LiquidPlanner Reviews

4.4/5

Jose
Jose
  • Industry: Chemicals

Great project management tool, flexible and efficient to organize your workflow.

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

We utilize Liquidplanner to oversee different extend demands over the company, this device permits us to remain in touch with the venture ask, track which bunches are searching for work, and give reports. I'm binding together detailing and streamlining errand administration for a number of ventures and endeavors, Liquidplanner moreover makes a difference us superior oversee and apportion company assets. LiquidPlanner gives everybody in our office a centralized store to see what employments are within the line, what's coming up and what everybody is working on, it's important especially when somebody is out of town or debilitated and somebody else has to get things done. one or two assignments.

Pros

LiquidPlanner client interface permits for a awesome bargain of customization, making it simple to collaborate with various inner groups and share data between divisions, we will track different ventures with LiquidPlanner insights. Ready to see the asked ventures, relegate them to the proper individual and meet the due date to guarantee all errands are done, I adore that LiquidPlanner is so adaptable in its applications, we will share records, communicate with clients and keep track of employments open and closed.

Cons

I wish the involvement for clients (entry visitors, in specialized phrasing) would be more in tune with that of directors so that we seem more effortlessly taught clients in route, and so they have more adaptability in route. Not continuously client inviting and can be troublesome for amateur clients to handle the strategy, there's no settled list alternative on the input frame, fair a dropdown. A few highlights proposed by clients and on back gatherings never show up on the item guide or take a long time to execute.

Daniel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Liquid Planner stands apart

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

I have used LiquidPlanner for managing R&D labs, New Product Development programs, and smaller project management efforts. It is easy to train others on and is great for tracking project progress and actual effort.

Pros

Liquid Planner provides a real-to-life approach to project management. I love the way that they use a 3-point estimate for likely remaining effort for each task. This rolls up into a very useful, and dynamic estimate of project completion.

Cons

Though there are work-arounds, it is sometimes frustrating that task dependencies are tedious to enter.

Eric
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Good communication but enough features to be awkward

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Like many project management software solutions, LiquidPlanner wants to be everything to everybody. That's great in the robust features it offers but than can come with a learning curve.
What is nice about the software is that it allows us to maintain project information and progression even when the project is delayed--perhaps by several months--which is frequent for us. The ability to consolidate progress reports, working files and samples in one place allows us to pick up easily where we left off.

Pros

It allows for multi-platform communication between teams that are separated by distance and also time. Since project statuses are sent to email, I can respond through my email back to the software to offer updates and answers when I am away from my desk.
The drag and drop capability of including word, spreadsheeet and pdf files allows for information to be posted to the project entry allowing us to maintain project oversight at all times.

Cons

It can be complicated to new users. The interface isn't immediately clear for helping a new user understand what the product can offer. While I can respond to a email sent to me from the software, I cannot email the project directly for status updates.

Ben
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Loaded with features and very intuitive

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

Pros

Very feature rich, accessibility via web and mobile and analytics reporting are some of the big pros.

Cons

It is a bit pricy compared to some of the other options, but the value is there if you are using it regularly.

Zoho CRM and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to LiquidPlanner

Great customer support and constantly adding new features to make the software more flexible and easy to use.
Smith
Smith
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Task Progress Tracking and Automation Platform.

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Planning and easy project progress tracking, easy managing content and the collaboration on various project team members and files management LiquidPlanner is effective product.

Pros

LiquidPlanner features are flexible and the easy management of multiple project operations while generating accurate and real time data reports is simple and its tracking features are very powerful.

Cons

Incredible resource management product and for me LiquidPlanner was the easiest tool to implement with minimum technical help.

Firoz
Firoz

Streamline your Project management processes with Liquid planner in a easy way

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Pros

This unique project management tool can adapt to the dynamic organizational environment, making it a great asset for business success. We've been using it for a few months now and it has helped us plan, predict, and perform with confidence. It's made our lives so much easier.

Cons

It's a powerful tool that can help me manage my projects more efficiently. However, I have to admit that it can be quite complex to use, especially for those who are new to project management tools. But once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it's worth the effort!

Deborah
Deborah

Liquid Planner - A good scheduling tool

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Once I got the hang of LP, it was easy to use and keep track of my time.

Once I got the hang of LP, it was easy to use and keep track of my time.

Pros

The tool is fairly easy to use with a lot of possibilities. It may have a lot more than we actually need, however, but I can see those that need a complete solution using this powerful tool.

Cons

Because this tool has a lot of features, I tend to use it as more of a timecard tool. Know what your needs are.

Jenny
Jenny
  • Used for 6-12 months

Comprehensive project management tool for collaborative teams

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Liquid Planner provides a broad overview of all your projects and great visibility over employees' work loads. There is definitely a learning curve and adoption takes some time.

Pros

From gantt charts to time estimates, this tool was a lifesaver when we found ourselves falling short on task tracking and project tracking. management.

Estimating tasks with ranges (like 3-6 hours) instead of a single number makes a huge difference and the plethora of organization features make complex projects less tedious to look at.

Tracking employee capacity, schedules, and their deliverables has been particularly helpful, especially when you have multiple projects going on at the same time.

Cons

There is a glaring lack of third-party integrations and the interface can be overwhelming if you're used to simpler tools. Would also be nice to link to specific tasks.

Overall, this is a more technical PM software that basic users who just need a limited view of projects will find reasons not to use it.

Cees
Cees
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall: A pretty good experience.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Just the planning and overview for everybody.

Just the planning and overview for everybody.

Pros

Well designed, good overview, and nice to have different ways of showing the tasks and progress .

Cons

Some overviews have grown beyond usefulness. Like the task overview, which contains 7 subsections (People, Planning, Checklist, Comments, Notes, Documents, Links) . On a standard screen you always have to scroll way down to see it all, so I usually miss any comments or items on the checklist.

ELDHOSE
ELDHOSE

One of the best toold for managing your projects online

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

All our clients are happy and we could deliver the best to them with the help of LiquidPlanner

Pros

LiquidPlanner is a great tool to manage the projects irrespective of its size. We use it to manage our small to large projects. The main advantage is that the time tracker is available on it which helps the project leads to calculate and assign resources accordingly. LiquidPlanner also helps us to update the status to our clients regularly.

Cons

If there could be an option to send automated status mails to the client about the things/tasks done then it will be super on LiquidPlanner.

Steven
Steven

I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

Pros

As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :)

When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US.

Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

Cons

The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it.

Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

Ahmed
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Outstanding innovation in project management, while ensuring best visual representation of...

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

LiquidPlanner enabled us to create more exact project plans and executable work plans, allowing us to better track the implementation process and make changes as needed. Its collaboration features and adaptability are outstanding. The software streamlined the team's work schedules and guaranteed that everyone used it and took timely notes, which helped keep the project on track.

Pros

LiquidPlanner is easy to use and automates my routines, which saves me time. LiquidPlanner's use of Gantt charts to manage tasks and project progress provides a unique representation of the realities of a project's business, eliminating the need to manually update, recalculating deadlines and completion dates. I was also able to communicate more efficiently and effectively with my team members because I have a list of tasks to complete on a priority basis. Apart from that, it offers task management capabilities to store project documents, tables, and data in one place for all team members, making it easy to have everyone on the same page in terms of conversations and planning, and makes integrations straightforward.

Cons

Positives outnumber negatives in LiquidPlanner. It is a low-cost, easy-to-use project management application. The LiquidPlanner user interface is appealing, adaptable, and easy to understand. The notification system is excellent.

Kristen
  • Industry: Philanthropy

LiquidPlanner - expensive, but with PM software, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Over the course of my career I have used a lot of PM software. I have used Project, Jira, Basecamp, Asana, and Trello in addition to LiquidPlanner. Out of all of them, LiquidPlanner is my PM software of choice.

Pros

LiquidPlanner is a powerful project management tool. It can be used to track tasks, projects, employee capacity, schedules, deliverables, and hours. I find that the most important and helpful feature of LiquidPlanner is its ability to track employee capacity and move estimated completion dates back if someone is overloaded. This is crucial if you are working in an environment with multiple projects going on at the same time who are obliged to share certain resources (2D artists, programmers, video editors, etc.)

Cons

At most I can think of only two cons related to LiquidPlanner
1. Setting up a project in LiquidPlanner is definitely time-consuming. Project managers will need to dedicate several hours to transforming their WBS information to something that works in LP. However, this is just a drain on PMs and not project team members.
2. In some environments it can be difficult to get employees to "buy-in" to LiquidPlanner and consistently update their hours and tasks. It's a behavior change and culture shift that must be encouraged and re-enforced regularly.

Antoine

Awesome project management tool with time tracking and more

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

Pros

We've been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it.

Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects.

Whether it's dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We're using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it's already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure.

The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way.

Finally, and I think it's certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

Cons

As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

Extremely Robust Project Management Software

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We use LiquidPlanner for managing virtually everything within our business. From internal tasks to external client tasks. We even manage volunteer hours and PTO scheduling within LiquidPlanner, and we export all of our LP data into our accounting software for billing and invoicing. It's basically the backbone of our organization.

Pros

LiquidPlanner makes tracking multiple large, complex projects possible and easy (after the initial learning curve).

It provides fully customizable dashboards that can be set up per project or per user (or both) and robust reporting. It also allows you to get a good view of what's coming up in relation to how much bandwidth each user has to manage it, as well as how the team's bandwidth affects the project/task expected completion date.

It just has SO MUCH!!!

Cons

It has a fairly steep learning curve. Our team has been using LiquidPlanner for over 4 years and we are still learning various nuances of the platform or better implementations. Also, the UI could use a serious update and it's not at all mobile-friendly (the mobile app is also a joke). But none of that would deter us from using it because it provides so much value that we haven't been able to find in any other system.

Chris

Great for PM/OPs, bad for Devs & Creatives

Reviewed on 09/03/2017

I love it, however, our devs and creatives find it frustrating to use despite large amounts of training and personalisation. There are a number of tools that would make this more helpful and less painful to the "doers".

Our business needs are well met, though there are other aspects that don't accomplish our requirements. Kanban, for example, as well as cross-team/project sprint planning whilst maintaining a weekly outlook.

Finally, with the latest price hikes it doesn't feel "good value" and I'm now faced with justifying the expense when before it was self explanatory. This is compounded by exchange rates.

Pros

I have recommended.
I like the meld of planning and projection.
I love the hi/lo estimations and the detail I can provide clients

Cons

Useability for doers, especially timesheets
Lack of integrations with SCM.
Poor connectivity/communication for my clients; their portals don't show custom fields, board views or timelines for tickets/tasks.
True Kanban is not feasible
Sprint-based planning for cross-team/project resource is not possible alongside weekly overviews
A desktop app would be great; especially for devs etc
The mobile app hasn't changed since we started using this in 2012 and is highly impractical.
Doesn't work well on ipads

Ben

There are cheaper and more full-featured solutions, but

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Liquid Planner is offering our business both a more consolidated approach to project management, as well as some features and functionality we didn't have before. Overall, I think it is helping our productivity.

Pros

It does a lot of things well. It offers a lot of advanced scheduling functionality for project managers. The Projects tab is incredibly powerful. Time tracking works well. Tagging people in comments is a useful feature.

Cons

Liquid Planner's interface is kind of slow for us (we have a lot of projects). The Home and My Work tabs aren't very useful to me--they never seem to show me the right subset of tasks, which is possibly due to the way we're organizing projects and tasks, which causes most people to use the Projects tab, which is powerful, but advanced and cluttered. API integrations work well enough, but the Zapier integration, in particular, is lacking much useful functionality in my opinion. For example, what if someone wanted to send a Slack notification to a particular person every time a task was assigned to them? Currently, either not possible or at least much more difficult than it could be.

Awesome Project Planning Tool

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

In my organization, we have a shared pool of resources and several project managers. Using Liquid Planner lets all the PMs see the whole picture in a very interactive way. No secrets here! This tool really helps us to schedule in a collaborative way which is much more productive than arm wrestling for resources.

Pros

Very easy to use, but also robust project planner. The priority-driven schedule makes getting a snapshot of your overall project a breeze. Not making your dates? Rearranging the priorities of tasks simply by drag and drop to see the outcome. Reporting is easy and offers many options and the dashboards are very helpful.

Cons

I do wish there were more reporting options to allow greater customization. I know they have an API for this sort of thing, but I don't want to dig into that. Just a few more fields, options and customization opportunities would be nice. I do have to say that their support team is always very interested in hearing about customer wants and needs, so to be fair, I have not actually requested any of these reporting wish list items yet.

• Industry: Publishing

Great project manager software

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

We are an academic publisher. Our company has used LiquidPlanner for over 3 years to manage the progress of publishing a book from acquisition to publication and beyond. It is feature rich and would be of great use to those who need granular management of multiple projects with multiple team members. We did not need many of the advanced features but have still found the core application to be incredibly useful in our daily workflow. Gone are the days of inter-departmental memos and back and forth email threads.

Cons

The learning curve was a bit steep for our employees. To be fair, this was their first exposure to an online project management system. Once we were able to pare the numerous features down to the very basics, they were able to intuit how the system worked without being overwhelmed by the multitude of features that were not useful to our workflow.

Rebekah
  • Industry: Higher Education

LiquidPlanner review

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

I have lots of projects going on at the same time, all the time. LiquidPlanner is SO helpful in keeping each project straight, and all the folders and projects within each project. I'm never working alone, so being able to see where my teammates are at in their projects helps me gauge where we're at overall. There are so many features about LiquidPlanner that I love and it's incredibly hard to pick just one to talk about!

Cons

It has taken our team quite a bit of time to use LiquidPlanner to its more full potential. I know even now, we aren't using it to its full capacity. We have so much going on that we don't have the time to slow down and pick apart the features. It's a lot of trial by error and "I didn't know we could do that with LP!" is said pretty often -- which is a good thing!

Wonderful organization and clarity!

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

We have tried various project management softwares and this one allowed us to customize the process in a way the others didn't allow. Packages to organize the different projects and task is very helpful. Being able to create custom tags or attributes on tasks has also been very valuable.

Pros

This software has completely changed the way we complete projects. It has added clarity and helped us determine where we need to focus to improve the process. Being able to create reports and dashboards to see the information more clearly is very helpful! This software is reliable and accessible anywhere you can log in to the site, which is also very useful for employees who work remotely.

Cons

I have very little to say about this software negatively. I would love to see more options for the dashboards to allow even more customization, but there is already a lot available.

Ian

Does everything we need in one place

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

We turned to LiquidPlanner as we needed a way to handle a lot of projects and clients in one place, with multiple members of staff assigned to each, all tracking time against different tasks within a project.

LP enables us to analyse staff performance, billable hours logged against a task, project or client and apportion resources accordingly. It's central to our business and also means we can provide transparency and accuracy to clients when reporting on what work we have done for them.

Our staff find it helps them to manage their workload, collaborate and understand dependencies easily. It takes a little time for new starters to get used to clicking the button to time everything they do, but the benefits are enormous for us as an agency.

Pros

Reporting
Task management
Project structuring

Cons

Per-seat licensing gets expensive as the team grows or if you use a lot of freelancers.
Some quirks to the interface, could be more intuitive.

Jacob
  • Industry: Government Administration

Comprehensive project management software for multiple staff across an organization

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Overall it has been a way to help other staff get more organized. I honestly was doing fine just using Excel spreadsheets before, but it has helped management see more of what is on everyone's plates.

Pros

LP is eminently flexible and encourages staff to think out the full life-cycle of a project. I appreciate custom fields and tags, estimated times, the ability to follow other people's projects, time-tracking, in-project messaging, the breakdown of projects-tasks-checklists, and more. Not to mention reports and dashboards.

Cons

Onboarding is a huge effort, and maintaining project management is somewhat time-intensive. Also, our management team has done a poor job ensuring all staff use it in the same capacity, and management hasn't led by example.

Cate

Detailed Management with East of Use

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

LiquidPlanner has enabled me to bring resource conflicts to my stakeholders with the information to make recommendations and have the impacts of those recommendations available to communicate.

Pros

This software allows the user to manage multiple projects and see the impacts, dependencies and conflicts among them. The prioritization, and ease to change priority, are key to knowing where projects are running into issue.

Cons

We are waiting for resource pools to be able to assign work to a specific group that has a limited number without assigning the work to a specific person. Also, the need to constantly refresh each area when a change is made adds to the time is takes when creating a schedule or working through issues in a schedule.

Felipe
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The best project management software I've ever worked with

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

LiquidPlanner is a very complete software for managing projects, time spent, people, clients and analyzing the overall performance of your company. It has a lot of different functionalities. You'll probably never use all of them, since the system is so complete it has different features for different needs of all kinds of companies. We work with advertising and LP is invaluable in our day to day life. Customer support is rarely needed, but when it is, they are fast, polite and helpful. Having compared LP to other project management software, I can say I've never found one that adapts itself to our needs as much as this one.

Pros

Very large feature set, great support.

Cons

It's almost perfect, but there are some features I do miss and since it's so complete, sometimes it can be difficult to learn how to use a tool for the first time.