Showing 1,350 reviews of 1,288

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

4.6 /5 (1288 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 1,350 reviews of 1,288
Kishore K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best tool for SEO and competitor analysis

Awesome

Pros

Gives Traffic details of competitors Month on Month
Very useful for SEO on tracking keywords

Cons

Price is high compared to the value for individual marketers for a single company

Tom V.

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

Response from SEMrush

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer them!

Jay B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nice SEM tool to have

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics)
Feature rich
Easy to Use
Free trial period
Competitive Research

Cons

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links
Position Tracking a bit inaccurate
Log files doesn't support .log format

Response from SEMrush

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Neal S.

Powerful toolkit for internet marketers & SEOs.

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

The tools are very reliable and error-free. If you ever need help, SEMRush support is fast and helpful.

Pros

Whether you are boosting an existing client's website or prospecting for new clients, SEMRush is a powerful set of tools. If you are trying to get a new internet marketing/SEO client, some of the well-designed reports are very convincing closing tools. If you're serious about online marketing, you need this platform.

Cons

SEMRush has so many tools and options in it's platform, there is a learning curve.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Neal, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Lauren B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent SEO software

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

I could spend all day in the software, and now that I have it, I couldn't work without it.

Pros

My favorite products within the software include keyword gap analysis, keyword magic tool, comeptitor analysis as well a position tracking.

Cons

It's only as good as what you put in.
I wish the heatmap for listing management was included in the Guru package, or the packages were more customizable as I don't use half the features in my package but would like to add other extras that are more relevant to my scope of work.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Julian R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

We’re new to it but we’re slowly falling in love

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Pros

Easy to use and accurate. I like that it actively helps you get to where you want to go from your current performance and not just bland reporting where you have to figure out what could be wrong.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to get around the UI but once you’re up and trained it’s like riding a bike

Vasilis S.

Rank with Semrush

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords.
If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100.
That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them.
Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition.
A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank.
As usual you have to know your business.
Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors.
I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use.
Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc.
There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand .
There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site.
The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information.
That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic.
The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank
And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there.
That is a serious problem with the tool.

Laura C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account.

2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM)

3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better.

4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

Response from SEMrush

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Mary A.

Easiest and Most Robust Option

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Pros

So easy to use. When we decided to make the switch company-wide earlier this year I was happy to see that there were so many educational resources for our teams to easily get onboarded. They all picked it up quickly and the transition has been smooth. Our old SEO tool lacked many of the features SEMRush has, so the team has been excited to start playing with all the new things and we're even creating new deliverables for our clients because of these new features.

Cons

The API documentation could be better. Part of the reason we switched to SEMRush was the ability to use the API for much of our reporting. It's frustrating that you cannot download organic research time series data from the UI into a csv and that the only API option is for a full domain, not per url or subdirectory. The documentation of the API was also quite frustrating as we had to decode what some of the abbreviations meant.

Chad H.

My Go To Analytics Tool

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

SEMrush is one of my essential tools needed to perform my job. Without it's vital data and information, I wouldn't be able to provide the excellent service my clients expect and would not be able to improve their website.

Pros

I enjoy a variety of features that SEMrush provides me. Domain analytics reports are incredibly useful to me in my role as an SEO link builder so that I know the sites I'm gaining backlinks from are trafficked. Keyword Analytics help me determine how well my clients are doing for their Keywords while also providing ideas for new content to capture new Keywords. Lastly, the projects section offers tons of technical SEO information on my clients' individual sites so that I can ensure their continued health.

Cons

The only thing about SEMrush that I don't like is that it's honestly TOO MUCH information. I really need to enroll in their academy so that I can learn more about all the tools at my disposal

Response from SEMrush

Hi Chad, thank you for this great feedback and for this amazing review of our tool.

Ariel L.

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that.

My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content.

Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler.

Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs.

Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this.

That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Ankur S.

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

SEMRush is an industry leading tool

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

I used to like AHREFs more, but I've come to trust SEMRUSH. I've used it for several years in conjunction with other tools. Although it's probably not the most advanced in terms of AI for things like content analysis, it's on par with most other offerings (most AI tools are still pretty shotty anyway).

Pros

What I like most about SEMRush is the ability to perform several key aspects of SEO in one place, KWR, technical auditing, and offsite auditing while knowing that the tool is comparable in quality to AHREFS, MOZ and other industry leading tools.

Cons

I'd like to be able to copy all tables from the site directly into a spreadsheet. It works for some tables but not for all. This would save tons of time compared to downloading and converting CSV files. The limitations on users are annoying and costly too, but not different from what I've seen from other SAAS tools. The crawl tool also doesn't allow a quick export of say, pages and page headings which makes using a second tool like Screaming Frog necessary.

Grant B.

Full Marketing Suite

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Overall a very powerful tool. Great customer service.

Pros

SEMrush has everything in one place. It has some great stand alone features like gap analysis, content template and writing assistant and the domain analytics we use daily for research. Then within a project you get a great site audit that touches on a lot of technical items, position tracking with several set up options for tracking via city, zip, etc. You can track mobile, tablet, desktop, organic and local. The backlink audit is helpful in keeping an eye on your sites backlink profile and the link building tool is helpful in tracking your continued link building efforts.

Cons

Set up can be a bit over whelming as is the amount of features. However, over time you will pick all of it up and continue to learn more. We have been using the tool for over 2 years now and I am still surprised by features I come across or different ways of using them.

Greg D.

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share.

I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days of SEO, but it's close. You can search keywords and actually return quality, actionable data that you can use in your AdWords campaigns, on-site SEO, and Social Media optimization.

Then once you've found the words you're looking for the Keyword Magic function allows you to drill down and discover long-tail and phrase match keywords. Whether you're looking for keywords to help you rank locally, nationally, or across the world, SEMRush is the best option for the money in my opinion.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there.

That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Tim J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Response from SEMrush

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

Jamie P.
  • Industry: Food Production

Super tool for content development and actionable competitive tracking

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

Keyword and research features for new content development as well as integrations with Google Analytics and Google Documents for fine tuning content for not only SEO but readability and voice are beyond useful. It has decreased desk research time by weeks for new topic content development, writing and optimization. I also love the competitive content and traffic view I can create and reporting that is baked in.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more intuitive for a learning user. While it has a robust toolkit of features, sometimes I get lost in the complexity of technical SEO valuations and how I can use what I am seeing in my dashboard to my advantage/what is truly actionable by priority.

Camille W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Content planning must have

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

I’ve found a lot I’d great keywords and competitive analysis! It’s also helped me find errors that have been a huge help to rankings and tech updates.

Pros

The keyword research can’t be beat! There is so much information to find the perfect keyboard for your content.

Cons

It’s clearly created by a development team, and then average user often has a hard time figuring out the pieces without spending several hours getting to where they need to be. It’s also crazy expensive compared to other tools on the market.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Camille, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Have passed your feedback to our Ui/Ux team - we are working to improve it!

Brandon S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great All-Around Tool for Short-Staffed Teams

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

I see SEMrush as a core tool for digital marketing. It offers a lot of value for the price point and there's always more that you can use it for (if you have the time).

Pros

SEMrush is like a Swiss Army knife, full of features that can be used for a variety of digital marketing needs. The SEO and advertising keyword tools are very helpful as well as the competitive intelligence tools.

Cons

The massive feature set can also be overwhelming. In an ideal world, you would need a full-time, dedicated position if you wanted to maximize all the tools and features. I'm also a little suspicious of the data quality because the tool is priced so low. It usually correlates with other data sets I use, but it is not surprising to come across data points that just don't make sense.

Stephen brent M.

More features than it needs

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

SEMrush is a great tool for SEO and I am able to get all the information I need by using it. From keyword rankings, movement over time, technical issues, and location-specific information, it has everything me and my team need to successfully monitor and manage SEO for our own business and clients.

Cons

They try to be everything to everyone, which diminishes the value of the software to me. For example, I am not looking for a social media posting tool from my SEO tool. Because of the amount of features, it puts them at a higher price point and I am already paying for some of these features from software that is built specifically for those purposes. Focus on one thing and do that one thing really well.

I also find the pricing model for additional users to be extremely high compared to others. Moz allows you to have 10 users for a similar price, but you have to pay close to double for additional users for SEMrush. It doesn't make sense for a team.

I would like to see them spend less effort adding new tools not related to search and focus that effort on their UI, which feels clunky and outdated.

Thomas R.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Great tool, easy to use and would recommend to anyone looking to get data on a website's performance

Pros

I use SEMrush everyday and it really helps my company determine who to target and who to avoid. Since our software performs best for companies who produce quality web traffic, it is vital for us to know how well a website performs before we decide to reach out.

Cons

I don't know how accurate their numbers are, it seems that the numbers are very conservative so it is sometimes hard to get an exact picture of a website's performance. This likely isn't an exact science though and seems to be the case with other similar tools as well. SEMrush does seem more accurate than others I've used before.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Thomas, thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you solve your daily tasks with our tools!

Alfredo S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

An essential tool for any content marketer

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Pros

There's a lot of value packed into SEMrush. We use it to run technical SEO audits, do keyword research, monitor our social media engagement, track our keyword visibility, and so on. One useful feature that they don't advertise as much as they should is the SEO writing assistant for Google docs.

Cons

The additional charge for extra user seats is steep. Also, the limits on the number of times you can run the SEO writing assistant isn't clear.

Brent S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Fantastic value for money

Reviewed on 01/02/2020

Introducing SEM rush was the start of our SEO revolution and helped with significant ranking improvements.

Pros

Easy to understand actionable insights, also able to hide insights that are unable to be changed. Thus keeping the focus on achievable actions.

Cons

Other platforms do sometimes go into more granular detail but for me I prefer the insights from SEM rush as they are far more actionable.

Svetla M.

Great for insight on organic se positions and comparing with competitors

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Very easy to use and set up, the best option for getting the big picture of where you stand in organic search results and how to keep optimizing. Great for planning your paid Google ads.

Pros

Insight on what keywords account for your search engine traffic, for different local markets, spying into competitor paid ads, getting traffic for keywords so you know what keywords to optimize your content for, keyword gap

Cons

Pricing what I like least. This software is a must for anyone who wants to optimize their site and ads but many times it's difficult to convince the customer to keep paying for it. So optimisations keep going, but blindly.

Response from Semrush

Hi Svetla, thank you for leaving a review for Semrush! We have a nice feature - My reports, they help tracking progress of your SEO efforts. Probably it could provide a full picture of how your work is paying off to your clients. You can also compile a list of all keywords your client is organically ranking for and show them how much paid traffic for these would cost. Hope it helps!