Acuity Scheduling Reviews

Acuity Scheduling

4.8 (5,614)
Write a Review!
Online appointment scheduling software and 24/7 assistant.

(5,614)
4.6/5

Cory
Cory
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Acuity Scheduling is my best pal

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

Overall, I love Acuity Scheduling, it's my right hand in this business I'm running by myself. It takes a huge load off of my plate.

Once things are set up - which can be as easy or a grueling as you want to make it - it's just a seamless part of my life and business.

Pros

I love the customizability of the software, I can integrate it with many programs, and I can make things super simple for my clients.

Cons

I've had several times where I've had to go delete a whole series of appointments and there's no easy option to delete an entire section of appointments.
For instance I had a series of webinars that were Group Appointments with several dates each. I decided to discontinue that program in lieu of a new direction and initiative for the company. I had to manually delete each one, typing DELETE each time. If I could delete an entire "category" of appointments, this would be much better.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity Scheduling was already available and easily integrated into my Squarespace website. This was good because I decided that I didn't want to create a website from scratch, rather I would use a "drag and drop" system with some customizability. It just so happened that Squarespace met my needs there, AND as a vital part of their services, they already had a scheduling application that I would receive a DISCOUNT on if I bought into their services. Squarespace, and of course Acuity Scheduling, were a "no-brainer" decision for me and my solo consulting business.
Melanie
Melanie

Standard of Excellence Within The Online Consulting World

Reviewed on 03/11/2023

If there is something I want to create within my services or ask during my client's scheduling process, I love that I can customize that within Acuity. The service truly offers everything you can think of to customize each step of the scheduling journey.

Pros

It's an all-in-one platform to show your calendar, allow booking, and take payments. Acuity really shines in its paid plans because then you can easily integrate features. It streamlines the booking process and saves time on your end. The Free plan can be effective if you have some alternative options for taking payments outside of the Acuity platform.

Cons

All of the integrations such as: sending reminder emails, accepting payment methods, syncing to your personal calendar, etc are all paid only features. The Free plan is okay to start but quite limited. The lowest-priced paid plan feels like too big of a step up for business owners who are setting up their business but not yet bringing in reliable income.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I like that Acuity is the standard within the industry of consultation services. I've booked with other astrologers, tarot readers, business consultants, and most everyone uses Acuity. It is a platform I was familiar with seeing and, therefore, I bet my clients will also have an easier time navigating the service, too.
Mirko

Planninga nd Booking Appoiments Made Easy

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

I like the ease of booking and planning appointments
Cancellation is easy and it supports use of mobile

Cons

It has been smooth thanks to Acuity Scheduling. No dislikes.

Emily
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Acuity Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Loved it, but Acuity is not with the times and the technology wasn't modern enough to continue to trust it and use it for our business.

Pros

I like how the admin has great control over the backend and has full use and capability. I also like the ability to brand everything.

Cons

It doesn't natively integrate with third-party calendars. We had to switch to Calendly solely because of this reason.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

At the time, I wasn't in charge of the switch from Calendly so I'm unsure. I just know that at that time Acuity fit our company better than Calendly, but now we've switched back to Calendly.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Unsure because I wasn't a decision-maker at the time. I believe it was because the admin features on the backend were far more developed than Calendly and admins had the complete control necessary.
Jerra L
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Acuity Scheduling has empowered salon professionals to deliver exceptional guest services

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Acuity Scheduling has helped us optimize our business. Offering appointment window by tracking when Iam available and letting my clients schedule then is magical. I also get notified through my email when a booking is made. And also the wait-list calendar has ensured we don't have colliding appointments which has proven to be paramount in embracing a hospitality driven approach to hair care.

Pros

As we continue transform our business by adopting tech solutions that personalize the guest or rather customer experience, Acuity Scheduling has been in the centre of this transformation. It's implementation process was a a quick fix that didn't affect the salon operations. It delivers a free trial that we utilized greatly for learning purposes to familiarize with it. Comes with a slick and straightforward UI that makes it user friendly without prior knowledge. Acuity Scheduling delivers a range of features that we have found very helpful in running our day to day beauty salon business. We are able to create appointments for the different services we offer while customizing it to including details like duration, prices, description and images to highlight those services. As a staff member Iam added in the acuity and it allows me to find upcoming appointments and manage booking. I have also managed to create my own calendar soo I can be booked personally and enables me enter the specific hours Iam a available which I have synced with my personal email for notifications and alerts. It is also easy to offer discounts for those diehard clients soo that we off some amount on their next appointment. Integrating it with stripe payments has streamlined the collection of online payment during booking and record payments made in person. Lastly tracking the use of Acuity Scheduling using the report functionality allows for improvement.

Cons

Acuity scheduling is the master of conveniences through coordinated bookings and salon appointments. The information available online and it's responsive technical team has ensured that our use experience has no hutches.

Peter

Great product!

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Pros

Easy to use and real time updates to your calendars!

Cons

Can be a little difficult to understand how to use the calendars at first . Had to search some Reddit forms.

SAROJBEN

Acuity Scheduling Review

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Pros

The most recognized feature of Acuity Scheduling is its capability to allow scheduling appointments conveniently while integrating with softwares such as Google Calendar easily.

Cons

If Acuity Scheduling were to send more follow ups to clients / patients prior to scheduled appointments via email or automated phone calls, it may improve the turnout percentage for the individuals. The goal should be to remind them of the date without forgetting to go.

Kristine Joy
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This is great app!

Reviewed on 05/05/2024

Pros

It is easy to use and it is very detailed that you won't get wrong.

Cons

So far it is very useful for me that I can reach my appointments and book anything in this app. no bugs so far.

Lauren

Acuity Scheduling

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Pros

Very useful tool, easy to learn and implement.

Cons

More video tutorials on how to use this tool

Carrie Lyn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Helpful easy scheduling!

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Pros

I liked the integration for payment and adding appointment to the calendar. It is all a streamlined process

Cons

I can't think of anything I would change! I've enjoyed using it so much scheduling my own appointments that I look forward to implementing it into my own business, over other competitors.

Julie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Over the Top Customer Service

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

I literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.

Pros

Ease of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!

Cons

That I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)

Khadejah
  • Industry: Design

I'm glad that I switched to Acuity

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

Pros

I love the features it offers. I love the fact that I'm given a page where I'm able to customize and add important information for my clients to see before booking. I love that it allows me to add coupon codes for my clients to use and let's me have different deposit types for different services. I also love that it has intake forms and offers Instagram and MailChimp integration, and allows me to customize the automatic e-mail confirmation. Its easy to use and makes things run much smoother for myself and clients. I was a die-hard Setmore user, but with all the features I needed and wasn't getting from them, Acuity had them all + more. I'm glad I switched.

Cons

The ONLY 2 issues I have so far is the fact that my clients can't book multiple services at once, I'd need to create add-ons, which makes things a bit harder for me, and the lack of customer support over the phone or live chat.

Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered more useful features

Setmore

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Book Like A Boss' pricing was confusing and they didn't have a book button with Instagram. I never actually got to try it out because I didn't think I would actually go ahead with purchasing their product due to those missing features.
Isis
  • Industry: Music

Acuity simplified my life in a BIG way!

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

I have solved setting up appointments, group class sign ups, managing wait lists, performance sign ups, volunteer sign ups, accurate meeting confirmation emails, collecting data from my customers when they sign up and so much more!

Pros

Once we started using this platform for booking appointments and classes for our music conference, I quickly realized that I could use it for the other music school I worked at as well as for myself for my podcast bookings. The more I use it, the more I realize how much time it has truly saved me from going back and forth emailing people, sending erroneous information out and my favourite part is that the people signing up for things have control of their bookings to change and modify without my help. It's taken so much administrative time off my plate. Honestly, it's been a huge win for a small business owner with a small team. The 1-1 meeting scheduler is by far the best and easiest I've seen.

Cons

The only thing I wish Acuity had, is a group class attendance list that isn't just a file download that I can share with others like my class assistants and interns in real time without sharing a login with them. This feature would make my life even better. But the way it is now, is still functional and totally useful for small businesses. The other feature I wish there was is Payment plans for large program packages.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity was easier to set up, nicer to look at and just all around a better deal!

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Wellnessliving does not allow you to collect user information on intake forms which is really silly for a program that robust otherwise. We do use both in one of my businesses because they have different strengths like payment plans.
Mylah
  • Used for 1-5 months

My’Lah’s Acuity Review

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

I haven’t had a bad overall experience with Acuity Scheduling. The app is very handy, it is efficient, it is customizable and made by me for me, and it is very confident for my clients.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is a great app! It is very convenient and has everything I need to make booking less complicated for my clients and easy for me to keep up with clients, dates, and prices. My favorite part of the app is that it gives me the space to customize my booking information. I can pick my choice of font, background colors, font colors, I can bullet point, and have all types of fun to make my booking app feel like my own and stand out from others. I love that the app sends confirmation emails with EVERYTHING my clients need to know which saves me time from having to send out messages and emails and constantly changing things.

Cons

What I don’t like about the app is that clients are only allowed to book (via Instagram or the link) using a paid plan. I feel that clients should be able to book through all social media platforms using the Acuity link whether the business owner has a paid plan or not, and that some app functions should be limited and only accessed by those who pay for it.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Square Appointments was a little difficult for me, it didn’t give me the option to accept deposits from my clients, it only allowed them to pay full price or to hold their card. I also didn’t like that I couldn’t customize my booking information and I had a limited amount of space to type. Though I did like that the Square Appointments software was 100% free, and you did not have to pay for your clients to book online/on social media.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

It gave me more freedom and a better space to be me. It offered more services and a better booking space.
Kristina

An Industry Leader for a Reason!

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Pros

The navigation and naming are intuitive, plus every step or field has an accompanying explanation so I can be sure I am using it properly! This means I was able to walk myself through Acuity without pressure or time waste of needing to consume a bunch of FAQs or webinars. The doing and learning happen simultaneously! Yet, there is also great support should I still have questions.

I also love that the features are built for real life. For example, being able to block off the hours and days you want to work, blocking off time before and after appointments so you are not rushed back-to-back, and having the private appointment type option for inviting clients to book after I’ve established a relationship, rather than having a free-for-all available on my website. I also love that pre-meeting questionnaires and action items can be added for clients to create workflows.

I love that they have a test client built in by default! Acuity has really thought of everything.

Finally, both the app and browser versions are excellent! Thank you for having a great app, Acuity!

Cons

I didn’t see a clear place to find all available integrations. Yet, I really don’t have any true cons.

Vagaro, Google Workspace, Microsoft 365 and Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity has more integrations with other software I am already using (e.g. Kajabi) and, probably most importantly, Acuity came recommended by successful business owners in my field. Then I used the free trial to get acquainted and Acuity had such a clean interface and easy-to-use system. The value is clear. I want to have administrative stability, simplicity and effectiveness in my business. Acuity offers that.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Recommended by successful peers + proven value and customer support through free trials. I also appreciated the free extensions for the trial when I hadn’t had time to dabble yet. This again showed that Acuity understands people and was committed to providing a valuable customer experience.
Elena

I can run my coaching business on it

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Overall, I love Acuity and I think the added features, such as products, recurring payments (memberships) and packages are great. I also love their layout, and I recommend it to each of my clients. Once they set it up, they save hours every week because they don't need to schedule or reschedule manually.

Pros

As a coach, I used to spend a lot of time booking appointments, sending manual reminders and followups. This software changed everything. I set up my availability and the frequency of sessions and then let people book their own appointments. There are group sessions available as well and you can even create and upsell different sessions and products. It's pretty easy to use, and I recommend it to all teachers I work with since it saves them so much time.

Cons

One of the things I'd like for them to change is how they track my availability. For instance, I set my availability as 2 sessions per day, several days a week. The software counts only private sessions as "sessions," and if I have a 2-hour group training (for instance), it doesn't pay attention to it and allows booking anyway, which is frustrating because I want the group sessions to count towards my daily availability and don't want people to book 2 private sessions and then having to do a group session. I've written to them about it twice and they said they would work on it. The temporary solution is to mark myself "unavailable" on the days when I do a group training, which isn't the most convenient thing.

Another thing is their affiliate program is now not working in the State where I am. This is disappointing because I always refer my clients to use Acuity and I used to get nice coffee money from it. Now I don't.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Before they became a Squarespace company, I fell in love with their story. The company felt more personable and had a character, unlike others. I enjoyed reading personal stories by the guy who started the company, and I loved their sense of humor that came through the copy. Right now it doesn't feel that way because they have been bought by Squarespace, but I hope they can still hire amazing copywriters that can keep that vibe.
Jennily
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great software to use especially for new businesses

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

My overall experience with Acuity has been nothing short of amazing. The software is easy to use. I still can’t find anything better then Acuity to handle my appointments.

Pros

Acuity has many many features that I enjoy using. My booking site can be customized the way I like which opens me up to being creative, the layout is not confusing to my clients, everything is clear to understand, adding services and add-ons are a breeze, I love the coupon code feature that they offer, I use it all the time.

Cons

The only thing I would like acuity to update is allowing my client to book two services at once on the same day. It’s a bit of a hassle having to creat add-ons for services that are already listed. Other then that it’s great.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered better options and is much easier to navigate.

Timely

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered the best features at a great price for my business.
Claire
  • Industry: Online Media

An Excellent Appointment Scheduling Solution

Reviewed on 08/04/2023

I have been using Acuity Scheduling for a few years now and it has been a great experience. It is easy to use and has all the features I need for my business. The customer service and support is excellent, so any problems I have can be quickly taken care of. The only downside is the cost, but it is worth it for the convenience and reliability.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is an excellent appointment scheduling solution that is easy to use, intuitive, and reliable. It has a great range of features and integrations, making it perfect for businesses of all sizes. It also has excellent customer service and support, so any problems or questions can quickly be taken care of.

Cons

The only downside to Acuity Scheduling is that it can be a bit expensive, especially if you need to use multiple features and integrations. However, the cost is worth it for the convenience and reliability of the service.

Zach

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros

We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are.

Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so.

Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons

We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with.

Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location.

Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

Andy
  • Industry: Libraries

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing...

Reviewed on 28/01/2017

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons

No weekend support.
Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

Jeff
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Too much of my time spent trying to manage appointments

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

While many things can be done with the software they provide, it's not too often done easily or intuitively.

Need help? Their expectation is that you hire a freelancer to figure out the work-around.

I found it to be too much of a "time suck" for the price. I need something that works, works like my business works, and that can be used efficiently.

Pros

The software met my initial needs well and if you have a simple organization or your business model is completely in line with the way the developers think you should run your business, then this will be a good fit for you.

The reminders by email and text have been extremely reliable and effective at keeping no-shows to a minimum. The admin interface is easy to read at the start of the day and some of the functionalities on the calendar admin page are very convenient.

Cons

Being able to figure out where to find settings on the admin side can often become an elaborate project. Coupons need to be managed in two different places, figuring out where to set your business hours can be a hunting trip through the menus, getting a new client "on board" with their own account to edit or cancel their own appointments has been a laborious task that is not at all intuitive. I came very close to losing clients over their frustration in trying to figure out the startup process.

One of the weakest points in this software is the fact that there is no "customer facing" help. The only online help from Acuity is available to the Admin, and written for the Admin. If any help is to be presented to my customers, it's my job to write it. Sorry - writing a help system for 3rd party software that I pay to use is not what I consider a good use of my time.

The reason I'm leaving Acuity after years of trying to make this software perform as I need is the fact that "Help is just days away!" That's right, no live help. Email only and if someone comes to me with a question I can not answer or a problem that I can't figure out how to resolve on a Friday afternoon ... it's still going to be a problem through the weekend - likely until Tuesday. Email only. No chat, no phone.

Debbie
  • Industry: Music

Acuity: A near-perfect scheduling solution for this piano teacher

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

I have really liked Acuity! Their branding is fun! Customer Support is really good, for the very few times I've needed help. Support videos and tutorials are excellent. Overall, it's a great program that is priced very fairly and has freed up a significant amount of time as administrator.

Pros

What I absolutely LOVE about Acuity is the ability to set up my piano lesson days and times, give my piano parents a link, and then they can sign up for their own lessons! With the email reminders (also an awesome feature to reduce no-shows), they can also easily reschedule a lesson if they need to. This saves me COUNTLESS hours! No need to do the "back and forth" texting and emails to settle on a different lesson time...parents can do it all themselves. Win for them and an even bigger win for me!

Cons

The one feature I wish Acuity had is the ability to hover over a lesson time on the calendar and see a list of names of the students who will be in that lesson. The calendar does show how many are signed up (in the form of a fraction...sign-ups/total number the lesson will hold...3/5, for example) but I really would like to hover and see the names. I also wish there was an easier way to bulk delete a lesson time. Say I decide to discontinue offering lessons on Monday afternoons at 2pm. I have to go in and scroll down a long list of lessons, looking for that specific lesson, check-marking the box next to each one, then delete. Seems like there should be a "delete just this lesson or all future lessons?" option. But this isn't really THAT big a deal. Just an annoyance that will take 10 minutes (instead of 10 seconds.)

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Boost Productivity and Organization with Acuity Scheduling

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

I was given the chance to use Acuity Scheduling for scheduling multiple appointments and meetings while working as an intern in the pharmaceutical product development and research department. The program succeeded in streamlining our scheduling procedures to a great extent. We were able to effortlessly schedule appointments, communicate with team members, and remember crucial deadlines because to its user-friendly layout. The automatic reminders greatly decreased no-shows and increased attendance as a whole. We were able to adapt the software to our particular needs thanks to the customization possibilities, which included adding unique intake forms for patient data. We were able to study our scheduling trends and adjust our resource allocation thanks to the detailed data and analytics. Overall, Acuity Scheduling significantly increased our productivity and organization, enabling seamless departmental communication.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling provides a complete and intuitive platform for managing bookings and appointments. It streamlines the entire scheduling process with its simple UI, adaptable features, and strong integrations. Automation of appointment reminders and follow-ups, which lower no-show rates and boost client engagement, is one of the main benefits. Additionally, the software offers adaptable calendar syncing choices that enable easy interaction with well-known calendars like Google Calendar. Customers and businesses can both benefit from Acuity Scheduling's services, which include client self-scheduling, online payment processing, and customisable intake forms. Businesses can receive useful insights into their scheduling patterns thanks to the thorough reporting and analytics, enabling data-driven decision-making. Acuity Scheduling streamlines appointment administration as a whole, saving time, lessening the strain of administrative work, and enhancing overall effectiveness.

Cons

For managing appointments and reservations, Acuity Scheduling provides a robust and user-friendly interface. The entire scheduling procedure is made simpler by its user-friendly design, adaptable features, and strong integrations. The ability to automate appointment reminders and follow-ups lowers no-shows and boosts client engagement, which is one of the main benefits. A smooth integration with well-known calendars like Google Calendar is made possible by the software's versatile calendar syncing capabilities. Client self-scheduling, online payment processing, and customizable intake forms are just a few of the additional services that Acuity Scheduling provides to make things easier for both businesses and customers. Businesses can learn a lot about their scheduling habits because to the thorough reporting and analytics, which facilitates data-driven decision-making. Overall, Acuity Scheduling streamlines appointment administration, freeing up time, lessening the load of administrative work, and boosting effectiveness.

Daniel

Great software but lacking

Reviewed on 03/09/2015

Overall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

Response from Squarespace

Hi Daniel -- thanks for writing this review, and glad to hear that Acuity is perfect for you!

Just a couple things to clarify...
* Quite a bit can be changed with your colors, logo, and adding extra formatting all without CSS. That's just an extra bonus for especially techy people to totally revamp the look of their rescheduler.

* You can also embed the scheduler directly into your website. That way people can stay on your domain and completely book their appointment from within your site instead of going off to Acuity.
If you need a hand with that, our developers will even embed the scheduler into your website if you ask.

* Scheduling more than one service: you can offer that with add-on services. Under Appointment Types head over to Add-Ons then you can set up which services can be booked with which other ones.
For example, that can be used so if someone is booking a Haircut they can also add on Coloring and book both services at once.

James

Sometimes it’s easier to let them schedule.

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There’s been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn’t pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Pros

By far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I don’t often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when I’m free, and then put themselves in wherever it’s convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet don’t want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.

Cons

Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that it’s overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. It’s also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way I’m not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.