Eventbrite

4.6 (5,118)
Write a Review!
Build, manage, and grow events

(5,118)

• Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used for 2+ years

Great for non-profit events

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Our overall experience has been great and we have continued returning back to Eventbrite again and again. It works well with other websites and applications and it's made our events successful and easy to manage!

Pros

Eventbrite has been great for our ticketed non-profit events. There have been many times where we have needed to send out event invites that include tickets, a registration list, a form, and something easy to account for and Eventbrite was perfect for that.

Cons

Eventbrite lacked some customizable options for their forms. I wish we could customize a little more and make the form look nicer. I also think the credit card fees seem to be a little high.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

Eventbrite does not include a subscription like JotForm.
Pat
Pat
  • Industry: Music

Easy to use, All the features you need

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

Used them to great effect for several events, easy to use and integrate on Facebook, and the fees were relatively low considering the features they provide. Definitely would recommend to others

Pros

Eventbrite is a great platform if you have an event (or events) you are selling tickets to online. - Easy to integrate into Facebook Events so your followers & FB friends can purchase tix right from the events page. - If you have a scanner, you can scan tickets and register guests as they arrive so you know who has entered already, and who has not yet scanned their ticket at will call- Pricing is not too expensive in comparison to many other ticketing sites

Cons

I think Eventbrite could reduce their fee structure a bit. As they are not involved in the event itself, taking a portion of each attendee ticket sale (3.5% fee) in addition to their $0.99 Service fee seems a bit excessive. I realize this is likely the structure that has allowed them to grow to such a large business in the events space, but I think this model may be a bit much as event organizers also have to pay the $9.99 monthly fee to be an Eventbrite member. However, in the grand scheme of things - the convenience of the Eventbrite service is worth the fees so far. Really no other major gripes with the service

Candice

Useful service

Reviewed on 25/05/2024

Very good - could easily plan for my event however the duplicates in registration allowed for fewer individuals to attend my event

Pros

Easily accessible with different features
Different features like excel sheet of registration lists, website promotion, observing the ticket purchases can allow organizations to plan ahead of time

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult for individuals to access eventbrite as sometimes the registrations numbers are duplicated and organizations may anticipate more registrations than expected

Brenden
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Old reliable

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

Eventbrite is the easiest ticketing system to set up. It's very generic and targeted for non-professional ticketing people.

Cons

There are no advanced features available.

bulungu

Good and bad side of Eventbrite

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Pros

I like that the tool comes at a fairly good price compared to its alternatives and does a good job in marketing

Cons

The tool works perfectly and i have not encountered any issues

Ashlee
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy as pie

Reviewed on 01/07/2024

I use taco for when i have an event to go to. I am able to use the website it app so simple to the fact that you can save the ticket in your phone as well.

Pros

It’s a very easy process to rsvp for an event. There is no hassle. You basically do your own info and it’s as simple as pie.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. The only thing is once the link is viral it’s fine fairly quickly

Bridgette

Evenbrite helps my events shine!

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Pros

I love love LOVE Eventbrite. I make soaps and gift baskets and host private events. Many of my customers suggested they wanted a paint and sip type evrnt but with soaps. With Eventbrite, i can pick a date and my customers can reserve a spot. This has been a huge up sell. Eventbrite is beyond easy to use and i pay less than $10 in fees. There is also an instant transfer feature when i sell tickets. No one else has that.

Cons

i am struggling to find any cons. There are none.

lirim
  • Industry: Food Production

Best sofware out there to use for ticketing and reservations

Reviewed on 04/05/2024

Excellent, easy and user friendly software.

Excellent, easy and user friendly software.

Pros

It is so easy to set up an event. It took me less than 5 minutes to create an event for my organization and I could add pics to the event I created. Also, I was able to customize it however I wanted. I love Eventbrite and will continue to use it.

Cons

There is nothing right now that I don't like about this software. I have used it now for multiple occasions and I had a great experience using Eventbrite.

Brittany
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Loving eventbrite

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

Love it. Makes finding events so much easier and seamless!

Love it. Makes finding events so much easier and seamless!

Pros

The best thing about eventbrite is that I can easily search for events or invite people to my own events.

Cons

I wish more people used it so it could grow!!

Joel
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great platform

Reviewed on 28/06/2024

I've used the platform both to purchase tickets and to host events and I've found the process simple, effective, and reliable. It's a trusted name and I like knowing that the customer service is there to help if needed.

Pros

Ease of use when creating events, the organization functions and customizable features make it easy to use for a variety of ticketing events.

Cons

The overall look of the platform seems a bit dated and could use some more options for making it look more cohesive with other pages.

Charmaine
  • Industry: Automotive

Thumbs up to Eventbrite

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Pros

As a user, it is very easy to use, you click the event you like, you put your email, pay if it needs to and checkout fast. It sends you a confirmation right away and you receive notification or reminder upon the events. Even my old colleagues who were very into RSVPs in a very-old fashion way can figure out how to book an event for themselves and checkouts.
As an administrator, posting an event is very easy, it has automatic payment processing, basically, it's like posting a regular post and Eventbrite does the rest. I don't have to send invitations to everyone individually, waiting for them to pay and to confirm.

Cons

Everything actually looks fine, it's just money-wise, everyone wants something free especially since I'm only using it once or twice a month. There was one time that I was about to charge more than I expected too, but it's a good thing Eventbrite did something about fixing it.

Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Everything now actually works out on zoom, especially since the group is away from each other and that most of the people just want to stay home and attend meetings, events, and seminars online. So we do everything on zoom.

Zoom Workplace
Javier
  • Industry: Music

Crazy High Ticketing Fees - Froze My Payouts During COVID - Won't Stand By Agreement

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

Extremely painful.

Extremely painful.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to use. It's designed well.

Cons

Customer service really stinks at Eventbrite. They're just looking to get paid. Their fees are high, sometimes 15-20% depending upon your ticket price. They had agreed on our festival to payout daily leading up to the event but changed their mind when COVID hit (to hoard cash and save themselves while screwing their event organizers.) Now they are expecting people to pull off multi-million dollar festivals without collecting any of their ticketing money up front. The worst part is they froze our payouts without telling us, until one day we noticed the lack of deposits and logged into Eventbrite to find it. Surprise surprise! They have refused to renegotiate the contract but also refuse to release funds so we can pull off our event. Eventbrite is going to bring the event industry crashing down due to the way they handled COVID.

Kavya
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Easy to use + Reliable

Reviewed on 07/08/2023

Pros

I like that as an event attendee, I don't have to log in to register for an event. It makes it easy to register in a hurry. As an event host, I like knowing attendees can quickly register. I like that you're able to modify the event in real time (e.g. adding more seats) without affecting the event itself. I also like that you can get a database of the attendee info seamlessly (emails, name, etc.) It's a well-known brand so people trust it when you host an event through Eventbrite; in fact, I often have people ask if there is an Eventbrite sign up if I mention hosting an event verbally.

Cons

I've had trouble in the past hosting events on zoom where attendees were not able to get the zoom link once they registered. Many emailed me directly as it was not in their confirmation email. This may have been resolved but as a result, I always email all the attendees outside of Eventbrite as a precaution to make sure they have the zoom/virtual conferencing details after registering.

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

Eventbrite has a well-established reputation for events, unlike google forms, and I like that I can make events public and people can find the event by searching for it online or within the Eventbrite platform.
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A simple platform with the necessary features

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Eventbrite is a functional platform for marketing events and selling tickets. I enjoyed the simplicity but was not impressed with the overall quality or quantity of features. The fees are high and it's not always easy to understand or predict how much you'll pay in fees.

Pros

I like the user friendly interface paired with a simple layout. Features and functions include: Create your event with ease, market your event and sell tickets, manage registration and attendees. Collect data for attendees by creating customer questions.
Eventbrite is easy to set up and easy to get acquainted with.

Cons

The fees are structured in a confusing manner and they can spiral out of control if your event has a high ticket price.
Integrating eventbrite with other products can be frustrating, I often experience malfunctions and have even lost data.
I wouldve liked more features and customizable aspects.

Webex Suite , Ticketbud and Ticketleap

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Former products were not satisfactory or sufficient

Stova and Whova

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

The simplicity and ease of use drew us in along with what appeared to be fair pricing and fees
Adam

Elite Event Management Features at Reasonable Cost

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Eventbrite allows us to capture RSVPs and registration information for our nonprofit's events - both fundraising and community events. It can be used to run off badges and attendee lists for registration-required events. It's a platform that's used quite often in our broader community and trusted by our donors and volunteers. There are options to accept donations with registration, which has been helpful, as well.

Pros

Eventbrite offers top-level event management, registration, and ticketing features at reasonable costs, often added to ticket pricing and without upfront fees. Their free-tier features are excellent options for free community events and have save our nonprofit many headaches in managing RSVPs to fundraising events.

Cons

The more advanced features can be a bit complicated to navigate, with some options tucked and nested into other selections. Documentation is extremely helpful, though, and navigation is easier with just a bit of practice and experience.

Anvita
Anvita
  • Used for 2+ years

Eventbrite is Everything!!

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Overall my experience with Eventbrite has been fun, positive, and exciting. I love searching for community, charity, and music events to go to with my friends and family. Especially in the summer, there are so many festivals and shows going on that it can be hard to keep track, and all I have to do is search the type of event I'm looking for or the date, or enjoy looking through what they have on their homescreen and scroll until I find something I'm interested in (which is usually never a long time!). I have really enjoyed my experience with Eventbrite and would highly recommend. I have registered for and gone to numerous events that I only discovered through eventbrite with my family and friends many often, and I will happily continue using it!

Pros

I LOVE using Eventbrite to find all the local events going on around me. I go to shows and events often and I love this website so much for having so many things that are going on in one place. I love the website, it looks alive, updated, and active. The website alone has a nice look that suits its own purpose. What I love most about this service is that I can find more intimate community events that are closer to me, such as 5K's and even charity golf events, etc. that I can't normally find on "bigger" event websites. There is a wide range of events to choose from, and I love that they include community and charity events as well. I also love the checking out process, it is so user friendly and I feel secure checking out. Oh I almost forgot- I also absolutely love that I can 'search' for what event, place, and date I am interested in. I can type in "charity" and an entire list pops up, and I really appreciate the convenience and central location of finding out what's happening around me.

Cons

As with most event and ticketing websites, there is a fee to check out when buying tickets for any events that are not free. This is to be expected, and probably the only thing I "dislike" about this service. Otherwise I love that I have a range of free and ticketed events to choose from, and that for free events I can go ahead and register from Eventbrite. No other complaints here!!

Abhishek
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Review for eventbrite

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Pros

Some pros of Eventbrite software include:User-friendly interface: Eventbrite has a clean, intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to create and manage events and sell tickets.Robust ticketing system: Eventbrite offers a wide range of ticketing options, including general admission, VIP, and discounted tickets, and it integrates with popular payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe.Promotional tools: Eventbrite has a variety of promotional tools to help users reach potential attendees, including social media sharing and email marketing.Comprehensive feature set: Eventbrite offers a range of features to help users manage their events, including tools for managing registration, creating custom branding, and tracking ticket sales.Widely used and trusted: Eventbrite is a well-established platform with a strong reputation, making it a reliable choice for event organizers.Customer support: Eventbrite offers a variety of support options, including a help center, email support, and phone support, to help users with any issues or questions they may have.

Cons

There are a few potential drawbacks to using Eventbrite as a event management and ticketing platform:Cost: Eventbrite charges a fee for ticket sales, which is a percentage of the ticket price plus a fixed fee per ticket sold. This can be a significant cost for events with a large number of attendees.Limited customization: While Eventbrite allows you to customize the appearance of your event page and ticketing forms, the options for customization are somewhat limited compared to other event management platforms.Complexity: Eventbrite has a lot of features, which can be overwhelming for users who are new to the platform or who are organizing a simple event.Customer service: Some users have reported less-than-satisfactory experiences with Eventbrite's customer service.User interface: The Eventbrite platform can be difficult to navigate, especially for users who are not technically savvy.Integration issues: Eventbrite may not always integrate seamlessly with other tools and platforms that you are using for your event, such as email marketing or CRM software.Limited payment options: Eventbrite only supports a limited number of payment gateways, which can be a problem for users in certain countries or regions.

Marc
Marc

Solid Event Hosting Option With a Few Quirks

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

With a large number of "event applications" out there, Eventbrite has found its way to the top of that list thanks mostly to their easy to use interface and well thought out back-end that not only covers all of an event host's bases but also integrates with other areas of their marketing. Free to anyone who isn't requiring payment for tickets, Eventbrite makes it easy to quickly put together a good looking registration page fast, without the hassle of payment or subscriptions. The paid feature for anyone requiring ticket fees is a little more rigid in how the user can collect it's money which can make it a little tougher to work with depending on how badly you need the revenue from your ticket sales. The payment processing fees are still reasonable, though.

Pros

-Powerful system that provides a large number of great features (creating, promoting, tracking, checking-in, analyzing) for free
-Event page creation is quick and easy. If you want something simple, you can be done in minutes. If you want to customize different areas of the design and registration process, you have that ability as well.
-Integrations with outside marketing platforms like HubSpot and MailChimp allow the user to connect their other marketing platforms together to create the most powerful event marketing toolset you could ask for.
-Relatively good analytics and reporting sections gives you solid insight into how successful your event was and where you can improve moving forward.
-The mobile application (Neon) for event hosts makes checking in attendants a breeze by either scanning the printed tickets Eventbrite provides or just finding their name and swiping your finger across it!
-Customer support is relatively attentive (I've averaged around 3-5 minutes on hold before speaking to a representative via phone) and the knowledge base they've set up on their website it pretty helpful when it comes to answering some of your intermediate-level questions around customization and platform functionality.

Cons

-The paid feature is a little rigid when it comes to payout structure compared to other options. You normally can't receive payout for your ticket revenue until your event ends, making it a tough option for those looking to promote an event months in advance who need the revenue now. Definitely something to consider. They provide early payout, but depending on how much revenue you're expecting to generate, that may not even be a viable option.
-Customizing your registration page with your brand's colors, logos and images can be difficult and require some coding skills. You also won't be able to get rid of the Eventbrite branding so anyone looking for total design control may not like this option.

Rony

Eventbrite: A Game-Changer in Event Planning and Ticketing

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

My overall experience with Eventbrite has been extremely positive. From start to finish, the platform provided an intuitive and user-friendly interface that made event planning a breeze. The powerful promotional tools helped me reach a wider audience and boost ticket sales effectively. The robust ticketing system offered flexibility and seamless payment integration. The comprehensive analytics provided valuable insights for optimizing my event strategies. With excellent customer support, Eventbrite truly exceeded my expectations and made my event planning experience a success.

Pros

Eventbrite has completely transformed my event planning experience. The user-friendly interface made setting up my event a breeze. The powerful promotional tools helped me reach a wider audience and boost ticket sales. The robust ticketing system allowed me to create different ticket types and seamless payment integration. The comprehensive analytics provided valuable insights for optimizing my event strategies. Overall, Evenbrite is a game-changer in event planning!

Cons

While Eventbrite is an impressive platform, there were a few areas that could be improved. Firstly, I found the fees associated with ticket sales to be slightly higher compared to some other platforms. Secondly, the customization options for event pages and ticketing could be more extensive. Additionally, although customer support was generally good, response times could be quicker during peak periods. Lastly, the reporting features, while informative, could benefit from more advanced analytics for deeper insights. Despite these minor drawbacks, Eventbrite remains a reliable choice for event planning and ticketing.

Angel

Enormous capabilities to manage all stages of events and ensure a distinctive organization

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Through Eventbrite, we were able to organize a lot of the events that we do periodically to introduce our new products, and indeed it helped us during the organization and sending the invitations and knowing the number of people who confirmed their desire to attend and we were able to prepare their records and also document all the guests’ observations with high accuracy.

Pros

Eventbrite is very creative, and gives us great solutions to organize everything related to the events we organize. I like how easy it is to post event information and details, and we can add links and images and format them as we see fit. I also like the way the event invites and promotional links are sent, which are easily sent in various ways by Eventbrite to pre-selected contacts. I also appreciate the ability to receive and process payments directly through Eventbrite, and I also love the logs and reports that can be generated by Eventbrite during all phases of the event, as well as after the event, which includes comprehensive stats and also collects data for you collected from attendees.

Cons

I don't think there is anything wrong with Eventbrite, it's very special and easy to use and helps you organize and manage events very efficiently.

Karen
  • Industry: Accounting

Super Easy to use and understand

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

I would use Eventbrite over and over again. It was so easy. Once I got going. The options for setting up your events, down to tracking and the reports. Simplified my experience as the Host for our Family Reunion. Our family has been using Eventbrite for the last 5 years. Much better than waiting on money to come thru the mail. It also made the Registration for the Reunion so much easier. I just printed out the list. Then checked them off as the family members showed up. I was able to see if they paid for the Cookout or just the dinner. Some paid for the entire reunion. I knew how much to buy for each event.

Pros

When I signed up to host our 56th annual Family Reunion in Clearwater Beach Florida. While not only myself lived in another state. So did a lot of the family members. Using this platform for registration and payment. Saved me so much time. No more tracking lost mail with money orders. No more wondering about who was coming and who wasn't. I was able to do all of my registrations online. The monies were automatically sent to our business account. I never had to go inside the bank. I just used the Debit Card to pay for the Reunion. They also give you an option of when you want the monies deposited. Then sure enough. It would be there. I did not have to worry about any return items. The money was always there. This made shopping a lot easier. I was constantly receiving monies months b4 the Reunion. I did not have to use any of my personal money. Unless I chose to.

Cons

The only issue that I had at first. Was setting up several events within the same platform. We had ticket sales for kids attending. Then there were the ticket sales for the adults. I also had to break down the different events for the weekend. Because, some of the family members were unable to attend. All of the events. So, I had to price every event. I also found a small glitch when sending thru text messages. The link kept breaking.

Charissa

Fundraisers for Canadian Non-Profit

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Since our organization began hosting events 5 years ago, we have only used Eventbrite, because of its ease of access both as the administrator as well for our guests. Features such as scheduled emails to attendees, questionnaires on the registration form, and diverse ticketing, allow for diverse events to occur for our organization.

Pros

The diverse options in ticketing - such as scheduled tiers, limited tickets per tiers, promo codes, and by-donation, allows for accessible ticketing, especially as a non-profit hosting fundraising events. Our attendees range from not only audience members, but donors, volunteers, sponsors, and prospective program members. With this diversity comes unique perks such as - for different level of sponsors they have X number of promo codes for X value amount. Having these features available to be built into the event page, allows for effective and efficient ticketing and event attendee management.

Cons

Ease of attendee contact information acquisition: we value staying in touch with our supporters (donors, volunteers, attendees) - whether it be through follow-up thank you emails, inviting them to future events, or connecting them with new opportunities to get involved. When collecting the data - the primary option that is given to collect information like names and emails of the attendees - a PDF is provided, which limits our ability to add the attendees to our internal database. (For example rather than being able to bulk copy-and-paste, the user must either manually input or go to each individual separately). This turns a very simple task into quite a timely task.

Gordon
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A Popular platform for finding interesting events in your city

Reviewed on 07/08/2023

Overall, Eventbrite is a powerful platform for event organizers to promote and manage their events and for attendees to discover and register for various events. It has become a go-to choice for many due to its popularity.

Pros

I have been using Eventbrite for a while now to find interesting events in my city. It is a simple to find find and register for events. The payment of event tickets is also pretty straight forward as it provides the major and common payment options.I like that Eventbrite easily integrates with Google Calender and therefore whenever you sign up for an event, it is automatically registered in your calendar which provides you with a reminder system for your events. For some events, you even get an option to book for specific desired seats. Since Eventbrite is popular, many event organizers will opt to use it for their events and you as a user are guaranteed to find a good variety of events to choose from.

Cons

Due to its saturation and competition, some events may choose not to use the site to register for their event. In other words, you may not find all the events in this site and might be forced to look for some events in other less popular sites.

Heidi
  • Industry: Automotive

Eventbrite Experience

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Pros

The data analytics tools are fantastic! I like how it equips us with all the different functionalities regarding analyzing our audience and marketing.

Cons

I would hope the payment system could be optimized more.

James
  • Used for 1+ year

Helped our Check-in time by 55%!!! YES 55%!!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Ease-of-use, Great Simple Solution that is WIDELY Accepted and Embraced by the Users! I'd like more (easier) customization options for the novice, but I know I cannot have everything. Some of that may be me as I worked with Apple quite a bit and their Training and documentation my have me biased. They have a bite-sized Micro-learning modules for just about everything!

We've used at least three others and this is leaps & bounds better than those!

Pros

OK 1) Easy-to-use Interface 2) Outstanding Central Hub for an Event 3) Helped us to Sell Tickets and Take Registrations - made it a lot easier to do and explain "how to do" for others 4) Whether at my desk or mobile at-the-event I can see and access everything! 5) User-Experience continually comes in at well-above 95% - Better than anything we've ever used! 6) Eventbrite's honesty because they tell what it CAN DO and then they help you to figure out (using a 3rd Party) to get what you want ! I am not going to go on and on, but I guess I just did! Lots to Eventbrite!

Cons

I'd like to get payout/ticket rev before the event ends, but I suppose it could be us. Also, I am not savvy as I should be to change/update colors/graphics/look-and-feel, so for me it was a lot of launch campaign, but forgot____... Or did not clearly know how to ____. I did access their online tools/FAQs and other training, it was just OK, not stellar. However though, I deal a lot with outstanding companies (Apple) that provide bite-size micro-learning modules for just about everything, so maybe it's just my bias.