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Basecamp, ClickTime and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Nancy

Resource Guru Review

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Pros

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Cons

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

Jeremie

The best stand alone solution for resource management

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

Pros

UX is awesome
Simplicity of the solution.

Cons

The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime).

The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jeremie

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :)

When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Please let us know if we can help further :)

Jon

Useful too for transparency across teams

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Saviom

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

Russ
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Awesome Tool for Resource Management

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pros

Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Cons

I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Timothy
  • Industry: Media Production

Intuitive and efficient resource management software

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Pros

The best part about Resource Guru is the reporting system. Given how fuss-free the management tools are to use, the reporting system is the proverbial icing on the cake, as it aggregates all your available data in one easy to use panel. Not to mention, it is so intuitive to use and has such a remarkably low barrier to entry, that I onboarded all my team managers in a single day, and have never looked back.

Cons

Some parts of the UI look a bit dated, like the "adding resources" panel, but it's honestly not a big deal because you only use it once when adding your resources, and hardly touch it ever again.

Other than that, changing the default working hours is a bit tedious, but again - do it once and you never need to adjust it again.

Basecamp, Float and monday.com

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Timothy

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that we have some enhancements planned for the Resources section, which I hope you'll be pleased to see when they're released!

Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

If you have any other questions or feedback at any point, please don't be a stranger. We love to help and we're always keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

Sonia

Easy to use high level planning tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Asana

Google Docs
Emma
  • Industry: Design

Amazing software that's incredibly useful for our Studio team

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

We as a team absloutely love using RG, we use it on a daily basis and it really has transformed the way in which we work as a team, making us more collaborative and organised.

Pros

Can't believe how cheap this software is and all the built in capabilities! It's great, we are a team of 7 and this has helped us with our project management bookings.

You can clearly see what work is booked in over the weeks/months and allows you easily to move stuff round.

Cons

I would like there to be an option to have specific colours per clients. It would also be good if it retained hours per project. For example we have big animation projects in that are broken down into sketches, moodboard, animation etc and would be good to have some sort of log if the time gets moved.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Emma

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps

Also task dependencies are firmly on our roadmap for the future, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet; but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

Piper
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect for small business

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Overall we love it and it works perfectly for our small company (i.e., 35 people)

Pros

The software is intuitive and very useful for scheduling people to travel on projects, indicate time off, and let people know where you are each day.

Cons

I don't like that you can't organize your resources on your own. They are all alphabetical so we have to put the same letter at the beginning of each person in a group so they are grouped together on the schedule. Not a huge deal but seems a little odd for that the be the default and can't change it.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Piper

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We do have plans to let you reorder your resources in future, so I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available.

In the meantime there are a couple of options. You can use custom fields and filters to display only the resources you're interested in. This is great if you want to focus in on specific teams, for example. You can read more about using custom fields here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942058-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more And learn about filtering resources here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources

The alternative option to put numbers at the start of your resource's names in order to group them on the schedule you currently use already and I hope it helps for now!

If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please just let me know!

Patrick
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Solved the Scheduling Problem

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

It has been an excellent experience. I brought resource guru to my current company after experiencing it as a project manager at another consulting firm.

Pros

The ability to filter, sort, and visualize resource assignments across 50+ individuals with a variety of technical abilities has helped remove a lot of the pain in managing geographical diverse field crews

Cons

I would like the ability to see 4-6 months on the screen at once. Instead of individual blocks for each day, I would like to see each block represent one week (a zoom out option).

Some projects are 1-5 days, while a lot of assignments are 3+ months.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Patrick

Thanks for leaving your feedback! I'm pleased to say you can achieve viewing the Schedule in a weekly or monthly way is firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime I would advise you to try using the Browser zoom together with the zoomed in view in the Schedule:

Depending on your browser, you will find the zoom in different locations but usually it's under the menu item "View" or you use the shortcut "Cmd" (Mac) / "Ctrl" (PC) and "+/-/0".

I hope this helps but if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

Tom

Brilliant, intuitive platform with top class customer support

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

It has turned something we used to do slowly and manually into something done in seconds.

Pros

It looks great, the daily update emails are really helpful, it's very easy to use and the reporting is incredibly useful

Cons

I wish there were more features, especially around putting in (and being able to export) a project timeline with milestones. This would mean you could see the duration of a project and its different phases, then see all the resources booked underneath. I would also love a mobile app!

Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Float's pricing structure is ridiculous - there is no help for a small company

Float

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Resource Guru is intuitive and pleasant to use. it's also much easier and makes more sense.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Tom

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Milestones, project phases and a dedicated mobile app are firm features on our roadmap, so I've made a note to contact you once they get released :)

If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please don't hesitate to reach out!

Simon

Couldn't run the team without it

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pros

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Cons

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Microsoft Teams and eResource Scheduler

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.
Spencer
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great scheduling app for teams

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Cons

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

Glenn
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Fantastic Tool

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

It's just great. It's made my role so much easier.

Pros

The ease of use. It's helped me create buy-in among other departments internally with regards to schedule-driven process, whilst enabling everyone to maintain a proactive view on our resourcing capabilities (which ultimately informs everything else from our commercial functions, employment plans, etc).

Cons

I'd maybe tidy-up the 'Project' and 'Clients' tabs a little bit. Maybe introduce some filters to help you search for groups of each? That's about my only complaint, and it's not a big one by any means.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Glenn

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's great to hear that Resource Guru has made your role so much easier :)

I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release filtering in the Projects/Clients sections in future, so I'd recommend signing up to our newsletter in the footer of our homepage (https://resourceguruapp.com/) if you haven't already. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this helps :) Please don't be a stranger if you have any other questions or feedback at any point.

Thanks!

Jane
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Value for money and SO easy to use

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Pros

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Cons

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

Ross
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Daily Resource Guru user

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Pros

My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Cons

No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

Markus

Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Pros

We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility
Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Cons

There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online!

and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Markus

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru

Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Lara

Review from a user perspective

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pros

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Cons

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

George

Resource Guru Overall Review

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Overall a great app. Has certainly improved my time management abover all else. This app really enables me to keep on track of my workload and stay organised in the fast paced agency. Very useful indeed and couldnt work without it.

Pros

As an account executive for a design agency, being able to shcedule resource is a key part of my daily activites. RG is super easy to navigate and makes scheduling my work really efficient. I use it every day and it makes my work management a whole lot easier. An email first thing in the morning shows what I have scheduled for the day so I can be prepared for the days bookings. The dashboard also enables me to see what Ive got in for the day which is great. I can easily cancel, edit and add new bookings with just a couple of clicks. Using the different colour schemes also enables me to see who on my team has bookings so if i ever need to edit a booking, I kow who to speak too on my team. Overall, I would highly recommend this app too anyone as its super intuitive and no training is really needed! Perfect for anyone in client services.

Cons

Nothing to improve from my point of view. I havent used all the features off the app so no comments on ways to improve.

Ben
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great resourcing software. So easy to use.

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Has helped immensely with staff resourcing and maximising utilisation.

Pros

The visual interface and ease to move (drag and drop) staff bookings around.

Cons

Not having a search feature within Projects field.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Ben
Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We do have plans to let you reorder your projects in future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. In the meantime, you could put numbers at the start of your projects names in order to group them on the schedule.

Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do to help :)

Elom
  • Industry: Accounting

Resource Guru - RMT

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Cons

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)