Buddy Punch Reviews

4.7/5

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous.
Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Michael
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Buddy Punch - a value added tool for our small business

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

Delighted! As a trucking company and having resources starting their shifts at different times and in different locations it was "effort" in tying this all together to ensure everyone was being paid for correct times - doing payroll was a chore in calling and requesting and then finally imposing deadlines or you don't get paid which pushes other things back in processing payroll... Week one of deployment -> all those issues disappeared!!! Well done Buddy Punch!!!!

Pros

Simplicity of use which made adoption within our organization easier

Cons

Because of it's simplicity, I overcomplicated it for our trial period and had everyone in the organization trying it. To launch, we decided to recreate our site and started running with only the team members that are required to punch in and out

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

The cost for our initial deployment and the relative ease in scaling as we grow our business

Response from Buddy Punch

Michael, it's fantastic to hear how Buddy Punch has streamlined payroll and time tracking for your trucking company. We're thrilled that the simplicity of our tool made adoption easy and resolved the challenges of managing diverse shift times and locations. Your experience of seeing immediate improvements in the first week of deployment is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback and for choosing Buddy Punch!

Antonette
  • Industry: Human Resources

EASY TO USE!!!

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

accessibility - computer or phone
easy to use

Cons

not able to schedule vacations in advance

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the shout-out, Antonette! It's great to know the ease of use and accessibility of Buddy Punch on various devices meets your needs. For scheduling vacations in advance, our Time Off Calendar is your go-to tool. It allows for future planning with just a few clicks. If you have any questions or need a walkthrough, our support team is ready to assist. Your input is invaluable to us!

Sean

As an owner, I don't have any problems with Buddy Punch, but my employees have several...

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

Pros

It makes it easy for me to view and edit time cards as needed. I also like how I can create different categories for employees to clock in under.

Cons

My employees have a terrible time with Buddy Punch. The app does not work on a couple of their phones. When they do punch in on the computer, the buttons don't function like they're supposed to. For instance, they try to punch in and edit time, but it just punches them in and doesn't allow them to edit their time. It has also automatically punched an employee out five minutes after punching in (they did not punch out).

Response from Buddy Punch

Hello Sean, I'm glad that we've been easy for you to use. I'm sorry to hear that your employees are having problems but thank you for the feedback. We have 2 features that will automatically punch an employee out. We can split shifts at midnight, which keeps time within each day, and we have a maximum hour in a shift. This will automatically punch an employee out as well. Sorry for any confusion on these features. We appreciate your business.

Rhonda

The Champion of Employee Time Tracking

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

Pros

Buddy Punch is super easy to use, and has all the features one would need to have an efficient time tracking system. The customer service is top tier, and the reps are incredibly knowledgeable. Not only is Buddy Punch easy to use, but it is affordable, even for a small business. I've recommended Buddy Punch to others, and they love it. Glad I found them.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I have come across since using Buddy Punch.

Response from Buddy Punch

We're absolutely delighted to know that Buddy Punch has been super easy to use and efficient for your time tracking needs, Rhonda. Your kind words about our customer service and the affordability for small businesses are greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to hear about your recommendations and the positive feedback from others. Thank you for being such a strong advocate for Buddy Punch!

Nikki
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Best time clock we have ever had!!!

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Pros

Ease of use. Also, if an employee does not punch out we are notified. The Geofence is great.

Cons

Nothing at this time, it has everything we need.

Response from Buddy Punch

Nikki, thank you for your glowing feedback! We're thrilled to hear that our time clock has met your needs, especially with features like geofencing and missed punch-out notifications. Your satisfaction means a lot to us. Thanks for choosing Buddy Punch!

Shea

Great Tool

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Pros

Great tool for clocking in! I like that I can do it from my phone!

Cons

If the internet is down it may make it tricky to use.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for sharing, Shea. It's fantastic to hear that the mobile access of Buddy Punch is making clocking in a breeze for you. We recognize the difficulties that can arise without internet access and are looking for ways to improve that area. Thanks for pointing this out and for being a part of our community!

Jaydeep

Very Useful Software

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Pros

I liked all the features and it's very Useful employee management.

Cons

It requires to ask permission for camera

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for acknowledging the usefulness of Buddy Punch when it comes to managing employees :) We're glad the features meet your needs! Regarding the camera permission, it's designed for added security, but we appreciate your input as we strive to balance convenience with privacy. Thanks again for your feedback, Jaydeep!

Monique
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Buddy Punch is extremely user friendly

Reviewed on 23/02/2024

Pros

accuracy and easy to navigate. It is easy to go back and check your past punch ins.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Buddy Punch.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your kind words, Monique! We're thrilled that Buddy Punch's user-friendly design and the ability to easily check past punch-ins are making your experience a positive one.

Jessica

Easy to punch in and out

Reviewed on 23/02/2024

Pros

It is easy to use and when i forget to punch in, I am able easily able to edit and submit for approval and still get paid on time.

Cons

Editing my punch was a little bit confusing at first. You need to punch in and out before I can go in and edit. Once I figure it out it was no longer a challenge

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Jessica! It's great to know that Buddy Punch's ease of use has been beneficial, especially when needing to edit punches. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Katie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It was more cost effective and much easier to contact for help.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

Anne
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Pros

Buddy Punch has made it easy for our practice since we expanded and now have staff in remote locations including staff that work from home. It's user-friendly and makes the supervisors'/managers' jobs easy when it comes to approving timecards! Payroll report is easy and it works with SurePayroll which is out payroll company.

Cons

I wish the phone app can delete auto punchouts. Currently, we have to log in to the online platform in order to do so.

SurePayroll

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

It had limitations and wasn't working well for staff that were working remotely.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It appeared to be easier to use and more user-friendly.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Anne for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us user-friendly. I'm also glad to hear that our integration with SurePayroll is helpful too. We appreciate your business!

Cathie
  • Industry: Insurance

Buddy Punch is the BEST!

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Pros

I like the fact that the support staff is very willing to try to accommodate requests that we have.

Cons

I would like it if we could put Exempt employees on the system, just to track PTO.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Cathie for the review and kind words! We always try to help with support, even if we don't offer a feature we try to find a way to accomplish what you are looking to do. In regards to employees just tracking time off, they can do that too - there isn't a requirement to track time. We'll reach out with more details, thanks again!

Ana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I am a fan

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Pros

I really like that it tracks and accrues PTO & holiday hours. I don't have to ask anyone what my PTO balance is! I think its smart to be able to add a schedule if you happen to work the same amount of hours each day - much easier to add. I also like that I can add a comment or note of some sort, if needed.

Cons

I feel like there are some visual layout aspects that could be improved - or at least offered as a setting option. For example, I a m a visual person - I would love it if I could select a calendar view for seeing what I have entered for the month already. But I realized not everyone would like that layout, hence the suggestion for an optional setting to change the type of view.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ana for the review, it is great to hear that you're a fan! We appreciate the feedback as well. Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

CHRISTINA
  • Industry: Information Services

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Pros

Ease of use and online accessibility. Easily to use reports.

Cons

Time Card Approval is a little redundant and repetitive.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Christina for your review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Our time card approval feature is an optional one, it can be turned off it not needed. Thanks again!

Mia

Easy and simple to use

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes.
If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time.
I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off.
I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel.
Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Josh
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good Product

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Mike

How good is buddypunch?

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching...

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs.

Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button.

They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time.
Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site.

There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Pros

Good design

Intuitive

Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Domanic
  • Industry: Law Practice

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Rafael
  • Industry: Hospitality

Payroll Time Savior

Reviewed on 04/08/2016

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Alex
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Simply the BEST in the industry -

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Pros

Buddy Punch is incredibly user friendly, easy to navigate, and has all the right tools and more for every day on-site or remote operations. Their customer support is second to NONE - always super responsive and knowledgeable while providing BEYOND this world stellar customer service. Regardless of industry - Buddy Punch is a great and reliable tool to improve efficiency and productivity.

Cons

The mobile experience could benefit from adding features only available on the browser and there are some reporting metrics that are missing but these are all minor items as the platform is very incredibly solid overall.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Alex for the review and kind words about our support team. We really do try to make it best in class and we're happy to hear that it shows! We appreciate your business!

Misty

User Friendly

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

It easy and for a company with different divisions and multiple buildings it solves the issue of having an actual punch clock in one area. everyone can clock in from their work station.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and i can memo when i clock in and out. this allows me to let management know why i am clocking in or out outside of office hours.

Cons

When you missed clocking in and have to edit your time it does not calculate that adjusted time. it sends a submittal for approval and you have to manually calculate the hours worked until its approved.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for your feedback, Misty. It's great to know our memo/note feature is useful for you. We're taking note of your concerns about time adjustments and are always working to enhance user experience. Appreciate your input!

David
  • Industry: Veterinary

Employee Scheduling

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Besides being easy to use, the buddy Punch team is knowledgeable and can answer any question you might have about the software.

Pros

Easy to use. Many of my employees are students with ever changing schedules. Buddy Punch is easy to use and change schedules weekly or even daily as things come up. BP tracks the time the employee is logged in so I don't have to.

Cons

No cons. It does everything I need in scheduling and time tracking.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you David for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our scheduling feature and that everyone on your team is finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

Kenia
  • Industry: Legal Services

Super Convenient

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Overall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.

Pros

I love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.

Cons

I don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.

James
  • Industry: Government Administration

Handling Complexity with Ease

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Overall, great! When I've encountered any issues or corrections to be made, it is usually handled in a few minutes not days or weeks, and the help features are detailed yet easy to follow,

Pros

We spent three months trying to get a time clock system launched with a system from a really big company. The customer service was terrible, responses took days, and in the end they could not handle our somewhat complex PTO requirements. We switched to Buddy Punch and were up and running almost immediately. Buddy Punch gives you all the control and flexibility you could ever want.

Cons

I would still like a phone number to call in a pinch.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for picking us and the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us flexible and our customer service has been there for you. We make that a focus so I'm glad that it shows. We appreciate your business!