Zendesk Suite

4.3/5
4.3/5

Ahmed
Ahmed

Revolutionizing Customer Support with Zendesk Suite.

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Our experience with Zendesk Suite has been extremely positive. The software is intuitive and easy to use, making it simple for our team to efficiently handle customer inquiries and concerns. The Ticket Management feature, in particular, has been incredibly impactful, allowing our team to prioritize and organize customer inquiries in a way that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness.The Sales Pipeline Management feature has also been a valuable asset, as it helps our team stay on top of potential sales opportunities and effectively manage and close deals. The Multi-Channel Communication feature is also a standout, as it enables our team to communicate with customers through a variety of channels, providing convenience and flexibility.Integration with other applications and services has been seamless, allowing our team to easily access and utilize the information and tools they need to provide the best possible customer support. The reporting and analytics feature provides valuable insights into customer behavior and preferences, allowing us to make data-driven decisions.Zendesk Suite has been a valuable asset to our company, helping us to improve our customer support and resulting in a positive customer experience. It's also worth noting that Zendesk Suite's customer support is top-notch, they are always available to assist and answer any questions, and they constantly release updates to improve the software.

Pros

- The software is highly intuitive and easy to use, allowing our team to quickly and efficiently handle customer inquiries and concerns. - The Ticket Management feature is particularly impactful, as it allows our team to prioritize and organize customer inquiries in a way that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness.- The Sales Pipeline Management feature is also very useful, as it helps our team stay on top of potential sales opportunities and effectively manage and close deals. - The Multi-Channel Communication feature is also a standout, as it enables our team to communicate with customers through a variety of channels, providing convenience and flexibility. - The integration with other applications and services is seamless, allowing our team to easily access and utilize the information and tools they need to provide the best possible customer support.

Cons

- One thing that could be improved is the customization options for certain features such as Customizable Forms, while they do provide some level of flexibility, it could be beneficial to have more options to tailor it to specific needs of the business. - The Reporting/Analytics feature a bit complex and difficult to navigate, and it might be beneficial to make it more user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Zendesk Suite was chosen over other alternative products because it offered a comprehensive solution that met our specific needs and requirements for customer service and support, and it has a great balance of features, pricing, and customer support.
  • Industry: Music

Efficient and practical: Great but a bit pricey

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Overall, Zendesk is an easy-to-use, reliable CRM platform that integrates well with most popular order processing platforms, webstores, shipping logistics services, and can handle intricate operations such as Subscription administration, phone calls, live chat support, and more. Also, the reporting features available offer alot of flexibility to create reports that are helpful for your business and goals in Customer Support. I chatted on Zendesk daily and love the way it handles live chat support for Agents.

Pros

Zendesk offers lots of features such as integration with other platforms, such as Stripe for payments and subscription administration (SaaS) services to manage customer monthly billing. Also integrates well with Shipping & logistics services to track shipments, repairs and returns. And they are always adding new features and integrations. Offers Keyboard Shortcuts to even further increase efficiency possibilities.

Cons

Call feature can occasionally be buggy and it is a bit expensive compared to some of the newer CRM platforms, but if you want reliability and have a large to mid scale business offering email and/or live chat support, Zendesk is a great option. They can handle both a huge account with millions of customers and contacts, to a mom & pop operation with hundreds of customers.

Busola
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy communication tool with customers

Reviewed on 01/06/2024

Pros

I love zendesk for its ability to keep a history of your communication with customers and its ability to easily send and receive emails back and forth

Cons

Zendesk doesnt support pictures or bogus images or perhaps I am not sure how to change my email format

👋🏻 Albert
👋🏻 Albert
  • Industry: Insurance

A living nightmare

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

I've used Zendesk in all of the ventures I've participated in. Unfortunately.

I get it that in...

I've used Zendesk in all of the ventures I've participated in. Unfortunately.

I get it that in 2012 it was an easy option, but today there are plenty more and plenty of options of building out solutions yourself if customer support means everything to you.

Pros

Sticking to Zendesk is very easy. Open a free account, plug in your email and you are off. Thats the reason this company is such a popular customer support software. Start off frictionlessly and you won't ever be able to stick away from them.

That doesn't mean they are a good solution.

Cons

As soon as you want to build some sophisticated solutions with ANY digital company in 2021 requires from day one, you will face two things:

1) Advertised features for enterprise plans which don't actually exist, or are a euphemism of what one can understand. I.E. a sandbox environment. We literally got told it didn't exist after we hired enterprise chat.
2) A terrible - terrible is the word, I honestly don't like to speak poorly in public of anyone, but you guys deserve this post - customer support. Despite having an account manager, I have probable been referred to sign up on my own for multiple register forms for products, and speak to multiple agents to sign SO to commit to payments... and the product was NEVER delivered. Once they have you committed to a payment, they won't follow up for success.

UserVoice and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

This is where you get trapped. Someone in operations or tech implements it to solve a short term gain, and starts pulling the feature string. As soon as you are stuck, you are stuck for good.
Eduardo

My Zendesk Expierence

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Pros

The way it integrates with other platforms, the notifications speed and its reporting capabilities.

Cons

Implementation can be a little complicated but once you have everything setup, it works great.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Flexibility, user-friendly. Email integrations and reporting dashboards.
Rachel

This is a great hub for having all (or at least) most things in one place.

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Pros

We do a lot of business where we need to have things right at our fingertips in this day and age. It is so convenient to be able to toggle between, the inability to do this with our previous software. It has a huge impact on the speed and accuracy of service we are able to provide our clients all day-every day. The fact that we can even be in a customer's account and be chatting with help is phenomenal. We can still do our work in real time, something that can seem so small is a HUGE deal for us!

Cons

There have been just a few times when I have had to wait for an extended period of time for a live agent to help with an issue. I knew to have patience, but it in turn put me in a position where I was unable to help a customer in real time and had to call them back quite some time later. This doesn't happen often, as I can count on 2 fingers how many times I've been in this situation.

Christian
  • Industry: Program Development

Enhancing Customer Engagement

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Pros

Setting up automated workflows has really sped up how quickly we can respond to customer questions, making sure we don't keep them waiting too long for help.

Cons

The only downside I found with Zendesk Suite is that setting up advanced features can be a bit complicated at first. It takes some time to get everything customized to our exact requirements.

Jayson
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Tools Understanding

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

This tool/crm is very easy to utilise without any instruction.

This tool/crm is very easy to utilise without any instruction.

Pros

It is easy to use and the design is very aesthetic

Cons

Filtering of old and new email. Sometimes it took some time to filter the new emails.

James Edward
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

ZenDesk Review

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Pros

Powerful AI tools to support the scaling of our CX function

Cons

Set up was more difficult than expected early on.

Adam

Create for customer engagement

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

We use it for managing live chat interactions and raise tickets for follow up

We use it for managing live chat interactions and raise tickets for follow up

Pros

Its live chat aystem to easy to setup and use

Cons

The system can be a bit tricky for new users to master

Easy Inter-team Communication and Customer History

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

I can't stress enough how easy Zendesk makes it to pass tickets back and forth between people and teams. My team gets a constant flow of tickets and we are able to keep them organized by time, urgency and topic. All customer emails and voicemails that are incoming to my department are received in Zendesk and it's very simple to either respond or make a note and pass along the ticket to the correct person. Zendesk contributes enormously to my company's efficiency and overall organization.

Pros

Zendesk allows my team (the accounts receivable team) to work seamlessly with the customer support team. On a daily basis, we pass tickets back and forth to accomplish both simple and more difficult tasks for our customers. The majority of our customer emails, voicemails and recorded calls are logged in Zendesk, so it's easy to search the history of any given customer to find out what they have contacted us about and who helped them. Zendesk makes it super simple to switch back and forth between emailing and making internal notes. A single ticket can contain customer-facing communication, a phone call recording and employee-only notes, all of which are vital to managing our customer accounts.

Cons

There are really only two things I don't like about Zendesk. First, I don't care for how it looks when two or more tickets are merged together. Instead of logging emails and notes from oldest to newest like a chain of events, Zendesk collapses one ticket into the other and you have to open both to see everything. It's just a little difficult to understand visually. Second, my company used to use a similar system called Help Scout and it was able to tell us when a customer had opened an email from us. Zendesk is not able to do that.

Pat

Market Leader in Ticketing Software (Probably)

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

Overall, Zendesk allowed us to create a new ticketing platform and process for the business. Its integration with Slack drove great user adoption and encouraged submissions. This platform allowed us to report on the most common IT and biz ops issues at our org while allowing "agents" to service and help the team effectively. It's pretty ideal that you can manage your workload, triage requests, and reply to folks all in a few clicks. It's really all-in-one if you integrate with your CRM too.

Pros

Top features for me in this tool were the GoodData reporting flexibility, ticket automation, and clean user experience. We didn't leverage the knowledge base, although being able to click to directly create an article after a ticket submission seemed like a slick feature.

The ability to add lots of custom fields of varying types, create automation based on those fields, and rout tickets to end users was key. There's great flexibility in what you can achieve between the user permissions, user groups, and the form/landing page as part of the tool.

Cons

Some of the out of the box reporting seemed a little bit wonky in comparison with what I would pull in the GoodData insights area. Honestly, very few cons about Zendesk, although the price is a bit steep for a ticketing platform. This being said, though, it's very powerful and you get what you pay for with software.

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

The clean user interface and many features. It was less clunky/old school than some of the other options. Integration options for Zendesk were superior.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

We've reduced customer service handling time with Zendesk

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Using Zendesk, our customer care representatives are able to obtain the information they need on their own. When I handle the articles, I hear nothing but good things about how this program makes my job easier and more productive. They may use slack to look for answers, and the results will be linked to relevant articles in Zendesk. Zendesk may be easily integrated with other services, such as slack.

Pros

I loved Zendesk because of its features and thorough reports. However, I found it tough to use and far more difficult to produce reports than other CRMs and Helpdesks. Compared to other Helpdesks, the social analytics are similarly low. The Suite's triggers are among my favorites. One of the most important advantages for us is the sheer number of plugins and integrations available.

Cons

The difficulty of creating dashboards and the amount of time it takes to do so annoy me. Because of this, the dashboard might be a bit confusing at times, with data that are out of sync.

Brandon R
Brandon R
  • Industry: Wireless
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Query history management and aggregation by tags (content) can be done easily

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Customer queries used to be managed in Excel. Still, it was time-consuming to track history and the status of responses could not be managed, resulting in cases where there were omissions in responses. However, with the introduction of Zendesk, it is possible to aggregate by tags and monitor trends easily. Since it is possible to manage match/no match status, there are no match omissions.

Pros

Excellent for query management. When managed as a ticket, there are no omissions and it is difficult to deal with duplicates. difficult to deal with duplicates. If you create a view correctly, you can easily understand the scope of correspondence for each department, and the reporting function is also important, so it is easy to look back.

Cons

There is a high degree of freedom in customization and several settings, but it is difficult to understand visually and takes time to learn. There is also a query response function, but where is the content of the response saved, where is the draft, etc. are difficult to understand.

Pure Chat

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite

I felt there was a limit to managing queries and tracking query content in Excel, but by introducing Zendesk, I could reduce the man-hours for history management. It also helps with tracking by managing query content through tab settings.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Tags and triggers tend to be complicated and, if used across multiple departments, affect each other, requiring a supervising administrator. The Zendesk installation was well organized. Queries that were handled by a small number of people have increased in the number of people, departments, products, frequent omissions, and duplicate responses have greatly decreased.
Danielle

Cost More While Providing Less Than Competitors

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

For a company that specializes in customer service, they are a joke. It takes several days to get a response from someone, you will never get support from someone in your time zone so when they do respond, it will be during overnight hours. They also will not have a phone number or post their working hours in their signatures. They don't even use their own product correctly-- I have received emails showing one name in the "From" line and a totally different name in the signature. Their automations will also send at inappropriate times-- I responded to an agent's request for more details, the agent responded and stated that they are working on the issue. Soon after, I received an automation stating they haven't heard from me and are closing the ticket.

They will also try to charge you to get your data exported. Don't fall for it! There are free programs that will do this for you quickly and easily, including all of your Knowledgebase articles and the images associated with them. When importing to another system, you will need to reinsert the images within the articles because they are no longer hosted on Zendesk but the free export programs offered by competitors will name the files in a way that makes it clear and easy to identify which image goes where.

Pros

I had a good laugh when they advised me to use Google search instead of their own search tool.

Cons

The features are limited and sales will mislead you to believe that they help you get started. They neglect to mention that there are additional costs for certain features that they tell you are "included with your subscription", and the training options are insane. They charge $350 for a 10 minute video that didn't even answer one of my questions. Fortunately this cost was waived for me after going through 2 account executives, a sales manager, and 2 support/training specialists (calling themselves developers) over the course of 9 months while trying to get a simple answer about how to use and report on Tags.

Joshua
  • Industry: Research

Zendesk Suite: The Ultimate Customer Support Tool

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

In my overall experience with Zendesk Suite, it has been a game-changer for my business, resolving critical pain points and delivering a range of benefits. As a small business owner, I faced several challenges in managing customer support effectively, but Zendesk Suite has transformed the way I interact with my customers and streamlined my support operations.Firstly, Zendesk Suite's multichannel support has been a lifesaver. With the ability to manage customer queries and issues across email, live chat, social media, and phone, I can meet my customers wherever they prefer to reach out. This has significantly improved customer satisfaction and response times, as I can provide timely assistance on their preferred platforms.Another standout benefit is the integrated knowledge base offered by the Suite's Guide module. Creating and publishing help articles and FAQs has empowered my customers to find answers on their own, reducing the strain on my support team. This self-service option has not only saved time for both my customers and staff but has also improved customer engagement and empowered my customers to troubleshoot common issues independently.Furthermore, Zendesk Suite has helped me gain valuable insights into my support operations through its reporting and analytics capabilities. With Explore, I can track key metrics, monitor agent performance, and identify trends to make data-driven decisions. This has enabled me to optimize my support processes, allocate resources

Pros

1. Support Across Different Channels: One of the things users really love about Zendesk Suite is how it lets businesses provide support through various channels. Whether it's email, live chat, social media, or even phone, the Suite has got you covered. This means customers can reach out for help using their preferred method, making it easier and more convenient for them to get the assistance they need.2. Easy-to-Access Knowledge Base: Another great feature of Zendesk Suite is its integrated knowledge base, called Guide. This is like a virtual library where businesses can create and publish helpful articles, FAQs, and other resources. Customers can then access this knowledge base to find answers to their questions and solve problems on their own. It's like having a self-service option that puts the power in the hands of the customers, saving them time and reducing the need for direct support.

Cons

1. Complexity of Setup and Configuration: One common complaint is that the initial setup and configuration process of Zendesk Suite can be quite complex and time-consuming. Some users have expressed frustration with the learning curve involved in getting the system up and running according to their specific needs. It may require technical expertise or assistance to fully optimize and customize the Suite to align with their business requirements.2. Pricing and Cost Structure: Another concern raised by some users is the pricing and cost structure of Zendesk Suite. While it offers a comprehensive set of features, some users find the pricing plans to be on the higher side, particularly for smaller businesses or startups with limited budgets. The pricing tiers and add-on costs for additional features or user licenses can be perceived as a barrier for some organizations.

MARLON
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fastest way to connect and interact with your website visitors!

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

A wonderful tool to have on our Resort website! This tool has helped my team and myself close sales in less than 15 mins. Definitely a great tool for support as well. It's a faster and convenient way for clients to reach out to us and get information which leads to great costumer service! My team is very satisfied with Zendesk Chat and we look forward to its continuous updates! It is part of our sales & support team! Keep up the good job!

Pros

That our clients can visit our website and ask questions right away about our services and our team helps them I'm purchasing the right services there and then! We can see clients who visit our website and we can interact with them and offer assistance. My team has closed sales just by chatting with clients, which makes this a wonderful tool! We are very pleased with this service.

Cons

My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our clients. This is part of our sales team!

LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

We found Zendesk to be a feature rich tool and was the best fit for our Resort website. We certainly don't regret having chosen Zendesk!

Stay Away

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Customer support is terrible, they do have an unqualified customer success team. We requested a feature and it took them over 5 months with emails back and forth to let us know they can get it done. When i tried to cancel the contract they said we can not cancel it because you have another 1 year on a contract which was incorrect. the success manager was still thinking we are in 2019 after i pointed that out they still refused to cancel the contract. My advice to this company is a legacy and you should look into a more modern system and there is alot of them out there.

Pros

At first, we liked using them, we had no issues with their system until they started adding extra products that were not native. for instance, their chat app slowed down our website by at least 30%, we tried intercom and immediately had positive feedback from our users.

Cons

Their chat software will consume the life out of your website performance.

Freshdesk
Giovanni
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zendesk is an intuitive and reliable CRM tool.

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Zendesk is our ticketing platform at present. Again, it helps us connect with our employees who need assistance whenever necessary. Another feature of the software is it can host a page containing a library of helpful articles and documentation for our customers. These articles can also have secured visibility by assigning user segments allowing us to manage effectively.

Pros

Zendesk is quite easy to implement and is reliable. It is able to support what we needed in our organization for providing support to our customers (mainly our employees) in the HR space. At present, we implemented to support the employees' entire life cycle from recruitment to termination and even post-termination. Zendesk has the capability to integrate with other systems like Workday through APIs, where we can manage user creation, updates, deletion, and ticket management. They also have a built-in analytics feature where we can build queries and dashboards within Zendesk, enabling us to do ticket analyses and handle SLAs to improve our customer satisfaction.

Cons

The pricing is relatively high, given the limitations that Zendesk can provide, especially the licensing costs. We also experienced difficulties in reaching out to technical support. There were multiple times that the technical support would say that what we're asking for is not technically possible, but our developers were able to find the solution ourselves. Moreover, they don't have a way to support escalations whenever necessary. In managing security through user segments, the logical functions are quite limited which makes it hard for us to create complex rules.

Nazir

Zendesk Suite: A Comprehensive and User-Friendly Customer Service Solution"

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Pros

One of the things I like most about Zendesk Suite is its ability to centralize and streamline customer service operations. Zendesk Suite offers a wide range of features such as helpdesk ticketing, live chat, phone support, self-service portals, and more, which allows businesses to manage customer interactions across multiple channels. This makes it easy for businesses to provide fast, efficient and personal customer service, which can be particularly important for businesses that rely on customer loyalty

Cons

One thing I like least about Zendesk Suite is that it could be a bit overwhelming for new users, as it offers a wide range of features and functionalities. It can take some time to learn how to use all of them effectively. This can be a challenge for businesses with limited time or resources to invest in training their staff.Another aspect that could be considered a downside is that Zendesk Suite is a subscription-based service, which means that businesses will need to pay a monthly or annual fee to access all its features. While the pricing is reasonable, it may not be a good fit for small businesses or organizations that don't need all the features that Zendesk Suite offers.Lastly, it's worth mentioning that Zendesk Suite relies on a stable internet connection to function properly, so if the internet connection is weak or unreliable, it can cause problems such as slow performance, dropped connections or even lost data.Overall, while Zendesk Suite is a powerful and user-friendly customer service solution, it may not be the best fit for all businesses or organizations. It's important for users to carefully consider their specific needs and preferences before deciding to use the service.

Cristian
Cristian
  • Industry: Automotive

5 star user experience

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Despite the small problem I had with the learning curve initially, I felt that as the months went by I gained greater mastery and speed in solving all types of cases using this platform. The ease of integrating it with other company systems such as CRM and automating processes was highly valued. Overall, I find Zendesk Suite greatly streamlined my daily tasks as a support agent, focusing more on the customer than the systems. I would definitely recommend this solution to any company that needs to provide operational excellence in their help desk

Pros

What I liked most about Zendesk Suite was its modern and intuitive interface. As a support agent, being able to access all the tools I need easily through a single panel allowed me to respond to tickets in a more agile and productive way. The layout of the widgets was clean and easy to use, which made me feel comfortable resolving all types of requests without any problem. In addition, having automatic rule-based task assignment functions helped me optimize time. Without a doubt, Zendesk Suite's very well-designed interface was what I valued most as a user

Cons

What I liked least about Zendesk Suite was that being an all-in-one platform, I sometimes felt like it had too many options and settings, and I had a hard time focusing on the most important tools. At first it was a little overwhelming learning how to use all the different sections like the help center, the marketplace, analytics and so on. I would have preferred to have a more gradual learning curve. However, I recognize that over time I better understood how to get the most out of each functionality thanks to the help of the support area

Thamara
Thamara

Quick and easy implementation to my Support Center

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Zendesk is an easy-to-use, dynamic, intuitive customer service tool that allows the use of macros to optimize messages to customers.
Zendesk is easy to implement and with adaptable prices. I have recommended this tool to several friends for their organizations

Pros

Zendesk is an excellent tool for the management of requirements or requests. It facilitates the management within my Support Center.
It allows to automate response to our customers. Also, customize the tool according to the type of company.
From this tool I manage to serve the internal and external clients of my organization. As well as, send satisfaction surveys once the support is finished.
Their specific user roles allowed me to implement the tool in the organization in a short time, even without investing much time in training because it has very good material for users on the web.
What I like most about Zendesk is to be able to automate the responses to clients and macros.
Zendesk has elements for case management, live chat, design a knowledge base, have a panel to the client. Since we included this tool in the company we have improved our response levels in the support tickets and with this to customer service.
I like the flexibility of purchase packages or use of the tool, through payment by users or agents. Also, although we have not configured it for now, it is interesting to integrate with VoIP to take the call from customers or interested parties.

Cons

Zendesk for being a tool for customer service would be interesting to link or customize good practice agreements at the service level and operational.
We as a client can add response times, and define with a category that is requirements or request and that are incidents.
Next, what features Zendesk would need:
* Add response time according to the type of requirements or request.
* Define type of requests and incidents
* Get graphs by type of incidents
* Get graphs with crossings between service agreements and operational agreements. This would allow us to measure the effectiveness of the support center based on agreements with customers
* Have notifications every time you are consuming the time of a ticket, considering the times of agreements at the service or operational level
* Have a video call

A mediocre product that doesn't get better as it grows

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

I struggle to find good things to say. It works and rarely has performance problems. If you need very basic support ticketing and are just starting out, you could use it and be successful. We did. But the functionality and support for those organizations between startup and large corporation is nil. If we were a very large organization, I could see it being a valuable product.

Cons

1. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of business users. When you are a SaaS supporting clients who have end-users, organizing tickets and documenting issues is very important to find patterns. This is not possible in Zendesk, at least at the Team feature level. There is not a central location for information for an organization outside of a Notes box that is basically a tiny sidebar textbox that allows no formatting to make notes over time readable.

2. There is no way to reference individual comments in a ticket because individual comments do not have their own IDs. This makes it very cumbersome to keep succinct notes and refers back to my first point. The only way we can review a client's history is through wading through a bunch of tickets with an endless stream of comments. I can't get a good timeline overview of their experience and issues, which is so essential to good issue triage.

3. Lack of features for those at the less pricey levels is pretty bad. There's no way to make our contact forms more customizable (like having a message to the person on the ticket - there is only limited description area and those are question/field based) and we don't have access to conditional logic on the forms. So we are left with clients just throwing issues at us without getting good information from them to get a one-touch resolution. The way Zendesk works it forces us to give lower-quality support.

4. There's no exporting your ticket information or running any sort of report if you are using the Team or lower feature level. These, to me, should be basic features as they pertain to the most basic of needs for any support team. Not only that, it ties you to the product and punishes you for leaving. We can't move to another product because we can't take our ticket history with us.

5. The features and performance is inconsistent. For example, there are "Triggers" and "Automations". Triggers and automations are the same. The only difference is the automations are time-based. But they don't tell you that in the interface - there's nothing telling you what is required to set up the automation in order for it to pass validation, only an error message. And by following the instructions of the error message, you can still get more errors. But there's nothing there to tell you the overall requirements so you can avoid errors in the first place. And in the Triggers interface, they leave out a large amount of placeholder options for seemingly no reason, so you have to go find the placeholder references for yourself.

In my opinion, Zendesk doesn't have the user in mind. They put out new features and integrations, but the core product is so severely lacking that it seems like they feel they are operating on auto-pilot and their product needs no update itself. It's a shame, because it was probably was a good product with a lot of potential back when it first started up.

Whitney

Clean and user friendly!

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

ZenDesk really is the best CRM I have ever used, and I was in customer service for 10 years. By far and away the most intuitive, simple and clean user experience you will have for a consumer facing CR interface.

Pros

My consumer care team went from using another CRM to ZenDesk and it was like night and day! Cluttered to organized! Overwhelming to clean and easy to navigate! The best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to search for tickets by contact, user or subject and merge those tickets into one. That way you don't have to respond to multiple ticket from the same consumer about the same issue, you can clear those all out at once while creating a better consumer experience (one outbound email). Similarly, the ability to mass select tickets and close at the same time either as Will Not Address (which is a great option) or you can mass select and close using one macro/template. This is particularly helpful when your site has experienced a glitch and you've gotten thousands of tickets about the same issue, you can close them all at once when the issue is resolved or if you have an update. Speaking of macros, having an easy place to store your personal templates as well as share the best templates from your team is a game changer. No more keeping templates stored in random docs and then copying/pasting. Overall, I love ZenDesk! It must have been desinged by people who have been in customer facing roles or focused group the pain points for CRMs incredibly well.

Cons

I really do love this product. The only thing to mention that could use improvement is the (seemingly) constant outages. There were some days where we would have to wait hours to get back in to the tool. I will say, though, customer support was always on top of it and super responsive.

Shari
Shari
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A Multipurpose Customer Service Management Tool

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Pros

This software allows me to take calls, handle tickets, handle chats and review my internal resources in one place! Different departments have different queues to keep everyone's work separated and with a quick switch of an assignee, you can escalate or deescalate tickets as needed. The software allows the creation of macros/canned responses that can be limited to specific teams but are easily accessible whether it be for a ticket or a chat. The phone call plug in and chat plug ins are easily accessible as well, and can be deactivated for users who should not have access to those features. The chat and phone call notifications are loud and consistent so an agent won't ever miss a service request (unless due to negligence or poor connection). You can customize how many chats an agent should handle at a time and how long an agent can get 'wrap up' time after a call. Tickets are automatically populated after a phone call or chat has been established so an agent can follow up with a customer after they've spoken with them in real time.

Other features of Zendesk that I like is it can be used as a help center for FAQs and an onboarding site. So you can use it for job postings to outline the criteria for jobs or gigs and for the application.

Cons

I dislike that this software does not come with its own dark mode feature. All software are integrating that feature into their UI but Zendesk dark mode features can only be accessed through third party developers, some of whom are trying to charge exorbitant amounts per account.