isolved

Employ, enable, and empower your workforce!

3.8/5
3.8/5
3.9/5
3.6/5

Heidi E.
  • Industry: Banking

Multiple Features

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

- Forcasting PTO for current and upcoming year. Helps for planning vacations.
- Preview Paycheck. Can see the potential breakdown of pay before pay day.
- Multiple options for clocking in and lunch breaks.

Cons

You can access the website via mobile or app but they don’t have all features available.

Mischele
  • Industry: Printing

Easy to use but powerful

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

While the price may seem steep, it has a lot of functionality that can save on time spent by in-house employees. For our company, it has definitely paid for itself in my time savings alone. It does take a fair amount of time to set up, but they have an entire team to walk you through the whole process, making it easy.

Pros

We like the ease of use and fast processing. Previously, we had done payroll entirely in-house. ISolved, however, takes care of nearly everything, freeing me up to perform other functions within the company. It takes care of all tax filings, wage garnishments, direct deposits, PTO tracking, and benefits. Employees can now access all their information on their own, make any needed changes, and print copies of paycheck stubs and W-2s without having to ask me. It is user-friendly and relatively easy to navigate the system. There are a wide variety of available preset reports and, if you can't find what you need, they will create a custom report for you. Calling them gets you a real, friendly person who is usually very helpful.

Cons

Lately, I have had some issues getting a callback. Although calling our Relations Manager usually resolves this issue. And, because it has so many functions, it sometimes takes some looking to find out where they have placed a little-used feature when you want it

Deb
  • Industry: Libraries

Buyer beware

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

We purchased the TimeForce II solution to handle time and labor tracking. After a few years, we looked into adding payroll and HR services. However, the price for those services was way more expensive than other vendors. When we chose an alternative vendor, we found that we would need to continue paying for the service for a year, even though they were no longer providing the service, and there was no way to export our data to the new system. We had to manually enter all the data by hand from poorly designed reports and screen shots for some things that had no reports.

Pros

It was an improvement over manual time-keeping and served as a decent entry-level option

Cons

Set up is not intuitive. When you add a new employee they may or may not actually be attached to their supervisor. Reporting features are limited. There are some things that you just can't get from the system, like pending leave requests. There is NO OPTION to export your data if you terminate the product. The fees increase without notice every year. You cannot terminate the product before the end of your annual license agreement.

Jaylene

Isolved Solutions that don't break the bank

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

It's been an adventure, but the rewards and benefits have definitely outweighed any struggles.

Pros

The customization that is possible with the software was the most attractive aspect. Especially for the cost, this product allows small businesses enjoy the same quality of services that larger fortune 500 organizations.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about the software; however, one thing that I would say that has been an issue is the time zone differences between me and available support team members. Especially, if they are based out of the east coast, I find that there is only a 1-2 window to conduct business out of Alaska.

BambooHR, Paychex Flex and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing isolved

They were not able to offer me a single sign on platform to monitor multiple EIN / payrolls.

Reasons for Switching to isolved

The price and comparison of benefits
Lisa

iSolved Cares!

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

I love iSolved and my customer service team. I am the only HR and payroll person for 130 employees and I could not survive without them!

Pros

iSolved customer service is excellent and attentive. They are alwasy moving forward to stay ahead of trends and needs. They listen to their customers and they respond in a timely manner. The software is easy to use even across multiple EINS.

Cons

If I have to come up with something, I'd say, I'd like to see them to enhance the storage and organization capabilities of the library in Share and Perform more like a true intranet,.

Paycom, ADP Vantage HCM and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing isolved

Cost, better custom reporting, and ease of use.

Namely

Reasons for Switching to isolved

Overall better product for the cost.
Cindy

iSolved

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

We have had a good experience with iSolved.

Pros

The ease of use and accessibility for our employees. Onboarding new employees is simple as well.

Cons

The inability to customize the menus and some other features.

Kimberly

ISolved Products

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

It is a good system that is easy to use. It is completely customizable for any unique situations.

Pros

ISolved is user friendly. It can be customized for unusual pay structures and multiple pay structures within the same company. It is packed full of useful reports that are already loaded, or you have the ability to build a custom report as well.

Cons

There have been a couple of glitches regarding third party payments that have caused some problems. ISolved has been very quick to get those glitches corrected as quickly as possible.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing isolved

They were going out of business.

Reasons for Switching to isolved

It was recommended by the company that we used prior.
Jamie
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Isolved

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

still learning and poor support with getting answers to questions and guidance on how to complete tasks

Pros

Applicant tracking ability to make notes and label each applicant throughout the process of selecting new employees. Would like to be able to free type in and add own labels to stages of interview process

Cons

Not enough options to manipulate for our company (document subcategories and divider tabs), poor workflow, multiple log ins for admin, applicant tracking, and self-service

Paycom and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to isolved

I was not involved in the final decision making process
Holly
  • Industry: Wholesale

HORRIBLE customer service

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Zero benefits. See Con's abov.

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing that sets this software out.

Cons

The customer service is horrific. The tenure must be extremely low because I generally know more than the person I speak to. I've been lied to (my supervisor has stepped out so you can't speak to them now) on two occasions. I've emailed my concerns (there is no phone number to speak to your 'rep', you have to call into the main customer service) and had no response. When I finally do get a response, they apologize that that rep is no longer with the company and my concerns remain unresolved. I would like to warn every company out there that iSolved has changed and is no longer client-friendly.

Quickbooks Online

We outgrew Quickbooks

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to isolved

They purchased a small company that did payroll for my former company. I wouldn't choose them again.
Ashley
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for Small/Mid Sized Companies

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

With iSolved, you can utilize as many or as few tools as you wish. This is nice, especially when working with a small HR department as it allows a soft roll out where you can work on preparing one took at a time. The interface is user friendly and is a good quality tool for companies not ready to invest in Workday, Oracle, et cetera.

Pros

I used this as an HR Department of one. It was great for tracking employees and pretty intuitive to use. Has a ton of reports to choose from and does a great job visualizing metrics - I often looked at the graphs of our employee self reported demographics for diversity purposes. iSolved also has the capability to create limited access accounts for employees so they can look at schedules, request days off, and pull paystubs/w2s.

Cons

Sometimes iSolved would glitch and seem to freeze/not let me change something when I was using it. I would have to call customer service to get this fixed. Luckily,my representative was local and easy to get ahold of. Overall, a nice software with a lot of functionality. It does take a while to get everything working (a lot of up-front work/data entry) but once everything is in,it's awesome. Lastly, the scheduling service is not very intuitive/friendly. It's difficult to build schedules and takes a lot of time to get then right.

Deanna
  • Industry: Machinery

Let iSolved hold your Hat!

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Pros

What I like most about iSolved is their flexibility to handle every unique employer situation and their continual improvements to make sure they are the total solution for any employer.

Human Resource professionals do not have just one hat to wear, no matter what their "assigned" role is within the HR Dept. Or, for those HR Departments of One who literally do it all....how many hats do you wear? Too many to count! iSolved has a multi-faceted solution for just about any situation. They can be as simple or complex as necessary to help you accomplish whatever tracking, reporting, or analysis is needed in your organization. Let iSolved hold some of your hats!!

Cons

When I first began using this software, I will admit that customer support and training was a little lacking. That said, iSolved is continually seeking feedback from clients on what areas are needed for improvement.... and they actually do something with that feedback! They have improved their customer service and training 200% from where it was in 2016. There are tools and resources available even after hours. I don't believe that any software is perfect, which means the support for the software has to be top notch.

Tracy
  • Industry: Farming

From an isolved supporter :)

Reviewed on 01/04/2022

Excellent, nothing buy excellence :)

Pros

At my previous employer I helped make the selection and implement isolved and it was so nice to work with the isolved implementation and customer service team. We had isolved timeclock, payroll, benefits elections, onboarding and ACA at my previous. When I started my new position the company was only using isolved for payroll processing and that was it. In the first year we changed to isolved time, added onboarding, benefits elections and ACA in twelve months time. Just recently we added the 360 integration for our 401K plan as well. Each step felt like someone was inhouse assisting me through each part of the implementation. I didn't have a worry since this was my second time doing this and I knew what to expect and boy did they deliver.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time. With isolved philosophy of constantly improving their program there is little time to worry about anything that may not be functioning to my standards. It's like they are reading my mind :)

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Decent Software, But Can Use a Little Work

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Overall, isolved does what you expect it to do, but there are occasional roadblocks which need to be overcome in order to have everything done completely. I would recommend it, but would also let people know about the occasional pitfalls that may come with it.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the fact that it allows users to input their data from a variety of sources, whether it be on the worksite itself, while on the go via the mobile app, or even at home, whether it be via a laptop, desktop or, again, the smartphone app. There are a couple of pitfalls associated with this benefit, which will be discussed in the "cons" section. Something else I do happen to like about isolved is the fact that it does not slow down whatever device you are using it on, compared to some other competing software, (this is probably due to the fact that it does not use significant amounts of RAM while a user is engaged with it). Lastly, something else I like about this software is the fact that it includes a private communications portal, such that users can communicate with their HR managers, without having to share what email, phone number, etc., the message is being sent from. Those who value privacy would probably find this feature quite appealing, (I know I do, for sure).

Cons

While there are definitely some positives to report about this software, as shown in the previous "pros" box, there are a couple of "cons" to report, as well. The largest one that comes to mind is associated with the isolved mobile app. Specifically, the app does tend to crash out of nowhere at times, causing whatever data that was being inputted into it to be deleted, thus resulting in it needing to be re-inputted. A potential fix to this would be for the inputted data to be saved in real time, or work on a fix that would prevent these crashes from occurring in the first place. A second "con" I have to report relates to the fact that the overall layout of the platform can get a little confusing at times, since sometimes it seems that the user needs to click on numerous different tabs in order to get to the page they are looking for. I had not experienced this type of complexity in the past with competing softwares, so eliminating that hassle would make the experience much more enjoyable. Lastly, getting a hold of customer service can take a while, as their hold times can get a little long. Fortunately, I have not had the need to contact them very often, but when I did, I found myself waiting for more than I expected to wait.

Chrissy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

The product is fine if you want something mediocre. I have been searching for other payroll companies and found a few that are far much better. I recommend PDS VISTA for an MEO type of employer. I am not an ADP fan, but I believe that would also be much better too. This is not worth the savings in my opinion.

Also, iSolved purchase Encore back in July, I believe. Since July, I had been asking for demo's in which i received no response other than a short 2 minute demo on their website. When I was finally contacted by iSolved to switch the product over, they only gave me two weeks to switch. Did not provide any demos because I was told that they will switch me and then train me. The data converted was a mess and the implementation team did absolutely no research on our company. Our date files are a mess and our retirement company still has not received a completed file from iSolved. At this time, I still have not received a demo on the other products I initially asked about. They just switch me over and dropped me.

Pros

We have multiple companies (multiple FEIN's) and it is nice to have every employee in one spot.

Cons

This product is not the best if you have an MEO with multiple locations with separate bank accounts. The system requires that you run a payroll for every bank account instead of one payroll per company. We were forced onto this software once iSolved bought out Sage Encore. The Encore platform was much easier to use in regards to processing payroll. In Encore, it took me 30 minutes (at the most) to process payroll. On iSolved, it takes me about 3 hours.

Employees must have an email to access their paystubs.

Customer Service is absolutely horrible. You DO NOT have a dedicated account manager. Your emails/phone calls are sent to a hub to where you are waiting at least 30-45 minutes on the phone or you never receive a response from an email. I have employees who have not received a paycheck, no response from iSolved and no assistance from them either. It is the absolute worst.

Brandy
  • Industry: Entertainment

First time experience

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

It was a rough start as we are brand new to ISolved. I think that the transition could've been done a bit better and eased new clients into it rather than abruptly. I think the customer service side needs more work, as well as the follow-up time.

Pros

I like that the platforms are easier to navigate through. I like that you have several options as far as time and payroll go.

Cons

I do not like the interface for the mobile view. I think updates should be done more frequently or covering more of the major issues as we are in a society of mobile devices and needing easy access to change/update information.

Reasons for Choosing isolved

We made the switch from ADP ezlabormanager because we wanted everything on one platform. We did not have much choice to switch to ISolved as Sage was bought out by them.

Reasons for Switching to isolved

We didn't choose iSolved by choice, we were transitioned in because iSolved bought out our previous payroll company. We thought that it would be better than the company we were with based on the demos, but had an extremely rough start and second guessing that decision. I think that maybe it will get better and if not we will have to go separate paths. I'm learning a lot but will need more help to figure out what I want to do.
Michelle

Great Product for the Money!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

We are utilizing the complete iSolved HRIS modules with the exception of MOJO. Payroll, Benefits, Time, iHire, LMS, COBRA, 401K file feed.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, and that iSolved continues to upgrade their features because they are listening to their customers requests. Administratively, I have found this system to be much easier to use than previous HRIS systems. The implementation team was great!

Cons

That salaried employees cannot use the absence function because it is tied to payroll. For our company, our salaried employees need to be able to change approved time off after payroll has been run, which unfortunately locks down that time frame, so we are forced to use our old HRIS system to track salaried emloyee PTO. Also, there is no one single place that has transparency for employees to see all of their time off accruals and transactions. Also, does not do payroll in Canada.

Colleen

Ease of use and robust features

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

We use iSolved to run payroll, manage recruitment and onboarding, open enrollment, benefits administration and other HR data. We love how easy it is for employees to have one login for most of their needs.

Pros

iSolved allows us to manage so much of our payroll and HR workflows in one program that is easy to use.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, we like all of the features we currently use.

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing isolved

Had a terrible implementation and experience with software and customer service.

Reasons for Switching to isolved

Offered more features we needed, and Proxus gave us white glove implementation and customer service.
Morgan

Getting better all the time!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

iSolved is a great system and I love that there are new updates all the time!

Pros

Easy to use for both admin and end user.

Cons

I wish there was a favorites menu for reports

Ascentis

Reasons for Choosing isolved

The reporting and ease of use with UltiPro was awful. Their support staff were only trained on the system and most of the time did not have actual HR or payroll knowledge.

Reasons for Switching to isolved

We bought iSolved through an Accounting firm because we value the specialized support they offer such as actual CPA's, tax experts, HR experts, etc.
Diana
  • Industry: Chemicals

iSolved is quality HRIS for small to mid-size business(es)

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Tax department is very slow to respond to requests or questions. Multiple emails back and forth with no call to the client. Would like to see SLAs for all functional areas as it relates to the customer experience.

Pros

Automation (workflow) - ease of access for the employee, reporting capabilities.

Cons

lack of test employee(s), test environment for administrators

Sofia

It does what it should do

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

It can make payroll a simple process, but at the same time, it can make payroll reporting a confusing process too.

Pros

The product is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It is a little redundant sometimes but it's accuracy has been tested too many times, and it always delivers. I like how easy it is to input payroll, and process reports. It is very quick.

Cons

I feel that someone could have a little hard time getting the hang of it when first implemented. All in all it is a very accurate program, it has potential, it's report writer is very powerful, but requires extensive computers knowledge to navigate through the multiple layers of a report.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing isolved

Paychex seemed a little more complicated than ISolved in processing payroll.

Paychex Flex

Price
greg
  • Industry: Hospitality

Not so Happy

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Just o.k.

If it was not for representatives, probably would have left a long time ago!

Pros

navigating the system is pretty easy.
Did love representative in support.

Cons

Do not like waiting on hold for support, and waiting for a call back is a good option, but can be on the phone myself when i get the return call.

Don't like the fact that the system does not have a good scheduling module, how to go outside to purchase scheduling module.

Seems like the I solved platform is getting outdated, and the company is having trouble staying up with the latest technology.

Been having a terrible time with timesaver support and getting PTO set up.

Dont like the fact that are taxes were not paid.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Veterinary

Best Payroll Experience I have had yet!

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Overall, we are very satisfied with the software and the customer service that we have received from the software.

Pros

They have a quick button that allows you to click and easily click and easily add a new hire. Different tabs allow the administrator to know if they are working on an employee, working on the business, working on the setup. The software is robust enough to create and manage all of your employee benefits.

Cons

Learning how to navigate the payroll system took more time than I had experienced with past payroll companies. I had to create my own cheat sheet that was simple, that would have been nice for them to provide for new users.

Susan

iSolved HCM review

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Pros

User friendly with full HCM features and continued expansion

Cons

UI needs a facelift and the support team takes a prolonged period of time to address issues

Kimber
  • Industry: Accounting

Best online Payroll Software I have used

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Overall I love using this software and I have been doing payroll for many years and used many different softwares. This is still my favorite.

Pros

I love that I can see all my changes in real time. I can view everything that will process before it processes. This allows me to catch any errors ahead of sending the file.

Cons

The customer service is not the best. They have gotten too big is my opinion and there have been some mess ups on their side which have been unprofessional. They do always fix the problems, but I don't think they should have happened in the first place.

Gina

Love this HRIS!!

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

LOVED the team and the dedicated reps. For sure best service around for such a wonderful tool!

Pros

Robust and super easy to use - very user friendly!

Cons

Would be nice if there was a built in expense feature too!

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing isolved

The service was horrible from ADP

Reasons for Switching to isolved

Better price point. Better customer service!