Brevo

4.4/5

1939 Reviews

Miguel
Miguel

Email marketing with most of the tools you need and the least limitations.

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

My experience with Sendinblue has been awesome, I use it for 3 of my websites, and the tools offered can definitely improve your business.

Pros

-Ease of creating an email campaign.
-Their own CRM is connected to user behavior.
-Even the free version is so complete.
-Integration with many apps especially several WordPress form builders.
-Multi inbox, manages emails and even Instagram messages.

Cons

-The landing page feature could be so powerful but it is outdated.

Acumbamail

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

I needed automation and more options for email marketing instead of just a newsletter

MailPoet

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Sendinblue was more intuitive, they also offered more options for the automated flows.
Mike
Mike

Sendinblue is a great email marketing platform

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Sendinblue. The platform is easy to use and the reporting features are really helpful in improving my email marketing results. I would definitely recommend Sendinblue to anyone looking for a good email marketing solution.

Sadly we missed alot of other features, so we switched over to a more complete platform. But price wise sendinblue is GREAT for email marketing!

Pros

I have been using Sendinblue for a while now and I have to say that I am really happy with it. It is a great platform for sending out newsletters and other automated emails. The reporting features are also really good, and I have been able to improve my open rates and click-through rates thanks to the insights I have gained from the reports. Overall, I would highly recommend Sendinblue to anyone looking for a great email marketing platform.

Cons

I didn't really like the fact that I couldn't personalize my emails as much as I would have liked. I also found the interface a bit confusing at times.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

I chose Sendinblue because it is easier to use and has better reporting features than Activecampaign. The platform is also a lot cheaper, which was a big plus for the customer at that time.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

Unfortunately, I left before I even sending out a single email to my subscribers.

Pros

As a small business owner, the thing that attracted me to Sendinblue was the pricing. At the time I was using this, my marketing emails were fairly low-tech and with a few trade-offs, I was excited that I could send to unlimited contacts using the free plan. It also offered some customizations with the free plan other services didn't, and I felt like the pricing for larger lists was extremely fair (as I was hoping to stay with them).

Cons

The backend was a bit clunky and felt fairly outdated, but I was willing to overlook that for the price. After setting up my lists, default settings, first email, etc. I got a notice that I would have to go through verification before sending my first email. The process was RIDICULOUS. I had to schedule a call with someone in France (which seemed odd, but okay). My call was rescheduled twice and then ultimately canceled. After a month of trying to verify, I ultimately switched providers. After having gone through all the setup work, I never even got to send out anything more than a test email to myself.

ConvertKit, MailerLite, Moosend and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailchimp became too expensive for the size of my business and email list.

Mailchimp

Response from Sendinblue

Hey there! My name is Nadja and I'm Sendinblue's Reputation Specialist. I'm very sorry you've had this experience with us, especially since it's our goal to support small business owners, helping them grow through marketing campaigns. Would you mind providing us with more details (User ID + contact address) so we can find a solution as soon and best as possible? You can contact us via this form: https://www.sendinblue.com/contact/, open a ticket through your account - provided you still have access - or simply provide more information via Capterra!

Thank you for your feedback and sincerest apologies. I can assure you that we're working on our product and service continuously.

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Nadja from Sendinblue

Morna

Great software, brilliant price

Reviewed on 09/12/2023

I am pleased with Brevo. It does everything we need at a fraction of the cost of our previous provider Mailchimp.

Pros

Ease of use. Cost. Functionality. It’s very easy to put together great looking emails. Scheduling is easy as is checking out how your email looks in different devices and providers.

Cons

I’m getting frustrated at companies who refer you through countless help articles before you can get in touch with an actual person.

Henry

Great Robust Features

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Pros

Unlimited lists, can use your own ip address, great automation features

Cons

pay per email if I run out of credits I can not send any more emails, wish email credits were cheaper to buy

Tony

CMM Review

Reviewed on 19/11/2023

Pros

Brevo is easy to setup and use and has good volume availability

Cons

We had some teething problems when getting started but seem to have overcome these in time

Mailgun

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

We use more than one product as we have high volumes
Julie

Good interface and usability with good price

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Pros

Easy to setup with very good tutorials.
No limit of contacts.

Cons

not saw cons yet, experience is very good till now.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Mailchimp limit the contacs, even you do not send to all customers.
Oleksiy

Easy to setup and maage campaigns

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Outstanding support, smooth onboarding and easy campaign management with zero learning curve involved.

Pros

Rich in features while simple to set up and run

Cons

Several limitations in features that more premium-priced product have

Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Pricing model and lack of scalability in terms of features

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Smooth interface, great pricing and overall product feel
Mahmoud
Mahmoud
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Digital marketing App

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Pros

It helps you grow your business by allowing you to create marketing funnels

Cons

It needs more spread and advertising to reach more customers

Davide
  • Industry: Sports

The best solution for newsletters

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Pros

They recommended Brevo, which at the time was called Sendinblue. It was initially chosen because with the free plan or at the minimum price you could have an unlimited number of contacts and enormous flexibility. Very intuitive about campaigns, templates and automations.

Cons

It is not possible to integrate Brevo with Elementor forms, which I use on Wordpress.

Eero
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best choice when it comes to small business email marketing

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

The software works well, the price is fair, I haven't had any issues at any point. Previously, I have used another (very popular) software with some earlier projects, and it was a nightmare to find what I wanted from their interface. Send in Blue interface is simple and well-thought.

Pros

We use Send in Blue to send occasional e-mail newsletters and marketing campaigns. The campaign builder works well; everything is easy to understand. I really appreciate the segmentation possibilities, that are even available for free accounts. Previously, I had to pay a lot to another software manufacturer due to ridiculous limits regarding segmentation and lists. I rather pay for the emails I send. Send in Blue is perfect from this point of view.

Cons

The software could have more integration options to the other tools I use, but I am aware that those are not the most common so I understand.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailchimp interface is a UI nightmare, you cannot find anything unless you are constantly using it and remembering the hierarchy of the submenus. Especially some settings are buried so deep that I much rather pay for a consultant than do it by myself. On top of that, there were some (in my opinion) ridiculous limitations when it comes to segmentation, lists and email amounts. I was super-happy to leave Mailchimp behind for good.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Price and functionality. In that order.
Daniel
Daniel

Brevo uses hidden policies to decide who gets to be a customer

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Brevo was easy to sign up, pay, and set up the SMTP links, but then a huge frustration to communicate except through a support agent that always had to send the information to another team. I understand the need to ensure email quality - but refusing to work with a client in any way is a horrible practice. It shows me that even if we had been a client for months, years, or since their inception (without any reason shared with us) that we could just be cut off and shunned.

Pros

Brevo appeared to have all the features we wanted

Cons

Brevo blocked us within hours of using the service without much of any notice sent to our administrator. They reviewed our email content with scrutiny and sent us screen shots asking what the intent of a specific email - which clearly based on its headers were sent to us and forwarded to a gmail account for a particular user. We also host an addiction recovery client whose emails may contain private and sometimes descriptive information about an addiction - we were also asked about those emails.

Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

We were looking for phone support for a lower cost.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

We selected Brevo for cost alone - but MailJet has proven to be a much better product than Brevo.
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Free but limited

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

Sendinblue is free and effective. The ironic thing is that we grew so much from using sendinblue that we needed a bigger and better platform.

Pros

It's free until you go over a certain amount of emails per month and your contact storage is unlimited, no restrictions!
Custom templates, automation/auto responders, custom CTAs, and click tracking are all pros. APIs for integration with your website.
The reporting is pretty well detailed.
Customer support is very responsive and polite. I was able to set up sendinblue very quickly and I had no problems using it.

Cons

Sendinblues free version is limited and when you go over the email limit you need to buy a subscription to keep using the service. The customizable templates are there but they're limited.. Sendinblue could be slow and glitchy at times, most often when sending emails with attachments.

SendGrid and Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

My free trial expired and I wasn't comfortable enough with the platform to pay for it. Sendinblue had an actual free version meaning I could learn to use it before moving up to a subscription.

GetResponse
Andrey
Andrey

Reliability of emailing service and deliverability

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Pros

We have been using this tool for several cases: transaction emails (notifications and conformations ) for our software service, email marketing campaigns, Analytics&Logs. These tools are very useful for us, as we need to provide various important notifications + instant alerts. Thus, reliability with deliverability is an important metric for us. The system shows about 94% delivered emails, which is a good number. Support is also very good.

Cons

We often experience issues with the reliability of service. The system got down or degraded each month, sometimes twice per month. So, our notifications were delayed for a couple of hours, and our customers didn’t receive instant emails with notifications. This is not so much important for email marketing campaigns, but for the transactions, this is the #1 priority, especially if you provide your service around the world. Hope, Sendinblue will improve its infrastructure and reliability.

Carmen
Carmen
  • Industry: Insurance

E-mail marketing made easy

Reviewed on 18/04/2022

We use it weekly and in some cases daily. It's easy to use, easy to get data and easy to setup and change according with the reports we are able to obtain.

Pros

The platform is really user friendly and it allows us to integrate data with our in-house developed systems.

Cons

The customisation of the design of each e-mail it's a little bit tricky, but we make it work with our own designs being uploaded in the platform.

Sender, Benchmark Email and Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mostly because we were looking for a better integration with our own systems and Sendinblue was the best option.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Our IT team felt comfortable working the integrations through Sendinblue with our systems, also the price for more than 100,000 sent e-mails was critical in the decision. The marketing department were also happy working with the data and reports the platform provides.
Don
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great UI, rock solid functionality and features

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

SendInBlue is a swiss army knife multi-tool that gives small businesses access to marketing, FB campaigns, Chat, Transactional, List Management and CRM all in one package.

Pros

What I love about SendInBlue is the ease of setup. Once you register, you can easily find what you're looking for. We do a lot of email marketing for our law association but do a lot more transactional emails. The SMTP features are easy to find and implement.

Cons

It's a bit more expensive than Mailchimp but gives your more flexibility. Would be great if you could get to the gallery of saved images easier. I love that you can add live chat to your website with SendInBlue the script is a bit heavy and can slow down page loads.

SendGrid and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Love the MailChimp brand. At the time, we switched it was a bit more difficult to use when implementing transactional email. Also, the features we liked - real time chat, CRM, appeared to be available on MC but through a third party. The final thing is we're not sure what the new Intuit ownership will change the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Broader mix of integrated services and ease of setup
Alexandra

Affordable + effective email marketing

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

We use Sendinblue to send promotional and education emails to our patient base. I am typically sending emails to specifically targetted lists. I have also dabbled in the Automation feature, and this has helped me to reduce my workload significantly.

Pros

Sendinblue is easy to use and is absolutely worth the value. It is easy to create beautiful campaigns, import contacts, and track results. I haven't explored many of the additional features, but for running basic email marketing campaigns, I cannot recommend Sendinblue enough.

Cons

I do wish there was better organization when it comes to the media library in particular. You cannot create folders for media, so it can easily become chaotic to try and locate media files.

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Campaigner's email builder was extremely glitchy and hard to work with, and their customer service was absolutely abhorrent.

Campaigner

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Sendinblue was BY FAR the best value. I felt trapped using Campaigner because all of the other options were way too expensive, and then I found Sendinblue. The price is absolutely unbeatable, and even their largest plan is cheaper than the competitors starter plans.
Aleksandar
Aleksandar
  • Industry: Media Production

Excellent mix of few marketing tools: CRM, mailing marketing and customer support in one

Reviewed on 19/03/2022

Use of Sendinblue in easy and intuitive - even first use. All you have to do when you approach to the Sendinblue first time is to check every menu and options - (or to read manual - nobody do that today...) and everything will be clear to you. You can use Sendinblue in full power.

Pros

Sendinblue is a web-based application, with real integration in every business-marketing workflow. You can work with you contacts at any place where you have internet and any internet-capable unit. It gaves to you full marketing power, with flexibility and your contacts are always with you. Marketing campaigns can start wherever you are in any time, and you can track all aspects in clean and user-focused UI. Integration with WP with Wp-plugin is excellent.

Cons

Main problems are minor - cosmetic. Sometime I have problem with contact data import from CVS with nonstandard/non-english characters. And, as always I would like to have more graphics style options, two-tree more modern graphics UI - as I said - cosmetic.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Price in first place. Sendinblue has everyoptions I need, and even more than what are my marketing needs.
Anant
Anant

SendinBlue - Perfect for Transaction Emails!

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

Basically we wanted an email service for our WooCommerce store which integrates well with WPMail SMTP and is free as we are just a medium service and its our first time testing such a store. SendinBlue is perfect and I won't leave it for anything!

Pros

- The best thing is the ease of use. Just email them your requirements and they activate your account in a day.
- You can add your custom domains in no time, and add as many of them you want.
- There is no delay in the emails being sent, everything is instant!
- All emails are tracked fully, the openings and clicks can be seen on your dashboard for each email.
- All design elements of the emails are intact.
- The 300 emails a day and 40 emails an hour limit for the Free plan is enough for a small to medium business.
- Integrates with most plugins on Wordpress (which we use), especiall WPMail SMTP which is the gold standard.

Cons

- There was no notification when the account was activated, so we only got to know about it when our site sent an email during testing and we received it. Opening our dashboard, we could see our emails being sent but still no kind of notification about when our account got approved.
- Sometimes emails are delayed but it is probably the end users email service responsible for that.
- Need separate activation and approval for marketing email campaigns.

Netcore Email API

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Pepipost had the worst customer service and didn't understand our business and rejected us for no reason whatsoever.
Jerry

Great product, fantastic A+ Customer Service

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Pros

It is easy to use with a minor learning curve. Whenever you are stuck, customer service has been amazing each and every time! Usually, message them through FB Messenger and they have replied within a day. That is really what sets them apart in my opinion! Might be "cheaper" alternatives around but this is invaluable!

Cons

The daily quota can be cumbersome. Also with us, as a new business, we run various contests. We know these are not our "ideal" customers but through them, we do find clients. The issue is, that a lot of time they are not as responsive to our emails, causing SendInBlue "precautionary" to put our account on hold due to the low open and click percentages.

It's a little annoying, but their customer service has always helped out. Fortunately, we can ignore those who don't respond to mail with future emails, but there's only 1 way to find out if they'll open or not...

Other than that, no real complaints!

Alexey

Great job, Sendinblue!

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

We use and love great automation module. It is very easy to make automation and manage it. I really love
graphic interface of automation.

Pros

Architecture and core ideas of Sendinblue are great! This guys know what they doing about email marketing.
Process of integreation was very easy. We seamlessly integrated it in about two days with our platform. API is very cool
and API documentation is clear as well. Core ideas such as lists, marketing and transactional type of mails are very useful and
help us to maintain great email processess.
Pricing is very flexible and soft, it perfectly fits our needs and growing plan. I think pricing is best on market now.
My favorite thing about Sendinblue is great support team. This guys are always on air and happy to help with any question.

Cons

No such things. I really like all edges of this product.

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Pricing on previous product was unapropriate for us.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Pricing, Web Interface, Support.
Clément

A great service at a justified price.

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Pros

Sendinblue is honestly the solution I've been looking for since the beginning when it comes to emailing and marketing automation.

It gives you the ability to organize your contacts in a very granular way through their list and tag management.

With their marketing automation system, you can send very specific emails to these users and add even more tags based on their actions (opened or read, for example), but I’m not done!

You can even "hijack" their marketing automation system to not send emails at all, but instead automatically add tags to your users after a certain action (or inaction) on their part on your website, which could then add them to another marketing automation system...

You get the idea, the possibilities are almost endless and if you are looking for the best system to track your contacts and talk to them in a very unique way, don’t look any further.

Another very important point is that Sendinblue charges you on the number of emails you send per month, not the number of contacts you have (yes, I'm looking at you Mailchimp). This billing system makes more sense and the ROI is much easier to calculate.

Finally, Sendinblue is growing more by the day, and propose now a CRM and a chatbot that I found very effective to convert my traffic on my landing pages.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much I don't like about their service. The chatbot is expected to become a paid option in the future, and that's a bummer. Their integrations with other services are also not as developed as it can be with other market leaders.

Check on your end to see if Sendinblue is compatible with your other critical services, they still have plenty of integrations.

Alaa

A low-cost, comprehensive system for organizing your email marketing operations.

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Sendinblue has given us the tools we need to manage and arrange our email marketing campaigns. We've reduced a lot of procedures and improved the effectiveness of our advertising efforts thanks to Sendinblue. We may repeat them again and over again within a particular time frame, all at a minimal cost.

Pros

Sendinblue is a low-cost tool for effective email marketing and campaign management. I enjoy how simple it is to create and organize contact lists, as well as divide them into sub-groups, which makes mailing fliers to them much easier. Sendinblue's ability to increase our contact lists without charging any more fees is something I like. I appreciate Sendinblue's ready-to-use concepts and templates, which make it simple to construct our campaign and add images and links. I enjoy the testing option since it allows us to analyze the ad campaign before sending it and make changes as needed. Add to that the option to upload materials such as presentations and PDFs as attachments. I particularly value the reports that Sendinblue provides, which allow us to see how many individuals have responded to our communications.

Cons

I found nothing to dislike about Sendinblue because it is really basic and straightforward to use. But I think it needs to be improved even more so that we can get more reports and analyses, which would help us improve the way we do email marketing.

• Industry: Entertainment

Easy and powerful email solution for marketing and transactional emails

Reviewed on 15/01/2022

I've used and tried other email solutions and always thought that this one (maybe for having so many google ads and promises) it was not very good. But when I finally started to use it, I was very satisfied and regretted not having used it from the beginning.

Pros

It has a beautiful and intuitive control panel, it is very easy to start to use, the customer support is great (even for free accounts), you have powerful tracking features on the go and if you're a small business probably you won't pay for using it.

Cons

I've been using it for almost one year and I like everything. If there's something that could be improved I would say to have a better direct integration with wordpress.

PostGrid Print & Mail, E-goi and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailgun seemed complex for a noob.

Mailgun

Free tier more generous.
Danny
Danny

Didn't work out for my team

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

We had better results elsewhere, but every organization has different needs.

We had better results elsewhere, but every organization has different needs.

Pros

The email builder and interface were both easy to use

Cons

We had poor results with email deliverability and weren't blown away with the list management tools.

Constant Contact and GetResponse

SendGrid

Response from Sendinblue

Hey Danny, My name is Nadja and I'm Sendinblue's Reputation Specialist. I'm very sorry to hear that Sendinblue didn't cater to your needs. Please do let me know if there's anything I can do on my side to help you familiarize yourself with the platform and improve your deliverability! You can contact us via our contact form or by opening a ticket through your Sendinblue account.

I do want to thank you for your feedback and can assure you that we're working on our product and service continuously.

Kind regards,