2,300 reviews

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Organize task with monday.com

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Its rich feature and tools make everything is possible with monday.com. The automation has help me to set and forget some of my daily task.

Pros

There so many thing that can be done with this software, and the flexibility is the best compared to other software. The task manager is very visual, that help me to see clearly which task has more priorities and need to be done first.

Cons

This software surely has its learning curves and take a bit of time to master all the tools that on the software. Overall, there are nothing much to be dislike with this software as everything is working perfectly.

Stuart G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Life changing enabler of productivity for all sizes of team

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Already covered in previous question in part.

Not needing to remember things
Empowering team to tackle tasks in an order which suits them within the bounds set.
Improvement in productivity and customer response.

Pros

Visual, its very easy to visualise tasks and see what you and your team have on by ways of workload.
Initiative, although it has many features, all are logically positioned within the webpage so you never find yourself being lost in menus.
Customisable, the boards are completely yours to design, own and use. Changes can happen instantly and hassle free meaning things can adapt to the needs of the team.
Support, when ever required, support has been readily avaliable and responsive. Bugs, although rare, have also been resolved quickly.
No subtasks, so many say sub tasks are a con, but sub tasks really cause issues and it's how to lose things, so a flat task structure hugely improves clarity.
Live system, updates and task status update instantly for all users in real time. No "who has the task spreadsheet open?" anymore.
General, this is a "to do list" which is Initiative and interactive which once properly implimented for your team will revolutionise work flow.

Cons

Speed, as use increases and boards become larger, the interface is significantly slower. Promised improvements in speed have yet to be seen.
Bulk updates, there are bulk update features for tasks however these are unavailable for all column types
Large boards, large boards are hard to mannage due to speed and bulk update/automatic date fields etc.
Bulk import, importing from excel recently avaliable is good but limited

Adir R.

A robust project management tool for every need

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Monday.com helps team collaborate and manage projects of any sort and size easily, with fully customizable dashboards and task lists.

Pros

Monday.com is almost too good to be true. It's flexible, it comes with a ton of customizations and automations, and it lets you manage any type of project in whatever way you please.
We're using it daily and it makes our lives so much better.
Oh, and their support is superb.

Cons

First off, pricing. Monday is not cheap, and they charge by sets of seats instead of individual seats. So if you're a team of 6 - you have to pay for 10 seats, which - on a software that isn't too cheap - can be pretty annoying.
On top of that, their Android app is sub-par, and I find myself using the mobile web version instead of the dedicated app.

Response from monday

Hey Adir - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that monday.com has made your lives easier and you've had a good experience with our support team. As for our pricing, we hear you and understand where you're coming from. We're always working to improve our pricing approach, and appreciate your feedback.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Versatile project and task management for anything

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Pros

Have tried a lot of software, nothing comes close to the versatility of this software. Can be slightly higher cost than alternatives but is a great replacement for excel, databases and a project manager. Webforms can also be used to collect info. Swinging between project, gant, maps is easy.

Cons

The chat/mention system is probably a bit more confusing than other systems. However, I wish that i had found this solution earlier, we have across multiple project management providers as haven't found the right solution.

Adam J.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros

Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons

Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

Bethany M.

Monday.com is a MUST for organization!

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

I would still be using Excel sheets to keep track of our admissions process if I had not found this program. I can't imagine not having it. It has truly allowed us to do multiple tasks at once and keep our team on track. I can't recommend this enough. It is super easy to use and the color coded boxes and ability to drag/drop make it a breeze!

Pros

I use this daily to keep track of how students progress through our application process. Our SIS doesn't allow for the functionality of what Monday.com can do. I was looking at other products and they didn't have what we needed or seemed confusing to use. I saw an ad for Monday.com and knew it was exactly what we were looking for as a team!

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I don't like about using it.

Zachary C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

We finally know what we are doing!

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros

Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

Zane B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I can't even imagine how my life would be without Monday.com

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I use this software daily. It's so easy to set-up and very user-friendly.

I turned all my friends to customers of the app.

I love the customer support, literally, they respond within minutes. I messaged them on Black Friday and I got a response in 10 minutes. That's EPIC!

Pros

Time Tracking and Team Collaborations are my top used functions. I love being able to see where I am at with my work and how my team is doing too.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with Pomodoro. I use my PC to remind me to take breaks every 45 mins.

Lauren H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A Long Way In Business Management

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Very positive. It's easy to use and powers through weekly workflow and truly makes the experience worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this program specifically for calendar and workflow purposes.

Pros

As a business creative and freelancer, Monday.com provides the necessary input to drive the workflow of any company. It provides fully integrated services and meets the ultimate tools necessary to make end goals meet. I've worked, for years, in art and design agencies that rely heavily upon client growth and quality of detail. This program really pulls through with its available technology and automated programming. But the one factor that truly resonates with me, in Monday.com, is its ability to take your preferences and tailor it into a productive and speedy interface. The quality of the layouts, for each part of Monday.com, really stand out (in a positive manner) and help the user to determine where they need to go quickly and efficiently.

Cons

That it doesn't have card or note templates available, like Trello does. I'm not here to compare them as one is better than the other; but rather that each one has their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of all, this would be the only minor setback that can easily be adjusted.

Sanskriti G.

An outstanding approach to project management; Monday.com

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Monday.com was the absolute choice for our office. We are able to manage project tasks including scheduling, employee retention, on-boardings and so on. Overall, Monday.com has enhanced our office productivity by engaging the team members at work, tracking down the entire progress. And with reporting and visualization tools including Timeline view, Gantt charts and graphs, we are able to keep track of everything we need at work. Well, we had a positive experience with the application, and we are satisfied with its overall performance.

Pros

Monday.com is great for project management. The application is pretty straight-forward and has smooth navigation. The application contains the well suited Kanban- boards and provides streamlined overview of overall project, and is favourable when it comes to customization and editing. The pre-built project templates saves time when you're starting from scratch and its pretty much easier for the basic setup and implementation on your desk.

Cons

The only cons, I find in the application is that- you need to upgrade to Pro to utilize the overall features. If you're thinking to start with Basic plan then there's limited features, even the Maps, Charts and Calendar are available in upgraded plans. If you're implementing Monday.com for small work-spaces then I would suggest you to go with Standard or Pro versions.

A great tool to keep a team organized and keep management up to date.

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

As a manager of a marketing department made up of multiple team members, I always found it tough to stay on top of what everyone is working on and where they stand. Monday allowed users to assign tasks back to me when I needed to review and give them my input. It has also helped me better understand how long some these projects take to determine the value of them compared to our investment. This has been an excellent tool for us and it has really helped me have peace of mind that projects are being worked on and are not being forgotten.

Pros

Monday is incredibly customizable. It took us some time to get it right for our team’s needs but once we did, we found it saving us a lot of time and saving me the headache of questioning if a project was on schedule and where it stood. You can drag and drop, assign projects, and add different columns as needed. You can create private boards which is great to use as a manager. It also integrates with your Google calendar.

Cons

You can sometimes find yourself spending too much time organizing yourself that it isn’t productive. We had to cut back on some of the features because it was just too time consuming for our team. Reoccurring tasks could be improved. It’s easy to duplicate it but to have it set up to where it comes every quarter or every other week would be great.

Dana B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easiest Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

I find this much easier to use than Excel spreadsheets, because data entry via Excel is not my core competency.

Pros

Monday is the easiest PM tool we've found, and it especially helpful to people who are visual learners. Color coding and easy of assigning people to tasks make it ideal for our PM needs.

Cons

It doesn't have a huge number of capabilities, but software that does is 1. more difficult to use and 2. not as easy to see and understand the status of items. It does have customization and integrations that are helpful.

Will C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Visually Appealing Project Management

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I've been evaluating monday.com for the past year, and I'm looking to expand its use in our organization here in year 2 of using this software.

Pros

I really like the overall look of monday.com. It's very visually appealing and easy to see and organize projects and tasks. The Gantt Chart feature is amazing!

Cons

Monday.com is not as intuitive as I would like. It's a little difficult to understand and setup repeating tasks through the automation feature.

Solid project management platform, great customer service

Reviewed on 01/01/2020

It's a better platform than SmartSheet, Jira, or Asana but still not super inexpensive. It works great for large-scale collaborative projects or companies that have rigid compliance processes, but otherwise, a Google Sheet can work just as well for far less.

Pros

Really great customer service, fun to look at - not the usual Excel spreadsheet look of a lot of project management platforms.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly and some of the nomenclature doesn't seem to work for our team - they are a bit more old-school.

Corkey S.
  • Industry: Design

LOVE

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I LOVE IT. I have used other products that aren't as robust and really just offer another stream of communication.

Pros

I have a thousand things to do. Monday.com is the best product that I have found for project management. Now that there are "sub-items," it's even better. A great way to keep things on track and avoid letting things fall through the cracks. It's even a nice, organized way to let people who aren't on Monday.com to know what I've got on my plate. I export PDFs of my boards and share them with my team so that they can visualize what's in the works.

Cons

My company hasn't bit the bullet to pay for the service. I've been considering paying for it myself, but I don't really know how that will affect our current set-up. I would hope that more of my co-workers could use the software so that I could assign more tasks directly. This is a budget issue more than an issue with the product.

Hannah C.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Phenomonal

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Ability to organize my thoughts and stay on task. Reducing immeasurable anxiety and panic. This has been more beneficial to me than any other organizational product I have ever used.

Pros

The functionality is fantastic. It is very simple to use and it is amazing at tracking where you are with a task. I use it for graduate school. And when I graduate I will use it for my business. It is a brilliantly simple way to lay out everything you need to keep up with. And not just for a day or two, for as long as use the software. I have had frequent issues with staying on task. I simply can't keep track of everything. This software has helped me so much and I really can't say enough. I have always been a firm believer that it boosts your drive to work harder and keep going when you can see your succeses and visually Monday.com is great at this. You can see where you started, what you've finished, and whats ahead all on one screen. You can also alter it to see things you had trouble with in comments and what your grades were on assignents. It is just fantastic. However, the best feature of this software is the people behind it. They are incredibly helpful people who are uterly dedicated to ensuring that ALL of their customers are heard and well taken care of. All around a phenomenal experience with this company and their software

Cons

I dont know. For my purposes it has no real cons except perhaps if they created a version specifically geard towards students? Maybe. The functionality is incredible though. So you can twilor it to meet your needs like I did.

Jonny C.

Good tool for granular task management

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

For team based activities and in-depth project management, this is a very good cloud based resource.

Pros

For those projects that had a lot of collaboration as a team and required tasks to be delegated and split down to a granular level, the amount of features and details Monday offers helps to keep things documented and clear. There are a decent amount of features you can add per task, and the customisation on boards is also very good to suit a number of different purposes.

Cons

The amount of detail and granularity makes this, in my opinion, unsuitable if you need a more light-touch task manager or if you are only managing tasks by yourself.

Great tool for tracking projects

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Monday.com has changed the way we managed projects. We used to have to have 2-3 different tools to keep up with projects, but with Monday.com, we have everything we need: project managing, time tracking, deadlines, team members, all in one easy tool!

Pros

This software makes it easy to track all projects. You can easily tell which step of the process it's in and who the project is with. Deadlines are easy to track as well, with "overdue" feature. This program is easy for every one in involved!

Cons

Monday.com can be a bit slow and lagging at times. When you have a lot of pulses going, the formatting slows way down, making it hard scan quickly and with ease through the projects.

Oscar T.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great for effective team flow.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Pros

I see Monday as a little bit of Google doc , Trello and Microsoft Excel put together to form an effective program. I like the interface ,and the numerous amount of features I am able to leverage on as a Monday user.
Monday allows us to pass instructions ,tasks ,manage team workflow and even celebrate successful completion of projects amongst team members more efficiently than was the case ,before we adopted Monday. I appreciate the high standard the Monday support crew have maintained over the last one year ,we get response to any query we send to the Monday support crew in less than fifteen minute at the worse. Obviously software providers out there have got one or two things to learn from the Monday support crew.

Cons

Monday is overly expensive.At some point last year my organization was paying for a Monday enterprise plan ,necessitating the need to downgrade to a professional plan where we still get billed every other month.

Nimit J.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Monday.com helps fine-tuning your Monday blues at work!

Reviewed on 06/03/2021

Pros

The Product has infinite functionalities basically making it an all-in-one Project Management tool for all kinds of businesses. As a Marketing Executive, I have experienced a smooth transition from manually keeping notes of upcoming tasks to automatic algorithms that help assign relevant tasks with one button click. I can now track and work on multiple products, can decide my priorities with task rating, and update progress bar controls without wasting time on long emails to my Marketing Manager. I am happy with my current 2+ years of experience with Monday.com and look forward to many more!

Cons

There are so many functionalities, that learning every one of them and understanding how to make best use of it is quite overwhelming sometimes.

Valerie T.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

I haven't had one issue with using this product. It has a sleek, colorful interface. It's super easy to add new projects and organize tasks. Adding photos and files is a snap and tagging people for comment is super helpful. I've tried other project management software, but haven't been satisfied with any of them as much as I have with monday.com

Pros

I've tried SOOOOOO many different project management software products, and this is by far the best. It was so easy to use, that i recommended that my church share a board for our projects on my account, and they instantly fell in love. It's so easy to share files, quickly see the status, keep track of deadlines and collaborate. I recommend this to anyone who has a ton of projects and is looking for an easy way to organize it all.

Cons

It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it.

Meghan D.

Simple, Effective, Visually Robust

Reviewed on 21/11/2016

monday.com has made Project Management within our organization so much easier and more efficient. After numerous trials with other PM programs that were overly complicated and text-heavy, we found monday.com to be much more appealing to our creative minds through the color-coded options for organizing and managing projects and the tasks within them. Our team can quickly and easily tell where each project is at throughout each stage of our process by the color we associate with each trackable phase. It is so incredibly simple to use from a tracking standpoint, as you can tag people in updates, see who has seen each update, and the like button allows you to acknowledge having seen it without the need to submit a whole response, creating unnecessary clutter. Conversations can be had and kept organized within each pulse's updates. You can pin important things at the top of each project box. Uploading files is a breeze since it syncs with your computer, Google AND Dropbox. It's so much easier than emailing files back and forth, and even just using Dropbox by itself. It keeps everything together in one place. We love the drag-and-drop feature, as we can quickly reorder our projects based on priority if needed on the fly, or move projects to different groups with no trouble. It keeps us all in the loop and up-to-date with our clients' projects, allows us to keep in-depth track of everything that transpires over the course of the project for reference purposes and accountability, and provides an at-a-glance view of our overall workload in a comprehensive, yet simple fashion. Customization is great; we have been able to cater this program to work the way we need it to without being confined by certain programming restrictions as we found with other similar programs. The way it integrates with email also helps keep our progress on point, and the ability to respond back to updates via email eliminates the confusion caused by having multiple conversations across multiple platforms. We have the freedom to make it work for us, which is what makes this tool so invaluable to our company and to our success.

Christine T.

There's isn't a price I wouldn't pay for this kind of efficiency

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

After spending gratuitous amounts of time searching for time/project management software options and coming to a dead end many many times, it was beyond refreshing to encounter monday.com for so many reasons!

Every single other project management tool not only seemed like our team would be reluctant to use it, but we were exhausted of putting our focus in excel sheet after excel sheet to hold members accountable for their to-dos.

monday.com allowed not only allowed an accountable, easy-to-use software to help streamline our processes, but we could finally visually MANAGE an entire company's roadmap for A-Z.

Our eCommerce company is and forever will be eternally grateful for monday.com- thank you for putting things in perspective - from both a team POV and a management POV!

Pros

-Easy to use
-Visual
-Constantly updated
-Great customer service
-Package options
-Not an excel based service
-Can be filtered to desired visibility (lower sales doesn't need to see management unless desired, warehouse doesn't need to see accounting if desired)
-Highly customizable
-Cross-functional
-Desktop notifications are helpful

Cons

-Would love to see it as an application instead of a web-exclusive service

Renee D.

implementation has been easy and simple, displays and dashboards are visually interesting

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

It provides us with visibility to all the projects the members of our team are currently and in the future, working on. This allows us to see capacity among our team and to report the various projects and their status to our leadership.

Pros

The ability to use colors, set up our projects the way we want to, flexibility of the system, customer support has been responsive and helpful, online help is very useful and organized well with a great search feature

Cons

The flexibility of the product is both a benefit and challenge, you have to play around with multiple iterations of the boards to find what works best for your team. It would be great to have some level of alerting for due dates indicated in either the timeline feature or the date feature (ex: set up to receive alerts X days before something is due). For example, if it was a setting, either at the account level or the board level, and it simply puts a notification into the inbox of the person (or persons) on the pulse, that would be most helpful. To take that one step further, being able to search or filter by that date too would be nice (although that might be more complex).

Yura S.

Just a perfect project management software

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The best thing about Monday is the design. All of the common business processes are streamlined and are presented as boards made of rows and columns. Each row is a separate task, and each column is a component of the task: be it status, date, task owner or anything else.

There are ready made templates for common processes: project management, recruiting, marketing outreach and many others. This way, there is one straightforward to manage different processes and collaborate with the team or with multiple teams.

Collaboration is also implemented in an intuitive way: just mention the relevant team member by name in a task or a comment, and they will receive a notification in their inbox.

Overall, Monday is a fantastically well-designed product and it makes managing projects and tasks to be fun again!

Cons

When it comes to a big team, Monday is definitely not cheap. Sharing boards outside of the organization requires a more expensive plan than the basic one.