Workday HCM

4.4 (1,348)
An HCM system that adapts to what comes next.

(1,348)
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.2/5
4.3/5

Kelly
Kelly
  • Industry: Restaurants

Workday helps our company recover payroll benefits

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

We are currently implementing Workday HCM across the organization for onboarding, benefits, staffing, time monitoring and absence management. We will be enabling the administrator self-management feature shortly. We will appreciate the ease of navigation and module features we started with Workday. I have previously used three workforce management systems - PeopleSoft, UltiPro and ADP. I consider Workday to be the Cadillac of such systems. In just six months, we have corroborated that the choice of HCM, benefits and payroll system was the right one. We liked the fact that all customers received the same version of the program and that there were partial semi-annual updates. The customization is in the business procedures that the delivering application creates within the system you have been given. No "bolts on". Another big plus for their team managers was visibility, and we appreciated the way security is role-based.

Pros

Our first experience was open enrollment last year. Those who tried it, stated that it was very simple and easy to use, Workday's interface. Accountability and visibility for absence monitoring. Managers have the ability to look at each team member's time off, as well as each team member's balance. Our company encourages employees to control their personal information and gives them the ability to set up and assign by pay type their direct deposit, federal and state withholding. In addition, everyone has a different perspective on their payroll, focusing primarily on salaries.

Cons

Out of the room, we didn't know what we didn't know. It took about 4 months to work out some of the personality issues and link the pieces together. Know how business processes affect each component individually. Some components are very finicky. In order for the system to work properly, there needs to be someone who is the in-house maintenance and troubleshooting specialist.

Kendall
  • Industry: Hospitality

Using Workday streamlines organizational tasks

Reviewed on 21/07/2023

When it comes to human capital management, Workday HCM is hard to beat. It's easy to learn, has a wide range of useful features, and won't break the bank. You may get information on employees, recruits, payroll, and more with the use of this platform.

Pros

Many businesses struggle with adaptability, but Workday distinguishes out thanks to its intuitive design. In comparison to the MIS we used before, I found it to be pretty engaging. In my perspective, Workday can be integrated with a wide range of third-party programs. The internal hiring process is also simplified.

Cons

Workflow integration severely restricts its flexibility in terms of making global adjustments or edits. It's hard to navigate because items are split and there are too many action item tabs. It is challenging to acquire or develop individualized reports.

End user - Used for Time-sheets, Payslips, && Time off requests

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

This application has so much potential. The opening page of it is so user friendly. After that though everything gets so confusing. There are so many different windows that open and the site is really difficult to navigate. Half the time I want to find information, I get lost trying to find it and completely forget what I was looking for in the first place. Hopefully as time progresses they will find ways to integrate more user-friendly methods to use the information.

Pros

- Pretty UI
- Convenient that all these things (Time-sheets, payslips, && Time off) are in the same place
- Has tremendous potential

Cons

- Haven't found a way to contact the company to suggest improvements
- After you submit a time-off request, no easy way to undo it.
- After you have removed a time-off request, looking at PTO requests you see ALL of the actions you took (request time, remove time off request) && it isn't just for one day EX) A normal workday is split into two sections (before && after lunch). So 4 in total if you took a day then cancelled it.
- After you fill out your time-sheet && save it. You have to go to a separate tab to submit it. (You need to know to do that, there is not a link to it after you save the time-sheet.) This should be on the same page for a clearer flow.
- The entries for the actual time-sheet are huge. There should be a smaller plain view that is easier to fill out.
- If you click fill from scheduled time it does not automatically un-check your Requested PTO days so you might accidentally charge x2 time for that day. (Regular && PTO)
- Paid Time Off is not intuitive. It asks you what date you want to know the pro-rated Accrued Time Off is. If you could just have a simple information sheet that says Total for 2019 (or whatever year), Accrued so far, used time off, planned time off, left over.
- Pay Slips are not intuitive: To see your pay slip you have to click "Print", then it says it will notify you when it is ready. Then you have to open the PDF of it. It should just display beside the dates, forward && back buttons would be a plus.

Umang
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Good valuable tool for your HR and Human Capital management

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

- Overall, good and useful tool for all your Human Resources and Recruiting business needs

Pros

- Good overview of your total benefits
- Different sections for Payroll, HR, Career, Performance, Time off etc.
- Ease of use and simple user interface

Cons

- Requires some training for new users as it could be some work for people to navigate thru in first round

Sarah

Increase HR and payroll compliance and daily efficiency

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Post-sandbox testing, Workday can update and release software. This sandbox environment allows me to try things out, observe what happens, and then fine-tune my procedures. Many issues are resolved because to Workday's ability to notify workers of pending tasks and make information about those tasks readily available to them.

Pros

If you're familiar with the system and its customizations, you should be able to accomplish just about anything using Workday. I really like how workday can be used to both investigate past company procedures and improve current ones. After years of using ADP, I have concluded that Workday is the superior HR software.

Cons

In my opinion, the time it takes to find and interview potential candidates is too long. While Workday's learning resources are excellent, I do wish they provided more configuration-specific instruction.

Hussein

A Secret experts use to save time for away from job activities.

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

I am happy. I can concentrate on my life away from official job while Workday HCM gets the job done with high level of dependability.

Pros

I decided to keep Workday HCM for several reasons. First, I wanted to go smart with technological payroll handling, processing, audits and flexibility over workday payroll. Second, I wanted a software with more robust approach to job and the goals I have. It has driven my ambitions positively towards achieving them.Third, I wanted a balance between work and my personal life. I can now concentrate more on matters away from official job.

Cons

Pleasure to comment that I have none. Nothing in the features I like least. I find everything helpful and up to standards.

Amanda
Amanda

All employee data and documents are secure

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

There were far too many overlapping databases. Our answer to reducing system complexity and utilization was to use Workday. In general, it has been useful in reducing instances of duplicate data.

Pros

Workday has so many features and capabilities that it has completely superseded a number of other programs. The ability to complete the entire hiring procedure during normal business hours was a welcome bonus. Employee records and other paperwork can be stored securely.

Cons

Not that I actively detest it, but locating specific products has always been a challenge. The former, in addition to a search that is occasionally sluggish and glitchy, can completely ruin my mood.

Mihail
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Approved game changer software. Workday HCM is an effortless treasure.

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Efficient and profound. Try Workday HCM for excellence, flexibility and transparency. I am a happy user.

Pros

I can talk about the benefits of Workday HCM all day. It is very efficient and reliable tool. It has given us control over activities revolving around payroll, payroll audits and payroll calculations. Workday HCM is also very user-friendly and easy to use. One unique feature about Workday HCM is the urgency it treats my work with. It is quite fast and accurate.

Cons

Cheers to the good work Workday HCM. I am contented with what it offers. I cannot complain.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Workday HCM software

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Fantastic product that gave me all the insights I needed into my team. I was easily able to onboard and verify to-do documentation.

Pros

Value. One simple word. Workday's HCM platform is the Bentley of HR software. It's easy to use and provides incredible insights to employee and company data

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to maneuvering through the product. Our implementation took several months and the transition wasn't as smooth as we had hoped.

ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

ROI, the value that came from selecting Workday as a full ERP.
Glenda May

First time Workday user

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Overall, as a Finance Lead, it helps me check and manage my teams' individual goals as well as my goals. It helps check their progress and set up a follow up when needed. I think soon, we will fully utilize it.

Pros

Workday has been introduced to us in 2021 by our company but we did not get to use it until recently, April 2023. I think they are working on some mapping, hence the delay. We started using the Workday for our Employee Performance Management and I can say first-hand that it is easy to use. At first, during our training, we thought it's a bit complicated but doing in actually is not. Can easily input goals and track progress.

Cons

So far, none because we are just starting to use it.

Patrick J

Experienced Architect Required for Success

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

I have configured Workday daily, for the past 7 years. I have configured every module from payroll to benefits to recruiting and you'll be hard-pressed to find another Workday expert with as much experience as me.

Pros

Workday is the best HCM software in THE world. Nothing and I mean nothing is superior. We can argue about the competency of individual modules, especially payroll, but as a core HCM platform, no other software can compete. Anybody that says otherwise does not know what they're talking about. Anybody that complains about usability is probably not working with a quality Solutions Architect. To successfully implement and maintain this application, it is absolutely required that you employ at least one experienced, rockstar Solutions Architect. The application is expensive and is crucial that you fully leverage all of the technology that the app offers. Use its sophisticated features to optimize your HR department.

Cons

Workday knows that they have a real gem here. As a result, their attention to customer support has consistently declined as the popularity of the application has increased. Unless you're a major client oh, you're not going to get good customer support. What do I mean by a major client? I'm talking about the Google's the Facebook's the Adobe's, and even then, the support can leave something to be desired. And I'm speaking as someone who has worked at one of the aforementioned. An HR executive once told me that starting with work day was like being given the keys to a fancy new Ferrari but not even being shown how to start the car. Also, just because they work for workday doesn't mean they know what the hell they're talking about. The popularity has grown so has their staff. Obviously, some of these staff members are incompetent. I have experienced this firsthand and I assure you that it is frustrating when the so-called Workday SME is significantly less experienced than yourself. And this was at a time when I was fairly green. I have had to clean up confusingly complex convoluted implementations, after the fact. While I appreciate the job security, this is not a great way for any company to begin a relationship with their customer. We all know that a popular software can quickly be overtaken by a newer, better product. Workday is vulnerable here and somebody could exploit it.

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

We had the budget and the buy-in to procure the absolute best HCM product available in the market, and Workday is that product.
Nadezhda

Outstanding Experience with Workday HCM

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Overall, I have had a great experience with Workday HCM. It provides a comprehensive and powerful platform to manage employee data and gain valuable insights from analytics.

Pros

Workday HCM provides an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive interface which makes it easy to navigate and manage employee data. Its powerful analytics capabilities allow us to gain invaluable insights into our workforce.

Cons

Workday HCM can be slow and unresponsive at times, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot issues.

Cathy

Sad to not have Workday

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Overall, Workday is a good product with good support.

Overall, Workday is a good product with good support.

Pros

Workday was easy to navigate and very intuitive. A new employee could come in that was unfamiliar and quickly be up-to-speed. We had several upgrades, each making the process better each time.

Cons

We could not be on our own cloud, making the organization more vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Lauren
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Workday - Powerful but Complicated (The Double-Edged Sword)

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

The best thing about Workday is its ability to work across countries and functions with immense power and customizability, while maintaining a workforce database and recruiting functions that are critical to a complex and ever-shifting employee base.

Pros

Workday is a powerful platform that seems able to do it all from an HR standpoint...and if it can't do it, the open API allows for seemingly-endless integration with platforms like LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, eVerify, and more.It's an excellent employee database and application tracking system, and once you understand the platform's organization and process, it's a powerful tool that can replace countless programs within an organization.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing intuitive about the program. Our organization is admittedly large and complex enough to further complicate the system, but the learning curve is so steep that we have to constantly create and update a Workday Wiki, and create a series of training videos to help staff learn their specific tasks.Part of that is due to the extreme customizability of the platform, which is a double-edged sword.We have an entire IT team whose sole purpose is to program, troubleshoot, and fix Workday issues. My role often requires me to support HR generalists and Managers in their use of the platform, and report the almost-weekly issues that arise from back-end changes.

Kayla
  • Industry: Banking

Best HCM Option

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Great HCM. By far the best I have worked with in my HR career.

Great HCM. By far the best I have worked with in my HR career.

Pros

Workday is not perfect, but it is the best HCM software that I have used. You can integrate almost every aspect of HR into one platform. The employee self service is easy to use.

Cons

It can be time consuming / a big lift to implement and deploy new modules within Workday, especially if you don't have a knowledgeable Workday team dedicated to the project. I have worked on small Workday implementation teams where we learned as we went along (it's painful) and I have worked with Workday consultants who do all of the work. I highly recommend hiring experts for the implementations. You are paying a lot for the software and want to make sure it is setup properly and getting the full value.

Vatan

Workday Lifts your HR process

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

It has been great

It has been great

Pros

Almost everything. time tracking, recruitment, employee onboarding, alerts, approvals, etc

Cons

Can customise and improve the Q&A forms. Provide more flexibility

greytHR and Workpro HR

Reasons for Choosing Workday HCM

Workday and its vast range of features

Oracle PeopleSoft

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

Features offered were very good
Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Workday HCM, a victory in managing workforce.

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Generally the experience with Workday HCM has been so beneficial to the entire organization both the employees and to the performance of our organization. It allows us to have well managed and orchestrated workforce which leads to us getting optimum results from all our work especially matters community awareness and development.

Pros

A valuable aspect about Workday HCM that we have really benefited from is how flexible it is as this allowed us to set it up in way that it perfectly matched with our nature of work. It allows us to get more productive results from individuals by aligning someones capabilities with the right kind of work roles. It has very reliable insights about workers which makes it easy to offer excellent work conditions which benefits both the company and the employee.

Cons

Despite Workday HCM being such an important product for managing workforce, all this comes at a cost. Also the user interface could be improved to get more intuitive.

• Industry: Legal Services

Powerful, but cumbersome

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Powerful tool, but there is a huge middle ground between basic and pro users that need to understand how the platform works that have no access to training materials and little support from Workday itself. Has a lot of potential, but marred by clunky and antediluvian UX

Pros

Reporting - almost limitless functionality in terms of getting reports on salient information. Can pull just about anything, and as long as the data is clean at point of entry, it will come out in an Excel file very readable and easy to read
Linear Process Maps - particular processes are very well laid out and structured if done right the first time around
Employee landing page - bright, vibrant, presentable

Cons

Cumbersome - quite slow. Redundant graphics slow down page transitions, reports take a long time to pull if you are looking for a fairly normal size file, some processes can turn into roundabouts
Navigation - back buttons for some, but not all pages, which doesn't make sense (have to go back to home page if you click through to the wrong area). No real logic to how hyperlinks work in platform, leading to rabbit holes while trying to follow a papertrail to its conclusion

Ryan
Ryan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Pros

1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc.
2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc.
3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons

1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools.
2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity.
3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

Brittany

Workday is not user friendly.

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Overall, I feel like this program is not worth the money. It's wasted a lot of time for HR and our scheduler to manually enter everything following down time. The lack of ease of use for our employees has led us to switch to a new program.

Pros

Workday organizes sections by tabs. It's easy to navigate and find what you are looking for with regards to your personal information, benefits, pay, tax forms, etc.

Cons

The software is not user friendly. While it is easy to navigate between tabs and find things, it is NOT easy to enter information in these tabs. Generally, it requires contacting some form of support in order to change any information. This was a company wide problem, which is why we chose to switch to a new scheduling and business platform.

Workday has frequent down times. Scheduled every Friday for about 10 hours. This requires us to manually enter in any information (clock in/clock out) that would normally be easily done in Workday. This becomes a huge hassle when you have several hundred employees. It takes HOURS.
There are also frequent random down times throughout the month without warning.

Adam
Adam

Fantastic software for all of your HR solutions

Reviewed on 16/01/2022

Expense reports are the main thing I use Workday for. The biggest benefit is how straightforward it is for a manager to review the expense reports entered by an employee, with the possibility of delegates designated for managing the expense reports for the manager. System also works very well for time off management and business trip reimbursement management.

Pros

I like the simplicity of entering expense reports, which can even be done by scanning the receipts by your phone. Everyone can do this easily by mobile app or web based application. Workday is very complex and contains all your HR data including your pay and position, and you can easily see things like your career progress and your CV. The system is connected to our Microsoft Accounts solutions and works very well alongside of it.

Cons

The system is sometimes working slower than you'd like. Currency conversion could be improved, as of right now it's easier for accounting purposes to find the current conversion rate at the national bank and use the conversed amount. The software could go a little faster, with bigger number of expense reports, the system slows down and it's harder to input new data into the system. However, this can be momentarily fixed by creating more reports instead of one huge one.

Gerardo
Gerardo
  • Industry: Market Research

Allows companies to have better control of their capital

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Functions that allow complete administrations of professionals as well as their management, understands that human capital is necessary and fundamental in the growth of the company

Pros

This is a financial solution that is strategically thought of in management solutions in many areas of the company. This tool allows human resources to be managed and more processes that help to take actions based on real and exact data provided by this solution, its functions. allows business strategies to be more precise and practical for the organization

Cons

I like it and I have not had bad experiences since the beginning of using this tool

Jarrett
  • Industry: Consumer Services

User friendly payroll software

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

Pros

Keeping track of your time as well as available PTO time is very easy. Reviewing available open positions in one system. Payroll and W-2 tracking is very quick and easy especially if you need to make a change as well as goal tracking.

Cons

I haven’t found a part of this software that I didn’t like

Abby

Best HR Tool for the End-User

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Workday has all the HR resources and tools I use regularly at my fingertips. As an employee, I really appreciate that I don't have to track someone in HR down when I need access to a paystub, W2, or timesheet because everything is provided for me within Workday.

Pros

As an end-user of Workday, I love having everything I need from an HR perspective in one easy to use tool. Within the platform, I am able to track time, see paystubs, manage benefits, find certain resources or email addresses. I have worked at other companies that have provided the same resources but across several different platforms which made any HR related task very difficult for employees. Additionally, since our company has implemented Workday, I have received my pay on a consistent schedule on the same day of the week at the exact same time which is very helpful for budgeting purposes.

Cons

The user interface leaves much to be desired from a design perspective but it is clean and easy to navigate. The platform will sometimes glitch when adding time and submitting timesheets which has caused an issue for me in the past.

Shaun

Integral Focal Point of the business Eco System

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

Workday is paramount to our business and will continue to be the focal point for all of our HR data and workflows. As we look towards moving to software that plugs into Workday our internal systems should become more and more integrated with Workday playing an important role in this eco system.

Pros

Workday is a software with endless possibilities and stands as an important cornerstone of our internal HR eco system.

Cons

The only gripe I have is how user customisation isn't that easy to achieve even with an internal administrator, the software can do a lot of clever processes but quite often we need to pay for additional development to achieve this.