Miro

4.7 (1,553)
Write a Review!
Miro is a visual workspace for innovation

(1,553)

David
David
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

FigJam

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

FigJam
Rachel
Rachel

Miro is the Master of Teamwork and Collaboration

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

We've started using Miro as a tool for brainstorming and sharing our thoughts. It's been a great way to generate ideas and make rough drafts of our projects. This method is effective because it allows us to briefly describe the benefits and drawbacks of each idea.

Pros

Online teamwork is fantastic. To let others contribute to the whiteboard, just send them an email invitation. Including people from outside the team in the project's development is beneficial. Miro is a portable and functional whiteboard app. We can now put things into some kind of order that makes sense.

Cons

Because of Miro's per-user licensing structure, everyone who wants to work together on a project must chip in. The issue is that you cannot invite individuals for the sole purpose of reading without purchasing a license for each individual user.

Best way to visually collaborate with clients

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

It helps give us a birds eye view of the projects we are working on. That allows for clients to easily understand what we are doing and give us feedback.

The ability to use colours when adding comments allows us to start associating colours with certain messages which allows one to know if there are things to be attended to with just a glance.

Cons

It tends to require a lot of CPU resources which can be an inconvenience because one tends to use it in conjunction with a design software like sketch/photoshop which also require significant CPU power.

Mariam
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Great Performance With Miro

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Miro is a wonderful platform that gives meaningful outcomes.

Miro is a wonderful platform that gives meaningful outcomes.

Pros

Miro is a wonderful workplace that has a great impact to me and it is easy to use. It helps bring ideas together inorder to solve problems.

Cons

Nothing at all l, Miro works wonderfully.

Yasith
Yasith

Best online drawing tool

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

It's the only tool that I've enjoyed drawing online. I use it for both personal and work-related drawing. The overall experience is really positive.

Pros

It's the user experience that made me switch to Miro. The diagrams you draw look really good compared to other tools like Lucid Charts. Drawing diagrams and connecting them together is really easy compared to other tools I've used. Sharing the diagram is also easy and you can follow someone when they are explaining something on the board. I also really like the template library that they have. They also have a Mac app which I really like.

Cons

There is nothing much I don't like about Miro. It's a little expensive.

Bruna
Bruna

Best whiteboard on the market

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Pros

Miro is EASY. You can invite anyone to collaborate with a board and it will be easy - even to a person with not much contact with collaborative tools.

Cons

I don’t like how SLOW it comes when we have 20+ people working together.

Rodrigo
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing tool to create processes mapping and ideas

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Overall experience is very positive with Miro. I for sure recommend Miro especially for remote workers.

Pros

What I like most is that we can collect team ideas and inputs and visually see the processes we want to create or an idea we want to bring to life. I just love it

Cons

Nothing specific that I dont like. Happy enough with the tools

• Industry: Design

Multifunctional & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

Pros

Collaboration tools are easy to use. Interface is pleasant.

Cons

I like everything about it. There have been no issues.

Kate

Great for interactivity!

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

Pros

Miro is great for remote teams looking for interactivity

Cons

I wish there were more pre-made templates

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use and looks professional

Reviewed on 24/05/2024

Pros

I can hop in with literally zero training and make a flow chart or idea board that looks professional.

Cons

Some UI functions like zooming in and out can sometimes be clunky but that's probably due to my lack of formal training.

Satya

Best collaboration tool

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Bluescape and Ziflow

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.
John

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Kelly M
Kelly M

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Sarah
Sarah

Collaboration and PM are easy with Miro

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Miro excels in providing a framework for structuring data. Miro also makes it simple to create shared boards for group work. In my current use case, I cannot imagine a situation where Miro would be less suitable or less fit.

Pros

Miro is used in many ways in my organization, both internally and externally, and in a wide range of projects and interactions with stakeholders. We use the software for conceptualization and planning, charting the customer and partner journey, designing processes, and gathering user input. It's useful to be able to see ideas on a screen and work on them with a group of people all at once.

Cons

It may take a while to grant someone access to the board. Once or twice, someone we added to the board didn't immediately gain edit privileges, but I suspect this was due to a problem rather than a lack of features.

Laura
Laura
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Miro is a powerful collaborative tool

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Being able to work in tandem with my team in real time is one of Miro's greatest strengths. As a result of being able to share my board with my team, we have been able to collaborate on ideas in real time, which has been invaluable to the success of our projects.

Pros

I've used Miro extensively, and I can attest that it's a fantastic resource for facilitating communication among groups and coordinating the development of cohesive plans. Even those who aren't particularly tech-savvy will have no trouble navigating the UI. Moreover, Miro includes a wide selection of templates and drawing tools, which I've found useful for rapidly and easily producing visualizations like diagrams, mind maps, and more.

Cons

However, I have discovered that when I have numerous people using my dashboard at once, it might become a little sluggish. But I've learned to adapt, so it hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Miro is a fantastic tool for team collaboration

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Because of Miro, our team is now able to work together much more efficiently. It allows us to easily record our thoughts graphically and relay them to the other participants in the conference call. No longer is it necessary for us to explain obscure ideas.

Pros

Miro's user-friendliness and collaborative nature make learning about it a pleasure. Its whiteboard features are intuitive, allowing multiple team members to make changes or generate new spreadsheets at the same time with minimal effort.

Cons

The lack of a simple polling option is something I find lacking in Miro. A polling mechanism connected with charts and graphs would make updating charts and adding integer values to tables more efficient.

Carl

This tool has so many good uses

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

We started playing with it for wireframes with free licenses. Then had a workshop with a customer and needed to by a couple of users and since then we haven't looked back. We use it a lot.

Pros

Easy to invite free users to a workshop/session and it is so easy for them to participate and contribute. Totally hassle free to start working with.
And the use cases are so many. We do a lot of SCRUM meetings. We do wireframes, brainstorming, workshops, idea management and more.

Cons

Tried doing a Product Roadmap and it is very visible but a hassle to do and update so I don't use it for that anymore.

Uizard

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Cheaper and a lot more areas of use. Balsamiq is just wireframing and you need the installed product in order to view a project so sharing wirefreames with dev. became a hassle

Balsamiq

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Easier to use and Miro has a lot of more areas of use
Katrina
Katrina

Miro solves our need for a single project collaboration platform

Reviewed on 04/09/2023

The updates and integrations that Miro consistently rolls out only serve to improve the user experience. Together with my colleagues, I use it all the time to visually prototype ideas, train and educate, and plot our future moves.

Pros

Miro can adapt to nearly any circumstance and is very user-friendly. It doesn't restrict your innovative process and is simple to communicate to coworkers. With Miro, we now have a central hub for cross-departmental brainstorming and project development. This facilitates better content management and comprehension.

Cons

I feel like I'm only using a small portion of the capabilities, the price is a little high, and the board organization is terrible, so I often wonder whether a cheaper, simpler solution might suffice.

Syamir
Syamir

Flexible digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Nigel
  • Industry: Automotive

Miro Review

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Migrating the team from Visio and Edraw was easy as the user interface was very intuitive. I have also used Lucid in the past and am happy to say there is little chance I will ever leave Miro

Pros

Miro provides me with a unique feature set that is difficult to find packaged as one product. I like that the ability to move around sets of a diagram and Miro will automatically adjust everything to fit in frame,

Cons

There are some features that I may never use and would like if I could pay less as I don't use it, however I think Miro is very reasonably priced so not a deal breaker.

EdrawMax , Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Visio was very expensive, Edraw was not intuitive and difficult for the team to adjust to. Not sure if Lucid has fixed it but moving around parts of a diagram was time consuming as it would not automatically readjust the rest of the diagram

Reasons for Switching to Miro

All in one package of features, easy to use so little retraining require for the team and intuitive layout adjustments.
Francisco
Francisco
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solution for brainstorming and great useful tool for group projects.

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

By displaying all of the possibilities and ideas on a clear whiteboard, I am able to have a better grasp of the study and determine a path for the project. Having a Miro board facilitates teamwork since collaborations in Miro provide various benefits by offering feedback during brainstorming, and Miro's rapid reaction during collaborations aids us in this process. Miro is what I use for group projects and presentations, especially mind mapping and information collecting on a collaborative whiteboard.

Pros

Miro is usually the ideal choice for my brainstorming and research sessions, with a highly user-friendly interface and enough of area for thoughts. I also like the process in Miro, as well as the templates and possibilities it provides. I enjoy the amount of information you can maintain on the board; the board provides a nice overview and makes group work easier; sticky notes and frames are particularly useful. It's fantastic to be able to design dashboards that aggregate all of the information, allowing you to view the large picture while focusing on the minutiae.

Cons

Research category divides within a dashboard should be more defined, and frames may include more color options or their own identities. Miro might also provide better tools for exporting individual notes or references. Text boxes only allow for a limited amount of text; occasionally more than bullets are required, and it would be ideal if the text box could store an entire A4 page of text; it is hard to utilize earlier boards since active boards are restricted.

Marlyn
Marlyn
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Miro - Nice visualization and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

We use Miro in my team to dynamically participate, brainstorm and work on ideas in a fluid and interctive way. Integrations with other plugins and tools also enhance the experience, allowing us to centralize our activities on one platform. And when it comes to ideating, drag and drop functionality and schematic elements remove any technical limitations, giving you the freedom to think creatively.

Pros

I have been using Miro and it has been quite an intuitive and versatile tool for my team, whether small or large. The platform is easy to navigate, and the free templates really help us get started with brainstorming sessions, meetings, and discussions. Since we introduced Miro into our workflow everyone has found it easy to use, what sets Miro apart for me is the real time collabortion feature.

Cons

I really don't have any point at the moment.

Beth W
Beth W
  • Industry: Entertainment

Miro is a robust workspace for uniting teams during projects.

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Using Miro has been a journey full of success and our investment on this product is bearing us great fruits. We have been able to develop a very productive culture of working on and managing our projects. With Miro, we are able to visualize our work when developing games and this helps us get focused on building very effective and well designed games for our projects.

Pros

Miro unites us when at our workplace by giving us an excellent shared workspace where we collaborate on our games development projects. It also allows us to have clear visualization of the entire games development cycle from planning to the final product. We love using it as it help us organize and plan our work using gantt charts, flowcharts and other product maps. We mainly benefit by staying committed and focused on the right and most important work. It gives us easy to use dashboards where we are able to visualize all our tasks by drawing diagrams to represent them.

Cons

Miro interface is a little complicated and we actually struggled a bit to understand it. But we are glad how the support team took us through the entire journey and they made everything get easier for us.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo

The most versatile board tool

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Njoki
Njoki
  • Industry: Printing

The power of collaboration, work planning and management lies in Miro.

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Miro's gain has been incomparable with the misses. With Miro, we have been able to achieve a successful workspace where we can collaborate on our work as a team, plan our work and visualize how we are progressing with the work. With Miro, we are ensuring that every project we have is completed within the right timelines and everyone is involved in the project.

Pros

There is a lot more that we are able to do with Miro from collaboration, planning and organizing our work, mapping and visualizing our work and much more and this allowed us to reduce the number of products we are having at our infrastructure since we solving multiple problems with just one product. Miro allow us to strategize our work and lay straightforward plans using Gantt chart to direct us on how to go about it. Also, it helps us to map our projects in terms of flowcharts and diagrams for better understanding of how we are supposed to have a systematic flow of work delivery.

Cons

It being a robust product with multiple functions in it, sometimes it get a little confusing on which features you are supposed to choose for your work.