Kudos

Janelle
Janelle

Kudos for Kudos!

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Kudos really helps to build team morale. I love seeing everyone call each other out for the great work their doing, and I think that kind of feedback makes people work harder. Sometimes teams can be a very segmented. With kudos, you can easily see what other teams are working on, fostering an atmosphere of engagement and communication.

Pros

Your hard work turns into cold, hard, cash!

I like that you can choose from kudos-branded or company-branded rewards!

I like that you can choose to send your kudos privately or publicly.

I like that you can endorse a kudos someone else has sent.

I like that you get kudos on your birthday!

I like that you can't send all your kudos to one person, forcing you to spread it out.

Cons

I wish unused kudos could roll over to the next month.

I wish adding giphs to a post was easier.

I wish that clicking the +K button actually added additional kudos.

I wish there were more Canadian-specific Kudos rewards.

I would like to get a reminder email towards the end of each month, reminding me to use up the last of my kudos.

Abhishek
Abhishek
  • Industry: Market Research

Excellent tool for employee engagement & recognition!

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

It is an excellent platform to boost the morale of your employees and give them the recognition that they deserve.

Pros

It is a great tool to encourage, motivate, and appreciate your employees. Very easy to use and its reward section is also very useful. It is also mobile-friendly.

Cons

Monthly limit of the points can be improved. More options can be added to redeem points.

elaine
  • Industry: Veterinary

Okay for what it does

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

Pros

Easy to put in metrics for measuring employee engagement.

Cons

It doesn't have enough room for additional metrics or methods of quantifying our employee metrics.

Felicia

Kudos

Reviewed on 13/08/2023

I like kudos because points came in handy due to being my Birthday

I like kudos because points came in handy due to being my Birthday

Pros

receive points to get all types of products

Cons

I don't think that any improvements are need it

Philip

A superb Employee recognition and engagement solution

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Kudos has made it easy for employees to engage and has provided a platform for rewarding employees.

Pros

I like the its easy to engage and reward employees boosting their morale in work and this helps improve performance.

Cons

The only drawback is that depending so much on technology may ruin personal relations

Autumn
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Kudos Review 2023

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

As a company we use Kudos to gather all the thoughts and concerns from the employees in each department. It makes it easier for HR to gage how the employees feel and what can be improved on.

Pros

I like that I can access Kudos through teams/our single sign on, and through my email. The dashboard is very easy to understand and tracks my streaks which is motivation to keep using it weekly.

Cons

Kudos is very easy to use and I have no concerns at this time.

April
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Wonderful Application

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

I'm very happy with Kudos. We originally had a paper form of recognizing our co-workers, and it was hard keeping up with pages that had torn or ripped out. Going to an electronic form of recognition was such a great decision. I like logging on and being able to see birthdays and anniversaries of my co-workers. I hope we continue to use Kudos in the long run.

Pros

I like the options that are given to recognize our peers, as far as what we can choose after we write our comments. I think those "compliments" really help our comments stand out, sort of like a hashtag.

Cons

What I least like about Kudos is the value of what each comment is worth. I feel like employees that go above and beyond should receive much more than what is given now. I also wish we had more gift card options.

Madison

Kudos to Kudos!

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

I have really appreciated the ability to look up who is on what team across my organization as well. When managing clients it's nice to feel like I know everyone and can work with them no matter how far apart we are.

Pros

I love that I can connect with my peers and coworkers and thank them for their help whether they are on my immediate team or on a team across the country. I can recognize the work central to my role or thank them for help with the side projects I use. It is an easy way to build community in a virtual environment.

Cons

I believe this is specific to my organization but I wish we could redeem Kudos points for real prized like giftcards, items, etc. However, a kind word is always nice.

lori
  • Industry: Consumer Services

kudos

Reviewed on 13/08/2023

cst support

cst support

Pros

free items for employees who care about there customers

Cons

nothing its a great way to encourage employees to help customers as best they can

kwandile Mabutho
kwandile Mabutho
  • Industry: Accounting

Kudos Review

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

Pros

It helps assist in making it easy for conducting employee surveys

Cons

It does not have any errors so far that i have noticed

Brooklyn

Kudos for Kudos!

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Kudos support is on-the-ball! I am comfortable asking for the assistance I need as questions arise, and I know they will have a solution to offer promptly. Their reps are personable and convey warmth and friendliness via email and phone.

As a side note, our team LOVES Blobby. A handful of our top senders select a different Blobby for every post, adding color and personality to the timeline. It took me a bit to warm to Blobby, but having seen him fill our timeline, he has grown on me!

Pros

I love that it is customizable--our company uses a very trimmed-down, simple version of Kudos. We sometimes have trouble with folks being receptive to change, but adoption of the Kudos platform over our previous recognition platform has been better than we could've asked, thanks to Kudos being willing to adapt to our needs.

Cons

I wish the window to edit posts was indefinite, especially for administrators. As an administrator, I award our company's Kudos award badges, and I've made a few mistakes along the way, sometimes after the 24 hour edit window has closed, forcing me to archive the award and give it again, which messes up the date convention and exposes my goof to the masses ;) It would be nice if administrators had the ability to edit at any time.

Deboarh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Spread the word Kudo works.

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Use of Kudos has increased our Employee Net Performance scores. Staff moral is increased when you take the time to individually recognize the great work your staff does.

Pros

What I most like about the software is that I can keep current on the excellent work that is being performed the employees in the company and I can partake in celebrating their successes by adding my comments. We sometimes get busy in our day to day work lives that we forget to thank our staff for the wonderful work they perform each and everyday. It is so easy to send a Kudos and the beautiful thing about it is what you get back in return is invaluable. Believe me there is nothing more gratifying then to open your Kudos and see that a manager or peer has told the entire company that you have done a great job. Another wonderful thing I stumbled upon today was that they have linked out IT Work Order completion reviews to Kudos. It is one click to send a good job Kudos.
I have make it a habit to look at Kudos everyday.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about the software.
What don't like is that our companies management team doesn't use it enough or in some cases at all.

Matthew
  • Industry: Insurance

Put more into your morale program!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

We run lean purposely, and allows for a larger share of the rewards when we exceed as an organization. However, we have to ask a lot of our folks as a result, and the workload is high. While a paycheck can keep someone coming into work each day, being proud of what you do and being recognized for the quality of your work makes them want to come to work each day. Kudos has already helped so much with this in the short time we have been using it, and see less people who just work here, and more that are a part of family we strive to create here.

Pros

Kudos offers such an ease of use that it makes staying active in recognizing my employees a breeze. Morale is such an important part of keeping your workforce productive and most importantly happy, and Kudos allows me to recognize my team quickly, which can make all the difference in the world with as busy as we all get. Acknowledging the good people do should NOT be work, but programs I have used in the past have done just that, and as a result eventually fall to the wayside and do not get used as they should - this is even worse morale wise than not having a program at all. Kudos makes this an afterthought, and takes only seconds to make sure I point when someone has done something exceptional. People should be proud of what they do, and Kudos let's me point them out so others in the organization can be proud of them too! Kudos to Kudos!

Cons

I do not yet have any negatives about the Kudos platform.

Aleksandr

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

Very positive experience.

Very positive experience.

Pros

Kudos is a great platform for sharing accolades and praise with colleagues and teammates. We've used it to manage incentive programs, wellness initiatives, and re-enforce our organization's values. It's improved morale and become a staple of our culture.

Cons

The platform could have more built in social features - such as the ability to post pictures as comments, gifs, etc. Also, we used to be able to give K+ points from an individual's bank of Kudos they had received - this feature has vanished after an upgrade, and now Kudos are given with no points once a teammate has run out. The ability to give from your own awards really increased the meaning of those thoughtful thank-you(s). Also the Slack integration is clunky and confusing.

Sarah
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent Product that Keeps Improving with the Times

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

A lot of the team members work in remote locations so the tool is an excellent way of bringing remote workers closer together to replicate an office environment.

Pros

Ease of use for staff members to share praise. This is very valuable to our team!

Cons

It may be cool to have this as an APP that can be more readily pinned to taskbar for faster praise and easier use.

Response from Kudos

Hi Sarah,

It's awesome to hear that you're finding Kudos so easy to use! We're also daily Kudos users, so we appreciate how important it is that it be user-friendly and intuitive.

That's a great idea to have an app for desktop/laptop computers! There are a couple of ways that we can make Kudos more accessible; have you tried the Kudos browser extension? It allows you to send and receive Kudos in your browser without needing to go to your Kudos page. This is great if you spend a lot of time in your browser. Our extension is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can grab the extension by visiting https://support.kudosnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/203808586-Using-the-Kudos-Browser-Add-on

You could also create a shortcut to your Kudos page on your desktop and place it on your Taskbar. This would open Kudos in your preferred web browser whenever you click it.

Hopefully one of those options helps! Remember that we're always here to at [email protected]!

Michelle
  • Industry: Accounting

A nimble and easy platform that has an immediate and lasting positive impact on our team.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

A quick, transparent and effective means of communication amongst our team on performance.

Pros

The ease and transparency that Kudos provides in allowing us to recognise employees' effort and contribution, fits perfectly within our culture of recognition and reward in a timely manner. Allows all our members of our team to appreciate each other. We have now been using for three years and it hasn't lost its momentum. We use as a tool to send announcements, newsletters, share corporate event photos - which brings our team back to the site which reinvigorates further use. Our team use the app at lunch breaks to send and like each other Kudos.

Cons

As we use pages for newsletters some more options around graphics would be great.

Guada
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool to recognise and motivate your team

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Good tool to increase visibility among peer recognition, provide different layers of recognition for different jobs difficulties done, also allows company visibility at a team and individual level.

Pros

Easy to use tool that not only adds value to recognition at different levels, from a thank you all the way to an exceptional achievement, but also allows everyone in the company to be recognising, and to be recognised, at the same level.

My team is a big fan of this tool, it encourages them to share feedback and recognise people around them, bringing visibility we might not have otherwise, as some of this recognition is so quick or specific it might be unnoticed if we didn't have this platform.

Cons

With the team being based in EMEA, at some points it's been a challenge to have flexibility in terms of rewards, in comparison with our peers in the US. However, over the past couple of years, we've not only seen a broader offer of local benefits, but the team have also shared some best practices that allow us to make the best use of our kudos.

Kim
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent way to pat your Co-workers on the back

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

My overall experience has been very positive.

My overall experience has been very positive.

Pros

What I appreciate most about Kudos is that on a my daily basis it provides a listing of the individuals in my company that are having birthday and/or work anniversary. I personally like this because it gives me an added layer of insight about my co-workers that is just told me with having to research. I grow-up in the South so it is natural for me to speak and greet my co-workers. I really like the fact that Kudos is an electronic way for me to do that to my co-workers

Cons

I would like for Kudos give out reminder that you have earned so many points, which is worth this much in reward.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Kudos strengthens your bond with your colleagues!

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Pros

I love how Kudos allows you to compliment your colleagues for the tasks and goals they accomplish along with sending some Kudos points which gives a sense of reward. Users are then able to redeem these points for money value which is a great incentive to work harder and gain more Kudos. The software allows for company-wide recognition as well which in turn motivates you and build self confidence.

Cons

The fact that we have to reach a certain number of points to redeem them sometimes bothers me as the maximum amount of points you can transfer at a time is 50 points and to redeem them you have to reach a minimum of 20,000 points. A more feasible way would be either to reward more points in a single post or decrease the minimum redemption target to 5000 points.

Todd
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Civil Engineering Firm - Culture Changing Recognition Program!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Our problems consisted of culture stagnation. Kudos acted as the jump start and continues to be the fuel driving conversations on accomplishments throughout the firm.

Pros

#1 - Simple to use.
#2 - The biggest pro of this software was the instant effect it had on our culture. Before people were so caught up in the day-to-day, nobody took time to appreciate themselves or others. Now, with a few clicks of the mouse (while you're working on projects), you can recognize others for birthdays, anniversaries, and accomplishments. More now than ever, we are seeing people chatting in the hallway about personal things Kudos has brought out of them.

Cons

NOTHING! It is pure gold. The software is simple to use, the costs are great, and the feedback is nothing but positive.

Caitlin

Kudos to Kudos!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

It has been an extremely positive experience. It is easy to use and points do add up quickly if you are doing a good job!

Pros

Kudos is an amazing system that helps you show your appreciation and respect and thanks to employees within a company. I love that I am able to send and receive points to fellow employees when I think they deserve something to say “thank you for everything you do”. This platform isn’t just for higher ups in a company it is for all employees. This way even if a boss wasn’t aware of what a great job a fellow employee is doing or how they have been helping others, I can take notice and send a special note with points so they know they are valued.

Cons

I just wish that I could pick the word that goes with the kudos ie: thank you is 5 points while exceptional is 50 points. There have been times I wish I could choose the word to send along with my note & points

Janell

Keeps Our Company Connected

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

We have a mostly remote team that loves to give Kudos to each other! This is a software that I believe firmly ties in to our culture and helps strengthen our core values! We give so much Kudos, it's crazy! I love the team, the customer service and the fact that everyone can spend their kudos on what they love.

Pros

It allows our people to stay connected and recognize each other real time while giving them the ability to cash in their points at stores that they love!

Cons

I wish the stickers would get updated more frequently, as none have changed or been added for at least 2 years.

Jackie

Kudos Employee Recognition Software

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Kudos has been an easy transition for us from a HR professional standpoint and for our employees. The ease of the program has been nice and an easy platform for our employees to connect with one another.

Pros

Software is easy to use and a great tool for employee engagement.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to share about the software. If I think of an enhancement that would benefit our group, I share with the Kudos team and they look into ways to implement.

Response from Kudos

Hi Jackie,

It's great to hear that you find Kudos easy to use and that you're having success using it to drive employee engagement! We're excited for you to see some of the cool things we're working on to make Kudos even more fun, more useful, and more impactful to your organization!

Ashley
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Way to Express Gratitude

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I use this within my office to give kudos to my coworkers who do a good job, are helpful, show teamwork, and general friendliness. We all use it and enjoy being able to use it. It is nice that you can do something good for someone and they can recognize you on a platform that the owners see. It is also nice that there is a reward aspect with it too. This is the first time I have had the ability to use Kudos and I think it is a wonderful way for everyone to work their hardest and for people to show their gratitude for that hard work.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ability to determine how much you can give, and the new options for redeeming rewards. It is nice that you can make it visible to everyone or not. Sometimes you want everyone to know that you were assisted by someone and you are giving them kudos.

Cons

I wish there was more options for emojis and stickers. Everything has updated except for this aspect.

First job that's used Kudos and I love it.

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

With a fast-paced environment and lots of employees, passing recognition quickly and effectively can easily be overlooked. Positive reinforcement is so important for overall job satisfaction and performance. Kudos is easy as sending a quick email, and it's company-wide recognition.

Cons

interface could be a little cleaner and user friendly. They haven't added any updates I'm aware of, like being able to easily search and add memes & gifs.