PayPal

4.7 (21,830)
Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

(21,830)
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.3/5

Mark Anthony

The Best Digital Wallet

Reviewed on 07/08/2022

From linking my bank account to withdrawal, Paypal has been so efficient, easy to use, and straightforward. With the help of digital wallet banking, sending and receiving money locally or internationally has been so easy. With a single click, your money is on the go. Overall Paypal is for everyone.

Pros

It is a user-friendly platform where in you can send and receive digital money from all over the globe. There are lots of websites that accept PayPal as a way of payment method and that makes it easier to make online purchases anywhere. Paypal can also be used on mobile phones which means you can access your account wherever and whenever you want it. Invoicing is very simple and easy to make when you are requesting payment.

Cons

So far, the benefit of having a Paypal account is a big help for me. We all need Paypal for our online money transactions. It is a perfect platform for me.

Abin
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An amazing Platform for all types of transaction

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

The experience from using PayPal has helped in understanding how secure it is to use a mediator like PayPal because of its best in class protection towards safe guarding the personal data and ensuring the wallet is safe. I enjoy the feature of adding USD to the wallet and thus helping to save on forex and conversion rate. These days the PayPal recognizes the device that’s being used and help in making seamless transaction without the need to verify over and over again . Upto date transaction records and easy to track the transaction makes it a tool for record keeping. Further, a lot of institutions are enrolled and are using PayPal making it global these days for buying and selling and accepting the proceeds through PayPal, and further sending and receiving money through banks. Overall, PayPal is one of its kind and best in class which is meant for the present days for both individual and business alike.

Pros

Paypal is an user friendly and secure Plato for. which helps in navigating through and understanding the various features provided easily. The processing speed of transaction is so quick and instant. The facility to add various credit card providers and highest security measures will definitely make it a plus to rely on this platform without a second thought. Customer service is excellent that they work with us to resolve issues in a timely manner respecting the time of the user. Further, various currencies could be added to the account thus helping us to store the currency and use when we want without having the forex exposure affecting in the transaction.

Cons

The software is so amazing that i don’t see anything that seems like a drawback, one reason is PayPal is evolving as they constantly add features which are meeting and matching to the current trends and needed for the present technologically reliant economy.

Mary
  • Industry: Fine Art

Trusty way to pay and receive payments

Reviewed on 23/08/2022

This has been a very reliable way to send money. However, quite a few people do not use it, and so it is not useful with them. I have not chosen to use it for online shopping.

Pros

I have used this for a long time to send money and receive money. I love that I can go back and easily see transactions, and those I send money to the most are there as quick icons.

Cons

It takes several steps to send money to someone, and a lot of changes have been made (taking out more fees, etc.).

Reginald

PayPal in 2022 – The Review

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

When it comes to managing your business, processing payments, and managing orders and inventory you really don’t want to cut corners or mess with less established companies. PayPal is an industry standard for a reason. Whether your self employed freelancer, an artist, or the CEO of a company of several thousand running your business is stressful enough without the headache of managing the financial POS side of your business and PayPal helps relieve some of the stress.

Pros

Ease of Use: PayPal has made it remarkably easy and quick to set up a business account by taking the complicated parts out of the equation without sacrificing quality, features, or functionality. The setup is very intuitive and walks you through all the important steps.

Widely accepted: Since PayPal is a well-known global brand it’s widely accepted and trusted as a secure and legitimate form of payment. There are other companies that come ago with varying amounts of trendy popularity but often with them, you run the risk of the person you’re doing business with not accepting them. That’s not the case with PayPal.

Forward Thinking: Just like their easy setup PayPal has also made it easy to get involved with cryptocurrency by making it easy to purchase and walking you through the entire process.

Security: What makes PayPal a titan in the industry is its security. For those who are interested in the technical side of it, PayPal offers 128-bit dual-end SSL encryption on all transactions as well as performing regular security checks on their own servers. Additionally, from a buyer’s standpoint, they offer a really strong Buyer/Seller protection program. Data protection in a world of constant cyber threats is critical, and PayPal has made this a cornerstone of its brand.

Cons

Hardware: The hardware (formerly PayPal Here, is now PayPal Zettle) is good however it must be purchased by the merchant separately.
International Availability: PayPal is accepted in most places around the world however some countries are not available so you have to check ahead of time.

Brandy

The best 4 everything they do

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

Pros

I love PayPal it's so easy 2 use it has lots of features & there all great features not a bunch of useless 1s u can easily send, receive & send request 4 $ u can get ur card that goes w ur acct so u can use it anywhere it made PayPal the best bc b4 that u couldn't pay w ur PayPal acct now u can & the invoicing even on a free or personal acct is great u can add ur personal login that will appear on ur invoices along w ur company info u can send a invoice & it also tells u if that person has opened that invoice or not u can edit it & all ur invoices r all in 1 place where u can easily them all & they have great customer service they r always fair n come 2 a fair decision & don't let u get ripped off by scammers it's all great

Cons

I don't have any cona w PayPal except the changes that have been made u can't get ur $ until the package has arrived then 1 day later it releases it which means u have 2 pay 4 the shipping until the $ is taken off hold but I know this probably isn't PayPals doings

Kingsley
  • Industry: Design

PAYPAL My number one Financial/payment software.

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Challenge of been delayed in receiving payment as most financial institutions would take days to confirm payments locally/international and big thanks to the PayPal community for making it easy to receive and pay for goods/services, also having to send money across to family and friends within minutes.

Pros

Making it so easy to make payments/send and receive money because of its user friendly interface. It’s swift and gives room for payment on other platforms helping to solve a big financial challenge for the public.

Cons

Limitations to most stores and countries/locations as I plead for this to be put into consideration especially in Africa (Nigeria precisely) as there’re a lot of freelancers and remote worker who have PayPal option as a means of payment.
Also for the sending fees to be considered a little lesser on business accounts.

Ibrahim

PayPal is the most popular online payment platform because it has a large database.

Reviewed on 28/08/2022

For me, it is a fast and reliable service, and I can always analyze my transactions for tax purposes from my account. it stores information for me.

Pros

They keep a long transaction history

There is a library of information available for customer support, so most problems are already solved.

The payments are reliable and the invoicing is available to people not using Paypal.

The fees are moderate in my opinion.

Cons

It is not available in every country in the world,

Mayre

Many possibilities with Paypal.

Reviewed on 19/08/2022

It is a really useful and reliable service.

Pros

It's safe, it's fast and it's available almost everywhere in the world. Nowadays it is almost indispensable to have this type of platform, I make purchases and receive payments as well, all without involving sensitive or important information about me or my bank account.
I like to have at a glance the history of movements made, with details of everything, without having to open more options or log in again.

Cons

-The service is EXPENSIVE. Paypal is only worth it if you really need to use it.
-My email is full of "gift" nonsense but by the time you open the link it has expired or something like that, yet I have notifications turned on because I need important alerts.

Niharika
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Paypal is a must for financial handling and virtual security in these terrible times!

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

Pros

There is the matter of secure transaction; one is able to use Paypal with great ease and with an extra blanket of security and fraud prevention as well as the encryption of bank and credit card account information. A variety of payment methods that are comfortable to utilize as well as great confidence and ease with strength and security in shipping, marketing, recordkeeping and calculation of taxes. It also offers immediate deposits, swift sending, spending, and exchanges; integral cash flow and swift access to funds is highly essential. Paypal integrates seamlessly with most businesses, whilst being friendly for various devices and platforms, and its fees are much less than the alternatives. It has strong invoicing and multichannel sales features as well. There are no fees for sending money to friends and family, as well as providing the most manageable method of purchase without worrying about one's wallet; one may instead be able to pay by the password!

Cons

If one doesn't protect their password, account and sensitive information regarding to the virtual data, one can easily be hacked and compromised here on Paypal. However, that's mayhap a given if one requires such ease of use. A more common concern, nonetheless, is the lack of sufficient care and attention provided by the customer service; enthusiastic support for such grave situations and cases as well as swifter response in resolving disputes, where one may potentially experience frozen or delayed funds, would also be much appreciated. The seller protection policy does not cover digital goods either and there's also confusing transaction fees, widely varied and with rate differing per manner of use, as well as considerable chargeback fees...which is quite unfair seeing as if an item is lost or delayed, it is not the customer's fault and yet in order to regain some of their loss, as shipping and transaction is not regained, they are made to provide a penalty fee that does not differ as per the situation and amount in question. There is also no offline payment processing, and it would be a great improvement were that possible. Of course, there is also the recent addition of inactivity fees, although that may be easily avoided with a little care and logging in every few months or at least every year!

Priyansh
  • Industry: Animation

The first choice for receiving International payments

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Our ecommerce platform still uses PayPal and approximately 60% users prefer to checkout with PayPal. We are glad to use it and it definitely opens up new avenues for sales internationally.

Pros

About 12 years ago, we set up our own small ecommerce website and implemented PayPal, and it is still with us.
- Hundreds of integrations available that can be implemented at the click of a button.
- Invoicing is extremely simple and quirky to use.
- All you need is an email to receive payments.
- Seller protection for both goods and services.
- Tax documents and FIRA available at a click.
- New API is extremely versatile and works well with our ecommerce platform.
- Never had a failed payment or disputes.
- Next day settlement of all payments.
- Branded checkout page.

Cons

- The biggest gripe I have with this service is the excess fees charged at each step. There is a fixed fee, then a percentage fee, and then there is a currency conversion fee. All this can rack up to 10% for international transactions.
- There is some legacy interface in the settings that is hard to navigate and some settings are confusing and repetitive.
- Customer service is slow to respond.
- There is often lag in the interface and have to deal with a loading sign repetitively.

Braintree

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No availability in India.

Best way get payments

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

Trust is the best feature PayPal offers to my customers. because they don't have to send their credit cards to my client's website so it's way easier for me to collect payments. I think we needed that on ecommerce websites.

Pros

What I like about PayPal the most is the fact that people don't have to put their credit cards in my client's website like Stripe. Customers are more comfortable to login to their PayPal account and pay by credit card through PayPal. I think this is the most important benefit of PayPal. It's user friendly and very easy to understand the platform. Some customers email my clients and ask their PayPal email to send payment manually, which is also a great option. By the way, refunds through PayPal are instant so you don't have to wait days to get your money back to your credit card. That's why I love PayPal a lot.

Cons

The pre-authorized or autopayment is the worst! every time I buy things by PayPal, I'm afraid an automatic charge for the next month. I have google to find out how to disable that automatic charge. I believe the Canada app is different than US app because, again, my friend always call me to ask how to disable some auto charges from his PayPal app and it's different than mine.

Sal
  • Industry: Entertainment

The original and the essential.

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
Claude

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Rodrigue

Paypal Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast
A well-known and reliable payment gateway
Ultra fast payment (5 seconds)
Instant account-to-account money transfer
PayPal commission negotiation possible
PayPal presence in more than 200 countries
Money available immediately
Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds
Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas
The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping.
If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded
Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free.
There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone.
Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available.
Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins.
The customer service
Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem.
If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password.
A lot of adminitrative and paperwork
So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests.
Geographical limitation
Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

• Industry: Music

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Square Payments and Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.
Ayman

The best Online Payment Platform in the world

Reviewed on 25/09/2021

PayPal helped me to carry out business and also buy services from different regions of the world, as the speed of the response of the site makes it difficult to be a victim of fraud, as there is no room for any of the customers to say that I sent the amount and similar arguments, as if he actually sent it, the site It will make you receive it immediately, which will make you feel that there is an assistant for you who guarantees your rights.

Pros

PayPal is one of the best electronic payment sites ever in the world, as the site has a network of relationships with all financial institutions around the world and enables the user, especially the owners of small enterprises, to receive and send money for a nominal fee while providing the utmost security and protection and ensuring the speed of execution of orders.
Also, one of the most distinguishing features of the site is the rapid response to all comments and complaints, and the site also provides a center for resolving disputes.
Also, when using it, you will ensure that there is no fraud or money laundering, which enables you to withdraw your money safely and without fear of being detained.

Cons

In fact, I have used PayPal for a long time and I don't think there are any drawbacks, as it depends on the user himself, if all his transactions are legal, all his transactions will be fast and he will not face any problem, and if there are any illegal matters he will expose himself to problems using the application.

Eduardo
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

I used to complain about Paypal's high fees until I was the target of fraudsters with Stripe

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Excellent. It's a breeze for sellers to install/setup and configure.

Pros

Easy to use. A lot of people know it. A lot of people use it. It is everywhere and it is trusted.

Cons

The fees could be a little lower, but it is NOTHING compared to what you risk and lose with cargeback claims with other payment providers.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I was the target of fraud. Stripe let a TON of fraudulent payments through and we dispatched them thinking they were legitimate orders. Stripe did nothing to help resolve the issue when we contacted them: it was automated messages after automated message. We lost all the money, the product and we still got charged by stripe a fee for every chargeback. STAY AWAY FROM STRIPE.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal has a seller protection program where it protects the seller from fraudulent orders.
Md Mahbub

When it comes to choosing the best payment system, Paypal is the most perfect solution!

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems around the world. It allows users to transfer funds electronically and also provides the ability to make payments without divulging financial information since it can process payments via credit card or bank account without any direct link between the consumer's bank account and the merchant's PayPal account. In addition, PayPal offers a buyer protection guarantee for unauthorized purchases made with a user's credit card on its network.

Pros

As i work with digital marketing and serve globally so it's mandatory for me to find the best solution. Paypal did the job for me. I can take payments anytime securely, from any country of the world (although Paypal doesn't support in few countries yet). Besides i can buy digital goods easily with the help of paypal. Its supported to all the global platforms which is great. In the same country, transferring money has no fee! Gift card system is also useful sometimes. In a word, i'm in love with Paypal.

Cons

Paypal usually gives the most priority to the senders. Sometime clients ask for dispute illegally, Paypal can't guarantee your money. I saw few buddies, their account has been limited by Paypal for the illegal dispute requests by their clients. Paypal should come up with the solution and serve properly to the both parties.

Josh
  • Industry: Design

Great online payments system with many features

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

My experience has been great and I use Paypal all the time for many online purchases and have places that send me payments right to my paypal account.

Pros

There are very few places that do not take paypal. You can easily add multiple ways to pay. It also easily integrates with many things like woocommerce, zapier and wordpress to take payments if you would like. It is easy to get money from friends or people who owe you for business.

Cons

There is really only one annoyance that I have with paypal. If I have a say $10 visa or mastercard gift card and say I want to buy something for $15 most places online don't take 2 forms of payment for the same item so I need some way to put the gift card into my paypal account, but they don't allow you to easily send money from a credit card or prepaid gift cards. So the work around is to make an invoice and send it to another email and then pay with the gift card. There are 2 things with this the first is then that you must pay a fee which I understand and would be fine paying the fee. The other is that the whole process is a pain in the butt. They should just allow prepaid gift card amounts to be added to your balance and then just charge you the fee. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It's not necessarily that I have chosen Paypal over Wave. I use Wave more for my business and accounting stuff and making pretty invoices. I use Paypal way more often for my personal stuff and many online purchases and to get payments from survey sites and a few other things. So I think Paypal has its great purposes and if I start an ecommerce website which I probably will I will likely use Paypal for taking payments with Woocommerce.
Satya
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best Transaction tool in the Market.

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Overall it is the best tool to use for any transaction. To make any payment to any business or to any third-party vendor also it is best software for that. Also it provides several gateway to collect transaction, setup recurring transactions as well as collecting checks also.

Pros

The Best part is we can add payee using their email address. No Account number or Routing number is needed. We can make the payment through the card also and add the card to the account seamlessly. It also provides auto currency converter so need of thinking about cross country transaction. It provides best gateway for online transaction for any B2B business.

Cons

Sometime Fraudulent activity can occur through the same since users can create some fake account using some fake email id and use that to receive payment which can't be tracked. Also It doesn't have the facility to validate the payment through email or mobile phone after making the payment.

Amazon Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The Best part for pyapal is it is platform independent as well as globally accepted form of payment. Also it provides crypto currency payment which is the best part. We can trust on the software as it is PCI compliance. Also it has best customer support.
Nathan
  • Industry: Market Research

Paypal ruined my Birthday last year and couldn't even explain to me what was going for a month.

Reviewed on 29/08/2021

I like them until all that happened during my birthdate and now I will never use it again other than to accept a long-distance payment from someone that only has PayPal as an option.

Pros

I never had a problem with PayPal before my last birthday. I have always had the cash that someone paid me thru Paypal Immediately. I like that the cost to cash out your finds is moderately cheap fee's. So that is why I decided to deposit money into my account on my 38 birthday to be able to buy a computer online. I like that when doing cash reload that it only takes 15 mins to load.

Cons

So Loaded cash onto my PayPal cash card at 7eleven on the 6th of February so I could pay someone some money I owed them. it worked perfectly like all other times that I have done it. But then on my birthday on the 10th of February, I went to Walmart to load to cash loads one for $400 and another one right after that for $500 as I wanted to order a new laptop online that night for my birthday present to myself. Well the lady at Walmart was new and she didn't know that PayPal only allows you to load $500 a day or else they could flag your money for possible money laundering. Well, let's just say that I wasn't aware of this either. So I made both cash loads and made sure to keep my receipts because it was almost $1000 in cash and the only money I had for the next few weeks. Well, let just say that they never loaded it onto my card. So I called customer care and therein started to month-long confusion and the worst absolute run around that I have ever experienced from a companies customer care dept.. It took a month and a half for them to release my money to me. It ruined my birthday and left me broke with no answers for way too long. Don't ever make the same mistake I did.

Damla
  • Industry: Research

Paypal with some shortcomings and excellences

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

As a Paypal customer, I recommend Paypal to everyone. PayPal can be recommended as it is overly useful for some people to overlook the adaptability and simplicity PayPal offers. While not ideal for everyone, it is an economical and successful device for some. Although several groups have had terrible encounters with PayPal, it is an extremely useful application for me.

Pros

PayPal, Business and Premier records offer many apparatuses for better incorporation with eBay. Along these lines, exchanging on this monster site turns out to be a lot simpler. The straightforward altering and customization options Pal offers are likewise truly keen. PayPal offers the most secure way to deal with web based shopping without concealing any information in my record when shopping on the web and giving over my financial information. I can tell that these are the most popular pnes among the advantages of Paypal.

Cons

Haggling on the site can be troublesome assuming I need to cancel a membership by means of PayPal, and on the off chance that I have a question with somebody and the installment is taken care of by PayPal, they will take up the mediation interaction, which can consume most of the day.

Sadly on the off chance that I run into an issue with an installment, Paypal needs great client support, contact telephone numbers are elusive on the site, and messages are frequently replied with computerized answers as opposed to real counsel.

The PayPal confirmation framework takes a great deal of time, which can be extremely baffling when you connect a financial balance to your PayPal account, two little stores are saved into that record and you might have to report the sums to PayPal to check your own record.

PayPal delivers smooth payment processing to individuals and businesses

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

Overall, PayPal does make it easy for individuals and businesses to pay and get paid online. There are new ways introduced to quickly get paid, which is great. The user interface has been constantly improved, new features are rolled out in different phases with a lot of testing but there are also things that can be improved. I feel that there hasn't been enough innovation at PayPal. That combined with more strict policies and doubtful practices towards businesses in certain industries, make me feel like PayPal doesn't really care too much anymore about small players (small businesses and solo entrepreneurs). I hope that changes in the future, because once upon a time PayPal was a pioneer that helped pave the way for entrepreneurs to start doing more business online, worldwide.

Pros

I've been using PayPal for 15 years, both personally and through my business, and have been a happy customers for most of this time. The strength of PayPal is that it's very easy to send & accept payments once you got your account set up. Subscription management is easy, which was a plus for me as I sold a lot of subscription-based products and services. Overall it's a platform that is modern and solid. That's why it's trusted by so many consumers.

Cons

The platform itself is good. It's modern, secure and very solid, but in my opinion it's also missing some advanced features that new platforms have. There should be more innovation. A good example is that I think we should be able to accept multiple mobile payment solutions through PayPal as well as support for multiple cryptocurrencies. PayPal has some catching up to do if it wants to stay on top of the business. The support teams also should care more about working together with businesses, instead of sending canned responses and not being helpful.

Maciej

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.
Ozlem

Easy way to transfer money

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.