Cloudflare

4.3/5

Abhik
Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Most secure content delivery network for website of any size

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

I'm using Cloudflare for years and never faced any significant issue. I'm overall happy with their product and services.

Pros

Cloudflare allows many advance features even for free users. Like DNSSEC in Cloudflare DNS, Cloudflare proxy, I'm under attack mode and so on. Further, ClouFlare optimizes the content of the hosted websites by minifying codes and make websites a lot faster.

Cons

Cloudflare free plan and even the business plan doesn't allow users to bring their own SSL certificates. This is a very basic and necessary feature. To upload custom SSL you need to purchase an enterprise plan with a $200/month rental, which is quite costly.

CDN, Internal Network Security, WAF. Cloudflare does it all

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

My overall experience with Cloudflare has been amazing. While their support can be frustrating at times with making you go around in circles understanding the issue, in the end, they get things solved, and will often pass you up the chain to their Tier 2 support to have a personal connection to try and get things sorted.

Pros

When we first used Cloudflare as our CDN, we discovered brilliance. Finally a CDN for everyone, with a freemium model to get your services round the globe at a fraction of the cost of everyone else. Be careful though, once you're in this freemium model, you're soon diving deep into all of their features where you're MORE than happy to hand over the money. From Network and Device security in Cloudflare for Teams to WAFs, easy to use page rules, Tunnelling, and optimisations for delivery across the network, you're soon using it all and using it all without the need for large IT teams to get it set up.

Cons

A few downsides, which are all related, is somethings things aren't quite working and you're not sure why. It seems the features of the system grew massively and more quickly than they were expecting and their UI and UX didn't keep up. Once you get on the chat and they explain what's going on, it's easy to fix, however for the moment, it can be confusing to try and figure it out yourself.

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

We chose Cloudflare purely on price, and we've not really looked back
Chineke

Security for Website

Reviewed on 26/06/2021

I needed to secure my new website and stumbled upon Cloudflare after searching Capterra. Connecting my site to the platform was easy since they guided me virtually every step of the way. After a while of working well, I started receiving emails about my site being down, it came up after some time, and continued in that circle for a couple of days. I just had to disconnect my site from the platform, since it was just a company blog and left it like that.

Pros

It's a good thing that you can access some of their features for free and secure your website. Their regular feedback to my email is also very communicative of them. Navigating the website is also quite easy and the follow up each step of the way helps users interact quite seamlessly with the site

Cons

As much as we want protection for our sites, we also want the site to be accessible. My website started showing a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error, to which I contacted customer support, got a quick response but could not find a solution to my problem there.

An excellent CDN provider with a freemium model

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

All in alll a very solid experience. It has been ages that I have even considered searching for an alternative because I never had to.

Pros

I am an absolute fan of Cloudflare because of a few reasons. They offer so much in their freemium plan that it seems too good to be true and to me honestly that has been their best selling point. Love their service and their network. The setup for the CDN is pretty simple. The onboarding process and adding the website are pretty simple and intuitive. They have only improved their service over the past couple of years.They have direct integrations with third-party providers like cPanel so at times adding a website is just as simple as a single click which is awesome.

Cons

Their support has not been the fastest in terms of turnaround times but due to covid and all, I think we can definitely cut them some slack in that department.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Pricing and existing third-party integrations available with Cloudflare were a major reason for the switch.
Ade

Highly Recommended for Website Speed Optimization and Security

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Cloudflare has helped us to optimize and secure a lot of websites for both our clients and personal businesses. The experience so far has been great.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of features that can help optimize any website speed and performance, it also offers free security tools to protect website from popular cyber attacks.Some of the features I use frequently on cloudflare includes, the free SSL certificate to encrypt data from the host to cloudflare network and to the browser of the user.The content delivery network feature, web caching, Speed tools and protection services against hackers. Above all, most of these features on cloudflare are free to use, no charges at all, and they are very easy to setup. The extra features that are not free are also very affordable.

Cons

I have no complains since I have been using their service. It is really a great tool.

Jetpack

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

Cloudflare is easier to use and it comes with a lot of features for free.
Nicolas
  • Industry: Sports

Secure Domain Registration & Management via CloudFlare

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

Overall, CloudFlare is a tools that is critical to the proper functioning at the company: managing our DNS records, securing connection to our websites and generating analytics reports.

Pros

We've been using CloudFlare for more than 5 years and one of the recent features that I absolutely love is to be able to register and renew domain right within the CloudFlare dashboard. We no longer have to deal with the troubles of registering for domains at one location and managing the DNS / transferring to CloudFlare.

Cons

Customer support takes longer for clients in the lower paid tiers. I believe that a great company should provide support within a reasonable time-frame to all customer tiers.

Google Analytics 360 and Google Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

The alternative considered were more as complimentary solutions, not to replace the CloudFlare option.
Diego

One or the best CDNs!

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

Pros

The overall experience with them has been great. It’s not only simple to setup, but also they have a huge documentation library where you can get a lot of information: from them, compatibility with other softwares, best configurations, etc.

The results you get by just getting their free plan are more than enough for small-medium companies. Also, they hace more than 150 servers around the world, so the performance results are really great, even comparing with some other paid services.

Cons

Nothing to add here. My overall experience was really good. I never had an issue or had to get in touch with support. When ever I had a doubt, I was able to solve them just by checking their documentation library.

• Used for Free Trial

Solved me a GoDaddy DNS headache

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Excellent. The situation was that I was building a landing page for a client. I needed to connect their domain to my funnel builder and my client already bought a domain with GoDaddy.
I could not for the life of me point the domain properly. I even engaged GoDaddy support twice to help me resolve it (wasting hours).
I had a tech-savvy friend who recommended I try to bypass GoDaddy by using CloudFlare.
He walked me through somewhat on how to use it, and it worked like magic.

Pros

I loved the fact that it was free.
I loved the fact that they solved a problem for me with GoDaddy making things super difficult (as they do).

Cons

Nothing not to like, I have not had much experience with it, but the single reason I signed up for a free account solved a massive headache for me.

Ja'Keya

Amazing for email security

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Pros

I have been using Cloudflare for a year or so and this have been the best for keeping secure information while emailing my clients. I never had to worry about any information getting into the wrong hands. WILL CONTINUE TO USE

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about Cloudflare

Jazmine
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Cloudflare

Reviewed on 17/06/2024

Pros

I love that cloud flare keeps everything safe and helps ensure you wont get cyber attacked/hacked

Cons

The loading up process was the most difficult

• Industry: Automotive

Cloudflare is a poor-mans' dream for Content Delivery Optimization

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

Very positive. If you're running a website or web services and you don't have the big bucks to scale with Azure/AWS, then consider these guys. They very seldom let you down.

Pros

What's not to love about it? It has some of the cheapest and fastest content delivery tools on the planet. It has a free tier if you're just a cheapskate, but the paid tiers are pretty modestly priced among industry competitors. There are basic security filters in place and a few other optimizations for regional support (they have more data centers than most others with less latency). Their DNS/Name services resolve quickly and with fewer disconnects.

Cons

Support is kind of a chore, just because they have so many customers. I think it's something they're getting better at though.

Matt

Cloudflare is the best DNS proxy there is.

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

I love Cloudflare and every issue I have found has been amendable in one way or another, for this reason my overall experience has been amazing!

Pros

Cloudflare offers such a large range of tools, it is so useful for all websites. Load balancing to SSL, they really do have all I have ever needed. The ability to manage the DNS for all of my domains from one place has always been extremely useful. Their proxy functions to enable always HTTPS and SSL security certificates allows me to ensure that my website never displays as anything other than a secure padlock in the address bar. The ability to use workers to run serverless functions is another powerful tool available to all users which I simply cannot get enough of, it's so powerful! Email forwarding options allow me to have my email address on a branded domain while avoiding the costs of resource heavy email inboxes. Cloudflare's newly released registrar is empowering to me and so many other businesses, being able to register domains at cost price allows me to save money every time I register a domain and better protect my branding.

Cons

Unfortunately Cloudflare does have it's negatives, but everything does. It's disappointing that there is not a way to reverse the email forwarding back by sending a response through the forwarder to use the branded address, although I am aware there are workarounds for this. The error pages for server errors and suspicious activity also often aren't the best looking but they are functional nonetheless.

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Cloudflare - A name you can trust for speed, security and a robust network!

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Google searches have proven that if users don't see a webpage within 2 seconds of clicking a link, they never visit the website again. With Cloudflare, not only do users see my webpage within a second of clicking a link, they are also incentivized to look around and in doing so, find more content that they might be interested in. This has increased user retention for my website, while also helping sign up new users to the mailing list to keep an active pool of engaged users.

Pros

For anyone starting out in the world of web development, setting up and using a CDN can be a very daunting task. This is where Cloudflare comes in. With a streamlined setup process and straightforward controls, you will be set up and ready to go within minutes of signing up for an account. For 90% of users out there, the free version provides above and beyond what you will require from a CDN. With additional DDoS protection, a strong firewall and extremely fast caching, it takes your website from being about average to one of the best on the market. Some websites can experience load times that are anywhere between 2x and 10x faster.

Cons

Being limited to 3 page rules is one thing where Cloudflare feels like it could fall short on. 5 would've been a nice number. But if you can get a little technical with how URLs work in general, you can combine multiple rules into one, giving in essence more than 3 page rules.

Manish Singh
Manish Singh

Enhancing Website Security, Performance, and Reliability: A Positive Experience with Cloudflare

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Cloudflare is well-regarded as a comprehensive solution for enhancing website security, performance, and reliability. Also, it's free SSL for beginner's websites.

Pros

Cloudflare offers a comprehensive suite of security services, including DDoS protection, web application firewall, bot management, SSL/TLS encryption, etc. These features help to protect websites and applications from a range of threats, including hacking attempts, malware, and phishing scams.Cloudflare's global network of data centres and content delivery network (CDN) can improve website and application performance by reducing latency and delivering content faster. Cloudflare's load balancing and caching features can also help to distribute traffic across multiple servers, improving overall performance and availability.Cloudflare's user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for businesses to set up and manage their security, performance, and reliability services.

Cons

While Cloudflare offers a free tier with basic features, more advanced features and services are expensive. I am concerned about the amount of data Cloudflare collects about my websites, particularly if they handle sensitive or confidential information.

Got website? you need cloudflare!

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

Pros

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

Cons

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

Viktoria

An effective solution to keep your website secure and fast

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I use Cloudflare to protect and cache all of the websites I ever made for my company or for our clients. Primarily we use it for caching, which sped up our websites by a factor of 10. We also use it to gather information on bandwidth usage, and to make sure we are protected from attacks we can always use it to put our websites in defensive modes. It is an amazing tool I would recommend to everyone working on websites who needs a good cache system.

Pros

The sheer number of features offered by Cloudflare is astonishing! Even if you use it primarily for the cache, it is still an amazing tool that gives a lot and asks for just a little. There are no websites that I run that are not on Cloudflare and I plan on keeping it that way.

Cons

The clean cache button is hidden in a tab while it should not be. It feels like it was put there just to encourage people to pay for the service as the first tab that opens is the one that offers a paid for service and contains only a sentence and a button. I hated when they did that and hope they soon fix it. It feels like a cheap cash grab and does not feel like it belongs to such a respectable and high-quality service.

Best way to get SSL + CDN for free!

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Absolutely amazing CDN, SSL and best free solution to speed up your website to get a better ranking on google. so don't even think about it. just use it. you have my word :)

Pros

I love Cloudflare, it gives you what you're looking for without charging you anything. If you need to speed up your website by using content delivery network (CDN) you should try Cloudflare. It also gives you free SSL certificate for one year and it keeps renew your license itself every year. This is fantastic right? I actually use it on all the websites I design and I didn't see any platform doing it like Cloudflare.

Cons

One problem is the IP address. I know it's free but still! when I look up the IP addresses that Cloudflare provide, sometimes I see high risk IP addresses. I hope they monitor these better in the future.

Another problem is the cache, sometimes my websites doesn't load properly and I get back and forth on Wordpress and WP Rocket but the real problem is that I have to come back to Cloudflare and purge everything in cache in order to make it work again.

Rebecca

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Pros

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Cons

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

Andrew

Cloudflare is a “must have”

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Pros

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Cons

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

Alex
Alex

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores.

Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Cons

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Mohd Nubli
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

What an awesome software

Reviewed on 25/02/2023

Overall Cloudflare is a content delivery network (CDN) and cybersecurity that provides online services to protect and accelerate websites, apps and other internet properties. It offers various services including web acceleration, DNS management and various security services including distributed denial of service attack mitigation, web application firewall, bot mitigation and identity verification services.

Pros

Cloudflare is a high-performance global network. It offers secure and reliable services at competitive prices. In addition it offers powerful WAF and DDoS protection as well as an easy-to-use and user-friendly dashboard. Customizable DNS and caching plus advanced analytics and real-time analytics.

Cons

Caching may cause some website features to not load correctly. Also, the preparation can be complicated in some cases. Customization options are also quite limited, and costs can add up quickly depending on service level and usage.

Haradhan
Haradhan

Cloudflare is best and most useble solution for web security.

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

My overall experience was very good with Cloudflare just required me to choose any of their plans and connect multiple websites under their plan. Multiple security layers protect our site from cyber attackers not require any advanced knowledge for implementation with our system for our WordPress plugin available. Just plug the Cloudflare plugin and enjoy all those services.

Pros

Cloudflare actually improves our website uptime and from anywhere in the world our users visited our website they didn't feel more that this site is slow. For that, we always try to use Cloudflare under every project. This is the most reliable solution available in the market.

Cons

Cloudflare provided us with the best all-in-one solution for online security. We easily integrate our website with Cloudflare which enhances the security of our website. and in another way, it helps us to balance site load in an appropriate way all those things are too much easy to use.

Chris

Cloudflare makes managing multiple sites a breeze

Reviewed on 18/06/2022

Cloudflare has been a pivotal tool in helping me rebuild a client's website on a dev server and then quickly moving the new site live. It has changed that switchover from what was once a pain point to a simple copy and past of the new IP address.

Pros

Cloudflare makes it a snap to update DNS settings without the wait associated with other solutions. I can move a site to. new server or set-up a new subdomain instantly

Cons

The basic and most important features are affordable but the costs seem to escalate quickly at a certain point

Clifton Snyder

An absolute reliable and capable tool!

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Overall, Cloudflare has proven to be an exceptional ally in managing and securing our networks. Its robust features, user-friendly interface, and reliable performance make it a go-to tool for network administrators like me. I'm grateful for the peace of mind and enhanced control it brings to our digital infrastructure, allowing us to focus on what truly matters—driving our business forward.

Pros

Cloudflare apart is its robust security measures. With a wide range of security features, including DDoS protection, web application firewall, and SSL encryption, it acts as a formidable shield, warding off potential threats and keeping our systems safe from malicious attacks. The peace of mind that comes with knowing our network is fortified by such a reliable and capable tool is truly invaluable.

Cons

In all honesty, based on my experience, I haven't been able to find any drawbacks or cons when it comes to Cloudflare's services. It has consistently exceeded my expectations and delivered outstanding performance

Hashan
  • Industry: Animation

My Experience with Cloudflare

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website.
I was also able to protect my...

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website.
I was also able to protect my website's data because cloudflare encrypted my data by a SSL certificate.
And also I was able to grow my business with the help of cloudflare's analytical service.

Pros

Cloudflare is a web security flat form so I'm using it as the security provider for my website.
The thing that I most like about Clouflare is the enhancement and acceleration of the speed of my website ,
at initially my website took more than 5 seconds to load but after I stated using Clouflare the loading speed increased to 1.2 seconds and it also helped me to grow my SEO.
Another thing that I love about cloudflare is the web security provided by cloudflare, Cloudflare provided a SSL certificate to my website and encrypted my data and enhanced the security of my website. Because of this SSL certificate I was able to bring more clients into my website. So I can gladly clarify that the best web security provider is Clouflare.

Clouflare is doing the best when we are coming to reporting/analytics. Cloudflare's Analytical service helps my business to grow more because it shows us the all details of the user activities on my website.
so I love Cloudflare's analytical service.

Cons

In my experience I wasn't able to find any cons regarding cloudflare services because cloudflare team has developed cloudflare to the greatest point.