2,632 reviews

Zendesk

Service-first CRM company that builds support & sales tools

4.4 /5 (2632 reviews) Write a Review!

2,632 reviews
Niraj P.
  • Industry: Events Services

Use zendesk chat and relax! Really great tool and simple integration.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

We've been zendesk chat for almost 3 years now without any issues.
The free version itself gives most of the basic functionality. But if your service is vast, and requires multiple executives to attend to chat queries, the free version may be limiting.
Zendesk is very easy to configure on your application and very intuitive.

Cons

The paid version of the tool is a bit costly so the startups in early stage may not want to use it.
Happens very seldom, but there may be minor issues such as the chat window getting hung and responses delayed. But no big issues.
The free version will not give ability to rebrand the chat window - which is reasonable as well.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ZenDesk - living up to its namesake

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Pros

If ever there was a more aptly named product, I haven't seen it.

Prior to implementing ZenDesk, my client support was done exclusively through email, and it was a terrible customer experience.

Once I had my hands on ZenDesk, my client satisfaction scores went up 80%, I was able to create, track, and manage my client cases at a much higher level.

It's responsive, easy to use, and most importantly efficient.

You cannot go wrong in implementing this into you business.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say, thanks to ZenDesk, my company productivity is higher than ever before, as is my client satisfaction scores - I could not be happier with my decision to use ZenDesk.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good program for simple situations

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Overall, it is not a bad ticketing software. It shows its flaws in busier environments where more users are involved and program support needs specialization or customization.
For a small business with minimal issues requiring base line support, this would be a good recommended option.

Pros

-Software is clean - not alot of extra Fluff
-You are able to interact through email
*Opening, Closing, communication tracking for tickets
-Has search functionality

Cons

-Search Functionality can be clunky and has limited criteria
-As a submitter, unable to add active users to live ticket, directly from the ticket
-Attachment processes at times requires a second submission in the ticket as it appears to ignore the attachment at time of creation
-No way to re-open a ticket issue - have only been able to submit a linked follow up.
*At times this is a good choice - other times reopening is a better solution to avoid ticket clutter.

Laura R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Really useful for large companies

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Pretty postivie. It's a great tool for Customer Care and the conexion with Facebook and Twitter allows for a complete ownership of the customer care attention.

Pros

The biggest pro the collaboration part. Zendesk allows to have more effective communication with customers and relevant stakeholders. This was a much appreciated improvement. A great feature is that you can integrated with the big social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to allow CC to responde quite quickly.

Cons

It can be a struggle for small companies, so I wouldn't recommend it in that case. But if you are a medium size company I'd advise to get this so you can get use to the platform. Also merging tickets can be sometimes a struggle

Excellent platform!

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

I love how easy it is to extract the reports, the function it has, the many integrations we can make. It also offers chat support. The platform is easy to use and there are many options for customer service. The numerous integrations that exist facilitate the work with the other products that a company has.

Pros

The best product to have customer support! It has everything an agent may need and also to inform. We have used several support platforms and this is, by far, the best we have used. It is easy to know the productivity of your team and also help a client.

Cons

Since it's from Amazon, there may be downtime. However, they always keep you informed of any problems they may have. It's usually only a couple of minutes. On top of that, there are no problems with the platform.

A solid, reliable tool.

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

ZenDesk provides the needed capability of tracking requests/problems among several different teams. Highly recommended.

Pros

Ticket tracking and sorting is easy, automation follow up and triggers are easy to setup and help the team stay organized. Big fan of the ability to mass update tickets and use templates for casing items and message templates. Easy integration with JIRA and ability to split tickets into multiple ones for tracking purposes.
Like the ability it gives customers to track requests they've submitted.

Cons

Lacks some reporting capabilities depending on the account you sign up for. Merging tickets and splitting tickets can look a bit funky for customers. The lack in visibility of who's CC on a ticket also causes them some confusion.

Gordon M.

Zendesk is a must have, top notch, support solution.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Our company's services are directly linked with Zendesk to provide top notch customer and technical support to our clients. Zendesk is a must have if you plan on offering Support to your customers online.

Pros

Zendesks web based or smart phone app Support System is a straight forward, trouble free, support tool that has helped our company provide easy access and availability to our customers in need of Help Desk solutions. Our technicians never miss an update or notification and Zendesks conveniently easy set up has been an essential part of our Team's success.

Cons

I have not run into any troubles with Zendesk. With the cloud platform our only concern would be if our Support Teams internet goes down, but the Zendesk App on our phones cover any future outage. There is never a moment when our customers cannot get support.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Best tool to manage all your customer contacts in one place

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

Definetely this tool helped us to save time when dealing with customer's requests

Pros

We have changed our customer service tool already a couple of times as they were laggy or not that easy to use. We have found in zendesk a good solution to manage and go through all our clients contacts in no time as it is very easy to browse through tickets, in terms of tags, topics, date or agents who dealt with it. It is easy to integrate with other crm or quality assurance tools.
Chat and telephone tools works very well and there are metrics for each channel so can you can always have the work monitored.
In terms of personalizing the profiles of the agents it is very wide as you can choose the skill, languages or importance of the ticket which make the navigation and work division very easy for the agent. We are all happy

Cons

So far I don't have any complaint regarding Zendesk, but it can be a bit pricy for small companies. it Worth every penny though

Dustin E.

Zendesk is the ULTIMATE in customer support tracking

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Ticket tracking, chat support, phone support, the ability to categorize clients by organizations and internal department, the list goes on and on!

Pros

From the ability to integrate with an unending list of other apps to the management of different departments, Zendesk allows us to provide the best customer service possible for our clients. We have set up multiples departments for IT support, Sales, Billing, and Integration, and are able to assign managers to each department to oversee tickets and view reporting on how timely and accurately issues are being handled.

Cons

If I had to come up with something I like least about Zendesk, I guess it would be the cost. They are proud of the product they have created; however, I hesitate to say that because I have no problem paying for the product because of how incredible it is and feel like it's well worth the cost.

Dwana H.

Zendesk

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Zendesk email, chat make my job a breeze because before I had to wake on another person to get back to me about the lawyer or customer response. Now, it is just me doing all of it myself thanks to this software.

Pros

When customers called I was able to help them faster thanks to Zendesk. The City has fewer employees dealing with customer service and now that people need their reports and we have to let them know if they are ready or not and give a price. Zendesk live chat with the law office about customer report is quicker because of this software. We are able to sell accident reports faster with this new software and it fit the need we had for more help. I can email, chat with attorneys about their client's report and give the price of it thank Zendesk multiple channels they offer us to help the customers.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Zendesk because it is helping to replace four people who help to do this job.

Trinayan C.

If it’s customer service, it’s Zendesk.

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

We regularly use Zendesk for all my clients’ customer support needs. No other platform comes close to it.

Pros

This is one service whose mobile app is actually at par with the desktop version. Easy to use and integrates well with various other platforms.

Cons

Not much actually. I was not exactly thrilled with the couple of times, i had to contact their support (ironic I know!) but that’s about it.

Not bad, but too Expensive!

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Not bad, but I would recommend Freshdesk over Zendesk because they offer many features in comparison with Zendesk pricing.

Pros

Userguide/Help centre is very useful, required moderate level of technical skills for the setup! API integration is easy, enormous option for the 3rd party tools integration. Hardly seen any server downtime.

Cons

Pricing! you'll be forced to buy their Enterprise plan if you want optimum use of it. Else, the lower pricing plans end up buying addon packs to serve your business requirements.

Good software, bad service and support

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

The only reason I am using zendesk is because it is integraded and my entire ticket history is in Zendesk. I am just hoping I do not need any support in the future because it will take so much time and frustration. It is just not worth it.

Pros

Once it is setup correctly the system works properly and you have most options that are needed to do a proper customer service via tickets

Cons

If you ever need support from Zendesk then it is horrible. It takes days before they respond. When they do then they give you the wrong advice and eventually you need to pay to solve it.

Alexandra E.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Zendesk The wonderful customer support tool.

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Zendesk is designed as a solution of customer-directed support tickets which facilitates users to send tickets for the service request. Zendesk is proactive, it can integrate a large number of communication channels. It facilitates the communication of the company with its clients by integrating all communication channels. It has been reduced by customer service work thanks to Zendesk.

Pros

Zendesk is wonderful offers real-time assistance to its customers. It allows to observe several entry at the same time thanks to its interface. It has an integrated telephone support to communicate with our customers. It allows conversations with visitors on your website. The integration of Zendesk with multiple communication platforms make it a complete and effective tool.

Cons

Zendesk has demonstrated his competitiveness in the market but our organization observed that his analysis tool can be a bit complicated to use. The code that delivers the support does not have the possibility to change it. In this regard the price seems unaccounted to us.

Caleb C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Honestly, This is Probably the Best CX Platform for Startups

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

We use Zendesk as an email platform to communicate with our users (also via phone), and we also use it as a platform for our FAQs and Help Center.

Pros

- The ease of use
- The customization options
- Extremely user-friendly
- It just makes sense
- It's much easier to train people on how to use this platform than on other platforms

Cons

- Can be a little bit more expensive than its competitors
- Doesn't have as much customization options as some of its competitors (i.e. Kustomer)

Jose A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome if you know what you are doing!

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

Customer support for several projects that I have been involved in the last five years. Also, I'm a consultant for companies who need to set it up.

Pros

Zendesk is a great customer service software for those who know what they need. So it does have lots of features and depending on what you are going to use they are fairly easy to install and set.

Customer service is great as they will reply in an acceptable time.

Free 30-day trials (Virtually infinite as you can create a new trial after one ends).

Finally, it has a good range of prices. In my honest opinion, you just cannot go wrong with this software.

Cons

It can get pretty complex and manual to set depending on your knowledge level. If you are not tech-savvy or do not like to seat and read through articles and comments to understand how Zendesk works best, this software might not be the right choice for you.

Reporting using Insights/Gooddata and Explore can get really frustrating since you have to create your own metrics for more complex reports like tags reporting.

Alisa R.

Zendesk is Functional: Customer Service...not so much

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Overall, my experience has been good. It's a popular platform for a reason as it contains popular features such as reporting and analytics, easy transfers, and visitor history.

Pros

I really like their chat. It gives customers the ability to rate their support and our support representatives can request that feedback as well. I also like the variety of notifications. One is just downright cute (it's like a cow mooing). My reps easily transitioned to using this chat as we made the move from another platform.

Cons

Not that it matters a whole lot, but the UI isn't aesthetically pleasing. Also, and ironically, their customer support could use some work. I often have to reach out a second or third time to get attention.

Nick T.

Great ticketing platform

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Overall experience has been good. Very happy for the product and how it helps us stay organized with the tickets we have coming in.

Pros

The ticket tracking system is very easy to use and set up so you can see what tickets each business unit or user has open. It also integrates very well with Slack and Salesforce so users can submit tickets and we can track results in Salesforce.

Cons

Some of the automation is very confusing and certain settings are hard to find because they are buried somewhere. We have automation set up to assign tickets to certain people, but if the ticket needs to get reassigned because it actually relates to another person, it is very difficult to change due to the automation rules automatically reassigning it.

Lindsey S.

Simple to use ticketing system!

Reviewed on 07/03/2016

Pros

Zendesk makes it really easy to organize all requests you receive from your in-house team to outside customers. Our team receives hundreds of tickets a week. Since we receive so many tickets, the best features Zendesk has to counter this are Triggers, Automations and Macros. With Triggers, your able to automate activities to happen based on certain criteria. For example, if a ticket gets submitted with the word "Help" in the subject line, you can program Zendesk to assign it to a specific person and to reply to the submitter with a message. Automations function in a similar way but are timed instead of instantaneous. Macros allow you to update a ticket's tags, message, and other information with a click of a button. Zendesk has done a great job to make a ticketing system that increases company efficiency.

It also has a Help Desk (customer forum / QA) section that is available at a specific price tier that could save you time.

Cons

I really wish that time tracking was available for all pricing levels. It's not worth it for most teams to upgrade to the top tier of pricing just for one simple feature.

Also, the reporting feature is not very thorough. This would be extremely useful if more attributes were reported on.

Sohaib K.

Life for Support - Zendesk

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Pros

I use Zendesk talk on a daily basis from past 4 years. ZD talk is being used by the company which I am working for and all our other sister concerns as well. ZD Talk has been separated by Brands in the system and we are managing the companies. Calls come in and go out from the Software and it is very rare that we face an issue and mostly it is fixed with a little bit of tweaking in the settings or providing privileges. Our whole software support team and professional services use the product to interact through it and get all personnel updated. I have myself asked many of the IT industry users to opt ZD Talk as it can be used flawlessly with less internet speed as well and it does take much of the internet usage. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the product. The most prominent Pros are I can call and transfer calls as well. Use of call recordings and merging of calls from one to another.

Cons

- The call transfer process needs some steps which should be made easier
- A group of users can be made to contact or call in between themselves like an Extension system for all the users in the system
- Text to Speech is not yet available
- Updating case by 2 users at one time ends in an error.

Othmar B.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The easy ticketing system

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

We utilize Zendesk as our core CRM and ticketing solution for email, chat, text and analytics

Pros

The open source and compatibility with common CX tools. The low cost / high value is a substantial factor as well

Cons

Service is not as great and difficult to get help if needed. Reporting is also not as easy to set up as advertised

Steve C.

Must have app for support

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

We are using Zendesk for all support and it has been great. Our customers view us as a big company and we are a small company. We love Zendesk talk as it has saved us from implementing a phone system.

Pros

Integrated channel support. The ability to have customers interact seamlessly via chat, email and voice.

Cons

Would like greater interaction with account managers. We want to get the most out of the software but for the most part we have to figure that out on our own.

Joel S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Zendesk Review

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Really practical, it even has a mobile app that is very good on the go. Easy to use and straight forward.

Pros

Zendesk support is easy to use and your dashboard is clean and simple. Only relevant informations are displayed to the agent.

Cons

SLA continued when reassigned to a new agent. The theme can be reviewed (adding a dark theme would make it the best of the best)

Chakkrit L.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Zendesk is a powerful CRM tool that totally worth the price.

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Zendesk provides a good ticket management system, knowledge base platform (hosting documents) with security-based permissions and insights. Comparing to competitors such as Freshdesk or Jira, even though they are cheaper, they can't provide the functionalities that Zendesk provides. Zendesk allows us to perfectly track our cases, analyze the performance through insights allowing us to understand what we have to improve in order to improve our customer CSAT.

Pros

I like Zendesk's robust ticketing capabilities. Despite its high price, it's an extremely powerful CRM tool when compared to competitors. Zendesk allows customizable business flow, analytic capabilities, and a knowledge base platform that can be utilized for operational optimization. Zendesk is also capable of integrating with other systems such as Workday through API.

Cons

Sometimes, I felt that Zendesk has a lot of limitations. For example, when creating business rules, you cannot use the AND and OR function, it's either AND or OR per one business rule. When utilizing Zendesk for internal use, Zendesk still lacks lots of functions such as conversation history, child-ticket, and etc. Even though some of them are already available on Zendesk Marketplace, these add-ons should be free rather than asking us to pay extra for them. Also, the technical customer support is not that useful. Zendesk pride in having 24-hours technical customer support when compared to competitors but out of 10 cases that I asked for, only 1 or 2 cases the technical customer support could help me. Most of the time, our team fixed the issue by ourselves.

Sarah Y.

Zendesk Makes Support Easy

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Overall, working with Zendesk has been a breeze. It's user-friendly, simple and quick. The Zendesk team is always available to answer questions or help you pull reports. I never want to use another ticketing system.

Pros

Zendesk is super easy to use. Our Support team loves how simple it is to find and response to customer requests and issues. Zendesk also makes metrics tracking extremely easy with pre-fab dashboards that are quickly customizable.

Cons

There are a few integrations that could use some work, like the Zendesk //Hubspot integrations. One of them is great, but the other does not provide much value.